TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
IH8U2's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Gender: Male

Posts: 610
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 08:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Before anyone comments, PLEASE watch all the following videos all the way through to get all the points. Also, PLEASE, for the love of God, DON'T label me a racist if you disagree...


Why I don't identify with Black Lives Matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJfajpqRVXE

The Problem with 'Black Lives Matter' Movement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpYHE5dFII

What Happens When Cops Don't Shoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeOfpUI_YhE

Yes, the Charlotte Rioters DO Represent BLM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaAi56oVqg

Black Lives Matter "has caused more deaths in the last year than the KKK has in 30"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUp9-F-Tn58

Real Police Brutality Exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffcl72mtEHo


Before anyone tells me I'm unaware of the trials and tribulations blacks face, yes, there ARE instances of completely innocent blacks being killed. Yes, there ARE racist cops. Yes, blacks ARE more likely to get profiled and it's unfair to the innocent blacks. Yes, cops ARE more likely to use excessive force against minorities And yes, there ARE corrupt police FORCES like Baton Rouge. Nobody is fucking saying they don't exist. If BLM were to simply protest that, that would've been great.

But BLM started because of fucking Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown. No evidence suggests they were innocent. In fact evidence suggests they were likely on the verge of killing whoever shot them. God forbid you protect yourself right?

They advocate for the death of cops simply for being cops. They assault white people simply for being white. They want white people to be silenced and have the audacity to ask them for money and to be segregated from them.

They claim they face SYSTEMIC racism (different from individual racism at the hands of some cops) when there is no evidence to prove it.

They have a twisted logic of destroying their own businesses/communities/economy and having the audacity to believe those areas shouldn't be policed.

While I agree with the MESSAGE "black lives matter," "all lives matter" would be much more accurate. You realize FIVE white people were killed on the same day as Keith Scott, right? Where's the fucking outrage over them being killed?

Point is I fucking hate the GROUP, not the MESSAGE.

Last edited by IH8U2; November 5th 2016 at 02:54 PM.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1258457 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough
*********
 
Sophrosyne's Avatar
 
Name: Raven
Age: 19
Gender: Agender
Location: Narnia

Posts: 2,167
Join Date: April 11th 2015

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 08:52 AM

Well I don't want to argue with you, I just want to point out that all lives matter was designed to mock the BLM movement. All lives matter is like pointing a hose at a house that isn't on fire next to one that is and saying "all houses can catch on fire". Yes they can, but it isn't the one on fire right now. However that's just my opinion, and you have the right to your opinion.

Now onto BLM. That was probably originally created like you said, however movements change overtime depending on the way it needs to go. Like feminism was designed originally to give women the right to vote and other human rights, now it is still focused on giving them human rights but now it is pointing at not lacerating their faces or flattening their chests so they don't get raped, along with many other things that happen in third world countries. I mean there's more examples but this isn't about feminism. BLM now means saying that people who are black don't deserve to be shot just on the basis they are black. There was something in the news a while ago that mentioned a black kid got shot because he called the police on himself because the police are becoming so predictable about shooting black people. Basically, the kid wanted to die and the police just helped. Another kid was playing with a toy gun and the police shot him. I could go on for ages about examples but I'm not going to. BLM also means that white washing people does not make them prettier. Dark skin is seen to be uglier in many countries and there are companies that make products to make your skin lighter, or people just bleach it. Magazines white wash people on the cover, and before someone mentions that it is just the lighting when the photo was taken, it really isn't. There's proof of that bit. BLM is designed so when black people are protesting it isn't seen as violent if it is peaceful and shut down like it was violent, and when white protests become violent it isn't shut down like it's peaceful. BLM is designed to stop people assuming every black person they see is going to beat them up or is a terrorist. BLM is simply just to stop dehumanising black people on the basis of their skin colour. Sure it could have been created to be something else but as of now, it isn't. BLM is needed so people like Trump can't say that Obama isn't an American citizen just because he happens to be black, even though he had no reason to even think it other than skin colour. Which also happens to be defacing the name of the president and questioning whether he should be, however that also isn't the matter at hand. Basically, the world has enough discrimination in it, it doesn't need anymore.

