TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

London attacks - June 4th 2017, 12:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

There's been three separate attacks in London tonight one on London Bridge which is very similar to the last attack on Westminster a van drove into pedestrians tonight on London Bridge while in borough market people have been reported to be shot and stabbed and there's been another incident at Vauxhall tube station.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Last edited by MsNobleEleanor; June 7th 2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Adding a triggering prefix. Grieving and violence mentioned

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 03:15 AM

Makes me so sad...what is actually happening in the world now..

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 08:23 AM

I believe the Vauxhall incident has been declared unrelated. I think there was a stabbing but it's separate to the other two. This morning the news has reported 6 dead. It's so sad and unnecessary. Those poor families.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 09:16 AM

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. It wasn't that long ago that there was the attack at Westminster.

I just can't comprehend the attacks. Like, why? Killing people is never the answer, but random, innocent people going about their lives? So sad.

Thoughts are with those affected and their families.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 02:23 PM

What's going on in England? All this is horrible and a scary reminder of what is wrong with the world today.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 02:27 PM

The vauxhall incident wasnt connected but the borough market attack was connected to the westminster bridge one.

It does scare me.... I'm an hour from London by train. Its like its just one attack after the other.... First westminster. Then Manchester. Now London again..

I just wish we could close the borders and stop the extremists and police could monitor those known to them as at risk and internet companies be on alert for people shopping for things in bulk like chemicals, knives and guns etc... and if anything like that flags up the internet companies alert the police with the persons ISP address and get them arrested. Also stop and search any suspicious person in and around prime target areas.

It's got to stop. We just cant get back to normal at all.

I'm glad the terrorists were shot. personally I think they should be hung drawn and qaurted and their heads or photos of the terroists bodies should be at every tube station with the saying 'you terrorise us we kill you' as a warning to the terrorists that we will not stand for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014
enough is enough.

Videos team

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperingSilence View Post
I just wish we could close the borders and stop the extremists and police could monitor those known to them as at risk and internet companies be on alert for people shopping for things in bulk like chemicals, knives and guns etc... and if anything like that flags up the internet companies alert the police with the persons ISP address and get them arrested. Also stop and search any suspicious person in and around prime target areas.
Closing the borders would work assuming that those committing these acts of terror came into our country and weren't born here. The Manchester attack found that the person who carried out the bombing had lived in in the UK their whole life and even studied at university here. We could have shut the borders off to his parents but they came here as refugees and didn't carry anything out. We don't know yet if the people who committed these crimes last night were British or if they came here.

Nonetheless, I'm a short train or bus from where this took place too, so I agree something needs to be done but I don't have the answer as to what. It's really scary and I'm so sad for the lives lost.

That being said, the emergency services last night and today have been so absolutely incredible that it makes me proud to be a Londoner/British. I've heard people on the news talking about how, while they might be scared, all they really want to do is carry on and commend those who have offered to help despite the danger they might be in themselves. One guy spoke so passionately about England and that alone made me smile. There's nothing to do but try and carry on right now.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 05:19 PM

Yeah true and i guess if they are already here closing the boarders wont like do much.....

Yeah the pplice and emergency services did respond well.

Its just like really scary walking through my town seeing armed police in the town center.
I went to the duck pond the other day (in my village just outside of southend) and thats like usully my quiet place.... yet the other day i was there and there were like armed police at the duck pond which is what made it like even more scary.....

Videos team

(#9 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 10:02 PM

My heart goes out to all those affected. I was in Central London last night whilst the attack happened, I was lucky enough to have not been near the attack, but I wasn't far. It's really made me think about going out in Central London for the time being. Honestly petrifies me that at the moment this is the way things are and I seriously doubt it is going to stop here. Trying to get out of London was a nightmare everyone was trying to get out of the city, me and my friends were lucky to manage to get in a cab. It took me nearly 2 hours to get home.

