TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 08:25 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm still in disbelief reading this story:
http://www.kpsplocal2.com/Content/To...3BUeNgkzQ.cspx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 08:29 PM

Ugh the worst thing is I'm not that shocked.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lostandalone Offline
Forgotten loser
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Erika

Points: 12,348, Level: 16 Points: 12,348, Level: 16 Points: 12,348, Level: 16

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 09:14 PM

this is just horrible , just horrible

"Think of your life as a book, move forward, close one chapter and open another." – Unknown

We give each other strength to make it through the darkness." – Silverstein

‎"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." – John W. Gardner

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." – George Eliot

Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving." – J.K. Rowling
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 09:14 PM

Oh dear, what a shame =/
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Points: 13,495, Level: 16 Points: 13,495, Level: 16 Points: 13,495, Level: 16

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 09:30 PM

i hope the father of the girl takes the matter into his own hands and puts a hole in each one of the kids heads.... i know i would if it was my daughter... thats fricken sick
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 13th 2011, 09:40 PM

I find two things shocking in this. First, the actual event itself. Second, at the end of the article, it said counseling services are offered to other students at that school. That in my opinion is good to have however, there was no mention of the 3 boys getting counseling of any kind. Gang-rapes by 13 year old kids I think (or I'd like to think) are few and far, so these boys were motivated to do this at that young of an age when they may not have even reached puberty yet. Anyway, hopefully the victim gets better from it although I suspect 4 lives were deeply affected, the 3 boys and the victim.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 14th 2011, 05:50 AM

Three people be getting a gassing

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 14th 2011, 08:45 AM

That's sick. Where do such young people get these ideas from? I hope they get a severe punnishment so they don't even think of doing it again.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 15th 2011, 10:09 PM

It is quite disturbing, but I'll stick to my usual path of not going down the "moral panic" route and like WOW! express hope that addressing the direct harm caused will be the priority. Outrage and violence will not solve anything. I would express some concern that the idea to do this came to the minds of 13-year-olds and the source of such inspiration (for want of a better word), but without further information in that regard it's difficult to make any further comment.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 15th 2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
It is quite disturbing, but I'll stick to my usual path of not going down the "moral panic" route and like WOW! express hope that addressing the direct harm caused will be the priority Outrage and violence will not solve anything. I would express some concern that the idea to do this came to the minds of 13-year-olds and the source of such inspiration (for want of a better word), but without further information in that regard it's difficult to make any further comment.
i highly dissagree itll give the victim and everyone the peace of mind the sick fucks wont ever do it again to anyone if someone puts a slug in each of there heads...
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 15th 2011, 10:49 PM

I'd like to point out that they have only been accused of it, and not proven.

I shall reserve judgement until we have evidence it happened.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post
i highly dissagree itll give the victim and everyone the peace of mind the sick fucks wont ever do it again to anyone if someone puts a slug in each of there heads...
And then you end up with a society which has no respect for the value of human life, believes that violence is best resolved by further violence (an inherent contradiction) and takes the human race generally back about half a millennium. Real improvement. Also it is highly questionable whether executing those responsible for this act will do anything for the victim's peace of mind as it does not address in any way, shape or form the psychological harm caused. It also deprives them of an opportunity to face their attacker and speak their mind, which in a number of cases has found to be of real benefit to such victims. If you would like sources I can send you my dissertation which discussed such approaches.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 06:28 PM

That's happened twice in the two places I live in the past year. One of them they had met up on the internet, went to a field outside, and the boys had their way with the girl. She was screaming, some people nearby thought they were just playing but when someone went and actually checked it out they were shocked and called the police. No charges were laid in the end though, as the girl had agreed and they were all within the same age.
Still disgusting in my opinion though

Member since 2005
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 07:25 PM

Part of me wishes I was there so I couldav broken their bones or something. Part of me thinks that it's their upbringing that's fucked not them and they need help. Another part thinks that being 13 years old isn't an excuse for being a rapist and getting away with a light charge.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
And then you end up with a society which has no respect for the value of human life, believes that violence is best resolved by further violence (an inherent contradiction) and takes the human race generally back about half a millennium. Real improvement. Also it is highly questionable whether executing those responsible for this act will do anything for the victim's peace of mind as it does not address in any way, shape or form the psychological harm caused. It also deprives them of an opportunity to face their attacker and speak their mind, which in a number of cases has found to be of real benefit to such victims. If you would like sources I can send you my dissertation which discussed such approaches.
whats makes you think i dont want that kind of society ?... cause i do i long for the days when if someone offended you it was settled with 2 dueling pistols... i can say this if that happened to my daughter theyd be wishing for death before i was done with them...
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
whats makes you think i dont want that kind of society ?... cause i do i long for the days when if someone offended you it was settled with 2 dueling pistols... i can say this if that happened to my daughter theyd be wishing for death before i was done with them...
I think a society where the government takes away people's power to settle disputes with each other personally is wrong. I don't like the idea of having to involve the police in almost any hastle... I'm just saying. I'm kinda with you there. If you want something done, the best way to make sure it gets done is to do it yourself.

