TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Jordioa18's Avatar
 
Name: Jordi
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Bumblefuck, The Netherlands

Posts: 725
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: February 12th 2012

Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 2nd 2017, 02:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us...ley/index.html

(I'm using CNN as source since there's more probability of people here believing it from CNN rather than just me or other sources, but I've seen it happen with my own eyes in livestreams which is linked down below)

Honestly, this is not a peaceful protest (It would insult peaceful protesters by calling this one). If you don't agree with Milo, you have the right to, but that doesn't justify burning buildings, punching people and smashing property just because a controversial right wing speaker comes to your school, what the left is EXACTLY doing! This is borderline fascism, terrorism (Definition of terrorism is: the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes or the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorisation) and not supportive of freedom of political opinion/discussion

Sources that it isn't just a "protest" (Warning: This might shock you):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3fT6pnhjJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOCU-mBk (2 hour stream)

To all the politically left people here, do you have any justification for the violence and damage? (You don't have to answer this) I know you're not all violent, not trying to generalize you myself (Although I think I am generalizing by mistake, my apologies in advance), but it's bloody hard not to combined with the race-baiting cultural marxism, feminist anti-equality crap the loud minority supports. I would be disavowing this if it was the other way around as it would also discourage freedom of political opinion/discussion as well. It frankly sickens me that there are people that support this behavior just because someone people don't like speak


Skype: jordiadutchbroski
PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,523
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 2nd 2017, 06:11 PM

I'm getting positively fucking angry by now. I feel like going into a crowd of people like that, with a "Make America Great Again" cap, wait for people to start shit, and go savage on them like Mike Tyson.

Since I live in the UK, it's harder to find these crowds. So maybe I should buy's Trump's "Art of the Deal" book, and take it with me on the London underground on Friday night when people are drunk, and see what happens when they see his name printed in capitals on a hardback cover.

I have a daily tolerance threshold for this sort of news, and it got breached very fast today. This is not the only offensive news I have seen. Two other unrelated news stories are running which I find extremely fucking offensive. Probably even more than this:

1. Iraq lawyer Phil Shiner struck off over misconduct - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38841544
This case makes me positively sick. I'm not militaristic at all, so I'm far from being obsessed with armed forces in any context. But what this shitstain did, is extremely damaging, and most people who catch a glimpse of the news story probably won't realize at first sight why this is.

This is a guy, who for whatever reasons (there are only 2 possible reasons), has perpetuated a narrative in the mainstream disenfranchising British armed forces by accusing them of human rights abuses. There are two effects which this has:
  1. It encourages further Islamic extremism in response to such allegations of British troops abusing Muslims, especially home-grown extremism (Muslims in the UK have more exposure to these news stories than Muslims in the Middle East)
  2. It shapes our own culture at home in such a way, that people misplace their sympathy with "victims" who were never victims in the first place, ultimately leading to apologism of things such as Islamic extremism and even sympathy
This guy isn't just "anyone". I have seen news stories connected with his legal cases scattered over the media for the past decade probably, and years ago, these news stories even shaped my own opinion on the conflict. This guy is directly responsible for fucking up culture in a major way, misinforming people, misshaping the narrative, and of course, is also responsible for slander of British soldiers.

The two reasons (suggested by the BBC) why he might have done it:
  1. Money
  2. Ideology - "ends justify the means". Someone suggested that he did this because he believed it was for the greater good to reshape the narrative this way, and remold public perception
Either way FUCK him. People like this should face long prison sentences. So far, he's getting none. He's been "struck off". And I only say this because I have a respect for our own legal system. If not for that, I'd be calling for him to be beaten up in a public "walk of shame".


2. Quebec Mosque attack, and accusations of the narrative being manipulated - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV62pqS7AAA&t=330s
Theories exist that the news stories in the mainstream media with regards to the Quebec Mosque attack have been heavily manipulated. Here are the believed motives why this would be done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjI4rsk9G8k&t=329s

This is from my experience a reliable media source. I'm not aware of them perpetuating any conspiracy theories before, however I need more information before I genuinely believe that this is a coverup. If it is, it wouldn't be the first, and would not surprise me at all. Here are some previous cases, scattered all over the West, which bare similarity in that the narrative was in some way manipulated and the truth obfuscated:
  • GREAT BRITAIN: Rotherham rape scandal in the UK = 1400 minors sexually exploited by Pakistani gangs, which police initially failed to investigate for fear of accusations of "racial profiling"
  • GERMANY: Cologne sexual assaults during 2016 New Year celebrations, German police were pressured to replace words such as "rape" with less severe phrases, among other things
  • SWEDEN: general failure to reliably document and research correlations between crime and migration
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9yjrqtWG0&t=212s
  • USA: "lobby groups prevailed on the Obama Administration to remove all mention of Islam and jihad from the counter-terror training materials used by the FBI and other agencies" http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/di...lando-shooter/
How many cases are there, which were too small to catch the public's attention??? It requires something outrageous like the sexual assaults in Cologne to happen, for people to pay attention.

