TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
A girl accidentally shot dead her two-year-old brother after finding a gun hidden under a mattress.

The children are thought to have been playing when they found the gun at their home in Bakersfield, California yesterday afternoon.

The boy, named locally as Ruben Soto III, was rushed to a nearby hospital but died of a wound to his chest.

Police said the children's mother was at home but in another part of the house when the tragedy occurred. Their father was at work.

Under state law, the parents of the dead infant could be prosecuted for not ensuring that the firearm was stored where it could not be accessed by their children.

Police said they were called to the home shortly after 4pm to find the toddler had been shot once in the chest. He was later pronounced dead at Kern Medical Centre.
Initial inquiries suggested the three-year-old sister had taken the gun - a .45 calibre semiautomatic handgun - from her parents' bedroom where it had been stuffed underneath the mattress.
Sgt Greg Terry of Bakersfield Police said: 'It appears to be a horrible accident - I cannot imagine what the family is going through.'
Under Californian law, all gun owners must ensure that their weapons are stored in a way so that children cannot access them.

A police investigation has been launched.
Personaly i think the parents should have at least put the gun inside a locked cabinet, away from the hands of there children.
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 05:33 PM

That kind of thing seriously brings tears to my eyes.
Stupid parents. I'm sure they didn't mean harm, but common sense should tell you that you don't leave a loaded gun in reach of a two year old, or any of the other kids that live in the house. And why have they not taught their children that you don't play with guns in the first place, because that is what nearly always happens when a small kid gets a hold of a gun? I'm sorry, but I blame the parents. They deserve to face some kind of consequence for their stupidity.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I blame the parents. They deserve to face some kind of consequence for their stupidity.
I agree. Where have the basic morals gone these days?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 07:43 PM

And this is why I support gun control.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
And this is why I support gun control.
I support parents not being lazy, moranic half-wits. Leave their young children unsupervised with an unlocked weapon. Real smart.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
:hehe: Offline
Dulux Paint color chart.
Average Joe

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 08:02 PM

...They needed to put the gun in a cabinet where the kids couldn't get it. But, I do suppose, if there was a burglar, it would be easier to reach under the mattress, than fumble around for a key to a cabinet.

How old was the girl? Well, not old enough to understand what a gun is.

They could have shut the door, and put a kiddie lock on the door, so the kids couldn't get in, to be able to access the gun. Maybe they've learned.

[Jer] Oh. And I have a habit of attracting whales, too.
Anything that's sea-like. I'm like a gay aqua man.

[Jesmica] Mark makes me want to have lots of children.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
They could have shut the door, and put a kiddie lock on the door, so the kids couldn't get in, to be able to access the gun. Maybe they've learned.

Over here in the uk this would be classed as child abuse
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 08:38 PM

Who leaves a two and three year old alone, unsupervised? Even in their own house, they should be watched. I feel for the family,and the little girl. But really, who puts a loaded gun under a mattress?

My friend had her gun under a mattress, but it wasn't loaded, the clip was put somewhere else, and she told her little sister not to play with guns and knifes. This could have been prevented, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
x_muse Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mary

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 08:39 PM

Horrible. Parents should know with young kids who get into everything, you have to keep something that dangerous out of their reach.

I can't stop thinking about the poor sister who will learn what happened, to a full extent, as she gets older. The parents could have prevented so much heartache!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 09:22 PM

Stupid parenting in the news again.... This sort of things seems to be happening more these days. Perhaps there really should be a test before a couple can legally care for a child.

I thought it was common logic that unlocked guns + small children = bad outcome. But I guess I was wrong.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 29th 2009, 10:03 PM

Yay for the moronic decision of the supreme court in District of Columbia v. Heller. YAAAAY! Of course it's unconstitutional to require that people actually lock up their guns, duh!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 12:37 AM

Is it really that hard of concept that you should lock up your guns? Like.. really?

I feel really sorry for the children - especially the girl who shot her brother and how she has to live with that for the rest of her life because her parents couldn't get a lock.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 12:44 AM

Yet another death of a young child that could have been prevented with proper supervision. What is wrong with people today. Honestly, why would you keep a gun under your mattress when you have two children under the age of 3 in the house!

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Exelus Offline
Aspiring Psychologist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Russell

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Disaster View Post
Yet another death of a young child that could have been prevented with proper supervision. What is wrong with people today. Honestly, why would you keep a gun under your mattress when you have two children under the age of 3 in the house!

That's probably exactly WHY they had the gun in the house. I know this is a horrible tragedy, but do you really think the parents meant for this to happen?

That gun wasn't there for show. They didn't keep it in a gun cabinet, because that handgun was obviously meant for personal defense. Why else would you keep a loaded gun within reach? I'm sure these parents are grieving for the loss of their child, but I don't think they made a wrong decision.

Let's imagine that someone were to come into their house at night and attempt a robbery, or kidnapping, or worse. How quickly do you think you can get a gun out of a closet and load it? I can understand why you'd keep a loaded gun at the ready. People are crazy.

I do believe in gun control, but I believe that people can have weapons in the home. This is just a very unfortunate accident, don't blame the parents.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you still don't succeed, redefine success.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Send a message via MSN to Exelus  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelus View Post
That's probably exactly WHY they had the gun in the house. I know this is a horrible tragedy, but do you really think the parents meant for this to happen?

That gun wasn't there for show. They didn't keep it in a gun cabinet, because that handgun was obviously meant for personal defense. Why else would you keep a loaded gun within reach? I'm sure these parents are grieving for the loss of their child, but I don't think they made a wrong decision.

Let's imagine that someone were to come into their house at night and attempt a robbery, or kidnapping, or worse. How quickly do you think you can get a gun out of a closet and load it? I can understand why you'd keep a loaded gun at the ready. People are crazy.

I do believe in gun control, but I believe that people can have weapons in the home. This is just a very unfortunate accident, don't blame the parents.
There are ways to keep it away from your children. Keep it up higher! Or keep it so you can load it easily if you have the ammo close. My dad has guns for protection. (Well a gun for protection, and some others for sporting/show) There are many easily accessible gun cases that a child wouldn't know how to get in to. Keep a guy within your reach but not your childrens, and don't show them where it is? There are so many options.

Leaving it under your mattress? You may as well have left it on the table, and expect the kids not to get to it.

If they lived somewhere without children, then that would be acceptable. But at least lock that room and don't let them have access to it then?

Not saying they meant for it to happen, they just should have taken better precautions.

-Robert Frost

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 01:34 AM

You can easily keep a loaded gun on the top shelf of the bedroom closet. Or keep a cabinet/shelf up high out of kids reach, but within adult reach and keep the gun up there. There are so many ways you can keep a gun for defence out of reach of children.
Or, like Maria said, keep the room locked during the day. Put up a baby gate. Those work perfectly. We have one up blocking off the work out room, kitchen, and stairs. I don't see what's so hard about that.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#17 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 03:23 AM

I say prosecute the parents as they didn't keep the gun in a place that kids could not get access to. Perhaps a combination lock or something along those lines, put it near the bed if it makes one feel more comfortable.

But all I have to say is congrats parents, this is what stupidity does.

Exelus: True, the gun would have been meant for self-defense. However, you have to consider how it is used when there is not someone breaking into the house or whatnot. When it's not in use, in a family with 2 kids, it doesn't seem safe to leave the gun laying around fully-loaded. If you want it fully-loaded, then keep it somewhere where the parents can get it but not the kids. Otherwise, might as well just save the kids the effort and toss them the loaded gun.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 09:09 AM

Aha!

I thought of a comparison for you Russell, because I've been thinking about this ever since chat. I'm just a loser like that.

That's like leaving drugs on the table in case you feel suicidal and need a high, but not worrying about keeping your kids away from them?

That sounded better before I typed it out.

-Robert Frost

(#19 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 10:19 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're OK.

I have to admit - I'm curious. What sort of mattresses do most of you sleep on? I'm a big guy - and it takes ME quite a bit of an effort to lift my mattress. And because of that - I could see myself thinking that a gun would be safely out of reach of a 3 year old IF that gun was tucked under MY mattress.

I'm siding with Russell on this. Although I DO blame the parents a little. At least legally speaking. Obviously the gun WAS accessible. But then again - it is apparent that an effort was made to keep their kids away from the gun.

That said.... I'm not sure I could cope with life if one of my kids DIED because of a mistake I made.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#20 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
I'm not sure I could cope with life if one of my kids DIED because of a mistake I made
Yeah, I would be devastated too. Whats going to happen when the girl grows up and somebody has to explain to her what happened to her brother?

PM // VM

(#21 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're OK.

I have to admit - I'm curious. What sort of mattresses do most of you sleep on? I'm a big guy - and it takes ME quite a bit of an effort to lift my mattress. And because of that - I could see myself thinking that a gun would be safely out of reach of a 3 year old IF that gun was tucked under MY mattress.

I'm siding with Russell on this. Although I DO blame the parents a little. At least legally speaking. Obviously the gun WAS accessible. But then again - it is apparent that an effort was made to keep their kids away from the gun.

That said.... I'm not sure I could cope with life if one of my kids DIED because of a mistake I made.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!
It would depend just how far the gun was tucked in the mattress. If it was closer to the outside, then you wouldn't need to lift the whole thing, whereas if it was in the middle then you would. If your mattress is some big, heavy one but you put it closer to the outside (i.e. handle facing outside a bit), then as weak as a three-year old may be, they still could pull it out. But if it's a big and heavy one and right in the middle, then either the three year old has to lift the mattress off, try to wedge their arm between the mattress or just give up on getting it.

An effort was made to keep it out of the kids' reach, I agree on that. However, it was not enough.

Right now my "mattress" is the couch downstairs because I'm looking for a new bed as my current bed is wonderful if you ever want to have some back cramps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn x
Yeah, I would be devastated too. Whats going to happen when the girl grows up and somebody has to explain to her what happened to her brother?

Simple, either they will have forgetten due to infantile amnesia or nobody will have told her. Or, she is told that her brother died possibly by gunshot but not by whom. Or, they tell her all of it and explain it was a complete accident, doctors and such did everything they could but tough luck.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 06:17 PM

I think they could have easily hid it somewhere else and still be able to get it out if needed. Infants get into everything and anything, when my brother was an infant he was everywhere, getting into whatever he could so it's not surprising that they managed to find it because they're bound to be curious. Placing it high up on something like a wardrobe or a cupboard where they are too little to reach until they reach an age where they'll be able to fully understand the dangers of handling a gun will not only save accidents like these but it's also in easy reach.

I feel sorry for the parents and their loss but I feel more sorry for the girl who shot her brother, she probably doesn't understand it now but if she's to find out in the future accident or not, it's not going to be an easy thing to live with.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 10:30 PM

I can't imagine being this girl. She's going to find eventually, and she's going to live with the guilt. I can't imagine going through that.

The fact that the kids were unsupervised in the first place shocks me. I can't imagine leaving a three year old and a two year old alone, even if I was in another part of the house.

I feel so bad for the family, I can't even imagine trying to get on with life after a death like this.

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jessica

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 30th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. This isn't a case of parents idiotically leaving a gun out in plain sight of their children. Guns should be kept away from children, but it seems that the parents DID try to keep the gun away from their kids. I don't think it's stupid to think a 3 year old wouldn't find a gun under a matress - I hide things under mine all the time (granted not weapons) because I don't think my niece would be able to access them. Mattresses are heavy, and a three year old wouldn't be able to life them - apparently the parents thought they had stuffed it in far enough, and were mistaken. After the fact it's easy to say it was a stupid decision to hide it in the mattress and that it should've been put somewhere else, but no matter where you hide a gun, there's always going to be a chance a child will find it. The law is that you have to store weapons in a way children can't access them, and it seems clear to me that the parent's thought they had done that. As for whether they should be punished - they just lost their child because of decisions they made. What could the state possibly do to them that would be worse than knowing that because of you, your child is dead?

Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

(#25 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 31st 2009, 04:05 AM

Why do parents of children that young have a loaded gun that isn't locked up or wayyy out of reach? I mean, I know it was hidden. But kids are too curious. So sad.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#26 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 31st 2009, 04:26 PM

My parents never kept guns under their mattress when I was a child. However, my father is a gun collector and they were all over the house. For the most part, they were safely stored in a cabinet. At our current home, we have two cabinets full of them. As a child, I was taught not to touch them. You have to teach your children not to touch them. I don't remember the guns being as scattered when I was smaller. There is a point when you should know better.

--A

(#27 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 31st 2009, 05:20 PM

I don't understand why people need guns at all. In England they're completely illegal unless you get a licence which is very hard to get. We hardly have anything like this happen. Yet America have god knows how many killings, including schools getting attacked. What is it going to take for the American government to see?

