TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 19th 2010, 06:29 PM

So I am steamed right now after watching This video of Israel's ambassador at University of California Irvine. A guest, that they invited to speak, ends up being heckled and jeered at by Muslim students in an attempt to suppress his right to free speech (talking about peace between Israel/middle east). I have never seen such a despicable display of disrespect, and frankly it is the highest of embarrassment for the university, as you can see in the video, people from the university were humiliated by these student's lack of respect and out of control behaviour.

And it makes my blood boil that not only are these students disrespectful, and disturbingly rude, and out of control-- but the fact that they are 'anti-Israel.'

I will not sugar coat the fact that I find that view to be one of the most ill informed, blindsided, ignorant, miserable excuses for an opinion to ever hit the earth. And here is why:

Here is a list of Israeli accomplishments:
Quote:
Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can lay claim to the following:

Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.

Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin - 109 per 10,000 people - as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.

Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.

Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.

With an aerial arsenal of over 250 F-16s, Israel has the largest fleet of the aircraft outside of the US.

Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.

On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech start-ups.

Twenty-four percent of Israel's workforce holds university degrees - ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland - and 12 percent hold advanced degrees.

Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.

In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia to safety in Israel.

When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world's second elected female leader in modern times.

When the U. S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day - and saved three victims from the rubble.

Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship - and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 - in the world.

Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity.

Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as "conflict free."

According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry's most impenetrable flight security. U. S. officials now look to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.

In 1991, during the Gulf War, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra played a concert wearing gas masks as scud missiles fired by Saddam Hussein fell on Tel Aviv.

Israel has the world's second highest per capita of new books.

Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was achieved in an area considered mainly desert.

Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.

Medicine... Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized,no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.

An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper

administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.

Israel's Givun imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.

Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.

Technology... With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).

In response to serious water shortages, Israeli engineers and agriculturalists developed a revolutionary drip irrigation system to minimize the amount of water used to grow crops.

Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.

Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U. S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.

Most of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel.

The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.

Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.

Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.

The AOL Instant Messenger was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.

A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device,produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct - all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.

An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern California's Mojave desert."

All the above while engaged in regular wars with an implacable enemy that seeks its destruction, and an economy continuously under strain by having to spend more per capita on its own protection than any other country on earth. This from a country just 55 years young having started off life on a very frontiers-like basis, whose population had mostly just emerged from the devastating World War II years.
Now I hope you realise that SO MANY things we use not only every day, but in military and in medicine would not exist if not for this little, amazing country. Anti-Israel people are completely uninformed. Anti-Israel? Well, maybe you should boycott them-- boycott 30% of all medicines, including flu vaccines, dispose of microsoft windows computers (most invented by MS-Israel!), oh wait Pentium chip was invented by Israel too-- so throw out your computer!, do away with voicemail, because that was invented by Israel, as well, stop using AOL/instant messaging because they made that also, and last but not least, get rid of your cell phone-- because Motorola-Israel invented cell phones.

Quote:
The difference between Muslims and Jews…
The Global Islamic population is approximately 1,200,000,000

ONE BILLION TWO HUNDRED MILLION or 20% of the world's population.

They have received the following Nobel Prizes:


Literature:

1988 - Najib Mahfooz

Peace:

1978 - Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat
1994 - Yaser Arafat:
1990 - Elias James Corey
1999 - Ahmed Zewai


Economics: (zero)


Physics: (zero)


Medicine:

1960 - Peter Brian Medawar
1998 - Ferid Mourad
TOTAL: 7 SEVEN

_________________________________________

The Global Jewish population is approximately 14,000,000
Only FOURTEEN MILLION or about 0.02% of the world's population.