I really want to hurt the people responsible for this. Everything that is happening today... yep, is in large thanks to this shit.

_____________________________________________

So. YES. Keep the riots going. Do more. Shoot someone dead even. Yesterday my parents didn't even know who Milo Yiannopoulos is. Today I come down to make myself coffee in the afternoon, and my mother asked me "have I heard of this guy?", after seeing the riots on BBC news in the UK. He has gotten free coverage all over the mainstream media thanks to these riots, and he's only going to get bigger and louder because of it.

Keep it going.

At this rate, this entire far-left fanaticism is going to implode on itself like the economy did in 2008, and it will be dead for at least as long as Trump is president. These riots alone, will win him the 2020 election. Keep it going. Good work.

.


"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.



Last edited by BDF; February 2nd 2017 at 06:34 PM.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough
*********
 
Sophrosyne's Avatar
 
Name: Raven
Age: 18
Gender: Agender
Location: Narnia

Posts: 2,167
Join Date: April 11th 2015

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 2nd 2017, 07:12 PM

I'm considered left wing if I lived in America, and I absolutely do not agree with these protests. You do have to remember that the right wing did protest when Obama became president as well, but that does not justify these actions. You did end up generalising a bit there, especially when you said 'exactly what the left are doing', considering it is only the extremists who end up doing this kind of thing, and there are extremists in every group. What happened cannot be justified by anyone except the people who partook in it, and even then it would be a lousy justification.


Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,523
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 2nd 2017, 07:25 PM

SO, it is people's job to invariably hold their own side of the debate accountable for their behavior and actions, and call it out... or if not then at the very least dissociate themselves from such people who indulge in radicalism. Unfriend them on Facebook. Avoid these people. Don't turn up to their speeches. Don't attend their events. Don't share their articles or YouTube videos, unless it is to call them out, make an example of them, and denounce them.

Enough of this bullshit mantra "unify for a good cause". What cause is this? To what ends? People lose sight of their "good cause" when they are so fanatical about it that they pursue it by any means necessary.

Yes, people who call themselves Muslim have a duty to speak out against radicalism within their own ideology, and not just sit quiet because some "small part" of them sympathizes with extremists. I've seen them speak out, just not very often. Fear of persecution also is a reason, which is more understandable.

Yes, people on the right wing have a duty to speak out against radicalism. I've seen it happen. Milo Yiannopoulos denounced the "alt-right" several times by now since their proclaimed leader (Spencer) held a speech with actual NAZI salutes.

Christians have the same responsibility... although Christian radicalism isn't something mainstream in the West today.

Left wing, has the same responsibility. Enough of this "solidarity" horseshit, breaking the same bread with fanatics just because people share similar values. Anyone who does it, could potentially be breaking bread with terrorists soon enough. Communism is the 2nd main cause of terrorism in the world today, after Islamic radicalism (source: EUROPOL TE-SAT 2016 report). "ANTIFA" stands for "anti-fascists", and it is an anarcho-communist group responsible for the vandalism on inauguration day, and very likely at least partially responsible for these riots today.


Fucking ENOUGH already.

.


"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.


   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 03:49 AM

Hello!

Nothing to add.
Except to say.... I absolutely agree.
It was all VERY well said by both Jordi and BDF.

Craig
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 04:13 AM

I despise Milo and I think he's a dumbass, but I hate this a lot more. He should absolutely be allowed to speak at the university, and once he's done speaking to his 12 fans at Berkeley, have another speaker explain why Milo's positions are wrong using WORDS. They could even ask Milo if he would debate somebody. It isn't that hard. I almost always support protesting, its 100% constitutional, but Jesus Christ this was a stupid thing to protest. And rioting? That's ridiculous. I almost think Milo planted somebody there though. I say that because he did that in his feud with Leslie Jones, where either he or his supporters made a fake twitter account of Leslie Jones that called him a faggot, to which he said, "SEE? SEE? SHE DID IT!" I also would like to think that if you're smart enough to get into Berkeley, you're smart enough to not riot for a pathetic reason like this.
When you think about it, Milo got what he wanted. Now he can demonize the left and say they're authoritarian (and in this case he's right), even though true liberals believe in almost absolute free speech for everyone. That's part of being liberal, having free speech for all (the only restrictions being libel and slander). Of course, there IS an authoritarian wing on the left, and thats what this was, but in my opinion it isn't anywhere near as bad as the authoritarian right. But its less obvious.
The thing about this being left or right, it isn't always about that. When you take a political compass test, it scales you left to right on a grid for economics, and then up and down on social issues. This idea wouldn't get any traction, but when it comes to social issues, I think people should refer to their beliefs as 'up' and 'down' (like the compass) where up is more authoritarian and down means you support more social freedom. When it comes to authoritarianism, being left or right doesnt always come into play. A right wing king can be just as authoritarian as a left wing communal government.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,301
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 07:07 AM

