TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Roy Moore - November 28th 2017, 07:16 AM

Roy Moore is accused of being a pedophile by nine women who claim he dated/harassed them when they were teens, and one of them says he sexually assaulted her in his car. Roy Moore's response was that he never dated these girls without "asking permission from their mother".
This guy has a very good chance of becoming the US senator from Alabama. He has a cult-like following that refuses to believe he did anything wrong because he's a hardcore fundamentalist Christian. His opponent prosecuted terrorists.
I don't have time to write a longer post... Go crazy.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
raynab Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rayna

Re: Roy Moore - December 1st 2017, 02:10 AM

Okay, I have a pretty strong opinion on this, I follow current events/politics religiously.
Fact 1) Roy Moore has not been proven guilty yet
Fact 2) Politics is about who you want representing you and your state /country not necessarily if the accusations are credible or not
Fact 3) The state Roy Moore is running in has a write in ballot

Opinion 1) The allegations seem credible and consistent
Opinion 2) Roy Moore is a scumbag
Opinion 3) The person running against Roy Moore is a scumbag

Conclusion: If you look through a moral standpoint, the options you have (that are morally viable) is to write in another candidate or just sit this election out.

Last edited by raynab; December 1st 2017 at 02:44 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Roy Moore - December 2nd 2017, 09:21 AM

I think that a lot of conservatives aren't going to ever admit that these people aren't great. They are, essentially, putting party over morals/the right thing.

I understand, completely, that these are just accusations but it's really weird that so many people have come forward. And, this is actually a really common thing to have happen. When someone has abused people for long periods of time; once one victim comes forward more feel safe enough to do so.

With all the claims about sexual assault and harassment, it makes sense that these woman feel like they can come out. They probably feel that they are safe and are more likely to be heard.

Honestly, I just wish that the conservatives would treat this the same way they are treating all the other accusations. Condemning the people and looking into their past behavior.

I don't agree with any of this stuff that is going on and I think that it should be looked into on all sides; republican and democrat.

One thing I can say though is that the process to get a politician in trouble for this kind of thing is really weird.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Roy Moore - December 2nd 2017, 11:42 PM

One thing that's killing me is that the same people who believed that Hillary Clinton was running a pedophilia ring out of a random pizza shop almost certainly believe this. Like if you go on Breitbart, they all believed that silly Pizzagate story despite there not being a shred of actual evidence or even a single witness. It was just some idiots on 4chan jumping to conclusions with regard to some leaked emails and supposed "code words". But almost everyone commenting on Breitbart think THIS is a conspiracy, despite there being 9 women who say he dated or assaulted them as teens. And a ton of people from the town of Gadsden, Alabama remember him as the creepy guy who'd hang around cheerleaders at high school football games and was banned from going to the mall. And there IS actual evidence for the girl that he assaulted in his car; he signed her high school yearbook. Think about the mental gymnastics these people have to do to believe Pizzagate at the drop of a hat, but go on to assume this story is fake. That is completely absurd.
To Raynabs points, I don't really know what to say. If somebody wants a pedophile to represent them in the government, or just an accused pedophile, than they're morally bankrupt. I would say its immoral to even write in somebody because it should be a moral obligation for any decent human being to stop pedophiles from entering the government. But I don't know why you think his opponent is a scumbag. Doug Jones prosecuted terrorists who killed young girls. That's almost the complete opposite of Roy Moore. I've never seen an accusation of Jones being a bad guy. Is it the abortion issue? A lot of people in Alabama are referencing that to justify a vote for Moore or a write-in. There was a time when I probably would've thought Jones might be a bad guy for that very reason, but I STILL would've voted for him over Moore if I could have.
And the other thing, they threw Jerry Sandusky in prison for raping a bunch of young boys at Penn State, but did they prove he did it? No, not really. He still maintains his innocence. There were no pictures, but there were witnesses and victims. The difference here is that the witnesses saw Moore in all the most suspicious places, but they didn't see the crime. Another difference is that the statute of limitations is up for these crimes, so they can't throw him in jail unless more recent allegations come forward.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Roy Moore - December 3rd 2017, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
One thing that's killing me is that the same people who believed that Hillary Clinton was running a pedophilia ring out of a random pizza shop almost certainly believe this. Like if you go on Breitbart, they all believed that silly Pizzagate story despite there not being a shred of actual evidence or even a single witness. It was just some idiots on 4chan jumping to conclusions with regard to some leaked emails and supposed "code words". But almost everyone commenting on Breitbart think THIS is a conspiracy, despite there being 9 women who say he dated or assaulted them as teens. And a ton of people from the town of Gadsden, Alabama remember him as the creepy guy who'd hang around cheerleaders at high school football games and was banned from going to the mall. And there IS actual evidence for the girl that he assaulted in his car; he signed her high school yearbook. Think about the mental gymnastics these people have to do to believe Pizzagate at the drop of a hat, but go on to assume this story is fake. That is completely absurd.
To Raynabs points, I don't really know what to say. If somebody wants a pedophile to represent them in the government, or just an accused pedophile, than they're morally bankrupt. I would say its immoral to even write in somebody because it should be a moral obligation for any decent human being to stop pedophiles from entering the government. But I don't know why you think his opponent is a scumbag. Doug Jones prosecuted terrorists who killed young girls. That's almost the complete opposite of Roy Moore. I've never seen an accusation of Jones being a bad guy. Is it the abortion issue? A lot of people in Alabama are referencing that to justify a vote for Moore or a write-in. There was a time when I probably would've thought Jones might be a bad guy for that very reason, but I STILL would've voted for him over Moore if I could have.
And the other thing, they threw Jerry Sandusky in prison for raping a bunch of young boys at Penn State, but did they prove he did it? No, not really. He still maintains his innocence. There were no pictures, but there were witnesses and victims. The difference here is that the witnesses saw Moore in all the most suspicious places, but they didn't see the crime. Another difference is that the statute of limitations is up for these crimes, so they can't throw him in jail unless more recent allegations come forward.
Yes, the hypocrisy of it all is what is really frustrating to me. I don't care if people want to condemn the democrats and all the movie stars/famous people for this. But, when they are making up excuses to ignore it when it is conservative politicians, I get frustrated.

I think they should all be condemned to some extent.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Roy Moore - December 5th 2017, 05:14 AM

By the way, Donald Trump endorsed this guy. What a soulless piece of crap.
Kinda makes sense though, because he literally admitted to sexual assault on tape.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Roy Moore - December 6th 2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
By the way, Donald Trump endorsed this guy. What a soulless piece of crap.
Kinda makes sense though, because he literally admitted to sexual assault on tape.
Yep, endorsed him and the reasoning was, essentially that it was better to have a politician who had the same ideals as him than it would to have a democrat who wouldn't.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Roy Moore - December 7th 2017, 01:29 AM

Conservative America. #familyvalues. No principles at all.