TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 01:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Apparently there is a rumor that he wants to ban all trans on the miltary for the U.S, and that he is a homophobe.

I do not want to continue having him a the president, if he is like that.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 01:54 AM

He tweeted that he wants to ban trans people from the military, but no official ban has happened yet. He appointed Mike Pence as VP and he's stated his homophobic stance on things, like he advocates for conversion therapy and is anti-marriage equality. Trump is a shitty president and these are just a few reasons why he's #notmypresident

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 02:27 AM

http://time.com/4916871/donald-trump...-military-ban/

It is not just a rumor. He did sign a directive. I don't think that many people within the military agree with the decision though. They have until sometime next year to figure out a way to come up with a policy to make it happen. At least, that is what that particular article has said and it is what I have last heard on the issue.

Unfortunately, there really isn't much that can be done about him being president. He could, potentially, be impeached but I don't feel that too many people are willing to do that quite yet.

It's quite a sad situation and all we can do is continue to speak out and hope that by speaking out change will, slowly, happen.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 04:30 AM

So yes he did say that and I am not sure what is happening with that. He most certanly is homophobic and is just an ass.

I know a lot of people do not want him to be president but then there is the same amount or a little less people that want him to be president. I don't think people will impeach him right now unless he does something very drastic. But my thought is that within 2 years of him being president he will probably be killed. I know that is really bad to say but that is what I think will happen.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 11:40 AM

All I can say is, Trump shouldn't have been made president in the first place.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 12:38 PM

I honestly am pisssed.

Mean these people in the army are risking their lives to fight for the U.S, who fucking cares if the are trans, lesbian, gay, extc (please take no offense, I seriously did not mean in an offensive way)

Mean as long as the country is safe, why should it matter on what they are?

By the time I finish high school, in 2021, Trump should be over correct? Cause I want to make a career in Psychology, and if Trump starts banning trans on the army, what more can he do?

My fear with him as president is that he is going to ban the LGBT for everything that is important......

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 01:37 PM

In theory, yes, he could be done serving as President by 2021. However, he could get re-elected and be able to serve until 2024.

That is why, it is important for people who can vote, to vote.

There is a lot that Trump wants to do and it is all going to affect a lot of people.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Bushido Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jeff

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 02:19 PM

In saying this no im not against trans people or the lgbtq community. But did he out right say hes fully against trans people?

Also being a part of the us military i think he did that not as hating on trans but to kinda spare them a lil bit.

Think of it like this. A mtf trans without the surgery goes and takes a shower with the other females. What do you think could happen?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 08:17 PM

I don't think he actually cares either way with regards to the LGBT. He's a clear narcissist and only cares about himself, and he's actually made positive remarks about gay marriage in the past. Mike Pence and Steve Bannon definitely hate the LGBT though, and they probably pushed the idea. If I recall correctly, Trump had just gone through a series of bad news coverage, so his reaction was to throw red meat to his evangelical base to make them happy and hold onto that support.
Just a second, though. THAT'S the biggest reason that you don't want him to be president? Don't get me wrong, discriminating against the LGBT is awful. I'm not disputing that at all. But Donald Trump has us on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea. He could nuke millions of people and destroy the Korean peninsula. He left Puerto Rico to fend for themselves after a hurricane, he tried to erase healthcare for millions of people, he's about to create a tax plan that will crash the economy, and he's done a hundred other things that will ruin the country. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but the big picture is SO much worse than just this issue.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 10:06 PM

Hmm, no ban has been put into effect yet. I am not against trans people, but the military is allowed to discriminate based on a lot of things (disability,etc..)--and there may well be logistical problems with trans members serving, since a lot of military roles are segregated by gender. A degree of separation of genders is a very universal thing in the military (as far as I know)--and this could present a problem for placing gender fluid people who do not identify as either man or woman (probably less so for transgender). That said, I am not a military personal, so I don't really know.
Of course, trans people are already serving successfully, so I guess that this is not actually a problem.

I'm not allowed to serve due to a diagnosed condition that does not even require medical treatment. I think I could serve, but I would not be given the opportunity to prove it. The military excludes a large number of people that may , in fact, be capable. Not saying that is wrong, but it is what it is.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 28th 2017, 10:47 PM

Best qualified person should get the job.

The are strong correlations between trans-anything and mental disorders, and that is on the assumption that being trans-sexual (or trans-anything else) isn't a mental disorder itself.

Not sure that depression and anxiety issues are a good fit for the military. If I recall correctly, Trump's directive was concerning some sort of research/study into the issues surrounding trans people in the army. I cannot remember accurately. Then he started shooting his mouth on twitter again.

This just reminds me of a company nearly 10 years ago where I lived and was looking for part-time jobs, boasting in the local news about some sort of "diversity scheme" for disabled people they were running. They were a call center priding themselves in hiring deaf people. Local council had something to do with it as well. They were bankrolling it I think. Few hundred thousand pounds for "reasonable adjustments".

