TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
CROSSBOW Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
CROSSBOW's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,808
Join Date: January 7th 2009

This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 04:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFdz5PYvRg


Obama pays my welfare lady How does obama get all that money to pay you??


thoughts?


  Send a message via AIM to CROSSBOW  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,741
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:13 PM

I know more about welfare than she does and I don't even live there.... I love how she blames people that make too much money.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,945
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:24 PM

I can't watch Youtude, but I will say that there are A LOT of people who cheat the system and like to get welfare yet are perfectly able to work.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Gixxers rock's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Location: Calgary

Posts: 392
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
I can't watch Youtude, but I will say that there are A LOT of people who cheat the system and like to get welfare yet are perfectly able to work.
Not the issue in this case.

The radio host is quite an agressive fellow isn't he. It was funny though when she said she was on welfare.


I am the Stig's brother in law.


Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,380
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:36 PM

Its the same over here in the Uk, people who can work are on Benifits and scrounging off everyone else.
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,945
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxers rock View Post
Not the issue in this case.
What is the issue like I said I can't watch the piece.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
CROSSBOW Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
CROSSBOW's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,808
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 05:55 PM

This lady talks about people make a lot of money and they shouln't be allowed, because shes jealous is what i got from it and she talks about welfare checks coming out of obamas pocket.. which everyone knows it comes out of tax payers pockets.


  Send a message via AIM to CROSSBOW  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,945
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 06:03 PM

Well OK I agree that there ARE some people who are overpaid like CEOS and the like that unfairly use their position to take the company's money and not pay their employees like they should;HOWEVER, in this country the money you make is based on hard work. If I work hard and work my way up in rank in say a company by getting more education, are loyal ECT. then I deserve to get paid more.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
CROSSBOW Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
CROSSBOW's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,808
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
Well OK I agree that there ARE some people who are overpaid like CEOS and the like that unfairly use their position to take the company's money and not pay their employees like they should;HOWEVER, in this country the money you make is based on hard work. If I work hard and work my way up in rank in say a company by getting more education, are loyal ECT. then I deserve to get paid more.
Ceos have a right to run the company how they please?


  Send a message via AIM to CROSSBOW  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,945
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers View Post


Ceos have a right to run the company how they please?
to a certain point, just like any other businessperson; however, they need to keep in mind their employees and be fair or else many of their employees would leave or either HATE their jobs to no end.

At the same time an employer SHOULD pay an employee what he/she is due and if that employee works harder or is more educated ECT he/she should get more than one who is less educated or does not work quite as hard,
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,741
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers View Post

Ceos have a right to run the company how they please?
Yes, why should you get paid the same as someone who didn't go to school? The CEO worked hard to get to the position and deserves it.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,021
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 06:38 PM

Oh there's worse There's a guy over here who's suspected by police of being a drug dealer, but since they have no evidence they can do little about it and he is currently receiving standard unemployment benefits. What's more, he claims it is with this he paid for a horse-drawn cinderella carriage for his daughter's confirmation I wish I could find the article, it's pure hilarious...
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Superman
I've been here a while
********
 
Zyzz's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 1,007
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post


Yes, why should you get paid the same as someone who didn't go to school? The CEO worked hard to get to the position and deserves it.
what if the person that didnt go to school does better at the job then someone that had an education. because ive seen people that dont go to school know more about a business then the person that went to school?

it should be more on how well they work and know the line of work over the education they had
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,380
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
Oh there's worse There's a guy over here who's suspected by police of being a drug dealer, but since they have no evidence they can do little about it and he is currently receiving standard unemployment benefits. What's more, he claims it is with this he paid for a horse-drawn cinderella carriage for his daughter's confirmation I wish I could find the article, it's pure hilarious...

