TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 02:01 PM

I'll give you the background info.. Briana and I were in Niagara Falls, walking around holding hands.. and Men kept shouting random things at us.. Things that aren't appropriate for TH xD and so, it got us thinking, why do guys think that gay women/lesbians are so hot... but when girls see gay guys, its normal, and they don't really make a huge scene out of it? So guys..

Why do guys absolutely love it when they see gay girls?

Sorry if this makes no sense, someone woke me up early *glares at Briana*

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 06:33 PM

It's because guys are more sexually attracted to women who are bi/lesbian than women are sexually attracted to gay men. Guys see bisexual women as potential hot threesomes, while women see gay men as potential good friends. Women love gay men because they feel comfortable around them. They don't feel the pressure of being around gay men because gay men usually don't have the personality of a traditional man. A gay man is more like a woman: he has emotional qualities and therefore can sympathize with you, can really care about you as a friend instead of someone who wants to get some of that vagina. So women can relate to men in a friendship kind of way. The problem is that some women do fall in love with gay men; hence why a lot of women think that most of the good guys to date are either taken or gay. A gay woman, on the other hand, doesn't resemble a man. Men don't want to date women who act like men anyways because dating a woman who acts like a man would be like dating a man with a vagina. It's an awkward situation. We want women who act like women, while straight women want men who do have a tough guy persona, but can also be more emotional, more caring and all the other qualities that women have more than traditional men do. A gay woman is still a woman, unless she's a "butch" lesbian, so we'd still be attracted to her because she's a woman who has womanly qualities, while a gay man is not a traditional man and has womanly qualities. And because gay men typically act more like women than traditional men, most straight women don't want to date guys who act like women. Therefore, there usually isn't any sexual attraction if it's obvious that they're gay.

It's also because we're, on average, more sexual than women are. Give us a can of hair spray and we can think of 100 sexual thoughts within a 2 minute period. That's why teenage boys are likely to get erections in schools, or to anywhere in public really. We can take one picture, two attractive women holding hands, and our thoughts can start branching off into other thoughts. Holding hands, affection, affection, lesbian, lesbian, lesbian sex, lesbian sex...and pretty much anything that lesbians do during sex. So holding hands can start a BIG chain of reaction to a lot of guys. It's just how our bodies work since we were built for procreation. Our testosterone and brain chemicals helps us get ready for procreation The only problem is that we get ready for it too easily. Our junk will be sitting one day and all the sudden we'll be like "bar graph...penis...penis vagina...etc" and the penis will be like "HOT DAMN...he said penis and vagina, that must be my move! Load em up boys!" And then when it realizes that he's not getting any action, he's like "God DAMNIT, Brandon!" and goes back down. The more excited he gets, the more ready he gets...which can build up a lot of pressure. This pressure leads to blue balls if not released over a period of time. And blue balls hurt like a BITCH!

Last edited by Brandon; September 29th 2010 at 06:41 PM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 06:56 PM

Because two girls are better than one.

If you know what I mean.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post

If you know what I mean.
You, my good man, win on so many levels.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:

If you know what I mean.
Until one of them catches you with the other, anyway. Then you really begin to understand what "enter a world of pain" means.

Last edited by Acheron; September 29th 2010 at 11:05 PM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 10:57 PM

I don't find it attractive at all, on the contrary, I find it utterly repulsive, and an absolute turn off.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:

If you know what I mean.
have to agree....

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I don't find it attractive at all, on the contrary, I find it utterly repulsive, and an absolute turn off.
How open and accepting :P
Anyway yeah I don't think there's many girls who find gay guys a turn-on, if any at all.. On the other hand I sort of feel gay men are more accepted in general, at the college I went to, alll the guys were gay (dance college haha) so it was completely normal but there were no girls at all openly lesbian. Dunno if thats cos there wasn't any... but still.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
why thank you, I feel honored to repulse you.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 29th 2010, 11:52 PM

Well you did ask for his opinion? I would find two gay guys getting it on a bit of a turn off it doesn't mean I'm against gay guys..

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 30th 2010, 02:05 PM

I think many girls are attracted to gay men the same way some men are attracted to gay girls. It's just not as socially acceptable.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - September 30th 2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I think many girls are attracted to gay men the same way some men are attracted to gay girls. It's just not as socially acceptable.
Maybe so. I have heard some women talk about dude's kissing is hot, but I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, guys would NEVER be friends with a woman for being a lesbian. I think that women look at gay males as friends a lot more than men look at gay women as friends. That's the point I was really trying to make.

It would be socially unacceptable for a woman to shout things at gay men because that'd make her look easy. So women don't make a big deal out of it. I was just explaining why guys do it in a guy's perspective. I tend to get carried away with responses....

(#13 (permalink)) Old
IAm42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post
Well you did ask for his opinion? I would find two gay guys getting it on a bit of a turn off it doesn't mean I'm against gay guys..
I honestly find Guile's comment to be rather triggering.

You can say you don't like it without using words like 'repulsive' and ect.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm42 View Post
I honestly find Guile's comment to be rather triggering.

You can say you don't like it without using words like 'repulsive' and ect.
Don't be so whiny about it, I could say I find gays triggering, but I prefer to state how I feel rather then complain.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#15 (permalink)) Old
IAm42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Don't be so whiny about it, I could say I find gays triggering, but I prefer to state how I feel rather then complain.
I didn't personally attack you.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm42 View Post
I didn't personally attack you.
No one said you attacked them.
As to why guys find gay women attractive I've asked my guy friends and all the say is "just because" I don't understand their answer but that's all they say. I guess it's just one of those mysteries I'll never understand from guys.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
IAm42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by México View Post

No one said you attacked them.
As to why guys find gay women attractive I've asked my guy friends and all the say is "just because" I don't understand their answer but that's all they say. I guess it's just one of those mysteries I'll never understand from guys.
I'm aware. I'm saying, I didn't start personally attacking him. He shouldn't do it to me, it's just immature.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 06:39 AM

I dont see why part of this thread has to be turned into bitch city...its a debate forum and you can't judge another PERSON based on his/her opinon...Guile had every right to state his opinion about gay people, there is no need to be offended, basically...if you make a DEBATE thread on gay people (as in not one where you are asking for support) you are going to get people who are against it...get over it.

Anyway back to the topic, I actually dont think in general that guys do find gay girls hot...i mean I know a very attractive lesbian girl who the boys always flirt with...but not because she's lesbian, the fact she is lesbian is probably more of an off-put. And there are other straight girls who get just as much flirtation from the guys. Some straight guys may be attracted to lesbian girls, but I think to make a generalisation based on one example is kinda misleading. I also happen to know a rather decent looking gay guy....and he is well loved by the girls!!! But just for his looks and his personality, once again, him being gay suggests that those girls who love him will never get him-so they are slightly put-off

(#19 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 11:35 AM

i wish people wouldn't get so sensitive. if you're going to feel personally attacked by someone stating their opinion then don't post in a debate thread.

it's usually only feminine lesbians that men find attractive. probably because someone else has already said, two girls are better than one. haha. seeing two gay men together doesn't do anything for me.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 1st 2010, 10:22 PM

The mature thing would be to not whine over it and be so sensitive to it, especially in a debate forum where you already see that something is triggering for you yet you hop in anyways. Guile said nothing wrong, he expressed his view maturely without whining and moaning over it.

Onto the actual issue, I think it all has to do with how society expects men and women to behave differently. If a man calls something out to a woman about her physical or sexual looks, it's more tolerated whereas the reverse makes the woman seem incredibly easy and slutty. Women showing public displays of affection also tend to make them seem easy to get whereas for a man, he may be high-fived. Also, since many females claim to be bisexual to get more sexual attention, having 2 lesbians show PDAs may be seen as a tease to some men. The reverse of this can be true for 2 men showing PDAs to women. In both cases, it brings the fantasy of a three-some, which needs no describing as to why it's fantasized.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#21 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 2nd 2010, 03:50 PM

When I think of two girls in bed, it's just *droooool*.
But when i think of two guys in bed, it's just ewwwww.

I mean, do what you want, but it's really not my thing.. at all..
I guess it's just one of those things that can't really be explained?

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 6th 2010, 03:00 PM

I don't get how "holding hands" is the same as "getting it on."

Gay men are still getting flack from some men, probably the same ones that think it is okay to shout things at two girls.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
sturmeskind Offline
formally known as "Okta"
Average Joe

Name: Lisa

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 13th 2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Onto the actual issue, I think it all has to do with how society expects men and women to behave differently. If a man calls something out to a woman about her physical or sexual looks, it's more tolerated whereas the reverse makes the woman seem incredibly easy and slutty. Women showing public displays of affection also tend to make them seem easy to get whereas for a man, he may be high-fived. Also, since many females claim to be bisexual to get more sexual attention, having 2 lesbians show PDAs may be seen as a tease to some men. The reverse of this can be true for 2 men showing PDAs to women. In both cases, it brings the fantasy of a three-some, which needs no describing as to why it's fantasized.
^This.
It's about society and gender roles.
Quote:
It's because guys are more sexually attracted to women who are bi/lesbian than women are sexually attracted to gay men. Guys see bisexual women as potential hot threesomes, while women see gay men as potential good friends. Women love gay men because they feel comfortable around them. They don't feel the pressure of being around gay men because gay men usually don't have the personality of a traditional man. A gay man is more like a woman: he has emotional qualities and therefore can sympathize with you, can really care about you as a friend instead of someone who wants to get some of that vagina
I'm sorry, perhaps it's because I'm having a bad day, but I just think that's terribly sexist. People usually don't choose their friends for their sexual orientation, do they? I mean, *my* friends are my friends because I like them, simply as that... but what really irked me was that comment about gay people not having the personality of (traditional) men and having "a emotional side": 1) please, everyone has their own personality, there is no such thing as a "traditional male personality". 2) being gay doesn't come with a built-in device for being in touch with some emotional side or whatever (one of my gay friends is the most socially inept person I know... certainly not understandig for my problems. I like him, because he can talk computers) and neither does being a straight male imply that one has to jump all females in vicinity. There are very caring, sensible straight men and gays who are utter bastards and chauvinists.

Quote:
A gay woman is still a woman, unless she's a "butch" lesbian, so we'd still be attracted to her because she's a woman who has womanly qualities, while a gay man is not a traditional man and has womanly qualities. And because gay men typically act more like women than traditional men, most straight women don't want to date guys who act like women. Therefore, there usually isn't any sexual attraction if it's obvious that they're gay.
Same as above. I am unsure as to what you mean by "lesbians/gay men act like women". Gay men act like themselves, just as you and me and everyone does. Being gay has nothing to do with "acting like a woman". It just means liking d*ck, which is why straight women usually don't like to date gay men. Women are just as capable to be sexually aroused by the sight of PDAs by gay males as the other way 'round. It's just gender roles and social constructs that make the difference.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 13th 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmeskind View Post
Same as above. I am unsure as to what you mean by "lesbians/gay men act like women". Gay men act like themselves, just as you and me and everyone does.
I can't believe I'm still watching this debate, and I'm not going to take part other than to say that usually gay men exhibit certain feminine tendencies, appearance/personality/vocally.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 13th 2010, 04:38 PM

I think men like it because it's a fantasy to be with two women at once. I think it would primarily happen to both women being feminine, rather than 'butch' women. Because then the man could relate more to them as 'straight' women. I think they just like it because of the sexual aspect of it, the idea of having sex with two women at the same time. I think it's just a guy thing, though. But not all guys of course.

As for straight women liking the idea of gay men? I don't think it's very mainstream. I don't know of any straight (or other sexuality) women who like the idea of anything sexual with gay men. I just don't think it is that appealing to women.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 13th 2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinfool View Post
How open and accepting :P
Anyway yeah I don't think there's many girls who find gay guys a turn-on, if any at all...
I do If they're pretty guys that is xD

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Gay Men VS Women. - October 13th 2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, perhaps it's because I'm having a bad day, but I just think that's terribly sexist.
With the material you quoted me on, I don't think I've said anything that could be considered sexist. It's a fact that women are more likely to be more caring, emotional, and stuff like that. And gay men are nice because they have those qualities. And I'm not saying that being a woman or a gay man is a bad thing, I'm just saying that gay men resemble women more than they do stereotypical men. But if you disagree with what I've said, let me know what you disagree with so we can debate about it.

Quote:
People usually don't choose their friends for their sexual orientation, do they?
I never said that women choose their friends based on sexuality. I did say that women see gay men as potential good friends, but I don't think that we can have good friends before they start off as friends. Basically, if you just happen to be friends with a guy who's gay, I'm saying that there's potential that he could become a good friend because etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
I mean, *my* friends are my friends because I like them, simply as that... but what really irked me was that comment about gay people not having the personality of (traditional) men and having "a emotional side": 1) please, everyone has their own personality, there is no such thing as a "traditional male personality".
When I say "traditional", I mean "stereotypical." Maybe that confused you and would understand. So, I completely acknowledge my own gender and various personalities, but I'm just saying that gay men are not "stereotypical" males. And when I say "stereotypical" or "traditional", I mean like like men who have traits that society expects them to have (such as...they like football, they drink beer, they don't care about women and are slightly sexist, only interested in sex, screams "HEY BABY" out the window of car passing a woman, etc etc). We don't associate stereotypical men to have "emotional sides" because that would conflict with society's stereotypes.
Quote:
2) being gay doesn't come with a built-in device for being in touch with some emotional side or whatever (one of my gay friends is the most socially inept person I know... certainly not understandig for my problems. I like him, because he can talk computers)
Perhaps it's just a stereotype for gay men, that they have more womenly qualities than stereotypical men, but you can't just say that I'm wrong when you have one gay male friend out of the entire gay male population that isn't. If you can prove me wrong that people don't stereotype gay men to be caring and such and that they are socially inept and all that jazz, then please provide evidence for that. Otherwise, I can't really agree with you just because of one person.

Quote:
Being gay has nothing to do with "acting like a woman".
Not acting like a woman, but acting more feminine. Being gay affects gender roles. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but they do.

Closed Thread