TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 12:17 AM

Anyone else find this extremely rude? Some people - (Rosie O'donnell in particular - but there are some others)- observed that during Trump's election speech, that his son had "weird mannerisms" and a blank tired facial expression --so they are openly wondering and suggesting that he is autistic. For example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAd5Pu9iw4 The kid looks fine to me, and I think this is a pretty horrible thing to do to a 10 year old. If he doesn't have autism, then you are basically just telling this 10 year old boy that he seems to act like he has something wrong with his brain. If he does have autism- then shouldn't he have the same right as everyone else to go in public without everyone pointing out every odd trait about him? Why would that be anyone's business?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 01:23 AM

I don't follow the news because it's triggering but I have heard this. Personally, I think that children should be off limits when it comes to politics. I've seen people say some terrible things about the Obama children and it angered me and this is no different.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 02:06 AM

Right or wrong, the whole family is in the public eye/microscope now, especially after the way the campaign was. This is unfortunately par for the course. It probably won't end up being the worst thing that gets said. Plus, even if there wasn't publicity around him, this seems to be a current public trend. If anyone responds to anything in any way that someone doesn't think is appropriate, expected, or "normal" they assume the person is "on the spectrum" (part of the reason I hate that phrase so much) and that they have the right to decide that and say so. That doesn't make it true or right, and I'm not saying I agree with it, but this is how it is now.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; November 26th 2016 at 05:13 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 12:47 PM

I've not paid much attention to him before, but now that people are bringing it up... yes, it looks like he could be placed on the ASD spectrum. I'm sure it makes for an "interesting conversation" to some people, him being Trump's son and all... but to me it doesn't really mean much. Obviously it's a shame he was born that way (the is controversy over whether vaccines are responsible for this, I've heard evidence for and against more times than I can remember), but still it doesn't have much bearing on current events and politics.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BayernManiac3 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 04:12 PM

He had that look on his face because it was three in the morning and I even had that look on my face. It's tiring traveling all over the place and staying up like crazy when you're 10. If he didn't have that kind of look I'd me more concerned lol. He doesent have autism. He is a completely mentally normal 10 year old.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 09:27 PM

He's 10 years old. Jesus Christ, just leave him alone.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 26th 2016, 10:03 PM

I don't care if he has it or if he doesn't. That's not the place of the media to focus on him. He's a kid. Kids should be largely off bounds and a no fly zone to the media. Regardless of what thinks of his father, the media should be the better men. There's no excuse to ever go after or make a kid the center of attention like this.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Elision Offline
Formerly Pan221
Regular TeenHelper

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 27th 2016, 01:04 PM

If he does or doesn't have it, the media should leave him alone. He's only 10 and deserves privacy and a childhood, no matter who his parents are or what situation he is in. Let him and his family deal with this is private, and not make general speculations.

I am inimitable, I am an original

If you cannot reach me to fly, teach me to sing

(#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 27th 2016, 03:20 PM

The kid was probably exhausted, jeez. I believe he's the youngest to live at the Oval Office since Caroline and John-John! Even they had their own nannies to care for them while JFK and Jackie were out and about doing presidential and first lady duties.

Exhaustion ≠ Autism.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 27th 2016, 07:59 PM

Angry libs that don't have respect for things not going their way do everything to insult their opponents

I don't listen to it cause it doesn't matter a thing to me, I got more important news to follow

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 28th 2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post
Angry libs that don't have respect for things not going their way do everything to insult their opponents

I don't listen to it cause it doesn't matter a thing to me, I got more important news to follow
It's not just liberals who do this. For the past 8 years conservatives have been saying things about the Obama's and a number of things I've seen have even attacked their children.

When people don't get their way they do/say stupid and hurtful things. It's just a fact of life and one of the reasons I avoid people.

Even if this child has autism this is not something that people should be discussing unless his parents bring it up. Children that are younger than 18 should be off limits. They did not choose to have a parent become the president.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 28th 2016, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post

Do you know what a real liberal is? Take a look at this thread. Almost everyone on this site is a varying shade of liberal. What do you see?
On the other hand, basically every conservative on TV or the radio talked nonstop ish about Obama throughout his eight years, and it wasn't just based on policy. They couldn't find any significant scandals, so they ran with anything they could get their hands on. They'd say he was from Kenya (Trump basically started that bit of idiocy), they said he was sympathetic to terrorists because he wouldn't send soldiers to die (he bombed the living hell out of the middle east instead), they'd say he was communist (Wall Street/comparative history says hell no), they said he was a Muslim (wrong, but who the hell cares) they said he was a bad parent because Malia MIGHT have been caught with weed at Bonaroo (once again, who the hell cares), and they would talk shit about Michelle for whatever imaginary reason available (usually looks for some reason, despite being a beautiful woman). Also, don't forget about this one: Hillary Clinton and the DNC are satanic pedophiles. Of all the bullshit I've heard over the years, THAT is the worst.
So no, it isn't like the so-called liberals on TV have a monopoly on ridiculous personal arguments against conservatives. It goes both ways.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 28th 2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Do you know what a real liberal is? Take a look at this thread. Almost everyone on this site is a varying shade of liberal. What do you see?
On the other hand, basically every conservative on TV or the radio talked nonstop ish about Obama throughout his eight years, and it wasn't just based on policy. They couldn't find any significant scandals, so they ran with anything they could get their hands on. They'd say he was from Kenya (Trump basically started that bit of idiocy), they said he was sympathetic to terrorists because he wouldn't send soldiers to die (he bombed the living hell out of the middle east instead), they'd say he was communist (Wall Street/comparative history says hell no), they said he was a Muslim (wrong, but who the hell cares) they said he was a bad parent because Malia MIGHT have been caught with weed at Bonaroo (once again, who the hell cares), and they would talk shit about Michelle for whatever imaginary reason available (usually looks for some reason, despite being a beautiful woman). Also, don't forget about this one: Hillary Clinton and the DNC are satanic pedophiles. Of all the bullshit I've heard over the years, THAT is the worst.
So no, it isn't like the so-called liberals on TV have a monopoly on ridiculous personal arguments against conservatives. It goes both ways.
Sorry, but I didn't see Republicans criticize Obama's children, I didn't really follow political news this much before Trump vs Clinton began (Cause I was young and wasn't as interested in politics as I am now). I did catch wind about Michelle Obama being mocked, but I don't take part in it cause I don't care about Michelle being a ladyboy (One of the insults they hurl) or an ugly female (She ain't my type but that's only personal preference). About the Obama from Kenya thing, I don't care about that either and same goes for him being Muslim (Unless he's an extremist)