They have received the following Nobel Prizes:

Literature:

1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
1991 - Nadine Gordimer World

Peace:

1911 - Alfred Fried
1911 - Tobias Michael Carel Asser
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin

Physics:

1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1910 - Otto Wallach
1915 - Richard Willstaetter
1918 - Fritz Haber
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloch
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
1965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1972 - William Howard Stein
1973 - Brian David Joseph son
1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
1976 - Burton Richter
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
1978 - P eter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1979 - Herbert Charles Brown
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Albert A. Hauptman
1985 - Jerome Karle
1986 - Dudley R.=2 0 Herschbach
1988 - Robert Huber
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
1989 - Sidney Altman
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1995 - Martin Perl
2000 - Alan J. Heeger

Economics:

1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Robert Fogel

Medicine:

1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1944 - Herb ert Spencer Gasser
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1952 - Selman Abraham Waksman
1953 - Hans Krebs
1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jacob
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
1975 - Howard Martin Temin
1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
1977 - Roselyn Sussman Yalow
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
TOTAL: 129 ONE HUNDRED TWENTY NINE!


The Jews are NOT promoting brain washing children in military training camps, teaching them how to blow themselves up and cause maximum deaths of Jews and other non Muslims!

The Jews don't hijack planes, nor kill athletes at the Olympics, or blow themselves up in German restaurants. There is NOT one single Jew who has destroyed a church. There is NOT a single Jew who protests by killing people.


The Jews don't traffic slaves, nor have leaders calling for Jihad and death to all the Infidels.

Perhaps the world's Muslims should consider investing more in standard education and less in blaming the Jews for all their problems.


Muslims must ask 'what can they do for humankind' before they demand that humankind respects them!!


Regardless of your feelings about the crisis between Israel and the Palestinians and Arab neighbors, even if you believe there is more culpability on Israel 's part, the following two sentences really say it all:

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.

If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel.

Benjamin Netanyahu


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 19th 2010, 11:06 PM

I think I would have opposed Israel 50 years ago, when it was established at the expense of other people. But now, after so many people have settled and whatever, I am starting to feel like it would be just as bad if we gave the land back to the Palestinians and kicked all the Israelis out.

Israel also gets a ton of money from the US, which kind of lessens some of their accomplishments. But I don't really disagree with you.


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 01:25 AM

u can really compare israel to the midle east because while other nations in the middle east have been victims of countless conflicts israel has been fairly safe Yea they have had a lot of wars but with nations like the us looking out for them pumping them with $ they have had the opurtunity to expand that many other new nations only wish they could of had


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
u can really compare israel to the midle east because while other nations in the middle east have been victims of countless conflicts israel has been fairly safe Yea they have had a lot of wars but with nations like the us looking out for them pumping them with $ they have had the opurtunity to expand that many other new nations only wish they could of had
Many of the conflicts the mid east have been 'victims' of is because they attack Israel.
War For Independence
6-Day War
Yom Kippur War

And those are only a few examples of war in the past 50 years that the other mid east countries have brought upon themselves. Attacking Israel on all boarders (of course, unsuccessfully).

Israel has vast conflicts every single day. Kasaam rockets flying through the boarders into hospitals from Hamas, Iran threatening to "wipe them off the map", etc, etc

And for a long time the US was "pumping money" to the Palestinian in aid, and Palestinians are the largest per capita recipients of foreign aid in the entire world. So that has little to do with anything except bringing up the point of where does the money go. TONS of those funds towards the utter destruction of Israel. Rockets, bombs-- so much of it ends up in extremist hands. And that is exactly why they are quite possibly not receiving as much money as they had in the past; Countries are starting to hesitate to fund them when they spend so much of it on violence and radicalism.


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 05:25 AM

I hold a deep hatred of Israel, not the Israeli people, I am not racist, but I believe the Palestinians deserve their land back. The UN said "We have all these Jews in Europe, let's shove them into the Middle East and call it closed". They were just trying to shove the problem to somebody else, and the poor Palestinians had their land stolen because of it.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
I hold a deep hatred of Israel, not the Israeli people, I am not racist, but I believe the Palestinians deserve their land back. The UN said "We have all these Jews in Europe, let's shove them into the Middle East and call it closed". They were just trying to shove the problem to somebody else, and the poor Palestinians had their land stolen because of it.


I might as well just copy-paste a previous post I made addressing your irrational, misinformed interpretation because obviously you did not read it before:

Returning? It was never theirs. It was British owned territory that they chose to settle on, that Jews had lived for thousands of years (Bible? Jerusalem?).