Apparently his book sales have gone up by 12,000% because of this.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 07:31 AM

^See? Another thing he wanted.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Jordioa18's Avatar
 
Name: Jordi
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Bumblefuck, The Netherlands

Posts: 725
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: February 12th 2012

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
I despise Milo and I think he's a dumbass, but I hate this a lot more. He should absolutely be allowed to speak at the university, and once he's done speaking to his 12 fans at Berkeley, have another speaker explain why Milo's positions are wrong using WORDS. They could even ask Milo if he would debate somebody. It isn't that hard. I almost always support protesting, its 100% constitutional, but Jesus Christ this was a stupid thing to protest. And rioting? That's ridiculous. I almost think Milo planted somebody there though. I say that because he did that in his feud with Leslie Jones, where either he or his supporters made a fake twitter account of Leslie Jones that called him a faggot, to which he said, "SEE? SEE? SHE DID IT!" I also would like to think that if you're smart enough to get into Berkeley, you're smart enough to not riot for a pathetic reason like this.
When you think about it, Milo got what he wanted. Now he can demonize the left and say they're authoritarian (and in this case he's right), even though true liberals believe in almost absolute free speech for everyone. That's part of being liberal, having free speech for all (the only restrictions being libel and slander). Of course, there IS an authoritarian wing on the left, and thats what this was, but in my opinion it isn't anywhere near as bad as the authoritarian right. But its less obvious.
The thing about this being left or right, it isn't always about that. When you take a political compass test, it scales you left to right on a grid for economics, and then up and down on social issues. This idea wouldn't get any traction, but when it comes to social issues, I think people should refer to their beliefs as 'up' and 'down' (like the compass) where up is more authoritarian and down means you support more social freedom. When it comes to authoritarianism, being left or right doesnt always come into play. A right wing king can be just as authoritarian as a left wing communal government.
>Saying Milo might've planted someone

Other arguments say George Soros' Open Society/MoveOn meddlers did this (Alex Soros, son of Georgie, is a PhD candidate in that university, and George has been funding BLM and anti-Trump protests lately). What has more base than Milo having a plant. The craziness of the rioters might be deep-rooted too and not be see-able at first, most universities carry a left wing bias on most things

And lastly, I've seen Milo respectfully debate with people. But I frankly don't know if the media wants you to see that. Here are some clips (Might have overzealous titles, but it's about the content of the videos) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQbGiLiT19o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ij1-VB9YA


Skype: jordiadutchbroski
PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Jordioa18's Avatar
 
Name: Jordi
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Bumblefuck, The Netherlands

Posts: 725
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: February 12th 2012

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post
I'm considered left wing if I lived in America, and I absolutely do not agree with these protests. You do have to remember that the right wing did protest when Obama became president as well, but that does not justify these actions. You did end up generalising a bit there, especially when you said 'exactly what the left are doing', considering it is only the extremists who end up doing this kind of thing, and there are extremists in every group. What happened cannot be justified by anyone except the people who partook in it, and even then it would be a lousy justification.
I wasn't really into politics as I am now when Obama was elected (I was 10 years old for goodness sake when I kept myself busy with just video games), but there were protests with Obama, but they were less of a riot and the violent shit either rarely happened or happened on a much smaller scale (I'm not applauding the rioters in 2008 if they did, they are scum themselves)


Skype: jordiadutchbroski
PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,523
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 12:23 PM

I just want to say, that I ABSOLUTELY want a solid, hard hitting debate between Milo Yiannopoulos and any prominent left wing icon.

Milo said he wants this as well. I believe he said he wants a "nemesis" of his own which he can debate against on the left, and that he wants a strong opposition that will challenge his views. He currently believes that there are very few such people, and possibly none who are willing to debate him in the mainstream. There have been a few interviews here and there, but nothing more. Perhaps with the end of his tour on college campuses we will see more of it.

Such a "debate" implies a debate, and not name calling, insults and unfounded accusations based on modified definitions of words such as "racism", or accusations of Islamophobia based on a person giving direct quotes from the Quran which contradict left wing narrative of Islam being a "religion of peace", or any other ridiculousness.