My Ribs cracked with luaghter
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,741
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.sexyface View Post
what if the person that didnt go to school does better at the job then someone that had an education. because ive seen people that dont go to school know more about a business then the person that went to school?

it should be more on how well they work and know the line of work over the education they had
I've seen people like that too but you can't really get a good job without an education or if you know "someone" I know a person working in a industrial company that only finished high school and took one week course of AutoCAD he corrects all the mistakes of the engineers but face it he got that job because of connections other than that you do need school.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,287
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 19th 2010, 09:18 PM

Most people with high paying jobs had to work for them. While there are some people who inherit companies from their parents, this is a very small group. Most people have to work hard in school to become a doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc. If you're upset that you don't have a high paying job maybe you should try working for it.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 20th 2010, 06:48 AM

See, I think people like Athletes and Celebrities make WAY too much money for what they do, and don't give enough back to the people who made them the figures they become.

Anyways... On-topic, this woman is an idiot. She's just... Fucking stupid. I mean, she has this idea that people who work hard don't pay enough taxes for her to not work? That ILLEGAL ALIENS, who get jobs that pay UNDER-THE-TABLE since they can't legally be put on a payroll without citizenship, PAY TAXES?! Seriously?!?

The host was right when he said she must've come from the lowest point of the gene pool.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,382
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 20th 2010, 11:42 AM

That made me laugh so hard. And pity her small brain. And him for having his staff etc let her on the show.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 20th 2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
See, I think people like Athletes and Celebrities make WAY too much money for what they do
According to who? Certainly not the people paying them, which is all that matters unless you're gonna try and tell me the subjective theory of value is wrong and wave around some rehashed version of the long refuted LTV.

Having said that, when it comes to athletes, one could argue they are overpaid thanks to the government subsidy of things such as stadiums, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
and don't give enough back to the people who made them the figures they become.
Like who?
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,038
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 20th 2010, 03:17 PM

What bothers me most about her and her ilk is that people like Frosty can hold her up as an example of the evils of welfare and socialism and blah blah blah. I care much less about the greedy poor, harmless as they are, than the greedy powerful.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
According to who? Certainly not the people paying them, which is all that matters unless you're gonna try and tell me the subjective theory of value is wrong and wave around some rehashed version of the long refuted LTV.

Having said that, when it comes to athletes, one could argue they are overpaid thanks to the government subsidy of things such as stadiums, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.
Seriously? Keep in mind, Celebrities and Athletes are paid too much because really, do you think it's necessary for, as an example, Charlie Sheen to get $1.2 Million per EPISODE of "Two and a Half Men", And considering that an average season for a show has about 24 episodes, if I'm not mistaken, thats $25 Million a year. Now, when there are people just barely getting by, who do things that are necessity (i.e. tradespeople BUILDING the studios these celebrities work in, or the stadiums that Athletes play games in), compared to Celebrities or Athletes doing things that, in reality, can be done by other people who get little to no money for the same things... You seriously think that doesn't say anything? There are perfectly capable athletes, actors, singers, etc. who don't get recognition, or much (if ANY) pay, because they're not popular. They don't deserve the ridiculous amounts of money they get, when it could go towards so much better. They pretend to care about the Third-World countries, yet how often do they donate decent amounts? If they donate a thousand or so a year, when they make $1M per TV show episode, thats really not much. And newsflash, other rich people agree. Proof!

Keep in mind, the fans make someone who they are. If a celebrity didn't have fans, they wouldn't be a celebrity. They wouldn't be in the public eye, thus their shows/movies/CDs/concerts/sporting events wouldn't be attended/purchased, thus they wouldn't be making the money they do. So, yes, their fans make them. And what do they do back? Usually, not much, if anything. There are even celebrities out there who completely snub their fans. For example, Will Ferrel has treated his fans like pieces of shit when they wanted a simple autograph. They're not willing to sign autographs for fans, they're not willing to donate much, if any, money, and yet they live in mansions that are unnecessarily big, have multiple vehicles when they only drive one, buy pretentious clothes (like, $1000 suits?! REALLY?!?), and just, so many unnecessary things. When even in their own countries, there are people just barely scraping by, people starving, foster homes of sub-par condition, homeless people, sick and injured people, etc., they're buying crap thats ridiculous.