Onto the next little bit I forgot to mention before, black lives matter does not and never will advocate for the death of cops just because they are cops. If that was true, there would not be cops fighting for BLM. If you have ever heard that, yes there are extremists for the group who probably would, but they do not speak for the entirety of the movement. BLM does not advocate for the assault of white people just because they are white. Again, yes there are probably extremists who do, but they do not speak for the entirety and are a minority who are made to seem like the majority. Oh, and there wouldn't be white people advocating for BLM. They do not call for segregation, black lives matter was also made to stop segregation. Hi Rosa Parks. Saying that they all call for segregation, death of police and assault of white people, is like saying that all Christians agree with the KKK and that all muslims are in ISIS/ are terrorists. You cannot classify an entire group from a minority extremist part of the group.

Sidenote, none of that was calling you racist in any way and I would never say that. Just defending black lives matter considering you did say it sucked and then swore at it while saying you hated it. I'm also just going to mention that your first paragraph could literally be your argument for why BLM is needed, did you not see how many things you mentioned weren't right? However you do have the right to your opinion, so have a good day anyway.


Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
IH8U2's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Gender: Male

Posts: 610
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post
Well I don't want to argue with you, I just want to point out that all lives matter was designed to mock the BLM movement. All lives matter is like pointing a hose at a house that isn't on fire next to one that is and saying "all houses can catch on fire". Yes they can, but it isn't the one on fire right now. However that's just my opinion, and you have the right to your opinion.
I don't think mocking them with a phrase like "all lives matter" is a bad thing. ALL lives matter includes black.

That analogy isn't accurate. 493 white people were killed in 2015.

Quote:
Now onto BLM. That was probably originally created like you said, however movements change overtime depending on the way it needs to go.
Like feminism was designed originally to give women the right to vote and other human rights, now it is still focused on giving them human rights but now it is pointing at not lacerating their faces or flattening their chests so they don't get raped, along with many other things that happen in third world countries. I mean there's more examples but this isn't about feminism.
To this day, they still riot over a black person being killed WITHOUT any evidence even coming out yet. See the Milwaukee riots. It was later proven he was armed.

Quote:
BLM now means saying that people who are black don't deserve to be shot just on the basis they are black.
But they will frame any instance of the necessity of having to put down a criminal as shooting someone just because they are black.

Quote:
There was something in the news a while ago that mentioned a black kid got shot because he called the police on himself because the police are becoming so predictable about shooting black people. Basically, the kid wanted to die and the police just helped. Another kid was playing with a toy gun and the police shot him. I could go on for ages about examples but I'm not going to.
Yes, those are very unfortunate events, but they are isolated incidents. It is a big problem, but not a general problem of all police. BLM is anti-cop.

Quote:
BLM also means that white washing people does not make them prettier. Dark skin is seen to be uglier in many countries and there are companies that make products to make your skin lighter, or people just bleach it. Magazines white wash people on the cover, and before someone mentions that it is just the lighting when the photo was taken, it really isn't. There's proof of that bit.
If they protest that, that's great.

Quote:
BLM is designed so when black people are protesting it isn't seen as violent if it is peaceful and shut down like it was violent, and when white protests become violent it isn't shut down like it's peaceful. BLM is designed to stop people assuming every black person they see is going to beat them up or is a terrorist.
They're doing a poor job by rioting.

Quote:
BLM is simply just to stop dehumanising black people on the basis of their skin colour.
But they dehumanize white people. The LEADER of BLM Toronto called white people sub-human

Quote:
Sure it could have been created to be something else but as of now, it isn't. BLM is needed so people like Trump can't say that Obama isn't an American citizen just because he happens to be black, even though he had no reason to even think it other than skin colour. Which also happens to be defacing the name of the president and questioning whether he should be, however that also isn't the matter at hand. Basically, the world has enough discrimination in it, it doesn't need anymore.
Trump is a deplorable human being, but where's the evidence he thought that because of Obama's skin color?

