TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Family doctor 'sat female patient on his knee and told her cuddles were better than medicine'. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t5489-family-doctor-sat-female-patient-his-knee-told-her-cuddles-were-better-than-medicine/)

Blackwing February 18th 2009 08:44 PM

Family doctor 'sat female patient on his knee and told her cuddles were better than medicine'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-medicine.html

Dr Paul Hirschowitz is also said to have stroked the woman's face and told her cuddles were better than medicine.

The former Israeli army doctor is accused of sexually-motivated behaviour towards three female patients.

But yesterday he failed to turn up to a disciplinary hearing of the General Medical Council which could decide to strike him off.

The panel heard that Dr Hirschowitz, 51, was working as a GP at the Norwood House Surgery in Scarborough.

Bernadette Baxter, representing the GMC, said three female patients became concerned about the intimacy he showed during consultations.

The woman he pulled onto his lap was being treated for depression, but the incident happened after the mother of two went to him simply seeking a reference for a house move.

The hearing was told she was 'confused' by what had happened and wrote to the doctor about it.

Her letter was opened by a member of staff at the surgery, however.

Baxter said that during a consultation with Patient A he sat very close to her and told her she was a very 'attractive' woman.

Patient A said she had gone to see the doctor because she was pregnant, was suffering from morning sickness and wanted an abortion.

'He started to explain what would happen when I went to the hospital which I didn't ask him to do.

'He said I was a good looking girl and he understood why I wasn't having the baby. I got up to walk out of the room, he was rubbing himself down there.

'He did it twice, when he was sitting and then when he was standing he did it again, he shouted 'Hey' to get me to turn around.

'I was in a state of shock, it was like he couldn't control himself. He said I had a nice a**e. I told my partner straight away. He was waiting for me outside the door because I had been so long. It was just totally wrong - it was just wrong.'

A third woman known as Patient B and who suspected she was pregnant was given an examination of her abdomen, back and legs and offered an internal examination when it was not indicated she needed one in advance.

Patient C told the hearing Dr Hirschowitz had become more like a friend than a doctor during their consultations.

He stroked her hand and face on a number of occasions and would end every visit with a cuddle, she claimed.

She said: 'He opened his arms and scooped me in. He would say 'cuddles are better than medicine, it will keep you stronger'.

The woman, who was suffering from depression, visited his surgery in March 2007 to ask him to write a reference for a house move.

At the end of the consultation he grabbed the mother-of-two and pulled her towards him.

She said: 'I went to stand up and he pulled me down into his lap. I was sprawled across his knee, which was a bit weird. It felt all wrong. Then he put his hands round me in a bear hug.'

He then told her: 'Something happens to a man when a woman sits on his knee.' After the consultation Patient C was confused and decided to write a letter to the doctor before delivering it to the surgery.

Patient C wrote to Dr Hirschowitz: 'Hi Paul, I hope you are well. Gosh! What was Wednesday like? We both crossed the patient/doctor line.

'I have never sat on a doctor's knee before and I am sure you have never had an adult patient sit on your knee before. You are a fine and handsome man.

'I know you are a married man but please let's try to make sense of this. We could meet for a coffee sometime this week?'

Patient C said she had no romantic feelings for Dr Hirschowitz, but was flattered by the attention after a number of abusive relationships.

But the doctor's behaviour was discovered out when the letter was inadvertently opened by a member of staff at the surgery.

Algernon February 18th 2009 09:01 PM

Re: Family doctor 'sat female patient on his knee and told her cuddles were better than medicine'.

Patient C sounds like an idiot.

udontno February 18th 2009 11:44 PM

Re: Family doctor 'sat female patient on his knee and told her cuddles were better than medicine'.

I hate it when doctors betray their patients' trust. :-/

R.K. February 19th 2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontno (Post 55156)
I hate it when doctors betray their patients' trust. :-/

Indeed...:mad:

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU February 19th 2009 06:14 AM

Patient C sounds rather foolish and somewhat slutty. I'm sure that must have been a great defense for him [/sarcasm]. Well, I think his medical license would go out the window now.

L'espoir February 19th 2009 11:07 AM

I dont think patient C sounds foolish or slutty, i think that because she was suffering with depression and had had abusive relationships this affected how she thought about it. She sounds like she just wanted some affection, i do not feel we should blame her for that. To me nothing should cause a doctor to act in this way, it is totally wrong and he is in a position of trust.

x

her_beautiful_mistake February 19th 2009 11:32 AM

I think he took advantage of patient C when she was most vunerable.

I think we can safely say he won't be practising medicine anymore!

Heretic February 19th 2009 11:39 AM

Major creeper. He better lose his license. And perhaps a restraining order would help, too.

Confused1isin February 19th 2009 02:31 PM

CREEPER!!!! Ugh! I think it's safe to say he will no longer be practicing...

Lorelei February 19th 2009 06:51 PM

That perv took advantage of patient C. She does sound foolish, but she was also in a lot of abusive relationships before then so what can we expect?

Let's take care of this medieval style: drawn and quartered in the town square. :mad:

WashoutThePain February 19th 2009 06:56 PM

That guy should not be allowed to have any more patients.. that is just wayyyy out of the lines.

Anna Skye February 19th 2009 06:57 PM

That doctor is absolutely shameful.

peace and love

MadPoet February 19th 2009 07:24 PM

That doctor is an ass hole..