TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thor Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 17th 2018, 12:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

https://youtu.be/zERViynKzZM
This is just shocking wow!

Send a message via AIM to Thor  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 17th 2018, 06:47 AM

brooooo how do you not find this hilarious. it's just edgy humor.

this man actually got put on a trial (and i think he got jail time? not sure) just for this stupid joke. yes, it's offensive, that's the point. he's a comedian. (like, that's actually his career.) nobody says anything about comedians like anthony jeselnik because that's just their style of comedy: edgy. of course people can argue that it's in bad taste, but the man didn't deserve legal action because of it.

he's just a comedian and it's just an act. afterwards he actually had to tell people that he obviously doesn't condone what hitler did or hurting people simply for being jews in any scenario. what he does with his dog, as long as it's not harming the dog, is his business. probably shouldn't have posted it online, given the over-sensitive crybaby state our world is in these days.

i feel bad for the poor guy.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razůn de vivir en japonťs
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 17th 2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~ View Post
brooooo how do you not find this hilarious. it's just edgy humor.

this man actually got put on a trial (and i think he got jail time? not sure) just for this stupid joke. yes, it's offensive, that's the point. he's a comedian. (like, that's actually his career.) nobody says anything about comedians like anthony jeselnik because that's just their style of comedy: edgy. of course people can argue that it's in bad taste, but the man didn't deserve legal action because of it.

he's just a comedian and it's just an act. afterwards he actually had to tell people that he obviously doesn't condone what hitler did or hurting people simply for being jews in any scenario. what he does with his dog, as long as it's not harming the dog, is his business. probably shouldn't have posted it online, given the over-sensitive crybaby state our world is in these days.

i feel bad for the poor guy.
Exactly, what will become of our world if comedians are censored? Come on. While I don't find it particularly funny, as long as it harms nobody, let people enjoy it.

Nada es verdad, todo estŠ permitido

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 17th 2018, 09:30 AM

This dog is just the best wish i had him

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Re: Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 18th 2018, 03:15 PM

Some of my family were Holocaust victims. One was shot by the Gestapo, he was only 19 years old. The others died in Auschwitz. My great-grandma had her entire family murdered. Although it was decades ago, itís still an incredibly difficult thing to come to terms with. Thereís a lot of feelings of anger and confusion, itís hard to understand how anyone allowed something like that to happen and how people could feel so much hatred.

With that being said, I donít find this offensive, bigoted or even shocking at all. I hate Neo-Nazis. I hope any surviving Nazis are tracked down and they pay for their atrocities. But this is a joke. I donít find it that funny, I had a bit of a chuckle when I first saw it but itís nothing spectacular. Whatís more hilarious is the reaction people are having.

I feel like people need to stop being so thin-skinned. Most people, if not all of them, who make dark jokes have no ill intent whatsoever. Theyíre just trying to be edgy and shock others. I kind of get it. Iím a woman and lesbian, Iím diagnosed with depression and used to cut, Iím a sexual abuse survivor, a descendant of Chinese immigrants and Holocaust victims. I used to get really upset, like lock myself in the school bathroom and cry whenever someone made a joke that could possibly be deemed sexist, homophobic, racist or insensitive to victims of sexual abuse or the Holocaust. Hereís the thing though, words only have power if you give it to them and people choose to get offended. Reclaiming the slurs, not taking myself so seriously, it made me stronger. If someone says theyíre offended by a joke, most often people either think of them as a killjoy or as immature. Iíve actually seen it take the opposite effect; instead of the comedian apologizing, theyíll probably just push your buttons further to get a rise out of you.

I think what people really need to understand is if some people seriously got a problem with you, just laugh it off because thereís always going to be assholes in the world and thatíll never change. If youíre part of a minority, you need to have a thicker skin and not a thinner one.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Man teaches dog Nazi propaganda Warning this is offensive and bigotry - May 19th 2018, 10:12 PM

I think its pretty stupid, and not very funny. But at the end of the day, it's a DOG with a douchey owner. Whatever. I could find at least 100 more important issues than this dog, people being thin-skinned, and the political correctness debate in general. For example, in America, half the population makes $30,000 dollars or less. That's WAY more important than the PC debate.
Despite me saying that (and I really do think the PC debate is the most overblown issue ever, and I've said it before), if that guy was put on trial for a joke, then that's ridiculously stupid. All he did was teach a dog a trick. If the other side took power, they would use this type of reasoning (jailing people for offensive expression) to put their own political enemies in jail. I know of at least one instance already where the FBI had questioned somebody just because they were posting anti-police Facebook posts. So even if you hate something as disgusting as Nazism, you can't just ban their speech without the expectation that the right wing will flip it around on you the second they get into power.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed Thread