Quote:
Onto the next little bit I forgot to mention before, black lives matter does not and never will advocate for the death of cops just because they are cops. If that was true, there would not be cops fighting for BLM.
If you have ever heard that, yes there are extremists for the group who probably would, but they do not speak for the entirety of the movement. BLM does not advocate for the assault of white people just because they are white.
It's the very leaders who call for the death of cops and white people. Watch those videos I posted if you haven't.

Quote:
Again, yes there are probably extremists who do, but they do not speak for the entirety and are a minority who are made to seem like the majority.
Like Lauren Southern said, "Riots like Charlotte have never been an isolated incident. The violence, and madness and terror follows Black Lives Matter EVERYWHERE they go. It cannot feasibly be the same 10 idiots going on a road trip across the country to make them look bad. This has happened in Ferguson, in Baltimore, in Salt Lake City, Dallas, Milwaukee, Detroit, and now Charlotte. It's not a COINCIDENCE cities are burnt to the ground following BLM appearances or speeches by DeRay, Al Sharpton or Obama."

I do think her saying EVERYWHERE is a stretch, but the point is these are not isolated incidents.

Quote:
Oh, and there wouldn't be white people advocating for BLM.
White guilt is a thing.

Quote:
They do not call for segregation, black lives matter was also made to stop segregation. Hi Rosa Parks.
It's all too common they call for segregation.

Quote:
Saying that they all call for segregation, death of police and assault of white people, is like saying that all Christians agree with the KKK and that all muslims are in ISIS/ are terrorists. You cannot classify an entire group from a minority extremist part of the group.
There are reasonable BLM members, but it's the extremists who are making their voice heard and dictating the direction they are going.

Quote:
Sidenote, none of that was calling you racist in any way and I would never say that.
I appreciate it, thank you.

Quote:
Just defending black lives matter considering you did say it sucked and then swore at it while saying you hated it. I'm also just going to mention that your first paragraph could literally be your argument for why BLM is needed, did you not see how many things you mentioned weren't right? However you do have the right to your opinion, so have a good day anyway.
They aren't needed if they completely negate their cause with hypocrisy.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while
********
 
Nightblood.'s Avatar
 
Gender: She/Her
Location: United States

Posts: 1,829
Blog Entries: 37
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 10:04 AM

Just looking at the list of videos made by the people you linked to is enough for me to call the videos completely biased. Try to post actual evidence rather than rants of people on YouTube who hate everything and are just trying to get views and make money.

On top of what was already said, there's also the problem of how black victims are portrayed vs white. It doesn't matter what the person was like, if there's a black victim the media tries to spin it to make it seem like the person was bad. They'll purposely find a sketchy picture. If the person is white then they usually pick some sweet and innocent looking photo. This is enough to have some people decide if someone was innocent. I have no idea where your evidence that trayvon Martin and mike brown is coming from. Systematic racism is absolutely a thing. Also, there is almost always outrage over white deaths. That's the point. Maybe things are different for you in Canada, but in the US black people have it much worse and it's a huge problem.

It's 6am and I'm on my phone, I'll be back with a better thought out reaponse.



"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
IH8U2's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Gender: Male

Posts: 610
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblood. View Post
Just looking at the list of videos made by the people you linked to is enough for me to call the videos completely biased. Try to post actual evidence rather than rants of people on YouTube who hate everything and are just trying to get views and make money.
One of the videos cites the US Federal Dept of Justice and the NVCS on how 50% of violent crime is committed by blacks despite making up only 13% of the American population hence why they are targeted, incarcerated and die disproportionately. The NVCS also points out that number of blacks incarcerated is consistent with the number of reports of violent crime committed by them.

Another video uses statistics from a survey conducted by economist Roland G Fryer on how cops are less likely to kill a black person on an individual basis.

The ones from CNN and Washington Post are more general stats of the number of each race getting killed by cops, but the guy's point is that whites get killed well and that it's not a competition hence "all lives matter."

