TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Addict

Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 12:52 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/12/news/economy/republican-health-care-bill/

What are your thoughts? I am surprised that no one else started a thread about this. Personally, as someone who has a condition that needs treatment I am worried that I am going to end up without healthcare due to this bill.

I know the Congressional Budget Office came out and said that 24 million people would lose coverage.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1277199 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills...

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 01:04 AM

This messes so many people up. So many people will lose their coverage and use access to their health coverage that they need so badly. This will lead to deaths and more people becoming ill and not being able to go to the doctor.

Plus from a career standpoint, the CDC and Public Health fund is kinda important to me.. Plus the CDC does research for SO many important things.

Blah. Guess we'll have to see where this goes and become advocates for change if necessary.

Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Just Keep Swimming*~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~*Just Keep Swimming*~ 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 01:18 AM

It's a mess and they have no idea what they're doing.

I refuse to make wishes on the star on the sheriff’s chest, I started making wishes on the stars in the sky instead.
I said to the sun
"Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said
“It hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 01:33 AM

As a Medicaid recipient through the expansion with a chronic condition who is considering applying for SSI, I'm terrified I'm going to lose my coverage. I know they're saying that everyone who's already on it will stay on it until 2020, but if they change the eligibility and get rid of the expansions, I may not qualify anymore. How I pay for the daily medications that keep me out of pain and from going blind, who knows? Apparently, it's not their problem. I really hope this doesn't pass or I'll be screwed.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 03:56 AM

The Republican Party is an evil corporatist party that doesn't care about anybody who's not extremely rich. Said it a billion times.
I'd write more, but I have exams.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Not a n00b

Name: Fallon

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 08:28 AM

As a Medicaid recipient, I too am afraid of losing my insurance. I take medication for my thyroid that I'm sure I will never be able to afford on monthly basis. It's just plain and simple evil. I could go on and on about Trump and their healthcare plan but I'd rather not.

never be sorry for who you are.
even if we have never talked before, don't be afraid to message me if you need anything.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 09:58 PM

The Affordable Healthcare had issues, especially with people not being able to locate doctors that were accepting their plans. Many people continue to misuse the ER and expect the ER to act as a primary care. However, it is scary to think that people will lose that insurance that they had managed to get.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Republican health care plan - March 20th 2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelola View Post
The Affordable Healthcare had issues, especially with people not being able to locate doctors that were accepting their plans. Many people continue to misuse the ER and expect the ER to act as a primary care. However, it is scary to think that people will lose that insurance that they had managed to get.

The ACA was by no means perfect but the republicans should be trying to fix the things that are wrong with it and make it better instead of trying to repeal it.

I know a lot of people who have benefited from the ACA and if it is repealed they will lose their health insurance.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Republican health care plan - March 21st 2017, 04:11 AM

Here's an update: http://www.wkyc.com/news/politics/na...ives/424121647

Basically, they're trying to put in a measure that would allow the states to require able-bodied/non-disabled Medicaid recipients without dependents to work beginning as early as October

I'm on the verge of having to apply for benefits on the basis of my disability. I guess I better get on it!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Republican health care plan - March 21st 2017, 05:39 AM

I just listened to Trump and Tom Price (the HHS secretary) talk on CNN (and no, I don't like CNN) about the new healthcare plan and Obamacare and they BS'd the whole thing. The closest they got to being factually correct about anything was by saying true statements without context, like saying premiums went up under Obamacare- premiums actually went up at a slower rate than they would have without Obamacare, so they're not being honest. And under the new plan, people who haven't been insured for two months get a rise on their premiums and there's nothing holding the insurers back on that. That's completely ridiculous. The rest of the interviews were horseshit too, Tom Price keeps saying everyone will have *access* to healthcare. That doesn't mean dick, I could have access to the White House by taking a tour of it, but that doesn't mean I can buy the damn thing.
Even for purely selfish reasons, Trump should try for single-payer. He's tired of low approval ratings? Fine, give the people what they want, Medicare for All. Don't kick people off their fucking insurance. Even Trump supporters like the idea of Medicare for All, Bernie went into West Virginia and got a roomful of Trump supporters to cheer for universal healthcare. You think people disapprove of Trump now... Just wait. His approval will top out at mid-20s by the end of this nonsense.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Republican health care plan - March 24th 2017, 04:00 AM

They've delayed the vote to tomorrow (Friday) instead of voting today and having it fail. Trump is now saying that either this bill passes tomorrow, or they're keeping Obamacare and he's moving on to other issues. I've never been more comforted by what I suspect is his temper tantrum in my life.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tays/22009591/

EDIT: The bill has been pulled. No word on what happens now. Either they'll move on like Trump claimed this morning, or they'll come up with something else.

Last edited by Kate*; March 24th 2017 at 08:29 PM.