TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Kadster Offline
Adam/Eve not Adam/Steve!!!
Not a n00b
**
 
Kadster's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Posts: 59
Join Date: October 8th 2009

Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 04:15 AM

There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away. The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires. Nevertheless, the truth stands: The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.

You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?


Please enjoy a collection of classic music from the homeland!


Die Deutsche Armee ist mein Held
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 04:59 AM

Amen to that.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Gidig's Avatar
 
Name: Maria
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 2,123
Blog Entries: 390
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away. The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires. Nevertheless, the truth stands: The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.
First of all, not everyone lives by the Bible, as much as you'd like to quote, I find absolutely nothing in the Bible to be the truth. In no way am I saying you are wrong for having religious beliefs, I'm saying not everyone feels the same way you do.

Quote:
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."



Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
To begin, I am a female, hence my sexuality seems to play no place in here.


Quote:
Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.
That again, is your belief. Not mine.

Quote:
You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
Let's look at what "Faggot" truly means. A fag is a bundle of sticks that are being prepared to be set on fire. By calling me a faggot, you're calling me someone who should be prepared to be set on fire. Somehow I do not take kindly this. A long with this, when it is used with a negative connotation, it makes it a negative word.
Homophobic is an adjective really. It describes a person. It's entirely different.


I could give two shits what your [Or anyone else's] veiw on homosexuality is. I will go along dating girls, kissing girls, and having sex with girls. It happens. It's my life. The problem I come across is when someone wants to tag my locker, pick a fight in the hallway, and kill me because of my sexuality.

Haven't you ever been discriminated against for being a Christian? People may not always agree with the way you live, but it's your life. As long as people don't bother you about it, do you care? That's how I feel about my sexual orientation.
And honestly, who I go to bed with at night is none of your business or concern, nor anyone else no matter what their veiw or sexual orientation may be.

My question beyond is for you to think about, is if homophobia is not wrong, why do homophobic people kill homosexuals? Isn't that a sin too? They're doing it for the Bible says it's wrong.

There are two sides to every argument, and while I disagree with yours, I read and understand your beliefs. I ask you to look at mine. I did not wake up wanting to like girls - I can assure you of that. Why would someone choose that life? Why would I choose to be ridiculed and looked down upon for who I like? What did I do to deserve that? That would be my final question towards myself and you combined.

But onto my last point for this post. What do you conclude should be done with homosexuals? That is where I think the most important of information comes across. You can be homophobic all you like. I'm personally afraid of spiders. While I find it silly to be afraid of homosexuals, I can not judge you for that. I can only judge you for your own actions.



The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away. The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires. Nevertheless, the truth stands: The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.

You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
Looking at it in reverse, as you ask:

"Faggot" is a curse, "homophobic" is a title.
"Homosexual" is a title, "bigot" is a curse.

I think I see the point you were trying to make, and I'm pretty sure you also simultaneously managed to prove yourself wrong. Way to go.

In all seriousness though, you'll generally find that most people here have one of two answers to your biblical quotes. Either:

i. The bible is an outdated text and needs to be interpreted in a modern-day context to derive true value from it.

ii. The bible is fictional and drawing absolute moral value from it is foolish.

Not very many people actually take the entirety of the bible literally any more, because claiming that you must take any one part literally implies that you must take all parts literally, and that leads you to all sorts of fun places. Ever eaten shellfish?


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 06:31 AM

Kadster, why do you even care? Whatever happened to live and let live? Homosexuals aren't hurting anyone, so what business of yours is what they do?


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 06:43 AM

Not everyone believes in the Bible. That does not mean that I do not respect your views, but I do not agree with them. I am a history major, in class we have studied religion and the making of religious texts.The Bible was written by man, and changed over the years to fit with the opinions of a small group of men at that time. Did you know that the Bible once said Moses had horns? My point is, not only is the Bible not accurate, it is not meant to be taken literally.

It shouldn't matter who I sleep with, or who I love, all that should matter is who I am. My sexuality does not define me, not entirely. It is part of me, an aspect of who I am, but there is so much more to me that whether or not I like girls.

I used to think that homosexuals wouldn't go to heaven, but then I started thinking about it. God loves me, for who I am, or so He says, so shouldn't he love me no matter who I love? I, personally, know that the Goddess does not care about my sexuality, nor should God. "If ye harm none, do as ye please".

I do not like being discriminated against because of my sexuality, no more than you like being discriminated against for your beliefs and nationality. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is fine. But although I might respect your views, I do not have to agree with them.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 10:30 AM

Should we should kill our children that disobey their parents as well?


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
CanadaCraig's Avatar
 
Age: 56
Gender: Male

Posts: 854
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 10:37 AM

Hi Kadster!!

I hope you're having a dandy day.

Just a thought.....

What I find MOST interesting about people [And this may - or may not - include you] who quote 1 Cor. 6:9-10 in an attempt to enlighten homosexuals - is that they never put nearly as much time or effort into 'enlightening' those who are fornicating. Why is that? There are FAR more people in this world who are fornicating [Who are 'deceived' in other words] than who are engaging in homosexual sex. And I mean millions and millions more!! So if it was a person's goal in life to lead as many souls to God as possible - could it not be argued that their focus should be more on those having sex outside of marriage and less on those engaging in homosexual sex? And when it comes to being 'homophobic' and justifying that fear because of what it says in the Bible - do those who quote that 1 Corinthian scripture verse also fear fornicators just as intensely and irrationally?

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 04:37 PM

I agree with what most everyone said so far. I don't really care what the Bible says. I don't follow it I don't believe in it, it could say the moon was made of cheese and I would put it on the same level as this crap. Discrimination against anyone for something that they cannot control is disgusting.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 05:18 PM

Murder is a more serious sin in my opinion


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while
********
 
LucyLouWho's Avatar
 
Name: Chelsey
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,968
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 05:46 PM

While I completely agree that the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is not of God and is a sin, it's useless to try to tell anyone that. I'm not sure why, but people tend to think that if God were real, he'd only want to cater to us and make sure everything goes our way... Never tell us not to do anything... Etc.

God, according to the Bible, is the heavenly father, who loves and cares about us. Now, is it wrong that a loving father would discipline his children and set boundaries... I think it makes perfect sense... But people act like if God really loved us, he'd just not care and let us do whatever.


Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope View Post
God, according to the Bible, is the heavenly father, who loves and cares about us. Now, is it wrong that a loving father would discipline his children and set boundaries... I think it makes perfect sense... But people act like if God really loved us, he'd just not care and let us do whatever.
A loving father wouldn't punish a child because it was born a certain way.
Especially if he is responsible for the way it was born in the first place. Sure, a loving father sets rules and boundaries, but he sets ones which are possible to be kept.

Anyway to address the thread. If you think homosexuality is a sin well then don't have gay sex. Simple as that. I don't really think that calling someone a "faggot" for simply not conforming for your religious text is fair, especially when the very same religious text tells you not to throw insults at others ("He who is without sin cast the first stone"). Laws and rights should be based on secular objective reasoning and not based on the laws of any religion.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,017
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 06:41 PM

I feel now is the time to say,

We don't care about your homophobic religion and your racist God who hates people because of their sexual preferences, yet is happy to sentence thousands to death at random because of their supposed "satanist practices". Why do you thing we're atheist?
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Penguin Queen's Avatar
 
Name: Annie
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 509
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 07:16 PM

My major issue has always been that christians do not live by all of the rules in the bible, not by a long shot. There are probably thousands of rules which you do not, for example, women covering there heads in church.




fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right



LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN


   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope View Post
While I completely agree that the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is not of God and is a sin, it's useless to try to tell anyone that. I'm not sure why, but people tend to think that if God were real, he'd only want to cater to us and make sure everything goes our way... Never tell us not to do anything... Etc.

God, according to the Bible, is the heavenly father, who loves and cares about us. Now, is it wrong that a loving father would discipline his children and set boundaries... I think it makes perfect sense... But people act like if God really loved us, he'd just not care and let us do whatever.
We expect not that there would be no rules, but that the rules would be responsible. Homosexuality is not amoral or unethical in any possible sense, so a god who opposes it is being arbitrary and cruel. Basically, we feel that god is not the ultimate source of morality.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
We expect not that there would be no rules, but that the rules would be responsible. Homosexuality is not amoral or unethical in any possible sense, so a god who opposes it is being arbitrary and cruel. Basically, we feel that god is not the ultimate source of morality.
In my philosophy class last year we had a huge discussion about who created morals God or man. You see if we were to assume that God made us and already had this set of rules of what is right or wrong he would have had to have seen every possible wrong that man would commit even though he gave us free will. So in theory morals could have come into creation when man did bad things and then realized that they were wrong or that these bad things deserved punishment. Then God simply reinforced these things.
The point is the "because God said so" argument is silly. Because if you think as I do that morals came from man, whether God exists or not, and you believe God can't make mistakes, man can and does alot. So let's say there this story about this town where these guys got caught having sex with each other and everyone in the town thought that that was wrong and should be punished so God reinforced that. God didn't make the mistake the people did. And homophobia, or whatever you want it to be called, is a mistake. Discriminating against someone for something they cannot control is wrong, period, that's it.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 13th 2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
In my philosophy class last year we had a huge discussion about who created morals God or man. You see if we were to assume that God made us and already had this set of rules of what is right or wrong he would have had to have seen every possible wrong that man would commit even though he gave us free will. So in theory morals could have come into creation when man did bad things and then realized that they were wrong or that these bad things deserved punishment. Then God simply reinforced these things.
The point is the "because God said so" argument is silly. Because if you think as I do that morals came from man, whether God exists or not, and you believe God can't make mistakes, man can and does alot. So let's say there this story about this town where these guys got caught having sex with each other and everyone in the town thought that that was wrong and should be punished so God reinforced that. God didn't make the mistake the people did. And homophobia, or whatever you want it to be called, is a mistake. Discriminating against someone for something they cannot control is wrong, period, that's it.
Very eloquently put. I'm looking forward to when we get around to religion in my philosophy class. We're still hacking away as Descartes and Humian skepticism right now.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Ady- Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Ady-'s Avatar
 
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Location: Oxford, UK

Posts: 40
Join Date: October 3rd 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 14th 2009, 12:34 AM

in order to judge people by the bible it must be taken as a whole not as sentances/verses.

If being bisexual or any other orientation was wrong god wouldn't let it happen, the fact he does means it is right
  Send a message via AIM to Ady- Send a message via MSN to Ady- Send a message via Yahoo to Ady- Send a message via Skype™ to Ady- 
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 14th 2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away. The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires. Nevertheless, the truth stands: The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.

You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
Ok, two main issues with this. First one, what does the Bible actually condem? If you read around the topic, you can only find a condemnation of a specific act. And this is pretty much guy on guy intercourse sex. Now, this can go one of two ways, one, I know you'll shoot down straight away, so I won't bother with it, the other is the fact, sexual orientaton is not a condemned sin. There is nothing sinnful with being gay, that you can directly link with the Bible. I mean you can bring up all the lust stuff, but that is equally applicable to straights. So yeah, one may interperate the Bible to condem (at least certain), gay acts. Just because you think we are all raping, disease carrying, mentally ill individuals, I feel I should highlight for you, we can be celibate (and STI free ). Celibate means abstaining from sex by choice. This is what some gay Christians feel called to do. Oh yes, I said it, gay Chrisitians.

Second issue is. Ok, so someone is having sinful gay sex. How should a Christian, following God's law react? How should they treat the sexually active gay people? Don't say stoning, that's not a thing that continued into the Christian church, otherwise there's a lot of things to stone people for... and stoning is only applicable within the nation of Israel anyway, and in order to stone people for gay sex, witnesses must catch them in the act, warn them to stop, and only if they continue will they be brought to a judge. I'm sure I read in some Jewish text once there are no recordings of this actually happening.

Anyway, what is a Christian to do?

Quote:
"The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (NAS, Mark 12:28-31)
Quote:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34-35)
You must love a gay person, as you must love everyone. If you think what they are doing is a sin, you are entitled to that, you however are not entitled to discriminate against them.

'faggot' is a highly offensive insult, and its suppose to be. I don't know how true it is, but apparently its in reference from the time gays were burnt at the stake. This makes it offensive, as the slavery connotation of 'nigger' make that an offensive word. That and the use of both. Faggot is reserved for negative use. Homophobic is a descriptive.

And as mentionned, as a homophobe, you are not at risk of injury, violence, bullying and death particularly. I've been attacked in the street because someone thought I was a gay man (Im not).

But yes, please don't go round with your clobber passages thinking you know the be all and end all of Christianity on sexuality. Particularly when the translations you are using are wrong. E.g. in the Corithians verse, the word 'homosexual' comes from a word made of 'male' and 'beds', and its implied there's something sexual, but its an act. Most translations I believe now acknowledge this with 'homosexual offenders' at least. Though for the record, homosexual was not a word until the 1800s, and the concept of orientation (straight is actually a newer concept them gay) didnt exist till then either. Just some people would sometimes have same sex relations.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 14th 2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
That's a stupid question. Why is "fuck" considered rude but "chastity" isn't? On the other hand, "homosexual" isn't rude either.

Why is "n*****" rude but "white" isn't? because n***** is meant as a degrading term.

Anyway, I've never said that the bible condemns homosexuality nor that it says nothing. Why? Because I've never read the bible so I don't know whether it does or not.

The Bible is also very sexist, does that mean all Christians should be male supremacists? Here's the trap: most people say that the Bible was written a long time ago when it was normal to treat women like animals. I believe it was the same with homosexuality. You can't pick one or the other, either you believe completely in the bible and you believe men are more important than women and you think homosexuality is wrong, or you can't use the bible as a claim that homosexuality is "wrong".

Because of what has already been said, I feel no need to elaborate on how not everyone believes in a big Santa Claus in the sky.

Also, why isn't this int he Religion forums?


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 15th 2009, 02:25 AM

I believe that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin. I never actually read the Bible (I tried...but it's super boring), so I believe that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin mainly because of the whole Adam and Eve story. Man and woman. Jack and Jill. Romeo and Juliet. Etc.

But it's like the whole deal with porn. I was 8 when I started watching. I loved it, and I didn't care what other people thought, or the consequences of my actions. Sometimes, it is a necessary sacrifice.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

October 15th 2009, 03:06 AM

That's what the bible reads. And for those who believe in the bible, It states clearly that homosexuality is a sin.

For those who believe differently, they believe differently.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
That's a stupid question. Why is "fuck" considered rude but "chastity" isn't? On the other hand, "homosexual" isn't rude either.

Why is "n*****" rude but "white" isn't? because n***** is meant as a degrading term.

Anyway, I've never said that the bible condemns homosexuality nor that it says nothing. Why? Because I've never read the bible so I don't know whether it does or not.

The Bible is also very sexist, does that mean all Christians should be male supremacists? Here's the trap: most people say that the Bible was written a long time ago when it was normal to treat women like animals. I believe it was the same with homosexuality. You can't pick one or the other, either you believe completely in the bible and you believe men are more important than women and you think homosexuality is wrong, or you can't use the bible as a claim that homosexuality is "wrong".

Because of what has already been said, I feel no need to elaborate on how not everyone believes in a big Santa Claus in the sky.

Also, why isn't this int he Religion forums?
You haven't read the bible but you know It's sexist? Yet you're trying to contrast the two... Pointless to fight for homosexuality in the bible when you haven't drenched yourself in scripture.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Gaia; October 15th 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: merging double post.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 15th 2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
You haven't read the bible but you know It's sexist? Yet you're trying to contrast the two... Pointless to fight for homosexuality in the bible when you haven't drenched yourself in scripture.
You don't have to have been to a desert to know that the Sahara is dry. If you're trying to argue minute interpretations of scripture, then yes, you'd better have read some. But it's pretty safe to say something along the lines of "the bible is both sexist and homophobic when read literally" without having read it yourself. If someone challenges you on it, then you go digging for a few verses that support your point. And they're really not hard to find.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 15th 2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away. The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires. Nevertheless, the truth stands: The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.
Before I even get to the quotes you gave, a few things. First, although there are many believers in the bible, not all of them believe it word-for-word and believe it is the stone, hard truth. Second, what you claim to be "truth" is not. It is your opinion on the matter using something that is widely open to interpretation and trying to speak on behalf of all believers. Third, this "truth" is what the bible says, it may be what you believe also, however, the reliability and validity of the bible is absolute shit, it's hardly a credible source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
A few problems right here. First, this only applies to males so if we take a word-for-word view as you do, then lesbians are perfectly fine but gay men are not. To me, that makes little sense because it's no longer referring to homosexuality in general, it's referring to the specific genders of the people who commit the homosexual acts. In other words, it's more concerned with whether or not it's a certain pair of genders interacting rather than with addressing the overall issue of homosexuality. Therefore, at best, you've shown gay men are sinners but lesbians are not.

Second, this only applies to homosexual SEX, not to homosexual behavior, so gay men are fine until they hop in bed with one another. Lesbians are fine regardless if they hop in bed with one another. So you haven't shown one bit that homosexuality is a sin, you've only shown that homosexual sex is sinful but other than that, homosexual men and women can interact non-sexually and according to the quotes you gave, they'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
This is an interesting quote because there is also the lovely quote stating only 144,000 people (believed to be Jewish) will go to heaven. Thus, it doesn't matter if you don't partake in any of those activites listed in 1 Cor. 6:9-10, you may still be screwed. For example, take Galatians 5:19-21 as shown below:

“The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21)
If you are to indeed condemn homosexuals, sadly, you may have just prevented yourself from inheriting the kingdom of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
This quote seems to actually work against what you're attempting to argue because this quote shows that it is not the homosexuals' fault for being homosexual, it is god's fault because he made them that way. So by condemning homosexuals, you're not addressing the cause according to the bible, you're simply pointing the finger at someone else because you probably refuse to acknowledge god as the cause despite what Rom. 1:26-28 says. Seems rather hypocritical does it not? Furthermore, by condemning homosexuals to hell, according to Galatians 5:19-21, you have just screwed yourself, thus you're no more "righteous" than the people who you're condemning may be.

Lastly, and here is where the real big fail on your part comes, according to the bible, you are meant to LOVE EVERYONE. By condemning some people, you're not loving everyone and sadly, you're committing a sin while pointing the finger that others are committing a sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.
That may be true and if it is, then what is the purpose of believers to condemn homosexuals to hell? According to the bible, they'll be off to hell anyways and you're not getting any benefit out of condemning them, in fact, you're purposely screwing yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
"Faggot" is just an insult whereas "homophobic" requires one to have actually committed something. In other words, homophobic is descriptive while faggot is just an insult. If you want to ask why the words are the way they are, then it will lead to a history of language debate, although I suspect that this isn't what you had in mind. Thus, it leads me to conclude that this part of your overall post is completely and utterly pointless since you likely have no desire to pursue it.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 15th 2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
You haven't read the bible but you know It's sexist? Yet you're trying to contrast the two... Pointless to fight for homosexuality in the bible when you haven't drenched yourself in scripture.
Do you deny that the Bible is sexist?


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 15th 2009, 09:52 PM

the new testament at least isnt that sexist really when interperated in context and understanding of what it is actually saying.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Oiseau the Little Bird!'s Avatar
 
Name: Bernadette
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 457
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 13th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 16th 2009, 04:57 PM

Okay. So you're saying that we should put gays to death for laying with another person of the same gender. If you follow the bible to the word like many people do, you should also believe that gays should be put to death. If you say, "Aw but times have changed, they shouldn't be killed," then you should also apply that same idea to gays in general. Times are changing, gays are being accepted. Where is your god now?

Also, I thought in biblespeak, the word "know" meant "to have sex with," not "lay." Please explain? Thanks.


Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.


  Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 17th 2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau the Little Bird! View Post
Okay. So you're saying that we should put gays to death for laying with another person of the same gender. If you follow the bible to the word like many people do, you should also believe that gays should be put to death. If you say, "Aw but times have changed, they shouldn't be killed," then you should also apply that same idea to gays in general. Times are changing, gays are being accepted. Where is your god now?
Who is this too? This isnt to the OP, so I'm just wondering.


Also, I thought in biblespeak, the word "know" meant "to have sex with," not "lay." Please explain? Thanks.[/quote]

The word in the original language was the same use to describe having sex with women... english doesn't do it the same. Language is like that
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Kaaaaaaaaaarri Offline
I've got it all (most)♥
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Kaaaaaaaaaarri's Avatar
 
Name: Karri
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Evergreen State

Posts: 25
Join Date: July 3rd 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 18th 2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadster View Post
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.

You people claim were are bigots and homophobic, but have you ever looked at it in reverse, why is it that 'faggot' is considered a curse but 'homophobic' is a title?
Leviticus 19:18 "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD"

John 8:7 "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Also, if we're talking about gay rights here, what The Bible says really has no bearing on whether gay people should have equal rights, no matter what it "says" about gay people. Separation of Chruch and state.


I've got it all (most)
I've got it all, almost all figured out

   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
Distorted_Reality's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 88
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 19th 2009, 02:09 AM

I like that you refer to the Old Testament, which Jesus personally outdated. So unless you're Jewish, Leviticus doesn't apply. But hey, let's say it does pertain to this argument. Care to explain why we let people mix fabric, eat shrimp, shave, sleep with girls on their periods, etc.?
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Lurk Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
Lurk's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 59
Join Date: September 20th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 19th 2009, 02:20 AM

Spoilers!

...People wrote the Bible.

Honestly though - and I mean this sentence with no disrespect to anyone involved - arguments like this are rather absurd, 'cause it's impossible for either side to "win". Things like bigotry, even when derived from a religious text, aren't exactly bound by logic; each side can throw relevant quotations at the other all day, but in the end it's very, very unlikely that anyone is going to change their mind. People live in different worlds, so to speak, and the rules and logic that make perfect sense to one person can be completely irrelevant to the next.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

October 19th 2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Do you deny that the Bible is sexist?
Ah ah ah... Don't dodge my statement towards you. Respond in the way you always do. Call me stupid and through Christianity at me.

And yes, the bible is sexist in the old testament. Though I believe many Catholics would argue that since they worship the virgin Mary... Who is indeed a woman. So considering that I would say the bible contains very much sexism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Spoilers!

...People wrote the Bible.

Honestly though - and I mean this sentence with no disrespect to anyone involved - arguments like this are rather absurd, 'cause it's impossible for either side to "win". Things like bigotry, even when derived from a religious text, aren't exactly bound by logic; each side can throw relevant quotations at the other all day, but in the end it's very, very unlikely that anyone is going to change their mind. People live in different worlds, so to speak, and the rules and logic that make perfect sense to one person can be completely irrelevant to the next.
Thank you very much. You have the ignorant religious brainswashed believers and the angry atheists/agnostics that hate god and anyone who believes in God because their parents made them go to church instead of playing with their friends.

And then some.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau the Little Bird! View Post
Okay. So you're saying that we should put gays to death for laying with another person of the same gender. If you follow the bible to the word like many people do, you should also believe that gays should be put to death. If you say, "Aw but times have changed, they shouldn't be killed," then you should also apply that same idea to gays in general. Times are changing, gays are being accepted. Where is your god now?

Also, I thought in biblespeak, the word "know" meant "to have sex with," not "lay." Please explain? Thanks.
Well, if you look at other scripture, especially int the old testament, when a man had sex with a woman it would say something like, "And he went a laid with her for 3 days" Which meant they had sex, which usually brought a child. I'd think It was the same thing.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Jack; October 19th 2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Posts merged
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 19th 2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Ah ah ah... Don't dodge my statement towards you. Respond in the way you always do. Call me stupid and through Christianity at me.

And yes, the bible is sexist in the old testament. Though I believe many Catholics would argue that since they worship the virgin Mary... Who is indeed a woman. So considering that I would say the bible contains very much sexism.
How is it dodging the question? You said I have no idea whether the Bible is sexist or not because I've never read it through, so I asked if you think I'm wrong about it. If you don't believe I'm wrong, then why are you implying it?

(to the original poster) You seem to be implying that you're not homophobic because your religion is homophobic. Just so you know, that still makes you homophobic.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 19th 2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Ah ah ah... Don't dodge my statement towards you. Respond in the way you always do. Call me stupid and through Christianity at me.
I don't think you can really point fingers at Toast for dodging points when you ignored mine entirely. But hey, practicing what you preach is for squares, right?

And you know, the number of times I've seen you say something like:

Quote:
"Respond in the way you always do. Call me stupid and [throw] Christianity at me."
far outweighs the number of times I've seen anyone actually attack you, through your religion or otherwise. Warning people in your sig that you'll probably offend them doesn't actually give you a license to intentionally provoke them, and it looks twice as silly when you continue to play the embattled victim even though no one rises to your baiting. I know you actually have intelligent opinions, and when you state them clearly they're actually thought-provoking and interesting to read and respond to, so will you please stop obscuring them with contempt?

</soapbox>

Lurk: Personally, I debate because I enjoy learning and expanding my horizons, and the debates on teenhelp tend to be quite educational. Impressive feat for the internet, all things considered. TH probably has the highest average IQ of any forum I've run across, and certainly has the friendliest members.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
Distorted_Reality's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 88
Join Date: January 14th 2009

Re: Not Homophobia - October 20th 2009, 06:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

One of my favorite videos.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
homophobia

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.