TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 21st 2009, 02:28 PM

The funniest part of the AIG thing is that Obama became "outraged" by the AIG bonus when there was alot of publicity.

As if he doesn't know LOL. He signed the bill, he could of vetoed it LOL, powerful Democratic Senator said that the Treasury which is controlled by the White House administration told him to change the bill's clause to pervent legality problems LOL. So he changed it. Because AIG is allowed to have bonuses because of there contract formed in 2007.

"The president goes out and says this is not acceptable and then some backroom deal gets cut to let these things get paid out anyway," said Sen. Ron Wyden, (D., Ore.), author of an earlier, alternative pay amendment, told the Associated Press."
-Wall Street Journal

“Career staff officials at the Treasury, Fed and Federal Reserve Bank of New York exchanged e-mail messages about the A.I.G. bonus program as early as late February, according to a person familiar with the matter. A.I.G. itself revealed the bonus plan in regulatory filings last September."
MSNBC

Where is my bonus?
Wake up President Obama isnt GOD! His approval rating was first 84 then it was 60 somthing now its 59 LOL. good job. Blame more at bush maybe you will be better. Or blame AIG for everything when u signed the bill and ordered the federal treasuy to get Dodd to change it.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...0/1844987.aspx
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...y2vDs&refer=us
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1237...cle-outset-box

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 21st 2009, 02:41 PM

Bonus... tax payer money for this! What a shame.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
primus diddy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 21st 2009, 05:41 PM

What a dick. Some things never change.

Quote:
As if he doesn't know LOL. He signed the bill, he could of vetoed it LOL, powerful Democratic Senator said that the Treasury which is controlled by the White House administration told him to change the bill's clause to pervent legality problems LOL. So he changed it. Because AIG is allowed to have bonuses because of there contract formed in 2007.
Can you explain this more thoroughly? I'm having trouble making sense of it.

Nobody ever blamed Bush for this AIG charlie-foxtrot.

Searching my heart for its true sorrow,
This is the thing I find it to be:
That I am weary of words and people,
Sick of the city, wanting the sea;

Wanting the sticky, salty sweetness
Of the strong wind and shattered spray;
Wanting the loud sound and the soft sound
Of the big surf that breaks all day.

-Exiled, Edna St. Vincent Millay

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 02:42 AM

Well, if you actually paid attention rather than jumped to conclusions, you would know that Obama did NOT approve this bonus. It was, in fact, an intentional loophole created by Chris Dodd (D-CT) in the last drafting of the bill when he slipped it in, and the wording was made out to be bland talk inside the bill, so that no one, not even other senators, would notice. This isn't the President's fault, nor is it the majority of Dems or Republicans.

Furthermore, the fact that Burnanke and the chairman of the Federal Reserve failed to reexamine the fine print on the bill does not make blame rest in Obama's lap.

Do your reading next time.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 03:18 AM

Bush isn't to blame anymore its now obamas problem and he still isn't solving the crisis.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Gram Negative Offline
Student
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Bush isn't to blame anymore its now obamas problem and he still isn't solving the crisis.
He is to blame... Solving the crisis? He's been in office for 2 months... You expect him to fix everything in 2 months after the 8 years of bullsh!t?
  Send a message via AIM to Gram Negative  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
WhySoSerious? Offline
Mute Poet
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Jesus, I feel bad for Obama. People expect him to be like God, or the personification of all miracles, but he's just a man, he's only been in office for a couple of months, he can't magically wave his hand and cure the economy... It's just not that easy, he's doing the best he can probably, and anyone else who thinks they could have done a better job, should run for president then and see if they can do it.

~Where death is I am not, where I am death is not, so we never meet~

I'd rather die terrified

than live forever.
We will all die so gloriously, that having ever lived will seem like folly.
-Asofterworld

Send a message via MSN to WhySoSerious?  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
There are two branches of government that need to work carefully on this, with an extent of approval from the Judicial, as well. A Democracy is not an instananeous government; things take time. Obama has been in office for two months; that's just not enough time to "fix" a crisis of this magnitude. Also, the position of President doesn't mobilize blame and shift it to the current occupant of the White House.

In fact, considering how much he's done so far, he should be praised for his work. His reversal of the most ridiculous, restrictive, and illogical Bush era policies have been brilliant, and so far have been done in a timely manner.

Obama, his administration, Congress, economic experts, and all related peersons have given an approximate timeline of the economic recovery. You should know that it's impossible to ressurect an economy in sixty days.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 05:34 PM

The big problem is that Obama basically tried to force everyone to sign a 1100 page bill, when no one even read the damn thing. This is what happens when you do that. You all expected it to be perfect?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
Well, if you actually paid attention rather than jumped to conclusions, you would know that Obama did NOT approve this bonus. It was, in fact, an intentional loophole created by Chris Dodd (D-CT) in the last drafting of the bill when he slipped it in, and the wording was made out to be bland talk inside the bill, so that no one, not even other senators, would notice. This isn't the President's fault, nor is it the majority of Dems or Republicans.

Furthermore, the fact that Burnanke and the chairman of the Federal Reserve failed to reexamine the fine print on the bill does not make blame rest in Obama's lap.

Do your reading next time.
Good Try! Obama signed it. That means he approved it. No Excuse is a good one.

I don't care if he didn't know. He could of created some sort of procedure that pervent anyone from sneaking 11 pages in a bill, which could of pervented this from happening.

Because of that he made a 165 million dollar mistake.

He made a big mistake just like any new home owner in the 2000's that didn't read the fine print or the contract and just signed it.
And Dodd sneaked one in because he told by the US treasury to do it. Which is controlled by the white house...

There is a difference between reading the news, and critical thinking.

PLUS, the Federal Reserve has really nothing to do with this. Its the US Treasury.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 25th 2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post

I don't care if he didn't know. He could of created some sort of procedure that pervent anyone from sneaking 11 pages in a bill, which could of pervented this from happening.

There's critical thinking, and then there's finding any excuse to blame someone you don't like LOL.

You don't know whether he did it intentionally LOL. Obviously since he seemed REALLY PISSED OFF when he learned about it, I'd say he didn't LOL.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Last edited by TigerTank77; March 25th 2009 at 07:02 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 02:51 AM

Obama is a complete flip-flopper. As soon as something looks bleak in the public eye, you can always rely on him to change his mind. His relations with people like Reverend Wright for example. He called this man his 'uncle' and had attended his radical sermons for 20 years... but as soon as the public disapproved, he dropped him like a hot potato.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Gram Negative Offline
Student
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Obama is a complete flip-flopper. As soon as something looks bleak in the public eye, you can always rely on him to change his mind. His relations with people like Reverend Wright for example. He called this man his 'uncle' and had attended his radical sermons for 20 years... but as soon as the public disapproved, he dropped him like a hot potato.
Which person isn't a flip flopper?
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Obama just recently got into office. You expect him to fix all the shit in that short of a time? Maybe if there was only a fine layer of shit but there isn't, there's a bloody big pile of bloody shit.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram Negative View Post
Which person isn't a flip flopper?
GWB stuck to the path which he knew was right regardless of public disapproval. Obama just has no idea.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:

He made a big mistake just like any new home owner in the 2000's that didn't read the fine print or the contract and just signed it.
And Dodd sneaked one in because he told by the US treasury to do it. Which is controlled by the white house...

He actually would not have been able to create a preventative procedure, as Congress would have to approve of it. Furthermore, Dodd is well known for being outside the range of agreement from many Democrats and Republicans, and there's nothing to say that his actions weren't motivated by external interest groups (aka lobbying). He also cannot simply have this done by telling the treasury to do it; the White House doesn't control treasury, which needs to have actions approved in executive and legislative branches.

Also, your lack of grammatical skill really bothers me.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Gram Negative Offline
Student
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 26th 2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
GWB stuck to the path which he knew was right regardless of public disapproval. Obama just has no idea.
GWB changed path on Iraq war by allowing for a time line, changed tactics in Iraq, etc. Said the WMD's were found, then recanted. Here's more http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in646142.shtml
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 27th 2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
He actually would not have been able to create a preventative procedure, as Congress would have to approve of it. Furthermore, Dodd is well known for being outside the range of agreement from many Democrats and Republicans, and there's nothing to say that his actions weren't motivated by external interest groups (aka lobbying). He also cannot simply have this done by telling the treasury to do it; the White House doesn't control treasury, which needs to have actions approved in executive and legislative branches.

Also, your lack of grammatical skill really bothers me.

The White House controls the treasury department. A Secretary is a Cabinet member of the executive branch(which is controlled by the President). The Executive Branch does not require any votes, only the president orders.

And Obama isn't motivated by external interest groups? Just google Obama and Rezko. Thats just one of his lobbist, from his political campaigns.

Rezko is a felon who is connected to many corrupted politicians. Like the former Governor of Illinois. Rezko funded alot of low-income homes in Obama's programs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDHsHM0laT8
= Local Chicago NBC news 5

The video is about Obama's new house he bought from Rezko's house, and how obama gave millions to Rezko.

Your narrow minded ignorance is starting to bother me.

And sorry my grammar is bad, atleast i can speak three languages fluently, Chinese, French and English.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 27th 2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Yep he was also his "Spiritual Advisor", I wonder what is going on in Obama's mind?

Is he a racist?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WMq...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQWuQVE6sw

Or is he just a "flip flopper"?

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Re: Obama Approved Bonus. Then Tries to Block it... Lies of a President - March 27th 2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Yep he was also his "Spiritual Advisor", I wonder what is going on in Obama's mind?

Is he a racist?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WMq...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQWuQVE6sw

Or is he just a "flip flopper"?
I just think he's too new. So he has no idea what positions to take on issue, he doesn't consider cause and effect... thus, he just goes with whatever the public doesn't get outraged at.

Closed Thread