Regardless, what possible reason would we have to grant them the land that they have so long abused? Because they send rockets into Israeli hospitals? Because they strap suicide bombs to four year olds? Because their mothers are proud of their children that commit suicide to 'kill a Jew?'

I agree that there are innocent people there, in some respects, but there is the option to live together, in peace-- yet the Palestinians will not allow for that. They instead, choose to elect a militant government (Hamas) whose sole goal is to terrorize and eradicate the Israelis, because they want all the land to themselves. Keep in mind that Israel could completely and utterly cut off all of their facilities (electricity, water, etc) whenever they wanted. They virtually sustain their bitter enemies, yet they are humane and civil enough to attempt to live peacefully alongside them-- again, the Palestinians, however, will not allow for such negotiations. Israel could also wipe them out in a second, but chooses not to.

It was a safe haven for Jews, a people who have been persecuted throughout history, and continue to be persecuted today. How is it 'blatant' that they 'caused this?' It is the Palestinians who refuse to coexist. If they did not launch kassam rockets over the boarder daily, perhaps it would be a peaceful, shared land.

Why on earth do the Palestinians -deserve- it. Should America be eradicated of its inhabitants for the natives? I mean, America actually pushed the indians out of their country, whereas the Jews were just put in BACK in Israel by UN, thus they did no pushing of Palestinians. And the Palestinians... DESERVE it? You can't be serious. Why? The rockets they send daily over the boarder? How about Farfour? Bombs strapped to four year olds? Blowing up hospitals?


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
Many of the conflicts the mid east have been 'victims' of is because they attack Israel.
War For Independence
6-Day War
Yom Kippur War

And those are only a few examples of war in the past 50 years that the other mid east countries have brought upon themselves. Attacking Israel on all boarders (of course, unsuccessfully).

Israel has vast conflicts every single day. Kasaam rockets flying through the boarders into hospitals from Hamas, Iran threatening to "wipe them off the map", etc, etc

And for a long time the US was "pumping money" to the Palestinian in aid, and Palestinians are the largest per capita recipients of foreign aid in the entire world. So that has little to do with anything except bringing up the point of where does the money go. TONS of those funds towards the utter destruction of Israel. Rockets, bombs-- so much of it ends up in extremist hands. And that is exactly why they are quite possibly not receiving as much money as they had in the past; Countries are starting to hesitate to fund them when they spend so much of it on violence and radicalism.
the wars against israel r there own damn fault and they aint ecxactly innocent israel soldiers often use palistine civillians as human shields then operating in hostile areas and for that i say they deserve to be bombed


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
the wars against israel r there own damn fault and they aint ecxactly innocent israel soldiers often use palistine civillians as human shields then operating in hostile areas and for that i say they deserve to be bombed
That's not true in the slightest. Israel goes to extreme lengths to minimise civilian casualties with various tactics such as phoning the area they want to bomb in advance to give warning of the attack so that civilians will not be caught in it and by dropping leaflets warning civilians. They have to do this because the media picks up on anything the Israeli soldiers do wrong, and it often results in the death of their own troops because they sacrifice the element of surprise to save civilian lives.

Now, contrast that with how Hamas works. I feel you must be confused as Hamas is well known for using civilians as human sheilds not Israel. Hamas has been known to place civilians on the roof tops of buildings they are inside so Israel can't bomb them, they have been known to hide in schools and hospitals to shoot rockets at israelis so that if they fire back Israel gets bad press for shooting at a hospital. Hamas are the people who use human shields, not israel.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 04:28 PM

actually it is true it was never really covered in mainstream press due to the fact that ppl wont admit that israel does bad things yes they got the idea from hamas but its was uniformed soldiers doing it not rebel fighters having a civillian enter a building 10-15 feet infront of them in case the door was rigged to blow the israelis stole a country hell if i was a Palestinians and my counrty was taken from me id fight to the end to kill the invaders ppl never hear the whole story u hear of how hamas groups take israeli prisioners and send rockets into there cities u dont hear of how israeli soldiers had done the same a few months prior that entire battle is tit for tat every action is in response to what the other side has done but when u only hear of the evils one 1 side u assume the other must be just that war is not good vs evil its evil vs worse and at this point u cant really say who is more corrupt we all hear about bombing we dont hear about israeli death squad(not a joke they do exist kinda like american delta untis) running black out missions on entire city blocks because they believe a hamas leader might be hiding there
the israeli army is taught that any1 with a gun is the enemy but if ur home was invaded by soldiers wouldnt u want a gun?


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
actually it is true it was never really covered in mainstream press due to the fact that ppl wont admit that israel does bad things
You can't be serious? The news outlets LOVE to tell us everything Israel does wrong to the smallest detail, there is a serious "fuck Israel" bandwagon going around in the media at the moment. They know the public love to dump on Israel so they supply the stories. Remember the whole "Israel shoots ambulances" story that went around and a lot of people still believe, well that whole thing was later found to be completely fabricated.

Quote:
yes they got the idea from hamas but its was uniformed soldiers doing it not rebel fighters having a civillian enter a building 10-15 feet infront of them in case the door was rigged to blow the israelis stole a country hell if i was a Palestinians and my counrty was taken from me id fight to the end to kill the invaders ppl never hear the whole story
Israel didn't steal a country. Lets look at what stealing actually is. Legally theft is defined as the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it.

Now, lets break that down. Did they appropriate property? Yes. Did it belong to another? Yes, however it belonged to the British not the Palestinians. Did they do so dishonestly? No, they went through the correct process. The Palestinians have no claim, the Israelis were given the land by the British perfectly legally. Jews have always lived there throughout history. Not to mention the various massacres of Jews in that area before they were given a legally legitimate state of their own, I am of course refering to such incidents as the (1929) Safed, (1948) Kfar Etzion, (1938) Tiberias and (1929) Hebron massacres.

Therefore, they did not steal any land, it was given to them and the general anti-semitic war against the newly created state of Israel in 1948 caused the UN to set new ceasefire borders which

Quote:
u hear of how hamas groups take israeli prisioners and send rockets into there cities u dont hear of how israeli soldiers had done the same a few months prior that entire battle is tit for tat every action is in response to what the other side has done but when u only hear of the evils one 1 side u assume the other must be just that war is not good vs evil its evil vs worse
As above, the media tells you pretty much everything bad that Israel does. Israel is simply defending itself. Imagine if Mexico started firing rockets into America, sending suicide bombers over and massacring American civilians. The whole country would be in out-rage and America would bomb Mexico to glass. Israel has been pretty damn restrained, they rarely respond to attacks (they happen so often, how could they respond to all of them?) and when they do they take EXTREME care to minimise civilian casualties even if Hizbu-'llāh try to get as many civilians caught up in it as possible.

Every military force has soldiers who do bad things occasionally, that does not make it the general policy of that military force to do bad things. Israel, as a miltary force, has one of the best track records of this contemporary era. You say they're worse than Hizbu-'llāh or Hamas then I think you've not looked very closely at Hamas or Hizbu-'llāh, their methods, ideology and actions.

Not to mention that Israel is responsible for large amounts of economic and social infrastructure in Palestine, without them they would have less hospitals, schools and other necessary buildings and materials. Just look at all of Israels vast achievements listed above, how can you say they are worse than terrorists?

Quote:
and at this point u cant really say who is more corrupt we all hear about bombing we dont hear about israeli death squad(not a joke they do exist kinda like american delta untis) running black out missions on entire city blocks because they believe a hamas leader might be hiding there
What's a "black out mission" do you mean they cut the power to city blocks and then go in to find the leader? If so, what's wrong with that? Or do you mean they level entire city blocks but do it off the books?

Quote:
the israeli army is taught that any1 with a gun is the enemy but if ur home was invaded by soldiers wouldnt u want a gun?
If I was firing at someone elses home from my home I wouldn't be shocked if they fired back. It's pure common sense.

