TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dear diary Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy

mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 22nd 2009, 02:16 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, the woman accused of selling her 5-year-old daughter, Shaniya Davis, into sexual slavery before the girl was murdered, has got an unnerving surprise. She's pregnant again and carrying the baby while sitting in a North Carolina prison and awaiting a potential trial.

Thus far, Antoinette Davis has been charged with human trafficking. Arrest documents said she "knowingly provide[d] Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit[ted] an act of prostitution." Fayetteville, N.C. police have not yet said if those charges will be amended to include murder.

Shaniya Davis was found dead Monday as searchers discovered the girl's body off a rural road in Sanford, N.C., around 30 miles from her Fayetteville home. The discovery brought a gruesome end to a week-long search carried about by hundreds of officers and volunteers. Antoinette Davis reported her daughter missing Nov. 10.

News of Antoinette Davis' pregnancy comes from her aunt, Leona Cromertie, who also said Sunday that her niece has a second child who is now seven.

(Family Photo/WRAL-TV)

Photo: Shaniya Davis.

PICTURES: Shaniya Davis, Murdered "Angel"

Cromertie, who believes in her niece's innocence, says that Antoinette Davis, 25, was dating Clarence D. Coe at the time, the man whom Antoinette Davis initially accused of kidnapping Shaniya Davis, according to The Fayetteville Observer.

Police investigated Coe, but he was quickly let go as hotel surveillance video surfaced last Tuesday showing another man, Mario Andrette McNeill, carrying Shaniya Davis through a hallway of the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford, N.C., about 40 minutes from Raleigh.

McNeill, 29, has so far been charged with kidnapping. Police claim he admitted taking the girl, but his lawyer, Allen Rogers, said he will plead not guilty. Either way, Fayetteville police said he was of no help in finding Shaniya Davis.

On Monday, Antoinette Davis was calm and quiet during a court appearance. She provided one-word answers to the judge's questions. She requested a court-appointed attorney and did not enter a plea.

Her sister, Brenda Davis, 20, said she does not believe the charges.

"I don't believe she could hurt her children," said Brenda Davis, who spoke with her sister at the jail Sunday. Antoinette Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said the mother had two jobs and would never harm the child.

(AP Photo/Fayetteville Police Dept)

Photo: Police say hotel surveillance video shows Shaniya Davis being carried away Tuesday Nov. 10.

PICTURES: Shaniya Davis Found Dead

Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance declined to talk about additional charges. She also wouldn't comment on a cause of death or the condition of Shaniya's body.

Antoinette Davis only recently took custody of Shaniya Davis, according to the child's father Bradley Lockhart, who said he raised her for the first four years of her life.

Lockhart described his relationship with Davis as a "one-night stand" and said he did not know McNeill.

Davis struggled financially over the years, but she recently got a job and her own place, so Lockhart said he decided to give her a chance with their daughter.

...this makes me so sick. sooo sick.

I make mistakes, that's what I do.
I speak without thinking,
Act without knowing,
I drink so much I can barely walk,
I'm a fantastic lover though,
& amazing friend.
God knows I mean well.

Last edited by Casey.; November 23rd 2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Marked as Triggering

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 22nd 2009, 02:39 AM

I saw this in Oprah. It's so sad poor little girl
I feel bad for the dad.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 22nd 2009, 10:38 AM

This makes me feel seriously uneasy...
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 22nd 2009, 10:10 PM

People in this world are so cruel. This makes me sad

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dear diary Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 01:42 AM

it's horrible. the father was a mess. i just can not believe any man would want to touch a little girl like that. ugh. if anyone evvver touched my niece like that, ugh i'd go insane. the picture of the man holding her waiting for the elvator makes me want to cry.

I make mistakes, that's what I do.
I speak without thinking,
Act without knowing,
I drink so much I can barely walk,
I'm a fantastic lover though,
& amazing friend.
God knows I mean well.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lurk Offline
Not a n00b

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 01:51 AM

Ouch. >_<

This is why I avoid reading the news...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 02:10 AM

This is when I hope something horrible happens to the mom in jail. Because something bad will probably happen to her when people find out why she's in.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 03:18 AM

This is really sad, the poor child. I hope the mum does not get to keep the other children.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 04:23 AM

This makes me so sick to my stomach.. How could anyone do something like this

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#10 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: mother sells 5 yr old daughter into sexual slavery. - November 23rd 2009, 04:51 AM

This makes me sick. I work with children on a daily basis and I just don't understand how someone could hurt a child. I hope that mother rots in jail.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
Closed Thread