Mainstream TV generally does not invite him for interviews. He specifically says he wants live interviews, as he is extremely wary of being "edited" in such a way to make him appear something he is not. This is a valid concern, and I don't even want to get started on why this is.

Why don't The Young Turks invite Milo onto their show? They're in the same weight category. Who knows, if they give him a beating, I might even start watching them again.
__________________________________________________

P.S. and I wanted to correct what I said in my earlier comment. I re-read the EUROPOL TE-SAT 2016 report last night, and it doesn't specifically list communism as the 2nd largest cause of terrorism. It somewhat vaguely suggests that "left-wing terrorism" is more prominent than "right-wing terrorism". "Jihadist terrorism" is undisputedly the largest threat.

There's also "ethno-nationalist" and "separatist" terrorism, which is sort of a category of it's own. It's certainly "right-wing" in nature and motives, but it's also almost entirely separate from mainstream culture and what we're talking about here. Arguably, even "Jihadist terrorism" has ideologically right-wing motives... so basically, none of this is as black & white as I said earlier.

.


"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.


   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
AMA on teenhelp's Avatar
 
Name: .
Age: 18
Gender: Shark
Location: The sea

Posts: 399
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 15th 2015

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 3rd 2017, 10:06 PM

I like milo we need more people like that on this world


it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post
>Saying Milo might've planted someone

Other arguments say George Soros' Open Society/MoveOn meddlers did this (Alex Soros, son of Georgie, is a PhD candidate in that university, and George has been funding BLM and anti-Trump protests lately). What has more base than Milo having a plant. The craziness of the rioters might be deep-rooted too and not be see-able at first, most universities carry a left wing bias on most things

And lastly, I've seen Milo respectfully debate with people. But I frankly don't know if the media wants you to see that. Here are some clips (Might have overzealous titles, but it's about the content of the videos) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQbGiLiT19o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ij1-VB9YA
Well ok, thats a better theory.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA on teenhelp View Post
I like milo we need more people like that on this world
I agree!

   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
I agree!

How can you agree with that? Isnt he a self proclaimed racist?


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,301
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
How can you agree with that? Isnt he a self proclaimed racist?
No, he isn't, he even has a black boyfriend.
I would advise watching some of his stuff rather than listening to the lies that everyone spreads, there is a reason that multiple media sources have had to retract statements about him being "white nationalist"
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
How can you agree with that? Isnt he a self proclaimed racist?
No. He is not.
And be careful about what you choose to believe about someone.
Especially when you're getting 'facts' from people who hate that 'someone'.
Craig
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 04:43 PM

I have a few reasons not to like him, but one of the biggest reasons I don't like him is because he's a gay guy trying to tell other gay guys to stay in the closet, all the while bragging about the number of black guys he's had sex with. He's good at arguing, I'll give him that, but he uses identity shields in order to make his arguments (despite the fact that he rails against stuff like that). He uses the fact that he's part Jewish if he needs to criticize Jews, the fact that he likes black men to criticize black culture, and the fact that he's gay to criticize the gay community. Right-wing Breitbart hired him and it fits with the Fox News formula of bringing on black guys whenever they want to directly criticize black culture, but would be called racist if they did. The idea of having a gay guy criticize gay culture is supposed to nullify that. The way he brags about the number of guys he's slept with reinforces the gay stereotype that gay guys sleep around and that gay people shouldnt be trusted with marriage.
Another thing (and this is probably more important) is that he went on Joe Rogan's show and covered up for a priest that supposedly molested him when he was a young teen. According to him, the priest wasn't a predator because he was actually preying on the priest. So, Milo seduced the priest. No, thats still breaking the law on the priests part, the priest has to say no (assuming Milo seduced him) and Milo should have been in counseling for trying to seduce adults.
Is he a white supremacist though? Id say probably not. White supremacists hate him BECAUSE he's Jewish, gay, and sleeps with black guys. He could use his identity as a cover, though: "See? They hate me, Im not one of them." I wouldn't know about that though.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Svetlanavolkova's Avatar
 
Name: Svetlana Volkova
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: Vermont

Posts: 203
Join Date: May 16th 2016

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 05:38 PM

He's a hypocrite. Black boyfriend, I just don't get any of this. Milo is.....unusual. I just don't understand how he can speak of things that are controversial and seen as hateful when he himself is GAY. What right does he have to judge others? I have absolutely nothing against gay people, and he has every right to say what he wants as long as he's not hurting others- BUT, when he himself is a person who has a different sexual orientation to most and lives very differently than the common person, what right does he have to say anything? I do realize he can say what he wants, I do agree with the fact that the violent protests are wrong. But Milo is an idiot and I don't understand how anyone on this site (a site that's supposed to promote respect) can like this man.



