TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Kyeto-X's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Location: 2nd Battalion, Charlie Company, Army of Heaven

Posts: 759
Join Date: April 27th 2009

Masturbation and the Bible - September 23rd 2010, 03:03 PM

OKs, where in the Bible does it say that masturbation is a sin against God? I find this a very very very silly arguement and almost offensive and insulting to think that you can overcome your teenage years without masturbating AT ALL if you pray hard enough -___-

It's like saying if you pray hard enough you can go you entire life without stratching that itch on your nose. God forbide you scratch it, you might get a cut and it will get infected, and it leads to impure thoughts about picking your nose! Oh NOES!!!

Horomones suck people...get use to it.

I think my Facebook status sums up my opinion on this nicely

Quote:
‎"I masburtabed. Am I going to hell?" Yes, Timmy, God gave you a sex drive at 12 and a wife at 23, and you are suppose to sweat out the next 11 years of your life ignoring the most basic funstion of your body. Why? Because God is a Sadist. Any questions?
Discuss. What you believe? Why you believe it? And feel free to pull out the Book on me


"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"


"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
HelpLINK Mentor 9 September2010
  Send a message via Yahoo to Kyeto-X Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,357
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 06:00 AM

So, before I give you my opinion, the Bible was written before science showed how babies were actually made. So back then, they actually believed a man's sperm was all it took to make a baby, and they felt like wasting sperm, because they didn't know that sperm NEVER goes away, was wasting life. So they told people that masturbation, withdrawing early, and non-vaginal sex was evil because they wanted people to have children and not destroy babies. Anyone who can explain it better, please do. (It's two am xD)

I personally have nothing against it. At all. It's natural and normal.Some people like it, some don't.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 06:19 AM

I am going to try to answer this for you as best as possible.

First of all, I'm sure you have heard about God striking someone down for masturbating.

Genesis 38:9
And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled [it] on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

As you see in this passage, God did not strike him down for masturbating. God struck him down because he refused to produce off-spring for his brother.

When a person masturbates, they either lust in their mind (fantasize) or watch pornography. I am referring to most people who masturbate.

Ephesians 5:3 says
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

1 Corinthians 10:31 says
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's

So as you can see, God forbids sexual immorality. God also says to glorify Him with everything you do. Lusting and watching porn does not glorify God.

Masturbation can also encourage lustful thoughts. God doesn't want you to engage in something that would encourage lustful thoughts.

That is what the Bible says on the subject of masturbation. I hope this has helped.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
So they told people that masturbation, withdrawing early, and non-vaginal sex was evil because they wanted people to have children and not destroy babies.
Read Song of Solomon. There are references to foreplay and oral sex in there.

Last edited by Kitty.; September 24th 2010 at 06:26 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Alrex's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 23
Gender: Alien
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 617
Join Date: June 24th 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 07:56 AM

I believe sometimes this is why child molestors and rapists are born.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Twinge's Avatar
 
Name: Vint Fall
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: The Abyss of your Psyche

Posts: 627
Join Date: May 25th 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 09:55 AM

this should definitely be in the religion forum.

if this is true though, then at least 50 % teens in this century are going to Hell, since how i heard some days before, they aren't that much into praying but ya know what they're into. :/ i have nothing against masturbation and therefore, i think it's silly to forbid it. it's not about what God wants...then He just wants control. is that fair at all? no free will?
even scientist say masturbation is HEALTHY for stress, it's usual. it's proved.






People live in greed, in sadness
Vigorous creatures will run far -
We’ll stay behind
burdened by desire

   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 02:21 PM

Here's what I don't get, if God doesn't want us to have sex unless we are making babies, and doesn't want us to masturbate then why the hell give us these urges?! I mean I think that's just cruel. I'm going to give you sexual urges at as young as 11 but you better not have sex or pleasure yourself because that's bad. You've just got to suffer. Doesn't sound like a loving God to me, sounds like a God that likes to play practical jokes.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
luvflamingos's Avatar
 
Name: Mary
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 833
Join Date: August 19th 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 04:39 PM