But I mean, if you think thats acceptable, get off the internet. Seriously, Bill Gates, who popularized the internet and made it a public commodity, even thinks rich people should be more willing to help out others.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Online
Optimistic Witch :)

Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Name: Lizzie
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 3,819
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 03:38 AM

Clearly this women has no understanding about how things like borders, taxes, welfare or even governments, in particular our government works. She is pretty misguided in her thinking and doesn’t make much sense. And it makes me sad to think that my hard earned money goes to her.



Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for six years::
~Blessed Be~

   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Seriously? Keep in mind, Celebrities and Athletes are paid too much because really, do you think it's necessary for, as an example, Charlie Sheen to get $1.2 Million per EPISODE of "Two and a Half Men", And considering that an average season for a show has about 24 episodes, if I'm not mistaken, thats $25 Million a year. Now, when there are people just barely getting by, who do things that are necessity (i.e. tradespeople BUILDING the studios these celebrities work in, or the stadiums that Athletes play games in), compared to Celebrities or Athletes doing things that, in reality, can be done by other people who get little to no money for the same things... You seriously think that doesn't say anything?
The fact that people voluntarily trade those sums of money for their services proves that they are worth that much. This is really basic economics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
There are perfectly capable athletes, actors, singers, etc. who don't get recognition, or much (if ANY) pay, because they're not popular.
They don't get the pay because noone is willing to pay them that much i.e. they aren't worth that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
They don't deserve the ridiculous amounts of money they get, when it could go towards so much better.
If it could go somewhere better, why isn't it? That simple observation shows there isn't anywhere "better", because if there was, why wouldn't people use the money elsewhere? They don't because they value other things less highly (subjective value again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
They pretend to care about the Third-World countries, yet how often do they donate decent amounts? If they donate a thousand or so a year, when they make $1M per TV show episode, thats really not much.
What's your point? Now it sounds less like you're trying to prove the initial point I disagreed with, and more like you're just taking the opportunity to rant about hypocritical celebrities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
And newsflash, other rich people agree. Proof!
Agree with what? You're irrelevant rant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Keep in mind, the fans make someone who they are. If a celebrity didn't have fans, they wouldn't be a celebrity. They wouldn't be in the public eye, thus their shows/movies/CDs/concerts/sporting events wouldn't be attended/purchased, thus they wouldn't be making the money they do. So, yes, their fans make them. And what do they do back? Usually, not much, if anything. There are even celebrities out there who completely snub their fans. For example, Will Ferrel has treated his fans like pieces of shit when they wanted a simple autograph. They're not willing to sign autographs for fans, they're not willing to donate much, if any, money, and yet they live in mansions that are unnecessarily big, have multiple vehicles when they only drive one, buy pretentious clothes (like, $1000 suits?! REALLY?!?), and just, so many unnecessary things. When even in their own countries, there are people just barely scraping by, people starving, foster homes of sub-par condition, homeless people, sick and injured people, etc., they're buying crap thats ridiculous.
Again, this is basic economics, the fact that people are prepared to give them all that money in itself proves that they give their fans more than the fans pay them, because if they didn't, why would the fans pay them? To illustrate, let's say I'm a rock star, and I put out a CD. Now let's say that you pay $30 for my CD. You can rant on and on about how I'm a massive douche who doesn't sign autographs for you, but the very fact that you payed for the CD shows that you valued what I have you (the content of the CD) more than what you gave me (the $30).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
But I mean, if you think thats acceptable, get off the internet. Seriously, Bill Gates, who popularized the internet and made it a public commodity, even thinks rich people should be more willing to help out others.
That's as absurd an idea as saying I should never watch a movie again because *insert big producer who played a big role in the foundation of Hollywood* doesn't agree with my political views.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 08:19 AM

Frosty, you've proved nothing about your point. Nothing.