Then there are the actual footage of riots and assault, etc.

And how is Lauren Southern biased when she just posted a video acknowledging police brutality just a few days ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffcl72mtEHo

Quote:
On top of what was already said, there's also the problem of how black victims are portrayed vs white. It doesn't matter what the person was like, if there's a black victim the media tries to spin it to make it seem like the person was bad. They'll purposely find a sketchy picture. If the person is white then they usually pick some sweet and innocent looking photo.
Yes, that is a problem.

Quote:
This is enough to have some people decide if someone was innocent. I have no idea where your evidence that trayvon Martin and mike brown is coming from.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...7df75fef6.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-z...ert-testifies/

I should point out that it isn't definite that either shooting was out of self defense, and I'm not ruling out the possibility that either victim was innocent, but there is no evidence to support that claim. Yet BLM was quick to label them as victims and protest/riot over them.

Quote:
Systematic racism is absolutely a thing. Also, there is almost always outrage over white deaths. That's the point.
I'd like to see you elaborate. There was little outrage over the deaths of 5 white people on the same day Keith Scott was killed.

Quote:
Maybe things are different for you in Canada, but in the US black people have it much worse and it's a huge problem.

It's 6am and I'm on my phone, I'll be back with a better thought out reaponse.
Blacks do have it really bad compared to whites, but BLM is not the solution.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while
********
 
~Radio Flyer~'s Avatar
 
Name: Violet
Gender: Other
Location: Koolibah tree

Posts: 1,340
Blog Entries: 461
Join Date: May 12th 2016

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 12:09 PM

I can tell this thread is biased just from the title. What am I actually going to debate? You make a statement something sucks. Yeah maybe people fighting for their rights does suck for some people. And let it suck because right now there needs to be a lot of discomfort and we need to have a honest conversation. How do we hold police accountable? How do we stop the violence? How do we have a fair and equal justice system?

Just because some person says "these aren't isolated incidents" doesn't make it true. I say that systematic racism is huge. There's disproportionate amount of black kids in foster care, black men in prisons, black people being targeted by the police, black kids being targeted in schools (school to prison pipeline and also if you're Muslim or Arab and even worse if you're both black AND Arab)

Studies show that a large percentage of young people in prison were those who've aged out of the fostercare. Okay I can look up stats. But I did study this in my social work class and what strikes me is that these young adults who turned 21 or 22 or whatever, have been through so much. Many of them faced traumas and this can SO be prevented. These people can be integrated into our communities but instead abandoned by society itself and they wind up stealing a handbag or some small item. Or they have mental illness and they end up getting locked up in prison which makes their conditions even worse.

This is also a way to get rid of black and brown bodies. Maybe they're not killed, but being in prison, means a child growing up without a parent. It means a family more likely to stay in poverty due to one income. It means children growing up in a broken home. And then we ask why can't black communities just help themselves? Go get jobs, go vote for officials? Haha as if it were that easy.

Well if thousands of adults in a community are in prison, then who is doing the political work?

There are people right now who have raped people. Who have murdered people. Who have tortured people. And they are walking FREE
They called him a swimmer from Standford university. A troubled lonely white guy athlete who is depressed. Same story every time.
You see that?
There was a little girl Tamir Rice who was sleeping. SLEEPING
And the police came in invaded her home and shot her.
SHOT.
Let that suck a little right now. Because it sucks 100x more for the family who lost her.

Yes black lives matters suck because this movement shouldn't have to be here. People shouldn't have to be fighting for their life in the 21st century. This isn't fair. And it sucks a lot.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
IH8U2's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Gender: Male

Posts: 610
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-the-way View Post
I can tell this thread is biased just from the title. What am I actually going to debate? You make a statement something sucks. Yeah maybe people fighting for their rights does suck for some people. And let it suck because right now there needs to be a lot of discomfort and we need to have a honest conversation.
Um, I just provided numerous reasons why BLM sucks. Do you seriously think people should be assaulted, killed, demonized because they're white because BLM is fighting for their rights? I doubt you really believe that, but that's exactly what BLM are doing that's discomforting. THAT is what's honest. And what kind of honesty is saying every single black person killed by cops is innocent?