Last edited by Svetlanavolkova; February 4th 2017 at 05:54 PM.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,301
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
I have a few reasons not to like him, but one of the biggest reasons I don't like him is because he's a gay guy trying to tell other gay guys to stay in the closet, all the while bragging about the number of black guys he's had sex with. He's good at arguing, I'll give him that, but he uses identity shields in order to make his arguments (despite the fact that he rails against stuff like that). He uses the fact that he's part Jewish if he needs to criticize Jews, the fact that he likes black men to criticize black culture, and the fact that he's gay to criticize the gay community. Right-wing Breitbart hired him and it fits with the Fox News formula of bringing on black guys whenever they want to directly criticize black culture, but would be called racist if they did. The idea of having a gay guy criticize gay culture is supposed to nullify that. The way he brags about the number of guys he's slept with reinforces the gay stereotype that gay guys sleep around and that gay people shouldnt be trusted with marriage.
Another thing (and this is probably more important) is that he went on Joe Rogan's show and covered up for a priest that supposedly molested him when he was a young teen. According to him, the priest wasn't a predator because he was actually preying on the priest. So, Milo seduced the priest. No, thats still breaking the law on the priests part, the priest has to say no (assuming Milo seduced him) and Milo should have been in counseling for trying to seduce adults.
Is he a white supremacist though? Id say probably not. White supremacists hate him BECAUSE he's Jewish, gay, and sleeps with black guys. He could use his identity as a cover, though: "See? They hate me, Im not one of them." I wouldn't know about that though.
You dislike him because he has had sex with a lot of men? That's a bit rude to be honest. Could you also provide some proof that he honestly thinks gay people should stay in the closet that isn't taken out of context?

Is it any surprise he brings up all of that though? There is a problem with the left in that they seem to think that if you don't experience a certain thing your opinion on it is invalid, for example "No uterus no opinion", or people saying that white people obviously can't have an opinion on racism because they're never experiences being "systematically oppressed" the important thing is that he doesn't really base any of his arguments on that. He also could use his identity as a cover, but he hasn't, so I don't understand how that is a relevant point?
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Svetlanavolkova's Avatar
 
Name: Svetlana Volkova
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: Vermont

Posts: 203
Join Date: May 16th 2016

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ. View Post


You dislike him because he has had sex with a lot of men? That's a bit rude to be honest. Could you also provide some proof that he honestly thinks gay people should stay in the closet that isn't taken out of context?

Is it any surprise he brings up all of that though? There is a problem with the left in that they seem to think that if you don't experience a certain thing your opinion on it is invalid, for example "No uterus no opinion", or people saying that white people obviously can't have an opinion on racism because they're never experiences being "systematically oppressed" the important thing is that he doesn't really base any of his arguments on that. He also could use his identity as a cover, but he hasn't, so I don't understand how that is a relevant point?


I think what he meant is that it's okay for Milo to have sex with guys, but it's hypocritical when he does what he speaks against.


   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,301
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merideth7 View Post
I think what he meant is that it's okay for Milo to have sex with guys, but it's hypocritical when he does what he speaks against.
Why is it hypocritical? When has he said that gay people shouldn't sleep with lots of people?
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 4th 2017, 08:17 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...in-the-closet/
"Gay rights have made us dumber, its time to get back in the closet." I think the title speaks for itself, but if you think Im taking this out of context, he writes in the article that gay men should keep marrying women in order to breed intelligent kids. I give him credit because he can usually make a solid argument that will make you think, but not here. He basically tries to make the argument that gay men are smarter, but if you take a look around, there are so many utter simpletons who attack gay rights until they themselves are caught snorting meth off a gay hooker's ass (this is a real reference to Ted Haggard, an anti-gay televangelist). What I mean is, its a stupid argument because a study like that would include stupid people who answered the other way.
He also tries to spread the idea that being gay is a choice. Now I'm somebody who thinks its probably about 90% being born that way and maybe 10% choice, because there are a lot of gay guys (maybe just guys who are mostly gay) who do marry women and have sex with them per society norms. I don't think its ever happened to straight men going the opposite way, however. But if its a choice, and he wishes he was straight (and he said that, he said he would "love himself even more" if he was straight), then why doesn't he choose to marry a woman and just sleep around as a bad husband, as he claims gay people used to in his piece?
And yeah, I was absolutely referring to him being a hypocrite. Its 100,000,000% hypocrisy to be public about yourself sleeping around with other men while telling other guys to "go back in the closet." If I was attacking him for sleeping around, THAT would be hypocrisy because you could look in my thread history and find a thread titled something along the lines of "I slept with a dude". And yeah, it was a one night stand.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited by MWF; February 4th 2017 at 09:28 PM.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 5th 2017, 04:34 AM