But, I'm done with this. I've realized, much like multiple users on TH, that you're sheerly looking arguments on here. Seems to be your thing.

No idea why, could be something superficial, could be something psychological.

I'm done playing your game. Now, don't reply to me.

Back on topic...
Lizzie, maybe welfare should pay for the woman to get educated.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Frosty, you've proved nothing about your point. Nothing.
Which is clearly evidenced by your excellent refutation of all the points I made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
But, I'm done with this. I've realized, much like multiple users on TH, that you're sheerly looking arguments on here. Seems to be your thing.

No idea why, could be something superficial, could be something psychological.
SOMEONE LOOKING FOR DEBATES!?!? ON A DEBATES BOARD!?!? WHATEVER SHALL WE DO!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
I'm done playing your game. Now, don't reply to me.
My game? You mean my "game" of bringing up points you can't address?

And I'll reply to whatever I like. You don't get to come onto a board dedicated to debates and decide who gets to address points you raise. Nor on such a forum can you just wait around for the mods to close it to avoid the debate at hand.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
SOMEONE LOOKING FOR DEBATES!?!? ON A DEBATES BOARD!?!? WHATEVER SHALL WE DO!?!?
OMG SOMEONE STARTING A DEBATE ON EVERY SINGLE THREAD TO COMPENSATE FOR A TINY PENIS? WOW, YOU'RE LIKE 98% OF THE MALE POPULATION UNDER 30 WITH A COMPUTER!

Now, since it's painfully obvious you argue to compensate, THATS the game I'm done with. I'm done with helping you play with your E-Penis.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Ad homenim attack involving speculative remarks about the size of my penis
Seriously? No. You don't get to come on here, post a few poorly thought out statements, refuse to address refutations of them, resort to logical fallacies, then say that I am the one going off topic, "proving nothing" and generally irritating other members.
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Seriously? No. You don't get to come on here, post a few poorly thought out statements, refuse to address refutations of them, resort to logical fallacies, then say that I am the one going off topic, "proving nothing" and generally irritating other members.
I justified my points fine, you went on with inane nonsense, so I ignored you, since you never justify your points and just come on to argue.
End. Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Difference is, the wall is at least useful for something. Others on TH agree. The majority sees it, so its not me, it's you.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
I justified my points fine, you went on with inane nonsense, so I ignored you, since you never justify your points and just come on to argue.
Inane nonsense? All I did was point out the fact that if someone is willing to pay $x for something, than that proves what they are paying for is worth $x to them. That's inane to you? Simple, basic economics is "inane nonsense"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
End. Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Difference is, the wall is at least useful for something. Others on TH agree. The majority sees it, so its not me, it's you.
I'm sure the majority would agree with how amazing an argument it was when you accused me of having a small penis in a debate on welfare.
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Inane nonsense? All I did was point out the fact that if someone is willing to pay $x for something, than that proves what they are paying for is worth $x to them. That's inane to you? Simple, basic economics is "inane nonsense"?
Obviously you don't understand END. So... CDs can be made cheaper, first off, but its greed that makes celebrities overcharge for them. Bands that aren't in the mainstream don't stick their greedy paws right into their fans pockets.

Plus, I'm also not one to pay ridiculous amounts of money for some mainstream asshole to snub their fans. Thus, I don't even apply to your little equation.

It's not "Basic Economics", it's GREED. Celebrities could still be rich even if they cut their CD prices down from $20 to $5!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I'm sure the majority would agree with how amazing an argument it was when you accused me of having a small penis in a debate on welfare.
No, it's not supposed to be an amazing argument. I'm basically stating that you ONLY come on to argue, in EVERY forum. I never see you discuss anything WITHOUT arguing. And your arguments are ridiculous, as others also agree. You think you know everything, but you don't.

So, it's becoming painfully obvious that, since you don't know nearly as much as you think you do (if ANYTHING), but you still argue and won't give up, no matter how wrong you're proven... you're most likely compensating for something.

