TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   "Supermarket" Tattoo (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t7486-supermarket-tattoo/)

8evey8 March 9th 2009 02:01 PM

"Supermarket" Tattoo

another reason y, wen getting a tattoo w/ chinese characters u should make sure u kno what they actually mean. i blame this girl for making the classic mistake of trying to get her bf's nickname on her. :haha::haha::haha:

http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/12/s...e-to-stay.html

Skeleton March 9th 2009 02:18 PM

Re: "Supermarket" Tattoo

That's really funny but at the same time, I feel sorry for her. I don't know how she could blame the tattoo parlour though when she really should have confirmed it beforehand, even if the letters were picked from a sheet or whatever in the parlour.

Adean March 9th 2009 05:06 PM

Even then you don't want to get a Chinese tattoo by a nonnative speaker because one misplaced line can screw you up. There are blogs dedicated to messed up Asian tattoos.

Oh, by the way, if you approve a tattoo then it's your own fault. Ask them to draw one up instead of letting them do it free-hand.

R.K. March 9th 2009 09:11 PM

I think it's still better than when people tattoo the names of their lovers, & then split up. Much more awkward...

+ that tattoo is in a pretty hidden place, not like you go around exposing your stomach all year round + it's not like if she's living in US everyone understands those kanji.

Josh! March 9th 2009 09:17 PM

ouch. anyone watch the show rock of love with bret michaels? one of the girls in the top two got his name tattooed on the back of her neck in huge letters.

he didnt pick her. >_<

Sissa March 9th 2009 09:25 PM

She needs to look at the bright side - at least she won't have to explain herself to all of her future boyfriends.

Adean March 9th 2009 09:33 PM

I am a bit confused. Is his name Chinese/Japanese?

Jesus Christ. March 9th 2009 09:43 PM

Oh dear XD, some people do silly things don't they.
Well, I can't get 'TESCO' tattooed on me now, it would look like I'm copying her =/
(I wasn't really considering that BTW)

onesadgummybear March 9th 2009 10:10 PM

that was really funny. that kinda made my day a little.

Hyper Sonic March 9th 2009 10:13 PM

Which is why letters should never be put on. Pictures are much better,nobody would misinterpret a blue hedgehog :p

losing touch. March 9th 2009 10:20 PM

Oh dear. She should just say she loves supermarkets! :D

i_am_me_again March 9th 2009 10:22 PM

Very funny, not for the poor girl though.

Bibliophile March 9th 2009 10:30 PM

Shall I go with 'Tesco', 'Asda' or 'Morrison's' for my next tattoo?
Honestly, she should have checked it was right before getting it done.

losing touch. March 9th 2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie. (Post 77243)
Shall I go with 'Tesco', 'Asda' or 'Morrison's' for my next tattoo?
Honestly, she should have checked it was right before getting it done.

Personally, i'd go for waitrose..

Lee March 9th 2009 11:07 PM

A girl in Australia got "cheap and easy" (or something around that) tattooed on her in chinese. Then her aunt (who is a chinese language teacher) saw it and told her that it meant that. -sigh- There are only four things I'd get tattooed on my body, and all of them are something I've designed. Well, sans one which is really common.

Hyper Sonic March 9th 2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxEllexx (Post 77251)
Personally, i'd go for waitrose..

It's all about ASDA lol, get it on your bumcheek and slap it a la the ads

DoesThisLookInfected? March 9th 2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adean (Post 77174)
I am a bit confused. Is his name Chinese/Japanese?

They're Chinese.

udontno March 10th 2009 12:46 AM

:-/ I would never get anything foreign tattooed on me. Too many mistakes can be made. My dad had his first wife's name tattooed on his arm. He had to get that covered up with a rebel flag after my mother kept pestering him on the subject.

8evey8 March 10th 2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguy74 (Post 77152)
ouch. anyone watch the show rock of love with bret michaels? one of the girls in the top two got his name tattooed on the back of her neck in huge letters.

he didnt pick her. >_<

yea what's up w/ these dumb reality show broads doin that kinda crap. some other chick did the same thing on "
Real Chance of Love. And these girls are all like "oh i wanna show him im committed, cause i dnt want him 2 eliminate me"

talk bout STUPID! :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

eunoia March 10th 2009 02:32 AM

O_o You should never get name or date tattoos, for relationships. It's kind of like dooming it to failure. Oh well, at least it's not in English, eh? :p

CoffeeAddict March 10th 2009 02:37 AM

When getting tattoos in a foreign language, you should always check what it actually says before getting permanently inked on your skin. This happened to a friend of mine, he walked in to a tattoo parlor, picked what he was told was the symbol for strength and got it, no questions asked. It wasn't until he posted it on MySpace that he was told that it didn't actually mean strength lol.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU March 10th 2009 04:14 AM

LMAO... well.. lesson 1) If you're going to get a tattoo, make sure the artists can understand you , lesson 2) If you accept, it's your own fault and should be embarassed. Lesson 3) Give the tattoo some thought.

Blackwing March 10th 2009 04:24 AM

Poor peeps who get tattoos of names they just never work out.

Fictional March 10th 2009 09:36 AM

the chances are, hardly anyone who saw it knew what it meant. until she her story was posted all over the internet :P

Skeleton March 10th 2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictional
the chances are, hardly anyone who saw it knew what it meant. until she her story was posted all over the internet :P

That's probably so true, she could have probably just lied about it but now it's been posted on the internet, it'll be harder to tell some people that it doesn't in fact mean supermarket but something else.