Quote:
How do we hold police accountable? How do we stop the violence? How do we have a fair and equal justice system?
End the drug war and crime will significantly decrease, thereby the less need for cops.

Quote:
Just because some person says "these aren't isolated incidents" doesn't make it true. I say that systematic racism is huge.
"When looking in the news, we can see events such as the George Zimmerman trial and can conclude that this would be a perfect example of institutional racism in government and public policy. It’s a clear example of white favoritism over the black minority. Many have asked, “What if Zimmerman was black and Martin white?” However, there are similar cases that answer this very question, such as the Roderick Scott case, involving a black man who shot and killed a white teenager and was found not guilty due to Stand Your Ground laws. Continual inconsistencies such as this can be found, depending on where you look. Since the news media is not the most reliable source on giving proper instances of institutional racism, we can turn to the criminal-justice system for a better insight, as many claim that it’s a perfect example. With all the data collected regarding race and crime in the US, it becomes clear that data and statistics on the matter often conflict. One study says race and crime tend to even out between all races, while others say that it doesn’t. It’s still up for debate on what exactly is true. Statistics showing instances of institutionalized racism in the criminal-justice system are also unreliable."


http://thoughtcatalog.com/dave-nappi...tional-racism/


I'm not going to out the possibility of systemic racism, but the point is that there is no PROOF of it.


Quote:
There's disproportionate amount of black kids in foster care, black men in prisons, black people being targeted by the police, black kids being targeted in schools (school to prison pipeline and also if you're Muslim or Arab and even worse if you're both black AND Arab)

Studies show that a large percentage of young people in prison were those who've aged out of the fostercare. Okay I can look up stats. But I did study this in my social work class and what strikes me is that these young adults who turned 21 or 22 or whatever, have been through so much. Many of them faced traumas and this can SO be prevented.
Do you know why? Because 50% of violent crime in America is committed by blacks, most notably males, which is why many are either incarcerated or killed, leaving mothers to raise their kids by themselves. Without growing up in a structured environment, chances are they end up just like their parents and the cycle continues.

Quote:
These people can be integrated into our communities but instead abandoned by society itself and they wind up stealing a handbag or some small item. Or they have mental illness and they end up getting locked up in prison which makes their conditions even worse.

This is also a way to get rid of black and brown bodies. Maybe they're not killed, but being in prison, means a child growing up without a parent. It means a family more likely to stay in poverty due to one income. It means children growing up in a broken home. And then we ask why can't black communities just help themselves? Go get jobs, go vote for officials? Haha as if it were that easy.

Well if thousands of adults in a community are in prison, then who is doing the political work?
That's because welfare creates poverty.

Quote:
There are people right now who have raped people. Who have murdered people. Who have tortured people. And they are walking FREE
They called him a swimmer from Standford university. A troubled lonely white guy athlete who is depressed. Same story every time.
You see that?
There was a little girl Tamir Rice who was sleeping. SLEEPING
And the police came in invaded her home and shot her.
SHOT.
Let that suck a little right now. Because it sucks 100x more for the family who lost her.
Those are very fucked up, but do you have any evidence of those being examples of systemic racism?

Quote:
Yes black lives matters suck because this movement shouldn't have to be here. People shouldn't have to be fighting for their life in the 21st century. This isn't fair. And it sucks a lot.
You don't need BLM to fight oppression.

Honestly I'm exhausted and pissed off. Apparently I'm the only one who holds these beliefs and I don't have the energy to debate numerous people all by myself. I probably won't be replying anymore. Y'all can go ahead and believe I lost. This will be my last political thread.

EDIT: I'm very sorry for getting pissed. Apparently I'm not ready for debate because I get "triggered" by other viewpoints just like the very SJW's criticize. I'm very sorry for being a hypocrite. I'm not going to continue debating, but feel free to debate amongst yourselves.