Lets be realistic for fucks sake. I'm tired of this crap. It stopped being funny after the first time when I realized these imbeciles were being serious. There are hundreds of other jobs deaf people could do, that do not require hundreds of thousands of pounds spent to accommodate them first.

And none of this means that I "hate deaf people". It's just common damn sense. Just like you shouldn't dry your clothes in the oven, or try to eat soup with a fork. It's as if some people dropped out of fucking nursery because they never learned how to match shapes. Of course you can do those things. Doesn't make you smart though. And whose "dream job" is it to work at a call center anyway? Every person I've known whose worked in one didn't like it very much.

If it so happens that the research/study for example finds that being active in the military relieves trans people of anxiety issues, depression or other disorders... it just may be worth giving a serious thought. But this stuff needs to be backed up with data and reason. Not just "good intentions" or even worse, political capital (to whatever ends).

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; October 28th 2017 at 11:02 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Rumor about Trump? - October 29th 2017, 01:22 AM

It's true that trans people are at higher risk for a bunch of mental illnesses, but that might not just be a trans thing so much as a society thing. The reason they have those disorders could be because society has treated them like garbage for so long and their families are more likely to disown them. For example, the teen suicide rate for gay teens actually decreased after gay marriage was legalized. Maybe similar effects will show over time for trans people with more egalitarian policies in place.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Rumor about Trump? - November 4th 2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
It's true that trans people are at higher risk for a bunch of mental illnesses, but that might not just be a trans thing so much as a society thing. The reason they have those disorders could be because society has treated them like garbage for so long and their families are more likely to disown them. For example, the teen suicide rate for gay teens actually decreased after gay marriage was legalized. Maybe similar effects will show over time for trans people with more egalitarian policies in place.
I've done some lazy half-arsed research into these topics.

Men generally average higher rates of mental disorders. Any disorders in fact. Psychopathy. Narcissism. Down's syndrome. Aspergers. Men generally show a greater diversity in physical and psychological attributes. Intelligence as well. There are more stupid men than women, and more intelligent men than women. And probably most of these extreme cases are in some ways correlated with other disorders. High-functioning aspergers is correlated with high intelligence. Psychopathy is as well. I do not think narcissism is correlated with intelligence, but it is correlated with anxiety, paranoia, mood disorders, and some others.

Literally the only category of disorder (or otherwise) I've found that women outperform men in, is mood disorders:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4268901/

Still, despite women more often having mood disorders, men outperform them in narcissism.

It also appears that far more men are transgender than women. In fact, I don't recall a single case of a woman calling herself a man. Just doesn't happen almost ever.

If there's anything you can add to this (links or articles), pls do. I'd list more myself but I'm not organized enough to have these links saved. I guess my main point here is that if correlations are anything to go by... I've seen (vague) evidence to suggest that transgenderism and depression / anxiety disorders may be inseparable. But I'm still in the process of making my mind up about it.

In theory nothing is 'inseparable'. People even learned to split atoms, and eventually might learn how to split sub-atomic particles. It's just the effort that these sorts of pursuits take isn't always practical. In other words, addressing something that may only be a symptom of another disorder, isn't addressing the disorder itself, and is inefficient use of resources (that are often paid for with taxes these days).

Seeing the directions which some strains of "transgenderism" have taken off in, they can barely even be called transgenderism anymore. I wonder if some of these people are just trolls, saying that they feel like they're in the body of a dog, or an eagle, wolf, or a tree. Like... rly. Either films like Twilight need a higher age rating (and Harry Potter, and many others)... or someone is encouraging this dumbness. Kids always liked to role-play, but usually grew out of it. My own mother recalls that when I was 5 I sometimes pretended to a bird (lol). I wasn't coddled for it. I wasn't bought a bird costume either and told "if you believe you are a bird, then you are one", then taken to the roof a building told to believe in myself and take a "leap of faith".

People need to stop this stupidity of "you can do or be anything if you try hard enough". If you set the bar so high for people that most of them can never achieve it in practice, then you effectively condemn them to chronic failure. I wouldn't be surprised if in some instances this sort of parenting is correlated to depression issues in their kids. Be encouraging, yes. Also be practical and realistic, which isn't the same as teaching kids to doubt themselves. More like just teaching them common sense.

Chopping a person's penis off doesn't make them a woman just like surgically attaching a tail to someone's arse and buying them a wig for their birthday doesn't make them a lion. The genetic differences remain.

Again, there shouldn't even be need for me to say this, but none of what I said means that I "hate" these people. I do hate the politics surrounding it and all the fucking eggshells and minefields you need to step on just to raise the topic, so much so that I no longer care. If I'm to be called "transphobic" just for pointing someone to a biology textbook then I might as well go the full length and shit on the debate entirely.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; November 5th 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Closed Thread