Now, perhaps if you want to feel an undeserved sense of superiority for being a moron with near Fail-Troll status, you should play World of Warcraft, or any MMO, whether RPG or FPS, filled with stuck-up, pseudo-intellectual teens.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Obviously you don't understand END.
END?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
So... CDs can be made cheaper, first off, but its greed that makes celebrities overcharge for them. Bands that aren't in the mainstream don't stick their greedy paws right into their fans pockets.
I know that CD's can be made cheaper, but that's not the point. You're still not addressing my question. Now, if someone pays $x for a CD, does that or does it not demonstrate that they value the content more then $x?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Plus, I'm also not one to pay ridiculous amounts of money for some mainstream asshole to snub their fans. Thus, I don't even apply to your little equation.
Well incase you're so edgy and alternative you can't even consider yourself buying the CDs of some douchbag artist for the purposes of a simple hypothetical, pretend it's someone else, same situation. What does that imply about how they value what they get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
It's not "Basic Economics", it's GREED. Celebrities could still be rich even if they cut their CD prices down from $20 to $5!
Again, I'm not denying that, nor have I ever done so. It's besides the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
No, it's not supposed to be an amazing argument. I'm basically stating that you ONLY come on to argue, in EVERY forum. I never see you discuss anything WITHOUT arguing. And your arguments are ridiculous, as others also agree. You think you know everything, but you don't.

So, it's becoming painfully obvious that, since you don't know nearly as much as you think you do (if ANYTHING), but you still argue and won't give up, no matter how wrong you're proven... you're most likely compensating for something.
Ever considered I just enjoy debating?

And go ahead and source somewhere I've been refuted. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Now, perhaps if you want to feel an undeserved sense of superiority for being a moron with near Fail-Troll status, you should play World of Warcraft, or any MMO, whether RPG or FPS, filled with stuck-up, pseudo-intellectual teens.
>Argument consists of claiming opponent has a tiny penis
>Accuse opponent of being near-troll.

Or alternatively
>Imply opponent is a nerd who can't do anything other than play MMO's
Even better!
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,382
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 05:37 PM

Oh my freaking god. ArcAngel, this is a debate board. Not a "Make immature remarks about the size of other people's penises" board.
He made valid points, to which you didn't address. Furthermore, you can't just refuse to answer them and tell him to not respond to them.

However, I don't quite agree with the way Frosty dealed with these comments. You stooped to ArcAngel's level a few times.
Then again, I'm not the mod. Just point out the fact *kaching*.

BUT on that CD bit, where you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

I know that CD's can be made cheaper, but that's not the point. You're still not addressing my question. Now, if someone pays $x for a CD, does that or does it not demonstrate that they value the content more then $x?
The reason we pay roughly £7.99 per album is because we have very little choice. Nobody will actually stand up and not buy them, because we just can't live without our music. The music industry has us by the b*lls.

<jab> Feel free to refute my point </jab>
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Allons-y!'s Avatar
 
Name: Charlotte
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Posts: 893
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 07:05 PM

LOL...Am I missing something here? Why is this man so intense? Why does he have a radio show if he can't even begin to listen to an opposing opinion without insulting and attacking everyone? I'm laughing because this is completely ludicrous. No need to attack her so much.

Uh...I'd just like to point out that welfare was created for people who are actually unable to make enough money to support themselves (ideally, these are such people as single mothers with 5 children or something). Yes, there are people who abuse the system. But what systems haven't been abused? There are always people who will do all they can to get something for nothing. The American welfare system has a lot of issues. But all that aside...it's something we should be doing for the less fortunate in our country.

It's easy to be on the other side of this and say "I work hard for my money and all these lazy ____s are just sitting back and collecting welfare." Please raise your hand if you've ever actually BEEN on welfare. It is NOT easy to live off only a welfare check. Okay? No one is out there collecting only welfare checks and living in a penthouse apartment from it. No one. Add in that being in a position where you have no other option but to take money from the government is one of the most humiliating experiences in life. It's not a "happy" event.