Last edited by IH8U2; November 5th 2016 at 02:37 PM.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,523
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 01:42 PM

Everyone is biased. It's part of what makes us human. In the other thread about "cultural appropriation" there were accusations of bias in academia. They are also true.

CNN is also biased. Fox News is biased. This website is biased for Christ sakes. lol

If you want to dismiss something simply for "being biased", just dismiss life itself.

Biased doesn't mean wrong. It has little to do with. If you're dealing with extremists, then yes, extreme bias will often lead to outright lies (one way to identify extremism). But this relatively uncommon in the mainstream (it does happen though). Most bias comes from a difference in opinion. Asserting opinion as fact though... well, that's easily turned into lies. Opinions aren't facts. Facts are facts. I could say a lot about that, but it would be digressing too much.

Still, following on from that (don't want to leave this out), usually people's opinions shape how they over-represent or under-represent certain facts. That also is bias. That is bias. Those over-represented "facts" may not be lies, but they do shape other people's opinions. But as I said... opinions aren't facts. The lines get easily blurred, making it hard to point the finger and blame anyone.

I think the only mainstream/national American news channel biased towards conservatism, is Fox News. There might be some smaller ones I haven't heard of though. The remainder of the mainstream news channels are quite widely acknowledged to have a liberal bias (http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...y-2014-10?IR=T).

This is really worthy of a thread of it's own. I think I've tried before, but no one replied.

.


"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.


   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
arepo's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,433
Blog Entries: 15
Join Date: June 7th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8U2 View Post
I don't think mocking them with a phrase like "all lives matter" is a bad thing. ALL lives matter includes black.
I'm not really here to debate, but I just want to clarify why "all lives matter" ("blue lives matter" in regards to police officers is also a thing for the same reason as "ALM") isn't really a good thing, in this situation. A phrase is, for the most part, meaningless until a person says it with their own intentions. I believe all lives matter too. But, the person who originally said it only started saying and spreading it because BLM existed. It was a way to, I guess, annoy or stick a thorn in the movement. People say "black lives matter" because often, a lot of people still think less of them because of their skin color.

I know the movement has extremists and they're not right either. I know you don't support Donald Trump, but it's a similar example with a white person. He has rallies with people who support him. There are extremists who support him who think Mexicans are rapists and hardened criminals. Trump said that himself. I'll quote it -

Quote:
"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best ..."
"They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."
I'm rambling, but I'm just saying there are similarities between the extremist Trump supporters and the extremists in BLM (just as a black vs. white example). I don't like debating anyway. Not my thing. But also, try not to be angry because no one is trying to attack you. We respect your opinion, but with this being the debate forum opinions tend to get picked apart to discuss them.

Sorry that was a bit longer than I intended and I'm even sure I said what I originally wanted to, but continue to post if you feel comfortable. You always bring interesting and valuable viewpoints to the forum and I enjoy looking at them regardless of if I agree or not. I like to see a variety of opinions on things to determine my opinion, you know? I think others do, too. Maybe once you get some rest you'll be a bit more calm and level-headed if you want to reply to anything else.


“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while
********
 
~Radio Flyer~'s Avatar
 
Name: Violet
Gender: Other
Location: Koolibah tree

Posts: 1,340
Blog Entries: 461
Join Date: May 12th 2016

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 02:08 PM

Well when I said thread is biased from the title, I meant the title does not provide a framework of what to argue. Like how do you argue whether something "sucks" or not? That's confusing to me. A better title would be "do you think BLM is or isn't effective?" Because then that makes room for both sides. But saying "why" it "sucks" makes it sound like there's no room for a balanced conversation.

