TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 12:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello

Explosion[s] went off at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, English.

At least 19 people died and at least 50 people injured.

Click on THIS to read more. [Stories about what happened are all over the Internet]

Very sad indeed.

What are YOUR thoughts?

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 12:46 AM

I was just about to post a thread. How awful! What a truly awful time we're living in right now. Many young children and teens were likely attending, what were they thinking?! I can only hope the death toll doesn't climb. Keep everyone attending and affected in your thoughts and prayers right now!

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 01:02 AM

Hoping for the wellbeing and safety of everyone in and near the area. <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 04:50 AM

Its horrible. I hope the people behind this are caught. Beyond that I dont think there is much to say given that we have no more info. Hopefully, if it is terror, we are able to get information that can prevent further terror.

EDIT: I am disgusted with the sheer number of people posting jokes about the concert being "a blast". It is insensitive, disrespectful to the dead and really horrible. But at the same time, I'm impressed at the people of Manchester who worked crazily to help responders.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

Last edited by TheAtomicBlade; May 23rd 2017 at 02:30 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 07:08 AM

This is an awful scary event and I'm hoping and praying people are safe. It's horrible that young people just went to have a good time and this happens. The world is awful.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 07:58 AM

This is so scary. The London attack recently was ridiculously close to home as I'm only a bus/train from London and now to hear we have had another attack in England is terrifying. I can't imagine what it must be like for those who were there and the families of the people injured. It's so upsetting. BBC are reporting that around 22 people have died now and that number will rise. There are some really horrible people in this world.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 06:27 PM

It was a disgusting, senseless act of evil. I'm not naive about the world that we live in, but my heart breaks all over again every time something like this happens. My heart goes out to the families of the victims and I'm keeping those who are still in the hospital, as well as those who were simply there or affected by the event in any way, in my thoughts.

The one positive (I'm not even sure if that's the right word to use) is seeing the way people band together in the wake of a tragedy. I saw people on Facebook asking willing to travel an hour or so away in order to give blood to those who needed it. Citizens rushed to help the first responders in any way that they could. That bravery and compassion really is a beautiful thing to think about in light of such tragedy.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 06:39 PM

I love Great Britain and it breaks my heart to hear of another attack carried out in this country. Of course I am not trying to underestimate any of the attacks in other countries, but it's even harder for me now. I could go on and on about the topic of terrorism, but it's neither appropriate place nor time for this. It was such an atrocious act. I believe we all must stay strong and not give up.

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

(#9 (permalink)) Old
City17 Offline
Crazy Bastard
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 07:25 PM

This is obviously a terrorist attack, but I think people were way too quick to assume that. It is an explosion in a building. That could seriously come from anything, and the police were probably negligent in telling reporters that they were treating this as a possible terror attack, because of course they would be, but it had not been confirmed. However, I still think that the active fear of terrorism is just so monumentally stupid. Live your life. It is a fringe threat.

I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks, hearing the normal discussions and coverage after a terror attack, not just about Immigration but of ethical consequences and solidarity et cetera. And having to watch networks drag the coverage out as far as humanely possible, interviewing random members of the public, looping some shaky smartphone footage a million times, I just want to get on with business as usual.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 09:15 PM

It was a suicide bomber. The UK is now on a 'critical level of terror' - I just dont understand it at all. No relgion teaches/preaches to kill. We are only just getting back to normal after the london terror attack...... Music and concerts bring people together its a place of joy not terror.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
let'sjusttalk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 09:45 PM

It is a terrible situation. I don't understand why people could be so cruel. To kill innocent children is ruthless and disgusting! I hope all the families of the victims are okay and all the injured get well soon. I am glad that society is working together to help each other, at least there is some goodness in humanity.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 23rd 2017, 11:10 PM

I am so sick to think that this happened and to make it worse, at a concert that was full of young children, teens and young adults. These people were having a great time at the concert and then in an instant, this happens. It is scary because that could have happened anywhere, at any concert and ugh. What has this world come to.

It's sickening, disgusting and just downright horrific and I am keeping all those who were and are affected in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City17 View Post
This is obviously a terrorist attack, but I think people were way too quick to assume that. It is an explosion in a building. That could seriously come from anything, and the police were probably negligent in telling reporters that they were treating this as a possible terror attack, because of course they would be, but it had not been confirmed.
I have to disagree with this. It was not just an explosion but a bomb. Yes, it might have been speculation but due to the current events that are occurring, I for one, would much rather the police treat an explosion in a public place with loads of innocent people as a possible terrorist attack until it has been determined if it was or was not an attack.
That way, the police are prepared and gosh forbid, should there be another attack (ie, another bomb, guns, or any sort of attack) there is already barricades (such as closing down the railway by the venue) and as little people around as possible, police officers there to assist as well as having ambulances and medical assistance ready.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: Ariana Grande UK Concert TERRORIST ATTACK - May 24th 2017, 08:06 AM

I hope the UK will use more extreme measures to prevent terrorist attacks in the future, even if it means closing the borders temporarily. This shit shouldn't be normal under any circumstance whatsoever and my conlances to friends and family of the victims.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
Closed Thread