She obviously has a lot of things wrong. Probably she's on welfare because she didn't pay enough attention in school, as it seems. But the thing is...far stupider people have committed far more heinous crimes. Far less intelligent people have, by luck, made far more money than she'll ever see. I do agree with what she said about Americans being very greedy. Personally, I don't have a problem with welfare. Even if it is abused by some. The small portion that is taken from our income to pay for it...it's not the difference between life and death. After basic survival needs, there are so many things that matter so much more than money. Who are we to say that someone else doesn't have the right to get enough to eat because we wanted that money to go out and buy x CD or x video or x material item? Wouldn't we appreciate the help of others if we were in such a situation? Wouldn't we want someone to be there for us if we didn't know where the next meal was coming from? I know I would.

Quote:
What bothers me most about her and her ilk is that people like Frosty can hold her up as an example of the evils of welfare and socialism and blah blah blah. I care much less about the greedy poor, harmless as they are, than the greedy powerful.
Yes. Yes.



let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,380
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 07:13 PM

Ok children, calm down. This is a Debate Forum, not a 'Penis comparing' Forum
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I know that CD's can be made cheaper, but that's not the point. You're still not addressing my question. Now, if someone pays $x for a CD, does that or does it not demonstrate that they value the content more then $x?
People are idiots. And the industry takes advantage of that. See, if it weren't for stupid people, the famous people wouldn't HAVE everyone dishing out ridiculous amounts to purchase what they produce. However, if it weren't for stupid people, this conversation wouldn't be going on. It would make life boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Well incase you're so edgy and alternative you can't even consider yourself buying the CDs of some douchbag artist for the purposes of a simple hypothetical, pretend it's someone else, same situation. What does that imply about how they value what they get?
Ah, see, greed changes a person, and a band. So your hypothetical isn't going to work out too well. I've seen bands I used to like get consumed by greed and fame, and their music became soulless, as a product sheerly made for profit. Greed disgusts me, even in music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Again, I'm not denying that, nor have I ever done so. It's besides the point.
Really? Because above, you said they didn't make too much money, and that it was Basic Economics. I said it WASN'T Basic Economics, it's Greed. You claim you agree with that. You contradicted yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Ever considered I just enjoy debating?
Nope. Because if that were the case, I'd hope you do something useful with it. I mean, if you like debating, and belittling other people's views in a borderline facist fashion, Politics is right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
And go ahead and source somewhere I've been refuted. I won't hold my breath.
- Here. You made unjustified claims about nutritions and proteins, I proved you wrong, so you backtracked.
- When you told me it was impossible for me to have a Meat Intolerance, and yet, my doctor diagnosed me with one, after I had bloodwork, an ultrasound, asking me dietary questions, and not to mention the doctor has known me since I was a baby. Her medical opinion, and nutritional opinion, are much more valid than yours.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
>Argument consists of claiming opponent has a tiny penis
>Accuse opponent of being near-troll.

Or alternatively
>Imply opponent is a nerd who can't do anything other than play MMO's
Even better!
Yes, looking back, it was wrong for me to get personal. Mind you, last night was a crap night anyways.
However, the point I was getting to is the fact that you argue way too much, about things that, in reality, don't even concern you (like Vegetarian/Vegan diet, which you have no clue about obviously), it seems like you're trying to compensate. For all I know, could've have a bad home life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnMe View Post
Oh my freaking god. ArcAngel, this is a debate board. Not a "Make immature remarks about the size of other people's penises" board.
He made valid points, to which you didn't address. Furthermore, you can't just refuse to answer them and tell him to not respond to them.