Hello,

The FACT that Milo Yiannopoulos is upsetting some people - and FORCING THEM to THINK - is proof that what Milo is trying to do is working. He wants people to THINK. And one way to make that happen is to say outlandish things. Things that make you go, "Did he really just say that?" Most people don't have it in them to go beyond the 'offensive' comment because the comment alone satisfies their need to dismiss the person who said it. But others will tune in to see what else this 'offensive person' might say. And when they do - they often discover that Milo's message is very appealing. Do YOU believe that everyone has the right to be heard? [Even people you disagree with - or assume that you'll probably disagree with] Do you believe in personal responsibility? [That we are each responsible for what WE say and do] Do you believe in freedom of thought and expression? Are you tired of people trying to control what can and [more importantly] what can NOT be said? [And then shaming someone - and often punishing them - for daring to 'break the rules'] Then Milo is your guy.

Many people on the 'left' have gone so far 'left' that they can no longer see 'center'. And as a consequence - are no longer 'liberals'. JFK - for example - would not recognize them. And the only way to wake some of them up to is say things that will force them to respond in some way. Those who aren't completely lost will be curious enough to wonder what someone like Milo's message really is. While others will protest against his right to say anything at all.

Craig
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 5th 2017, 05:11 AM

The provocative statements serve another purpose as well, I think. What he says makes people angry and reactionary, and when people get that way they don't think straight (psych 101 FTW). Something I noticed with one of Jordi's videos is how unprepared the kid was who tried to debate him. He made a blanket statement and called Milo a white supremacist, and then Milo shut him down easily. You could also see the kid get flustered, and he couldnt do anything but repeat a weak talking point. I think Milo knows that and does it on purpose, because he has a much harder time when he debates people who aren't so easily offended like Joe Rogen. Joe Rogen had a couple points that just made Milo look silly. Its a lot easier to debate someone who is in angry lizard mode and make them look like a fool.
I would absolutely love to see a debate between Milo and Kyle Kalinski from Secular Talk. BDF mentioned it earlier and I think Cenk from The Young Turks COULD win a debate against Milo on most topics, but I think Kyle Kalinski would absolutely crush Milo on almost every topic. He nullifies Milo's strongest points because he's a free speech absolutist. He's under the TYT umbrella of Youtube channels and I wish TYT would schedule a debate for them.
Also, legitimate question, was this thread labeled triggering to be ironic?


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
No. He is not.
And be careful about what you choose to believe about someone.
Especially when you're getting 'facts' from people who hate that 'someone'.
Craig
I don't really get how you can say he is not a racist but that's fine.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I don't really get how you can say he is not a racist but that's fine.
Racist against WHO? He has a black boyfriend. Did you know that? And if you're thinking Muslims - well - Muslim is not a race. Besides - it's not anti-Muslim [the PEOPLE] to be anti-ISLAM. [the RELIGION]

   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
Racist against WHO? He has a black boyfriend. Did you know that? And if you're thinking Muslims - well - Muslim is not a race. Besides - it's not anti-Muslim [the PEOPLE] to be anti-ISLAM. [the RELIGION]

Having a partner who is a person of color doesn't automatically mean the person isn't racist. I grew up with relatively racist people who did not have qualms about dating people of color. I have no idea why. It's one of the many things that baffled me about these people. You'd think they'd feel the opposite.

Also, being racist doesn't automatically mean you won't be friends with people of color either. I know of a few people who are racist and still hang out with people of color.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Jordioa18's Avatar
 
Name: Jordi
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Bumblefuck, The Netherlands

Posts: 725
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: February 12th 2012

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Also, legitimate question, was this thread labeled triggering to be ironic?
Partly, but the moral of me posting this story is because it suppresses freedom of speech and political opinion rather than Milo. The triggering part is more for left-centrists who get (justifiably) angry at this type of happenings


Skype: jordiadutchbroski
PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 07:21 AM

^Lol, I really wish we had thicker skin then.
Yeah, I know a guy who is definitely racist and his girlfriend is Asian. I'm pretty sure he chose her based on a fetish, which actually seems similar to what Milo does. I would say that Milo's probably at least a little racist, but not a white supremacist. He does work for Breitbart, and Steve Bannon (owner of Breitbart) is definitely racist, possibly a white supremacist. You could make a loose case that they're propping up white supremacy by supporting completely failed policies that decimated the black community, but you can't be sure that's their intent.
Hell, Breitbart has (or had, wouldn't know if its still up) a tag on the website that's called 'black crime'. Looking through the comment sections of that site will usually make you lose faith in humanity.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
^Lol, I really wish we had thicker skin then.
Yeah, I know a guy who is definitely racist and his girlfriend is Asian. I'm pretty sure he chose her based on a fetish, which actually seems similar to what Milo does. I would say that Milo's probably at least a little racist, but not a white supremacist. He does work for Breitbart, and Steve Bannon (owner of Breitbart) is definitely racist, possibly a white supremacist. You could make a loose case that they're propping up white supremacy by supporting completely failed policies that decimated the black community, but you can't be sure that's their intent.
Hell, Breitbart has (or had, wouldn't know if its still up) a tag on the website that's called 'black crime'. Looking through the comment sections of that site will usually make you lose faith in humanity.