However... although you may get irrational and all that at the spurr of the moment and feel like killing someone for hurting someone you love, killing someone to be honest is not something that's easy to live with, and you might regret it... but yeah... I've had rage episodes when I wanted to terminate someone for fucking with one of my friends once. But it isn't really right, even though if feels right at the instant. Besides, my train of thought usually would be in a situation like that, that if you really hate someone's guts that much, death would be too easy for them. In a school environment you can make it far more painful for them by humiliating them in front of their friends, or in the grown up world dragging their ass through court proceedings... but you have to win of course or you're the one who's gona suffer. Just examples.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; February 16th 2011 at 09:08 PM.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 16th 2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
That's ridiculous. A society where a wronged party can take it upon themself to dish out justice is abhorent. An individual in a dispute rarely has an objective point of view and is often ignorant of all the facts and to allow such an indivdual to dish out justice is just a recipe for blood feuds and injustice. It certainly wouldn't help your daughter if she was raped for her father to be placed in jail soon after for triple homicide. That would most likely hinder her recovery.

As for whether these kids should be killed anyway, again, as Dave has said, it's ridiculous to suggest killing them as there are better ways of dealing with the situation. All that would be the result of their death is that you would add three unnecessary deaths to an already sad event.

The way to settle disputes is in the courts and not through irrational violence. Hell, the right to a fair trial is considered a fundamental right under all countries respecting the rule of law.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 17th 2011, 12:05 AM

I'd humiliate them while running through loop holes, so whatever they experience either: can't be proven or it doesn't qualify as bullying. You've got to be discreet about revenge. That's why society is fucked up.

I'd rather have them in jail suffering than be six feet under and not suffering. Because in the second one, the only one that's suffering is the one with the triple murder charge. Plus, as someone else said, it could trigger the victim to worse things like alcohol or drugs if not suicide.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
I'd rather have them in jail suffering than be six feet under and not suffering. Because in the second one, the only one that's suffering is the one with the triple murder charge. Plus, as someone else said, it could trigger the victim to worse things like alcohol or drugs if not suicide.
I'd rather just gas them, saves the government money, and that's a bona-fide way to make sure they never do it again, besides, death by gas is excruciating.

Space Flight Awards

(#20 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 07:01 AM

jeez guys, we don't even know if they've done anything yet. Hold your judgement until we have an actual result from the court.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
jeez guys, we don't even know if they've done anything yet. Hold your judgement until we have an actual result from the court.
The article says that the boys admitted to the rape when they were interviewed by police. Is that not enough evidence for you?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21 Points: 21,320, Level: 21

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 08:44 AM

If they admitted, and if they are brought to court, I hope it's adult court. They need to understand that adult actions lead to adult consequences. Rape is inexcusable and abhorrently barbaric. The perpetrators should be locked away in a juvenile detention center for the remainder of their youth, attending regular counseling and letting them understand for themselves why they did what they did. A thirteen-year-old's brain is about as far away from reasoning ability as a brain can be, and that's the only reason why I wouldn't have them sent directly into the prison system.

If they behave without any incidents in juvenile detention, they should be conditionally released with permanent criminal records and severe limits on where they can go, who they can talk to, and what they are and are not to do.

Kudos to the victim here for going to authorities so quickly. I would assume that for her, telling someone else that something like that happened to her would be the hardest thing she would ever say in her life. I just hope she's brave enough to testify, if it's needed.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post

The article says that the boys admitted to the rape when they were interviewed by police. Is that not enough evidence for you?
Possibly. The hints in 'interviewed by the police'. They're almost certainly intimidated, would probably admit to anything. I'll only judge when they're convicted. if it's true, it's disgusting and their parents need to be held accountable.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
abandoning Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: no one

Points: 12,613, Level: 16 Points: 12,613, Level: 16 Points: 12,613, Level: 16

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 04:59 PM

sick. wrong. puke.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
TJ- Offline
I am your master.
Average Joe

Name: TJ

Points: 12,053, Level: 16 Points: 12,053, Level: 16 Points: 12,053, Level: 16

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 18th 2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
If they admitted, and if they are brought to court, I hope it's adult court. They need to understand that adult actions lead to adult consequences. Rape is inexcusable and abhorrently barbaric. The perpetrators should be locked away in a juvenile detention center for the remainder of their youth, attending regular counseling and letting them understand for themselves why they did what they did. A thirteen-year-old's brain is about as far away from reasoning ability as a brain can be, and that's the only reason why I wouldn't have them sent directly into the prison system.

If they behave without any incidents in juvenile detention, they should be conditionally released with permanent criminal records and severe limits on where they can go, who they can talk to, and what they are and are not to do.

Kudos to the victim here for going to authorities so quickly. I would assume that for her, telling someone else that something like that happened to her would be the hardest thing she would ever say in her life. I just hope she's brave enough to testify, if it's needed.
They are being charged as juveniles and can face a maximum prison sentence of 12 years (or until 25) years old. This happened about 20 mins from where I live. The area is a complete ghetto.

12:12 PM [Rob] Apart from when n**bs put stuff in their signatures.
12:12 PM [Rob] But then I edit the signatures, ban them, and initiate a full scale cover up.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 19th 2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
They are being charged as juveniles and can face a maximum prison sentence of 12 years (or until 25) years old. This happened about 20 mins from where I live. The area is a complete ghetto.
ONLY TWELVE YEARS!?!?!?!?

I know I may sound harsh to you guys all the time, I know you hate my eugenics, my Fascism, and my harsh views of humanity, but for the lobe of God, hear me out here.

We need to stop this damn epidemic. Maybe if we showed people what happens when you rape an innocent little girl, they would stop. We should bring back public executions, have these bastards gutted in the streets!

Space Flight Awards

(#27 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 19th 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post

I know I may sound harsh to you guys all the time, I know you hate my eugenics, my Fascism, and my harsh views of humanity, but for the lobe of God, hear me out here.

We need to stop this damn epidemic. Maybe if we showed people what happens when you rape an innocent little girl, they would stop. We should bring back public executions, have these bastards gutted in the streets!
Maybe if they realised there was more of a consequence than a few years in a cell they'd realise it's not such a good idea.

It's probably best to address the problem itself though. Find out why some sick bastards think it's acceptable.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Points: 10,617, Level: 15 Points: 10,617, Level: 15 Points: 10,617, Level: 15

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 19th 2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
Ugh the worst thing is I'm not that shocked.
It's sad we're used to hearing about things like this happening so I agree with you. As someone else mentioned there wasn't any regard for human life. They just did what they wanted and didn't care. It just seems the idea of consequences for one's actions isn't too high on people's list sometimes.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: 13-Year-Olds Commit Gang Rape Of Classmate - February 19th 2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post

Before even thinking of applying such measures, it would be good to look back and see if it actually worked. Harsher punishments such as your barbaric ideas, can result in a few things. First, no rape is ever committed again, which is wonderful but other crimes occur at a higher frequency. It's like when a city steps up their police force to crack down on street crimes. That city does get a lower crime rate but surrounding cities get higher crime rates because criminals migrated. Alternatively, more rapes occur. In the US, some states have the death sentence for homicide and almost all states that do have higher homicide rates than those that don't. The result of killing the criminals is that the punishment isn't looked at as something which involves suffering for a long time. Instead, it's a fairly quick, such as sarin gas, it takes around 1 minute and nerve gases take even less. In other words, the punishment is so brief yet extreme that it may not be viewed as a general deterrent, which is what you want it to be.

I suppose this would be pretty infrequent but nonetheless, if someone committed a rape gets found not guilty due to mental disorder (NCRMD or "insanity defense"), what is their punishment? For example, if someone has a severe psychotic disorder combined with or without certain mind-altering drugs, and are not found guilty, do you gas them? If so, you're holding the person responsible for having a certain disorder, not for the crime committed.

There are different types of rapes so would all of them have the criminals gassed? Such as statutory rape when no force was used.

Lastly, would gassing only apply to child rapists? If so, that makes adult rapists seem not as much of a problem despite the victim suffering quite a lot, perhaps the same as the child victim.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
Closed Thread