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: London attacks - June 4th 2017, 11:16 PM

My friend was in london and was evacuated at liverpool street due to a suspicious bag on the train/platform she said that was scary enough but then when she checked the news etc she saw what had happened - i had messaged her to stay safe which did confuse her as it was at the same time she being evacuated from the station... she was in a panic to say the least.... i just hope it all stops soon and we can go back to normal. im scared to go to concerts and london... i even have refused to go on holiday this year because i am scared of going to an airport in case they bomb an airport or something yet at the same time i am going about my daily life. the thing that really got to me was saturday at around 5pm i was at the duck park and there was/is an moped/motorbike abandoned so i rang 101 to report it and said i didnt think it was there with an owner and they simply said 'ring the council' i know its just a moped/motorbike. but i might have thought the police might have investigated given the servere level of terror this country is under... thankfully its just a moped but knowing it was abandoned was enough to make think 'what if theres a bomb on this and the bombers near by and their just waiting to detonate it' but the police control room were just like report to the council... so its not surprising - if people are reporting things ie abandoned viechles etc and the control room are not doing anything about it - how many more possible threats /incidents are out there being reported and not being dealt with? it worries me alot. it scares me wlaking through town seeing armed police and the army along the seafront.

Videos team

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: London attacks - June 6th 2017, 06:32 AM

I am so sick of hearing about these attacks and just can't understand why these innocent people are dying. This needs to stop. My heart breaks for all of the victims of this attack and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Now on a different note, one of the victims of this horrendous attack was Canadian and her family issued a statement and it is worth a read, you can click this link. We donated $100 for each member of my family to Alpha House in her memory as well as clothing and supplies to our local shelter.
In the darkest days of this family's life, they could chose to be hateful but they chose to honour her memory and try to make the world a better place.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: London attacks - June 18th 2017, 06:35 AM

I am so tired of hearing all these things happening around the world.

My thoughts go out with all those that have been affected.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: London attacks - June 18th 2017, 05:46 PM

Most terrorists are home-grown. Fact.

Most terrorists are also of foreign decent, usually Middle-Eastern or North African, even if they were actually born in the UK. Fact.

Terrorism is strongly, if only indirectly, correlated with migration from those parts of the world. Fact.

If migration numbers were better controlled 10-20 years ago, we likely wouldn't be facing the same extent of the problem today.

Closing the borders today, or at least implementing tighter controls, will reduce the probability of further terrorist attacks in another 10 years.

Of course there are more variables at play here, than migration numbers alone. But large migration numbers, and specifically migration numbers from North African and Middle Eastern regions, are causing problems.

Several million Polish people migrated to the UK. No terrorism there, not even the slightest hint of it. Several million also migrated to Germany, but there's no Polish terrorism in Germany either, even though Germany fucked Poland inside out 3 times in modern history. I say that, because so called "colonialism" is often used to justify Islamic backlash against the West, yet Germany appears to not be experiencing any from Poland. None of this "colonialism" stuff also explains why Sweden has been targeted by Islamic extremists. Sweden's foreign interventions are pretty much negligible (almost none).

There are "good migrants", and there are "bad migrants". No, not everyone is equal, and they do not deserve to be treated as if they are.

• Every country deserves to have a merit-based immigration policy, that effectively discriminates between "more" and "less" useful people.
  • Every country needs to differentiate between "migrants" and "refugees". Someone isn't a "refugee" by mere virtue of fleeing a poorer nation. No. A refugee is "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". I've heard reports that Canada is accepting refugees from America. That sort of stuff is bullshit.
  • Refugees need help. Not offering help to genuine refugees is demoralizing for everyone involved.
  • Once the country of origin is stable again, peoples' "refugee" status ought to be rescinded, and such people should be returned to their country of origin in order to repopulate the nation and help it grow. It's difficult for me to gauge how practical this is though (which is why I said "ideally"). Of course, such people would be entitled to take any wealth they have earned with them back to their home country, if they chose to. Such people should also be able to apply the same way as any economic migrant does, perhaps with certain concessions, considering that they would have lived in the UK for however many years already. Of course, any bad behavior should reduce a person's chance of successfully applying.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; June 18th 2017 at 08:13 PM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread