TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 17th 2009, 10:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I Really Don't Know What To Say...

http://www.365gay.com/topics/news_po...n-puerto-rico/

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN ®

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 06:34 AM

This really makes me..angry. It should be considered a hate crime, and it's really sad too.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 09:52 AM

Hi Amelia!!

I hope you're having a super fine day!!

Yes indeed - that is a very tragic story.

What I find most interesting or amusing [Or whatever right word might be] about stories like this has to do with how some people can justify [In their own minds] doing something awful and horrible to someone because THEY see that someone as awful and horrible.

It's the ultimate display of human hypocrisy.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 11:30 AM

That makes me really angry. =/

Quote:
Pagan also noted the public remarks from a police investigator for the case that ‘people who lead this type of lifestyle need to be aware that this will happen’.
I honestly don't know how anybody can say that. It's just inhumane, it's ridiculous.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 11:47 AM

I hate the world

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRush View Post
I hate the world
Hi Ceilidh!!

Don't hate the world.

You and I are part of this world and we're not being mean to anyone - are we?!

NO!!

So never allow the monsters of the world to decide FOR you how you think OF the world. [Or rather - what you think of the people in it]

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 04:25 PM

There are some horrible people in this world.
I just wish everyone was treated equally

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 05:17 PM

I have to say, the police's attitude is pretty amazing. Being gay, he should expect to be decapitated and incinerated! Of course! It's even more logical to say a member of the police forces should naturally expect to assassinated by opposition lobbyists seeing as he is a representative of the government. Now really....
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 10:02 PM

I am curious if it was a homophobic attack. I mean, it probably was, it seems like good motive, if otherwise the guy was likable, at the same time, it might not have been (the article doesn't suggest any obvious links to the guy's sexuality. Sometimes people just murder people...). Either way, its a tragic death, and horrific act.

The police officer's comments are appaulling. With an attitude like that, the case is unlikely to be solved, homophobic attack or not. It also kinda publically justifies homophobic behaviour, and implies you probably could get away with it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 10:24 PM

I find it strange that based on a 2004 statistics (couldn't find anymore reliable information) from the FBI, 15.7% of the crimes committed were from hatred against homosexuality, but 52.9% for racially motivated crimes, and yet I hear more about murders that could be against homosexuality than I do homicides against race. (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2004/section1.htm)

The article doesn't say if the teen was decapitated first or burned, because if he was decapitated first...then it wouldn't make much sense to burn a dead body. He probably was burned alive and THEN decapitated, if it was more of a hate crime (IMO).

(#11 (permalink)) Old
disaster117 Offline
Disappear here.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 11:22 PM

What an unbelievable thing for that investigator to say. I cannot believe that he actually said something like that and thought that he would get away with it. These things will happen to you, if you're gay. Ummm okay? WHAT?!

Who the hell does he think he is? A gay guy deserves to be decapitated and dismembered because of his sexual orientation. Fair trade, really. Horrible.

"We all become important when we realize our goal should be to figure out our role within the context of the whole."

“Alright, no need to fight
’cause everybody’s different
and there’s nothin’ you can do about it
and just because I don’t look like you
or act like you it doesn’t make me
any better or worse”
  Send a message via MSN to disaster117  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 18th 2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
I am curious if it was a homophobic attack. I mean, it probably was, it seems like good motive, if otherwise the guy was likable, at the same time, it might not have been (the article doesn't suggest any obvious links to the guy's sexuality. Sometimes people just murder people...). Either way, its a tragic death, and horrific act.

The police officer's comments are appaulling. With an attitude like that, the case is unlikely to be solved, homophobic attack or not. It also kinda publically justifies homophobic behaviour, and implies you probably could get away with it.
I do find it interesting that as soon as it is out that he was gay, it is instantly a hate crime. Just because it is a heterosexual person killing a homosexual person does not make it a hate crime. Same for crimes between races.

That being said, the whole thing is appalling whether it was a hate crime or not.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 19th 2009, 12:36 AM

How can such things happen? How could a human being have such hatred in their hearts?

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 19th 2009, 01:00 AM

http://www.365gay.com/news/murder-su...n-was-a-woman/

Thought I'd share a follow up story linked on the page that probably no one clicked on.
It's still an awful thing to have happened, but maybe this article will calm down a few people with the whole police doing nothing thing. That guy was still an ass though, saying the kid deserved it... Maybe it was just one guy's opinion though.

This makes me sick. My boyfriend obviously agrees. (his dad is gay, and I absolutly love him. almost as much as my boyfriend but in a different way of course lol)

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 19th 2009, 09:22 AM

This would also happen in any Arabic nation and Kazikstan were gays are made to wear blue hats.
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
WhySoSerious? Offline
Mute Poet
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 19th 2009, 12:27 PM

"Pagan also noted the public remarks from a police investigator for the case that ‘people who lead this type of lifestyle need to be aware that this will happen’."

That's a horrible thing to say in light of such a horrific murder! What, all of the LGBT community should expect to be decapitated and burned by anyone they meet? Horrible. I think he should have to issue an apology to the family as well, that's a truly insensitive thing to say. You don't say to a rape victim's family "Well, you know, she was wearing a low-cut shirt that night. She should have expected it" It's wrong, hurtful, and uncalled for.

~Where death is I am not, where I am death is not, so we never meet~

I'd rather die terrified

than live forever.
We will all die so gloriously, that having ever lived will seem like folly.
-Asofterworld

Send a message via MSN to WhySoSerious?  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Mindsend Offline
Forever in Reverie
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: L.

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 20th 2009, 01:38 AM

I'm afraid that I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said.
This just isn't fair or right in any way.

I'm very sorry you had to endure such pain, Jorge.

And the air is thin and it blows through your skin,
and you feel like something is about to begin.
But you don't know what and you don't know when,
so you tear at your hair and you scratch at your skin

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Gay Teen Decapitated And Burned In Puerto Rico - November 20th 2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Pagan also noted the public remarks from a police investigator for the case that ‘people who lead this type of lifestyle need to be aware that this will happen’.
See I read that in a different way. It could be that he's saying that LGBT people need to be aware that this sort of thing will happen in a country with homophobic issues and that they need to take precautions to keep safer and be more cautious. Which is perfectly true.
I'm not going to condemn the police inspector for a statement with an ambiguous meaning.

But yeah, poor teen.

Closed Thread