I know I'm biased and I am fine was bias. I was joking with the OP that I'm a SJW and we were laughing together, in the chatroom last night. But in a debate, I feel it is best to create a space that invites multiple perspectives. And maybe I'm really bad at doing that myself, which is why I don't make my own threads here even when I have ideas. It takes courage.and props to OP

That said, I'm sorry to hear OP is pissed off. That wasn't my intention. I am holding back to reply now because I don't want to piss you off more. But it was fun being here while it lasted. Although maybe fun isnt the word I'm looking for.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,523
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-the-way View Post
Well when I said thread is biased from the title, I meant the title does not provide a framework of what to argue. Like how do you argue whether something "sucks" or not? That's confusing to me. A better title would be "do you think BLM is or isn't effective?" Because then that makes room for both sides. But saying "why" it "sucks" makes it sound like there's no room for a balanced conversation.
I can't disagree with that. "Sucks", "shit", "good", "bad", are all very arbitrary quantities a person can assign to these kinds of things. These are to a large degree pretty subjective debates in the first place, so it will happen, and it is natural.

I made a similar thread a while ago (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-c...ves-matter-uk/). I was pretty irate when I did it (I'm working on that, lol), but I think I avoided subjectivism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8U2 View Post
Honestly I'm exhausted and pissed off. Apparently I'm the only one who holds these beliefs and I don't have the energy to debate numerous people all by myself. I probably won't be replying anymore. Y'all can go ahead and believe I lost. This will be my last political thread.
I would join you... but I've sort of been over this before in this forum. Besides, you actually seem to know more about these things than I do. So I'm not sure what I can contribute. But when I can contribute, I usually do.

I've tried to take a few steps back from these things, and not get so absorbed into the details of what is happening... and try to understand why it is happening instead.

I mean really, whatever BLM is up to today, is probably similar enough to what it was three months ago, I'm guessing with some exponential growth added. Maybe 15% (don't laugh, that's how I think these things though).

It really isn't anything new to me, that's all. What I'm really waiting for and interested to see with regards to BLM, is what is going to happen after the election. I have 3 theories, which look approximately like this:

1. If Trump wins, they are going to disappear

2. If Trump wins, they are going to riot
3. If Hilary wins, they are going to disappear


Whether they riot or not, I think depends on just how much funding they might/might not be receiving from whatever donors/sponsors they have.

BLM started out "genuine", but I'm pretty sure that since then it has been hijacked for political purposes, and deliberately used as an opposition to Trump's campaign. I haven't researched this thoroughly, but I've heard of various allegations involving George Soros. I don't know how true this is, or if it's just conspiracy theories, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. This is a pretty condemning source though: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sor...alized-police/

1. If Trump wins, they are going to disappear
If I'm right, and BLM is being used as a political tool by influential sponsors/donors... then logically, the instant the election is over, BLM will stop being "useful" to those sponsors. Their funding will dry up, and BLM will shrink in size to a tenth of what it is, and I imagine some of their more influential activists will take whatever money is left and run off with it. The remainder might riot against Trump, make a few headlines, probably get locked up, and it will all be over.

2. If Trump wins, they are going to riot
If I'm wrong, and BLM is in fact fully self-sufficient and independent of donations... then they are going to keep on going, and likely get even more extreme in response to Trump getting elected. This could be certifiably insane. If we take events like the Dallas shooting and extrapolate them until after the election, I wouldn't say that actual terrorist attacks are beyond BLM... in which case, under Trump, they would possibly get designated as a terrorist group, and crushed in the mainstream, but remain a big problem "underground".

3. If Hilary wins, they are going to disappear
Or they might not disappear. I think they will though. There will be no reason to riot, as far as I understand it. And the election will be over, so there will be no reason to sponsor BLM either. It's possible though that with various other rising conservative movements antagonizing BLM... BLM might actually keep going purely out of defiance.
___________________________________________

Those are my theories, in simple terms. Realistically, I think if Trump wins... the scenario will be something in between 1 and 2.

.



"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.



Last edited by BDF; November 5th 2016 at 03:16 PM.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,606
Blog Entries: 1757
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Why the Black Lives Matter movement sucks - November 5th 2016, 05:49 PM

I think BLM is not organized properly.

Honestly, the all lives matter saying is ridiculous because all lives don't matter in society.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
black, lives, matter, movement, sucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.