Cute, considering that you don't even know about the other discussions that have gone on between Frosty and I on here. Maybe if you knew the history, you'd understand my points about him making claims with zero evidence, and how I present evidence just for him to continue repeating his views, hoping I'll give in. Get informed, and stop making assumptions. I'm trying to STOP conversing with him since I've been told to stop arguing with him because others agree, hes just here to argue, and rather poorly, might I add.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnMe View Post
The reason we pay roughly £7.99 per album is because we have very little choice. Nobody will actually stand up and not buy them, because we just can't live without our music. The music industry has us by the b*lls.
Just because we pay it, doesn't mean it's not too much. Thats a lousy point to bring up to try and say "No Celebrities DON'T get paid too much", when it's obvious they do. Just because people are mindless enough to dish out too much for a CD doesn't mean it's right. It just means people are idiots.

And on that note, if you were struggling to make it by, and seen someone who gets paid to sing and have it Auto-Tuned roll by in an expensive car, you don't think that'd irk you even a bit?


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,382
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☣ ArcAngel ☣ View Post
Just because we pay it, doesn't mean it's not too much. Thats a lousy point to bring up to try and say "No Celebrities DON'T get paid too much", when it's obvious they do. Just because people are mindless enough to dish out too much for a CD doesn't mean it's right. It just means people are idiots.

And on that note, if you were struggling to make it by, and seen someone who gets paid to sing and have it Auto-Tuned roll by in an expensive car, you don't think that'd irk you even a bit?
Never said it wasn't too much. Just saying we have little choice in the matter
Not a single assumption was made. I read was put forward in your conversation. You made immature remarks to him, and he made some valid points that you did not answer.

Might I add, the whole point of being here is to debate/argue a point. That's why he's here it seems. What's so wrong with that?
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnMe View Post


Never said it wasn't too much. Just saying we have little choice in the matter
Not a single assumption was made. I read was put forward in your conversation. You made immature remarks to him, and he made some valid points that you did not answer.

Might I add, the whole point of being here is to debate/argue a point. That's why he's here it seems. What's so wrong with that?
Frosty says its not too much, actually. Glad to know you agree that it IS too much.

Plus, he's argued things with zero knowledge in other threads. He's personally attacked me based on my dietary choices, in a thread that WAS NOT meant for Debate. He tried to say it was impossible to get complete protein without meat, I proved him wrong, he still insisted everyone should eat meat. So, he just outright argues with everyone, no matter what the subject, no matter what the thread.

So, as I said, don't make assumptions. He does this same thing all the time, throws out illegitimate points, repeats himself, and argues about everything. Everything. This guy told me it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to have a Meat Intolerance, my doctor proved that wrong, and he said my doctor was in the wrong due to not having enough nutritional education for his liking. Yet, he has NO Nutritional education.

Thus, my reasons for finding his arguments to be flawed, and more about compensating, and/or being outright vindictive (once again, most likely to compensate) than actually presenting a legitimate point. He justifies Ignorance and Outright Stupidity as logical reasons for someone to make stupid amounts of money. Someone who does that, who ISN'T known for singing or acting, is usually called a CON ARTIST. And technically, CON ARTISTS get arrested for their work. Only difference between a Celebrity and a Con Artist is the level of fame and how they scam you.

But I guess my arguments are illegitimate, because you saw one part of an ongoing Saga of Bullshit.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,380
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 10:57 PM

Dont worry ArchAngel, Frosty gets ahead of himself.
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,760
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashAttack View Post
Dont worry ArchAngel, Frosty gets ahead of himself.
Hahaha, thanks, but I'm not worried.
Last night I was already pissed off because of an incident with a (former) friend over the phone, so when Frosty started his crap, AGAIN, I just lost it.
I hate idiocy as is, as to have to deal with it when I'm pissed off as is... Probably not a good thing.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,380
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: This lady Shouldn't be on welfare - June 21st 2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I hate idiocy as is, as to have to deal with it when I'm pissed off as is... Probably not a good thing.
I hate that as well
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
lady, welfare

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright ©1998-2014, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.