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#28 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 31st 2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
In England they're completely illegal unless you get a licence which is very hard to get.
The police cant even use them except for the s.w.a.t teams
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
asphyxiated Offline
Next stop: Land of SueŮos
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - May 31st 2009, 06:53 PM

This is horrible.
I don't think the parents should have to go to jail, though. It is a tragedy, no one could have anticipated this, but why further cause the family heartache by ripping them apart?
My thoughts go out to them.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 1st 2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyxiated View Post
This is horrible.
I don't think the parents should have to go to jail, though. It is a tragedy, no one could have anticipated this, but why further cause the family heartache by ripping them apart?
My thoughts go out to them.
So the law shouldn't apply to them because the family will be emotionally worse off? No, the law is objective and applied to the guilty party regardless if it will make them sadder.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
ridiculousness Offline
Average Joe

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 2nd 2009, 01:45 AM

It was clearly an accident, come on. It doesn't make the parents stupid or moronic. They just didn't think their little girl would shoot their son. I don't think they should go to jail.

A lot of people put weapons under their bed for easy access if someone breaks in at night...but they COULD have just put something crazy like a knife or a bat under their and bought a gun safe for the gun. :\

Help my little eggiweggs! =D Prease?

(#32 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 2nd 2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfemilie View Post
It was clearly an accident, come on. It doesn't make the parents stupid or moronic. They just didn't think their little girl would shoot their son. I don't think they should go to jail.

A lot of people put weapons under their bed for easy access if someone breaks in at night...but they COULD have just put something crazy like a knife or a bat under their and bought a gun safe for the gun. :\
So they shouldn't go to jail because it was accidental? It's arguable that it wasn't in a safe place or in a place where the children couldn't access it. Depending on the area of their residence, then it's a crime. I do think they should go to jail if it is a crime to have the gun not stored in a place where the kids cannot easily access it.

Otherwise, it's arguable that if parents put a gun in a place where kids can easily access it (once again, under a mattress is arguable but if it's near the edge then it's clearly not in a safe place and it's loaded) had their kids accidentally take the gun and possibly use it, then they shouldn't be prosecuted because it was all an accident.

The parents tried to put it in an area they thought was safe, I'll give them that, however, at the end of the day, it clearly was not in a place where a kid, especially a 3-year old couldn't easily access it.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 2nd 2009, 12:00 PM

I'm amazed that people are defending these parents, which begs the question what would they have to do to earn that condemnation? As I see it the only way that they could have been more negligent with their guns would have been to just leave them on the floor. A kid can easily get under a mattress, I used to re-arrange mine all the time as a kid, they're not immovable objects or as heavy and impenetrable as some people seem to be implying they are. Are American mattresses heavy compared to European ones or am I just incredibly strong (not the case)? And consider, if the mattress IS as difficult to get items from under as people have said, then how carelessly pushed under it must the gun have been?
Either way, a kid is easily strong enough to shove his arm between the mattress and the bed to get something, especially if that's where they've seen a parent put a gun.
Of course the article does not make it sound like the gun was stored safely for other reasons: "stuffed under" does not imply careful consideration or delicate placement.

Guns should have trigger locks/ be locked in cup-boards/ just not be owned by careless idiots/ be kept chained up/ all of the afore mentioned.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 2nd 2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
Over here in the uk this would be classed as child abuse
Putting a kiddy lock on a door is not child-abuse unless you are locking them in a room or preventing them getting out the house. Its like the stair gates you get...

Anyway, I DO think the parents should be punished. Yes they may have attempted to keep it hidden, but A) it was still within a childs reach B) It can't have been hidden that well and C)Depending how far under the mattress the gun was, would determine the strength needed to get to it. If you put somthing at the edge, underneath your mattress, its not going to take a lot to remove it. Is it?

I feel sorry on the girl. She had no idea, and she will have to live with it for the rest of her life.

The parents should be imprisoned. Any other person would. They are no different.

Last edited by Thurineth; June 2nd 2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 2nd 2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I DO think the parents should be punished. Yes they may have attempted to keep it hidden, but A) it was still within a childs reach B) It can't have been hidden that well and C)Depending how far under the mattress the gun was, would determine the strength needed to get to it. If you put somthing at the edge, underneath your mattress, its not going to take a lot to remove it. Is it?
My matress is pretty heavy to lift up mainly becouse its hard as a rock and gives you back pain
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 3rd 2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
My matress is pretty heavy to lift up mainly becouse its hard as a rock and gives you back pain

not all mattress' are the same though. Even if all mattress's are heavy, that brings up the question of where was the gun really??
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Sister shoots dead Brother with Parents gun - June 3rd 2009, 03:19 PM

This is off topic but sleeping on a loaded gun under your matress is almost like sleeping on a bomb. I think the parents should have kept it out of the kids reach.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
Closed Thread