Funny how the thing that you saw as the worst is checkable on WikiLeaks of all places, a site that has a track record with not being wrong, it's not that some random news source says it. Even Clinton confirmed the Podesta e-mails herself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGGvDzFc2cs despite blaming WikiLeaks on Russian hackers, which I doubt are the only one)

Edit: To answer your question "Do you know what a liberal is", that's why I don't call the people that insult Barron full on liberals, but libs. Real liberals have more integrity than that

And if you want to question my political stance, read this post from me from Reddit:

"I am a liberal as in that I believe gay people, transgenders, people with disabilities (I am someone with a disability) and racial/national minorities are just as human as Americans and deserve equal treatment, equal chances with equal responsibility. I am by any means NOT a feminist, cause I loathe that movement (Talking about third wave feminism here, and I stand on believing that gay/trans/disabled/POC are just as human (not more) as straight white males till the day I die)

I was, at first, legit undecided and thought both dying would do wonders for the country. I knew about Hillary's Bengazi incident, but in some way, I partly gobbled up MSM propaganda. I discussed politics with my mom, and said Hillary would give people like me more of a chance. And then the week before the election happened
I was in a Skype chat with friends who were Trump supporters (I didn't call them anything in the book), and I saw links of the Podesta e-mails and FBIAnon threat on 4chan. Then I thought "Oh shit, this might be pretty legit and Clinton is FAR worse than people think". Then this shit starts happening with Pizzagate and verifications that it IS legit.

I became redpilled, redpilling my friends generally didn't work but the damage was done. If I could of voted, I would've voted Trump. Even if he doesn't give "people like me" more of a chance than Killary. I am more anti sick shit and corruption, what Hillary personified."

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 28th 2016, 06:57 PM

I think it's worth saying... that just because InfoWars is covering the supposed "PizzaGate" scandal... doesn't necessarily mean it's false. Same way that if InfoWars were to say that the Earth orbits the sun, doesn't suddenly make that false.

I get it, that comparing those two statements is a long shot... but I just wanted to show a different angle to looking at these things.

I've not personally been following PizzaGate much (not had much time recently). I've seen a few news reports, and of course they seem credible on the surface, but I take few things for their surface value. It's easy to fake things on the internet after all, just to grab headlines. My earlier statement somewhere on this forum that this "PizzaGate" scandal is just a personal attack, may have been false however. There were apparently official FBI documents confirming various symbolism and code words used by underground pedophile rings, and those code words and symbolism were apparently found by some people to be used repetitively in those uncovered emails, and in various other places (various leaflets and such). I didn't personally investigate it further, but I think it's worth doing if people have the time (I don't at the moment).

My point was just because InfoWars covers the story... doesn't automatically mean it's bullshit.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 28th 2016, 08:45 PM

Alright Jordi, I can respect that, but realize when you say 'libs', that sounds like your saying it from the opposite end of the political spectrum. I've never heard a liberal call another liberal a 'lib'.
But yeah, I don't watch Fox News a ton (the conservative news source with the most money) but they're always pulling personal attacks on Obama, Michelle, Clinton, and Malia, although I think that was just the one time. I don't think they've ever gone after Sasha. And their attacks are usually hypocritical- Jon Stewart slaughtered Sean Hannity on national television for saying Donald Trump was a hard-working, self-made billionaire while talking shit about Obama being wealthy (significantly less so, with far less help) only 8 years before.
I had a link in another thread that explains how spirit cooking, in this case, was not some sort of satanic ritual, but more likely a regular dinner. Yeah, Wikileaks did find it, but they presented it in a way that implied, "hey Christians, Hillary and co. worship Satan...". As for Pizzagate, That story doesn't have legs at all. It's basically a figment of someone's imagination, backed up by nonsense proof.
Keep in mind, I do NOT like Hillary. That's well documented on this site, and I was ready to vote for Stein until I realized that the race was close.

http://www.snopes.com/john-podesta-spirit-cooking/
This is concerning the spirit cooking. Keep in mind that it's Snopes' job to do investigative research into rumors like this.
And as for Infowars, they've posted so many nonsense stories ('lizard people') that I have no reason to trust them. That's what I mean when I talk shit about them, if they're wrong 99% of the time, I'm not likely to believe them on any individual theory at any point for the sake of that 1%, especially for a theory as sensationalist as this.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 30th 2016, 06:28 PM

Update- The video was removed since Ms.Trump threatened to sue whoever put it up, and said that he does not have autism.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: People are suggesting Barron Trump has autism - November 30th 2016, 06:39 PM

Yeah, that's rude, and people shouldn't be doing that. I'm liberal AF and I think Barron's father is a piece of crap, but don't drag young children into it, that's just wrong.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread