TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 08:29 PM

A MUM whose son has Down's Syndrome is appealing for a woman to have sex with him for the first time.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2323752.ece

I thought that was quite awful and uncomfortable to read. What a way to ruin your sons self esteem aswell.

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats

(#2 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 09:20 PM

That is a little odd. I think that if he wants to have sex, than he should do it without involving his mother to this extent.

--A

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 09:28 PM

Poor Guy mom is willing to sell sons Virginity.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 09:37 PM

Oh my... that's... wow.
His mom makes my skin crawl.
"I always encourage him to go to nightclubs and other places where people pick up women."
"If he doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else"

honestly.

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 09:40 PM

That's just cruel on the mothers part. I can't believe she's so clinical about it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 09:59 PM

Uh... umm.. ehh.. no. Just no.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:27 PM

How exactly is the mother being cruel?

Poor guy but I can completely understand the mothers actions.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Poor Guy mom is willing to sell sons Virginity.
Not exactly. He said in the article that he wanted to have sex, he just hadn't been very successful in picking up women. So his mum is helping him.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:45 PM

I think it's so wrong, though! His mother is basically teaching him to exploit women!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_nicola View Post
I think it's so wrong, though! His mother is basically teaching him to exploit women!
Honestly, he seemed to be quite capable of "exploiting" women for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sun
He said: "Im on a mission to find a girlfriend. My reason is I want to have sex. Im looking for girlfriends everywhere.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:47 PM

In what manner? Wanting to have sex is exploiting women? Offering to pay is exploiting women? If anything, by making him pay, women are exploiting him.

His mother is teaching him that he can get what he wants regardless of how he was born. I think that's a worthy notion.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:50 PM

He's trying to meet women just to have sex. That's wrong. And his mother is encouraging it.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
He's trying to meet women just to have sex. That's wrong. And his mother is encouraging it.
If he makes his intentions clear (he already has) and the women concerned are also only looking for sex, what is so wrong?

(#14 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
If he makes his intentions clear (he already has) and the women concerned are also only looking for sex, what is so wrong?
His mother is encouraging it. I just find it so... wrong.

Just my opinion.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:54 PM

Goodness ... that's just embarrassing for everybody ....

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#16 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 10:56 PM

Well, if that's how they want to go about it. Kind of... strange that his mom is helping him to have sex. But I think that once he does, this might be an ongoing thing. He's not just going to have sex once and stop for good. He's going to keep asking mommy to buy him a new girl.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
His mother is encouraging it. I just find it so... wrong.

Just my opinion.
So she shouldn't help her disabled son to lead a normal and fulfilling life?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 11:02 PM

I never knew Brothels were considered normal.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I never knew Brothels were considered normal.
Clearly you've never been to Amsterdam.

Although she did say that she wouldn't send him to a brothel as it wasn't what he wanted.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 20th 2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Clearly you've never been to Amsterdam.

Although she did say that she wouldn't send him to a brothel as it wasn't what he wanted.
Clearly.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 02:33 AM

Sex can be a wonderful thing. Also, people will do crazier things for sex. Good for him for trying to lead a fulfilling life, seriously. And it seems he is pretty damn honest about his intentions--who could claim being used by someone who tells you their intentions?

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#22 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 03:04 AM

Haha, i just realized something. It looks in the photograph as though the guy is looking at a hot girl. He also has a face somewhat like a chubby and unshaven version of the actor who played Peter Parker in Spiderman.

As for the topic, what is wrong with it? The man wants sex, the mother is helping him, the women would be willing because the mother isn't encouraging rape, so it seems fine to me. Granted, it would be a little unusual finding a girlfriend with your mother behind your back walking with you. Hopefully though, the mother doesn't have to hand him the condoms, instruct him, etc... .

(#23 (permalink)) Old
primus diddy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 04:39 AM

I wouldn't want my mom to try to help me get laid. Creepy.

Otherwise, more power to them. It's really sad that people with disabilities like Downs miss out on that stuff so much of the time. Imagine being in that position. You know that you want to have sex. You know that you're interested in a relationship, but honestly what are the chances of having those desires fulfilled? With a learning disability you're probably not the most fun person to talk to for your average girl. A lot of times people with learning disabilities mature much more slowly than the rest of us. Even if you are very intelligent in a lot of ways you probably have a very tough time expressing yourself. And what about the physical aspect? Most of us can recognize somebody with Downs Syndrome. Most girl wouldn't honestly find the "look" attractive. People normally develop romantic relationships when they're physically attracted to one another AND are stimulated by the other persons personality. People with that condition have huge barriers in both of those areas to overcome.

I don't know, I didn't mean for that to sound insensitive in any way. I feel nothing but empathy for him though. I know that when I go a month without having SOME kind of a romantic connection with a girl I go nuts. Imagine how bad it must be for him.

Searching my heart for its true sorrow,
This is the thing I find it to be:
That I am weary of words and people,
Sick of the city, wanting the sea;

Wanting the sticky, salty sweetness
Of the strong wind and shattered spray;
Wanting the loud sound and the soft sound
Of the big surf that breaks all day.

-Exiled, Edna St. Vincent Millay

(#24 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 12:28 PM

I think that what she's doing is good. She's adopted four kids with down syndrome for a start, and she just wants them to have the best life they can. And like most 21-year old guys, he wants to have sex. So she's helping him, because he may not find dating as easy as someone without down syndrome. I don't see what all the fuss is about, it's not like she's forcing him, she's just supporting him in something he wants to do, and something healthy and natural at that.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 01:17 PM

If anyone is interested, he's in the first half hour (followed by half an hour on asexuality, on two people I know) of a documentry called 'Natalie Cassidy's Real Britain' on iplayer (The BBC show player on there site... I think it's up till Thursday?).

Although Olly explicitly said he wants sex... I don't think it's quite in the way that most people do, I think it's largely an issue of wanting to be loved by someone, and I guess maybe he feels he must have that to be normal. I don't think he'd geniunely be happy with just sex.

The mother bothers me, because she's basically telling her son that he can't be normal unless he gets laid. One of the things she said in the documentry was something along the lines of: 'I dont want my son to be one of those men who still lives at home in his mid-20s, and a virgin'...

I think he stands a much better chance at pulling by going to like social clubs (not bar clubs), or if he can, maybe getting a job or something. But nightclubs really aren't working for him, and I do think he'd be dissatisfyed with a one night stand.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 21st 2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
If anyone is interested, he's in the first half hour (followed by half an hour on asexuality, on two people I know) of a documentry called 'Natalie Cassidy's Real Britain' on iplayer (The BBC show player on there site... I think it's up till Thursday?).

Although Olly explicitly said he wants sex... I don't think it's quite in the way that most people do, I think it's largely an issue of wanting to be loved by someone, and I guess maybe he feels he must have that to be normal. I don't think he'd geniunely be happy with just sex.

The mother bothers me, because she's basically telling her son that he can't be normal unless he gets laid. One of the things she said in the documentry was something along the lines of: 'I dont want my son to be one of those men who still lives at home in his mid-20s, and a virgin'...

I think he stands a much better chance at pulling by going to like social clubs (not bar clubs), or if he can, maybe getting a job or something. But nightclubs really aren't working for him, and I do think he'd be dissatisfyed with a one night stand.
Yeah i saw that programme. I found the second half more interesting than the bit about Otto actually, but it was a good programme. I also saw him on This Morning with his mum, and i couldn't help but feel sorry for him, because they made him look like some charity case who's desperate for sex but won't ever get it, with his mum pretty much saying that he can't find a partner for himself.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 22nd 2009, 12:01 AM

Yes, because that's not embarrassing at all for anyone. I didn't read the article because for some reason my virus scan program said it was an attack site, but if all it is some guy wanting to have sex, why is this in the news? Is that not embarrassing for them at alll?

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#28 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 22nd 2009, 12:21 AM

Well the article to the sun has paid for her son to loose his virginity 5 times over and more. How desperate going to the sun to get rid of your son's virginity.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 22nd 2009, 02:29 AM

The Sun article follows a BBC Three documentry. Otto's story isnt the only one that gone onto the pressure, just the asexuals were in the independant... becuse only the sun would use that story

(#30 (permalink)) Old
samedifference Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 22nd 2009, 09:42 AM

Wow. That's all I have to say! And this woman wants her children to be normal? Well I don't really see selling your sons virginity as normal, but hey, everyones different...

Remember those walls I built?
Well baby they're tumbling down...
and they didn't even put up a fight,
they didn't even make a sound...

(#31 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 23rd 2009, 01:23 PM

So what happens when he loses his virginity and comes back to his mom and wants to have sex again, and again, and again, and again? Is she going to just keep buying him girls or what? Am I the only one that thinks that once he has sex, he's not just going to want to stop?

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Mum appealing for women to have sex with her son - March 23rd 2009, 02:55 PM

Creepy....

There are other ways of getting a girlfriend, and if he thinks that girlfriends are just for sex, he's very misguided. And his mother is... well.... yeah.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
Closed Thread