TBH I don't know a lot about Milo, I know what I have read and there have been some concerning things. However, it's been frustrating to me that people are trying to say he's not racist solely on the fact that he has a black boyfriend.

My uncle is racist and has dated women of color at least once if not more times than that. My family was shocked by that. My brother has a friend that is racist and he's dated some women of color. My oldest brother is racist and he has had friend's who were Asian, Black, and Latino.

Personally, in regards to this topic, I think the protests were fine but I don't agree with the riots that have taken place. Without protest people wouldn't have a number of the rights they do today but the rioting needs to stop. I think the rioting takes away from the main point of any protest anyway.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Jordioa18's Avatar
 
Name: Jordi
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Bumblefuck, The Netherlands

Posts: 725
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: February 12th 2012

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post

Personally, in regards to this topic, I think the protests were fine but I don't agree with the riots that have taken place. Without protest people wouldn't have a number of the rights they do today but the rioting needs to stop. I think the rioting takes away from the main point of any protest anyway.
That's a bigger message I want to convey with this article too. Peaceful protests are a form of free speech and should be protected, keyword is peaceful. It's hard calling it peaceful if you're breaking stuff and punching people that don't agree with your viewpoint/on the opposite political spectrum just to make your point


Skype: jordiadutchbroski
PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,320
Blog Entries: 1722
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 6th 2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post
That's a bigger message I want to convey with this article too. Peaceful protests are a form of free speech and should be protected, keyword is peaceful. It's hard calling it peaceful if you're breaking stuff and punching people that don't agree with your viewpoint/on the opposite political spectrum just to make your point
I agree. I don't condone some of the stuff that's gone on. I think the protests are important but I don't think getting violent and destroying property does any good. I think back to all the things Martin Luther King Jr accomplished with peaceful protest and that's what people should be doing.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 7th 2017, 05:02 PM

A lot of the talk about racist with a partner being a different race would be interesting for our racism discussion.

I'm definitely not a fan of Milo and I think the Berkley students had the right to protest peacefully. I don't condone violence, and violence includes putting students in danger by reading the names of undocumented students over a microphone. I don't approve the Berkley students doing what they did (property damage will only mean that underpaid workers will have to rebuild these rich students' property, which sucks for them), but it's a fairly understandable response to his threats against their undocumented students...and it obviously worked.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 12th 2017, 03:10 AM

Wait a second, THATS what he was doing? Are you fucking kidding me? He was gonna read off the names of undocumented students over a microphone? Yeah, I can barely blame them for protesting then. Breaking shit, yeah, they shouldnt be doing that, but I would ABSOLUTELY protest some asshole who is shaming students and putting them in potential danger.
I thought they were just protesting because they didn't like Milo. I thought that was whiny/authoritarian, not letting someone speak. But if thats what Milo was doing, then thats definitely worth protesting.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 55
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 12th 2017, 05:18 AM

Hello Robert,

From 'The Independent'. [A respected U.K. newspaper]

Mr Yiannopoulos told The Independent that suggestions he would use the event to name undocumented migrants were "a total fabrication" and categorically denied the reports.

George Ciccariello-Maher, a professor at Drexel University, claimed reliable sources believed Mr Yiannopoulos was planning on outing undocumented students.


A little something about George Ciccariello-Maher.

George Ciccariello-Maher tweeted about white supremacy which sparked an uproar on social media. He said his words were misinterpreted satire.

"All I Want for Christmas is White Genocide," was what he wrote on Christmas Eve.

Craig!
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 12th 2017, 05:28 AM

^Back to my previous position then.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
PlasmaHam Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
PlasmaHam's Avatar
 

Posts: 66
Join Date: January 6th 2017

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 12th 2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
Having a partner who is a person of color doesn't automatically mean the person isn't racist. I grew up with relatively racist people who did not have qualms about dating people of color. I have no idea why. It's one of the many things that baffled me about these people. You'd think they'd feel the opposite.
The Left throws around the term "racism" so much that they lost the meaning to it. Racism is a hatred or sense of inferiority towards people of other races. If you are romantically involved with someone of another race, then you almost certainly see them as equal to yourself.