I have been to hell and back. If masturbating is going to take me back there, then at least I'm going baack with smile on my face. Hardly a day goes by without me doing it. As for a bible reference, I don't have one. But I am pretty sure I have invoked God's name during it before... ooooooomyyyyygod....... lol. sorry its just one of those days for me. what was the question? lol
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Here's what I don't get, if God doesn't want us to have sex unless we are making babies, and doesn't want us to masturbate then why the hell give us these urges?! I mean I think that's just cruel. I'm going to give you sexual urges at as young as 11 but you better not have sex or pleasure yourself because that's bad. You've just got to suffer. Doesn't sound like a loving God to me, sounds like a God that likes to play practical jokes.
So many people claim that the Bible is against sex for pleasure. The Bible says that it is perfectly alright to have sex for pleasure, as long as you are married to said person.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5 says

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Also, read Song of Solomon. There are big indications of sex for pleasure in that book.

As for sexual urges, read this passage:

Galatians 5:22-23 says
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


Quote:
Originally Posted by luvflamingos View Post
I have been to hell and back. If masturbating is going to take me back there, then at least I'm going baack with smile on my face. Hardly a day goes by without me doing it. As for a bible reference, I don't have one. But I am pretty sure I have invoked God's name during it before... ooooooomyyyyygod....... lol. sorry its just one of those days for me. what was the question? lol
Masturbation does not determine your eternal destiny.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,128
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 05:23 PM

No, I'm Christian and I'm going to call B.S. It's the thoughts that come with masturbation. But then again, who can really control their thoughts. That's fighting a lost battle and whoever says they can is lying.

God wouldn't have made men with unlimited Sperm and women with an incredible amount of eggs. What does a woman lose when she masturbates? Nothing. She's not committing premartial sex, she's doing something for herself?

If you believe otherwise, that's fine, I'm just standing my thoughts.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Kyeto-X's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Location: 2nd Battalion, Charlie Company, Army of Heaven

Posts: 759
Join Date: April 27th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 05:38 PM

And yet, if you masturbate and do not repent from it, then you have sinned in your heart and against your God.

My main point here is that it is just silly that God would give us a sex drive at 11 and no legal, permissive outlet for the freaking thing until you marry. It silly and cruel and almost sadistic in nature.

As for masturbation causing lustful thoughts, ladies and gentlemen IT IS POSSIBLE TO WHACK OFF WITHOUT FANTASZING!! And continuing on that, most of my early masturbation has been about me going solo with some random nonexistent fantasy woman. (I am not even going to bother getting into my later Bi and Gay fantasies here) My few fantasies involving a real life girl in no way changed how I interacted or viewed them in the morning. I did not go to school the next day and think to myself "You would look so hot naked on my bed with a cherry in your mouth." My thoughts usually went like this:

"Shut up, William, She'll hear that.
OMG I hope she didn't see that
Is she looking at me? Is it a Good look or a Bad look?
Does she even know I exist?"
My fantasies at school involved a girl talking to me, hugging me because she wants to and kissing me on the cheek. -_____-

No causality between masturbation and increased inappropriate behaviors towards the opposite sex.

In recent months...I have been fantasying about one girl nearly continuously. My loving, adoring, and very Sexy Fiancée. So, one-on-one committed, and even Heterosexual lustful thoughts. We are married in spirit, but have not been married before the law yet. I view marriage ceremony like baptism. It is an outward expression of an inward fact. Angela and I love each other, and we are committed to each other as much (if not more so) then a married couple. Sex and fantasy is natural expression of love and joy we share with each other.

To say I cannot have sex or fantasize about my fiancée is like saying you cannot worship god between the time that you received Christ and the time you get baptized...No praying, no shouting to the Lord, no music, no jumping for joy until your ceremony and your legal document has been signed saying that "Yes...you are a Christian. Now you can worship God."

It seems silly, foolish, and if you need me to, I can prove it can be a dangerous belief that masturbation is bad and immoral.


"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"


"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
HelpLINK Mentor 9 September2010
  Send a message via Yahoo to Kyeto-X Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post


So many people claim that the Bible is against sex for pleasure. The Bible says that it is perfectly alright to have sex for pleasure, as long as you are married to said person.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5 says

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Also, read Song of Solomon. There are big indications of sex for pleasure in that book.

As for sexual urges, read this passage:

Galatians 5:22-23 says
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.




Masturbation does not determine your eternal destiny.
You didn't completely address my point. Will mentioned it though, why give us a sex drive before we are even at an acceptable age to marry, or reproduce?


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,128
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
You didn't completely address my point. Will mentioned it though, why give us a sex drive before we are even at an acceptable age to marry, or reproduce?
I don't think that's really a fair or logical question. Obviously hormones are needed in order to actually get to that point. A hormone is a substance that induces growth in other areas of the body. The fact that it stimulates sex organs is just nature. Just because a little boy gets an erection that doesn't mean they should have sex. It is in fact dangerous for young girls to have babies because their bodies aren't fully developed enough to carry a child.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
I don't think that's really a fair or logical question. Obviously hormones are needed in order to actually get to that point. A hormone is a substance that induces growth in other areas of the body. The fact that it stimulates sex organs is just nature. Just because a little boy gets an erection that doesn't mean they should have sex. It is in fact dangerous for young girls to have babies because their bodies aren't fully developed enough to carry a child.
Of course kids should have sex if they are too young, that's what masturbation is for. You say that the fact that hormones stimulate sex organs is "just nature" but this is a religious debate. If you believe God made us then you must believe that God make our bodies to work the way they do, therefore it would be cruel to make us so that we can get sexual urges before an appropriate age to have sex and then say we couldn't relieve it some other way.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,128
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Of course kids should have sex if they are too young, that's what masturbation is for. You say that the fact that hormones stimulate sex organs is "just nature" but this is a religious debate. If you believe God made us then you must believe that God make our bodies to work the way they do, therefore it would be cruel to make us so that we can get sexual urges before an appropriate age to have sex and then say we couldn't relieve it some other way.
Oh "okay." If this is a religious debate. God gave us sexual urges so we can procreate, to make us want to have sex. I think that he wants us to be interested in it throughout our lives, but that's why he governs us with guidance. We need to be in the position, married and ready for children.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Keep Calm and Eat Cake's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 370
Join Date: April 29th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 10:30 PM

I agree that perhaps the bible is trying to teach us a lesson of not giving in to lust at every opportunity. To hold back from urges such as these can be healthy, giving you a bit of discipline; kind of like holding back from eating chocolate.
Although, I do think masturbation is perfectly normal and healthy; it's greedy to do it excessively. X)
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
dancinfool's Avatar
 
Age: 24

Posts: 422
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 11:42 PM

Lol I agree with Kyeto-X. What about if you're married and masturbate thinking about your husband/wife? Is that ok then?

I think telling children masturbation is a sin just makes them feel ashamed of something I'm sure the vast majority of boys and a lot of girls (not sure on how many as its still 'taboo' amongst females, or my friends at least) do. Its a bit like original sin- how to hate yourself. Woop. (sorry if thats offensive to anyone but it really is the way some people put it across).
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,128
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 11:48 PM

We all know if you masturbate your penis with shrivel up and fall off.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,262
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 24th 2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
I don't think that's really a fair or logical question. Obviously hormones are needed in order to actually get to that point. A hormone is a substance that induces growth in other areas of the body. The fact that it stimulates sex organs is just nature. Just because a little boy gets an erection that doesn't mean they should have sex. It is in fact dangerous for young girls to have babies because their bodies aren't fully developed enough to carry a child.
You know that it used to be custom for girls to marry and have children around age 14, right? Kind of around the time the Bible was apparently written

Still is, in many cultures, the norm. Just because it's different from what happens here doesn't mean it's wrong.


(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
Oh "okay." If this is a religious debate. God gave us sexual urges so we can procreate, to make us want to have sex. I think that he wants us to be interested in it throughout our lives, but that's why he governs us with guidance. We need to be in the position, married and ready for children.
This debate isn't about sex though it's about masturbation. We aren't supposed to have sex until we are "right" for it, and we get urges before we are "right" for it, and then to say that masturbation is wrong, it's just mean.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
You didn't completely address my point. Will mentioned it though, why give us a sex drive before we are even at an acceptable age to marry, or reproduce?
Just because you HAVE a sex drive doesn't mean you have to have sex. You can control your urges. Just because a 12 year old boy has an erection doesn't mean he needs to have sex.
People don't HAVE to act on their sex drive. They choose to.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post


Just because you HAVE a sex drive doesn't mean you have to have sex. You can control your urges. Just because a 12 year old boy has an erection doesn't mean he needs to have sex.
People don't HAVE to act on their sex drive. They choose to.
EXACTLY they don't have to have sex. And you know what is a great way from keeping them from having sex, masturbation. I am 21 years old, I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, I have more sexual tension then most people can boast, and it might very well get to a point where I would jump the first guy interested if it wasn't for masturbation.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
EXACTLY they don't have to have sex. And you know what is a great way from keeping them from having sex, masturbation. I am 21 years old, I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, I have more sexual tension then most people can boast, and it might very well get to a point where I would jump the first guy interested if it wasn't for masturbation.
The point of this thread was Biblical proof that masturbation is a sin according to God. I proved that point. That is really all I have to say on the matter.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post


The point of this thread was Biblical proof that masturbation is a sin according to God. I proved that point. That is really all I have to say on the matter.
Actually the OP asked "What do you believe? Why do you believe it?" And the debate has been sticking to that so far.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
.:BreakingBeautifully:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere!!!

Posts: 5,222
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
EXACTLY they don't have to have sex. And you know what is a great way from keeping them from having sex, masturbation. I am 21 years old, I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, I have more sexual tension then most people can boast, and it might very well get to a point where I would jump the first guy interested if it wasn't for masturbation.
Personally, I don't think it is masturbation that keeps people from having sex, I haven't had sex yet and am planning on waiting until I meet the right guy. I also have not masturbated. Yeah, I have a lot of sexual tension but masturbation doesn't really appeal to me so I don't want to attempt it. I want to explore myself with a partner not myself; maybe that is naive, I don't know, but masturbation just seems like....BLAH.

However, I don't think that masturbation is a sin I think the whole thought process behind it is the feelings/thoughts behind that masturbation. But, that goes into territory that I really do not want to touch on.

My simple answer is that, basically, mastubation is a normal thing to occur and shouldn't be considered a sin. The bible is a book that has been passed down for years and years. Times were different when it was written and, simply, it can be interpreted in a lot of different ways.


   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Kyeto-X's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Location: 2nd Battalion, Charlie Company, Army of Heaven

Posts: 759
Join Date: April 27th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post


Just because you HAVE a sex drive doesn't mean you have to have sex. You can control your urges. Just because a 12 year old boy has an erection doesn't mean he needs to have sex.
People don't HAVE to act on their sex drive. They choose to.
This is actually the entire crux of the conversation. Just because a 12 year old boy has an erection does not mean he should have sex. NOr does it mean he should refuse to have erections for the next 12 years of his life.

If you do not act on your sex drive, it will act on you.

so...masturbate... or fornicate...pick your poison.


"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"


"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
HelpLINK Mentor 9 September2010
  Send a message via Yahoo to Kyeto-X Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Twinge's Avatar
 
Name: Vint Fall
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: The Abyss of your Psyche

Posts: 627
Join Date: May 25th 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 25th 2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Will mentioned it though, why give us a sex drive before we are even at an acceptable age to marry, or reproduce?
the question got my curiosity really. i'm wondering about that too. maybe it's a test for us to see if we can control ourselves. possibly but how would it look like if we got a sex drive at the moment we married? that would be magic. then we wouldn't fall for attraction either, no reason to marry. either than that, that's what puberty is about. without this, the whole point would be senseless. hope this wasn't too confusing.
now i see why 14 year olds have sex too early. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeto-X View Post
If you do not act on your sex drive, it will act on you.
agreed, i heard how it is for many people. they didn't teach us in school that masturbation is bad at all, didn't even mention it, no one did. then you see "stuff" around and your sexual drives on ya, that's when it happens.

SORRY, but it's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post

God did not strike him down for masturbating. God struck him down because he refused to produce off-spring for his brother.
if this is all because of producing, then homosexuality is supposed to be forbidden in the Bible too.






People live in greed, in sadness
Vigorous creatures will run far -
We’ll stay behind
burdened by desire


Last edited by Twinge; September 25th 2010 at 08:20 PM.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 26th 2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeto-X View Post
This is actually the entire crux of the conversation. Just because a 12 year old boy has an erection does not mean he should have sex. NOr does it mean he should refuse to have erections for the next 12 years of his life.

If you do not act on your sex drive, it will act on you.

so...masturbate... or fornicate...pick your poison.
Well I haven't masturbated or fornicated and I'm doing just fine lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star's Heart* View Post
if this is all because of producing, then homosexuality is supposed to be forbidden in the Bible too.
It's not all about producing. A lot of times, it's not the really the act of masturbating that is the sin, it's what accompanies it (the thoughts, porn, etc.) I believe there is a verse in the Bible that forbids homosexuality.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,666
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 27th 2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post


Well I haven't masturbated or fornicated and I'm doing just fine lol.



It's not all about producing. A lot of times, it's not the really the act of masturbating that is the sin, it's what accompanies it (the thoughts, porn, etc.) I believe there is a verse in the Bible that forbids homosexuality.
Am I the only one who thinks that the fact that thoughts can be sins is just silly? Anyway I guess since I don't actually think sexual thoughts when doing it myself I guess I'm not sinning, yay.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Project Advisor

Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 6,213
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 27th 2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the fact that thoughts can be sins is just silly? Anyway I guess since I don't actually think sexual thoughts when doing it myself I guess I'm not sinning, yay.
There are Bible verses that say thoughts can be sins.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,357
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 27th 2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post

It's not all about producing. A lot of times, it's not the really the act of masturbating that is the sin, it's what accompanies it (the thoughts, porn, etc.) I believe there is a verse in the Bible that forbids homosexuality.
Just going to say this now, let's not change this into a debate about homosexuality.

Anyway. If you think about it, you don't suddenly become sexually aroused at eleven. Our bodies are 'designed', for lack of a better word, to feel pleasure. Little infant boys will tug on their penises, because it feels good. Is it wrong? No. Children often do what feels good because it feels good, it gives them pleasure and joy to discover that pleasure. Yes, as they get older, they become more sexual. But if they can't learn about themselves then how will they grow? They won't. Masturbation is natural, even in animals. Seeing as I don't believe in Hell( or sinning for that matter) it's not really an issue for me. Besides, I'd much rather some thirteen year old boy be jacking off than having sex with a young girl.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Soliloquy Offline
I've been here a while
********
 
Soliloquy's Avatar
 
Age: 20
Gender: Female

Posts: 1,354
Join Date: April 20th 2010

Re: Masturbation and the Bible - September 27th 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
Anyway. If you think about it, you don't suddenly become sexually aroused at eleven. Our bodies are 'designed', for lack of a better word, to feel pleasure. Little infant boys will tug on their penises, because it feels good. Is it wrong? No. Children often do what feels good because it feels good, it gives them pleasure and joy to discover that pleasure. Yes, as they get older, they become more sexual. But if they can't learn about themselves then how will they grow? They won't. Masturbation is natural, even in animals. Seeing as I don't believe in Hell( or sinning for that matter) it's not really an issue for me. Besides, I'd much rather some thirteen year old boy be jacking off than having sex with a young girl.
I completely agree with this. Masturbation is a normal and healthy act. As stated above, even animals do it. It is only natural to be curious and want to explore your body in that way. Of course, like all things in the world, it isn't going to appeal to everyone. But should it be considered immoral or a "sin?" In my opinion, no. Masturbation can be a great way to get to know yourself and your body. I am not sure I see what is so disgracing about it.

Okay, the Bible clearly has made some references to it. I will admit that. However, one thing I'd like to point out about the Bible: It's old. As Casey previously mentioned at the beginning of this debate, it was written in a different time. The Bible both condemns acts that we now find socially acceptable and encourages ones that we find morally repugnant. As times change, so do society's standards. Therefore, I don't really think one can afford to take everything the Bible says at face value.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
bible, masturbation, sin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright ©1998-2014, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.