It sounds like your determined to hate Israel but don't try to rationalise it.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 09:00 PM

i have no hate for israel my closest friend works for a private military until over there funded by the israeli gov thats y i see there military as evil ive been told not by news outlets or books as u have but by a man fighting over there of the evils they get away with
now lets look at ur point about defense yes if mexico attacked the us we would be right to fight them but if we had kicked them out of there homes even if we claimed to be justified in doing so they would be right to attack thats the point im making israeli troops may have had the go ahead from britain but they still forced ppl out of there homes to take that land and when it boils down u cant really blame sum1 for defending there homeland


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Power Cosmic's Avatar
 
Name: Janos
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Posts: 3,922
Blog Entries: 225
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 10:31 PM

In conclusion, war sucks, everyone should pull their ego out of their arses and get along. It's nothing to do with religion, just humanity and general and how we're all determined to slaughter each other =/




"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

  Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's a "black out mission" do you mean they cut the power to city blocks and then go in to find the leader? If so, what's wrong with that? Or do you mean they level entire city blocks but do it off the books?
a black out mission is a highly illegal form of black ops where u send specialized teams of ghosts(soldiers who can enter and leave an area without leaving any evidence they were ever there) into an area to kill every1 in a certain area ull never hear about them because they do not officially exsist the agents r given usually a picture of there target and there believed location and after that the governing body looks the other way black out missions r done with 0 collateral damage and the only ppl who saw them enter r killed


imagine ur sitting at ur apartment suddenly the door opens and a soldier puts 3 rounds in ur chest b4 u can react the soldier then picks up his brass and leaves as if he was never there witnesses are all killed so no1 can say who did it


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
a black out mission is a highly illegal form of black ops where u send specialized teams of ghosts(soldiers who can enter and leave an area without leaving any evidence they were ever there) into an area to kill every1 in a certain area ull never hear about them because they do not officially exsist the agents r given usually a picture of there target and there believed location and after that the governing body looks the other way black out missions r done with 0 collateral damage and the only ppl who saw them enter r killed


imagine ur sitting at ur apartment suddenly the door opens and a soldier puts 3 rounds in ur chest b4 u can react the soldier then picks up his brass and leaves as if he was never there witnesses are all killed so no1 can say who did it
Well then that's fine. What's wrong with that? If they can take out a Hez'bollah leader without any collateral civillian deaths then good for them. They're killing an individual in a way which minimises innocent loss of life.

Not only that but they're targeting an individual that very much deserves it.

And if there are never any witnesses or evidence or survivors then how do you know Israel does it?
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 20th 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well then that's fine. What's wrong with that? If they can take out a Hez'bollah leader without any collateral civillian deaths then good for them. They're killing an individual in a way which minimises innocent loss of life.

Not only that but they're targeting an individual that very much deserves it.

And if there are never any witnesses or evidence or survivors then how do you know Israel does it?
the reason there are no witnesses is because they kill every1 involved if ur brother is the target they kill him you your family as well as any1 who saw them in the area. and as i said theese missions are carried out by private soldiers being employed by the israeli gov. and as i said in a previous message a close friend of mine worked in israel for a private military group )he has now been tranfered to another country in the middle east (he can only tell us where hes been after his missions there are complete and even then all names and specific missions run are highly classified)


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

Last edited by l0stCause; February 21st 2010 at 01:41 AM.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while
********
 
Heretic's Avatar
 
Name: [060191.1723]
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: 43.337557, -89.638498

Posts: 1,695
Blog Entries: 9
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Anti-Israel, Anti-Intellect - February 21st 2010, 01:26 AM

The accomplishments listed by the O.P. mean nothing in the minds of Israel's "enemies", because their fight with Israel isn't political, technological, or economical. It's theological. Theology is at the base of the Middle East conflict, which is unfortunate, since it's also the most solidified base of disagreement, and therefore the most difficult to defuse. You have to remember that in matters of religious wars, everyone "knows" that their beliefs are "right".


Ethos
Pathos
Logos

050516.0029
  Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
antiintellect, antiisrael

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.