"Donald J. Trump, Eternal President of the United States, God-Emperor of Mankind, Defender of the Faith, Führer of the free world, Kaiser und Reichskanzler of the Tausendjähriges Trumpenreich, and literally the only reason you should have a Twitter account." -Random neo-nazi friend of mine


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it"-Abraham Lincoln
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Noire's Avatar
 
Name: Jordan
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Posts: 5,217
Blog Entries: 444
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 12th 2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
The Left throws around the term "racism" so much that they lost the meaning to it. Racism is a hatred or sense of inferiority towards people of other races. If you are romantically involved with someone of another race, then you almost certainly see them as equal to yourself.
That's not necessarily true. You can feel affection for a particular person and still feel a sense of hatred and dislike towards others of the race or culture that person originates from. You might see yourself as an equal to your partner, but not towards others of that race. People don't always paint an entire race with the same brush. You'd think caring for a member of the race they have problems with might change their opinions but people can be surprisingly stubborn in their beliefs.

I also disagree with your definition of racism. In my experience people who are racist feel a sense of superiority to people of another race, not a sense of inferiority. Hence the term "white supremacist." Often those feelings of superiority do, however, mask fear. Many people fear those different from themselves and so change their thinking in order to make themselves feel superior to the people they fear. If you feel superior, you don't have to experience your fear, and since fear is an emotion many people don't like it would make sense that they would take that approach.


Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all


"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
MWF's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: The Best City On Earth

Posts: 1,708
Join Date: May 22nd 2010

Re: Milo Yannopoulos speech at Berkeley cancelled after protests/riots - February 21st 2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Another thing (and this is probably more important) is that he went on Joe Rogan's show and covered up for a priest that supposedly molested him when he was a young teen. According to him, the priest wasn't a predator because he was actually preying on the priest. So, Milo seduced the priest. No, thats still breaking the law on the priests part, the priest has to say no (assuming Milo seduced him) and Milo should have been in counseling for trying to seduce adults.
Ugh this is gonna be long, but I really fucking dislike this guy.
Milo's under fire because he was going to be a keynote speaker at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference. However, two videos "resurfaced" (they were already there, people should've known) where he not only shifts the burden of guilt from the adult to the child when it comes to molestation, but he also totally lets the pedophile priest that Milo "preyed on" off the hook. He tried to dance around his age, but Joe Rogan repeatedly asked if he was 14, and later Milo said he "was a very mature 14 year old". Britain's age of consent is apparently 16, which I personally disagree with (18 is better in my opinion), but he said 14 in the video, and then after people criticized him, he said he was 17. He was flat-out lying at some point.
I know what a joke is, but the Father Michael thing isn't a joke that he made, it was a story. He tried to make it funny anyways, but to me at least he completely failed (and this is coming from a guy who cringed but laughed through Dave Chapelle's "How old is 15 really?" piece, but thats not the same type of joke or context). But you wonder why I don't like Milo, just look at the balls on this fuckin guy. People corner him and rightly criticize him for this, and he lies about his age and says there was "selective editing" on the videos. Only on one. There was a shortened video, but there was also an unedited version of that video that was even worse. Even Donald Trump had the common sense to apologize and say he was wrong about "grab'em by the pussy, I don't even wait". Milo's response to all this was to basically fudge the facts and deflect. He said he outed 3 pedophiles in his career, but apparently those people are at a totally different standard than "Father Michael", who he found too enjoyable to out. Not to mention, he could out a whole lot more including that priest and some Hollywood people who were apparently having sex with "very young" boys. He also says that his humor is "no different than gallows humor for AIDS sufferers." Are you serious? All you have to do is say ONCE that it wasn't ok. He never did, at least not publicly; he did the complete opposite. He shouldn't reaffirm that it was great over and over, and that he was "grateful to Father Michael, and that I (he) wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him." He also talks about "life-shaping relationships between YOUNGER boys and OLDER men". That's basically straight out of the NAMBLA handbook. If you're on the same page as them, something's wrong.
He also doesnt agree with the 'oppressive liberal idea' of consent, although Im not entirely sure what he means.
At the very least, Milo needs to act like an adult. If this WAS a joke, he has to understand when a joke goes too far. You shouldnt ever even be in a position where people are wondering if you're advocating for pedophilia because thats such a 'duh' position. But he thinks that because he's a professional troll, he has plausible deniability somehow. No, he had plenty of chances. I honestly think Breitbart, even in all its shittiness, might actually fire him for this. Good.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...edophilia.html All the videos and his response.
I understand that if you already like Milo this might not change a whole lot, but the rest of the world, liberal, conservative and independent, will put their collective foot down.


Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
berkeley, cancelled, milo, protests or riots, speech, yannopoulos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.