TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
GREAT BIG HUG
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Craig

4 teens CHARGED AS ADULTS after sexual assault of 13 year old boy - June 4th 2009, 11:52 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're OK.

Some time ago - I posted a link to a story about 4 teens who were ARRESTED and CHARGED after sexually assaulting a 13 year old boy.

That thread is now 'closed'. So for an update to that story - click on the link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/04/...ult/index.html

I AM CURIOUS... as to how the victim managed to conceal the fact that he was raped. And I mean physically. There had to some damage to his anus - wouldn't you think? He was - after all - raped repeatedly over a 2 month period. [That was a 'rhetorical question' by the way - not actually requiring an answer - unless you think have one - of course!! ] I feel very sorry for the victim - that's for sure. AND for his parents. I also feel for the parents of the guys who repeatedly raped their victim. How do you explain THAT to anyone?! I just hope to God that NO ONE [And that includes some 'good-hearted' councilor] ends up convincing the victim that - because he was violently abused - in a sexual way - his identity as a MALE has been tarnished or damaged or made 'less than' in some way.

We ALL [And that includes YOU and ME] have be very careful when it comes to how the dominoes fall. Anyone of us could find ourselves doing something that we NEVER thought we would EVER do in a million, billion years. I truly believe [most] people are telling the TRUTH when they say, "I don't KNOW!!", when asked, "Why did you do THAT?!" I think we just get caught up in something - and before we know it - that 'something' becomes a part of our history. [For good OR bad] This is why it's good to reflect upon our day - every day - to see if we're still on the 'right path' when it comes to what we're doing and how we are treating others. [And so on]

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL" - CanadaCraig

My new eBook. Only 99 Cents

'What to DO if it happens to YOU'

BECOME MY FACEBOOK FRIEND

Your Biggest Organ!!
[TH Social Group] For those of us with skin problems.

I am a 50 year old guy living in Victoria B.C. CANADA - I joined TH on January 11th, 2003

I have been a TeenHelp Member for more than ONE DECADE!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: 4 teens CHARGED AS ADULTS after sexual assault of 13 year old boy - June 5th 2009, 06:26 PM

Personally, I approve of them getting charged as adults. If they're going to commit adult crimes, then they should expect to get adult sentences.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: 4 teens CHARGED AS ADULTS after sexual assault of 13 year old boy - June 5th 2009, 08:40 PM

I remember this story floating around TH before. The parents of the rapists should have no reason to speak as though they were in the rapists' heads. They can give their opinions but to speak as though they knew exactly what was going on in the rapists' heads is something they should not do because they would not fully know.

As for getting caught up in the moment, that is an option said for the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs (three 19 year olds, at around 2007 who killed 21 people, although only two of them were charged with the killings, the third got charged for something much lighter). To me, getting caught up in the moment is a cop-out excuse.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: 4 teens CHARGED AS ADULTS after sexual assault of 13 year old boy - June 5th 2009, 09:23 PM

There are choices I make I never think I would, but I also know I'll have to deal with the consequences. If I went to rape someone (Which I can guarantee you I will never do. I think it's sick and wrong, and I would never hurt someone like that. Ever.) I would have enough common sense to know I might get tried as an adult.

I'm glad they got charged like they did.

Thanks for the update Craig.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

Closed Thread