TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aimeelouise Offline
wasted whore.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: aimeee;)

Points: 7,747, Level: 12 Points: 7,747, Level: 12 Points: 7,747, Level: 12

Unhappy bullied for my size?:S - November 20th 2011, 08:28 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so hey, erm, well this is going to sound strange because usually people who get bullied are because they're large *stereotyping here*.

well, awkwardly enough, im bullied because im too skinny.
many of you are like wtf? id love to be skinny. you really wouldn't..

i've been bullied since the age of 6 because of this so called 'fast metabolism'..my mum said i got it from her, but i don't think so..

i mean, i never used to eat as a child, i would never be hungry, id binge eat at home & currently i still am...i eat LOADS, its unbelievable, when im out getting shopping with my mum, she'll have to buy me food for the journey home, even if it was a 5 minute drive..

im so awkward & my friends were in town with my boyfriend & his mates, & they were talking about how 'skinny' i was...which made me feel like crying when i found out, but my mate was sleeping over so i couldnt..

my boyfriend said he doesnt want me to change for the world
but i want to get rid of the bullying... can someone post some links to slowing metabolism or something, i hate this....
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 20th 2011, 08:51 PM

Hiya,

People, unfortunately, get bullied for being both larger and thinner than usual. It's no excuse. IF it makes you feel bad, it shouldn't happen. However, it's nothing that you should feel bad about. You are who you are, and you can't always help it. Don't let them get you down, because no matter how you look, you're undoubtedly beautiful. When people make comments about your size, is there anyone you can tell? Don't treat it any differently to any other kind of bullying, and tell someone who can put a stop to it. Also, instead of letting it hurt you, just smile at them. People who make comments about things like this don't have much else to talk about, so it seems. Smile! They're petty enough to make you feel bad, so do yourself a favour and just...tell yourself they're wrong.

Sorry if this wasn't very helpful, but I really hope it helped a little bit.
Chin up, gorgeous,
Hollie.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 21st 2011, 12:59 AM

The best I can recommend is you eat an ordinary balanced diet, during ordinary meal times, and perhaps that will "even out" your bodily functions such as the metabolism. Try to just generally live healthier, go to bed normal times etc...

Apart from that, you could go to a doctor and ask him to check your thyroid gland out. I think a hyperactive thyroid can cause fast metabolism, and there are drugs which people can take to slow it down. I only recommend drugs as a last resort once you've exhausted other options.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 21st 2011, 06:28 PM

I have a friend who's like you and she was falsly accused of being anorexic and there were probably rumors etc. People who bully you are the one's with the problem. Don't try to change yourself just to make them leave you alone. You are fine the way you are, try not to let it get to you.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 22nd 2011, 04:17 PM

Hey there,

If you eat healthily and live a healthy balanced lifestyle then there would most likely be nothing wrong with your weight. Unfortunately, people do bully others about their sizes, partly down to jealousy, and the easiest thing would be to ignore it. If you feel as though you are unable to ignore it, then I'd suggest confronting the people who comment on your weight and tell them to simply stop and that you don't like the comments, show them that you don't care what they say. If it does get to you, talk to somebody about it, it always helps to talk. You mentioned your boyfriend; he seems the supportive type to talk to. Remember, no matter what anybody says, you ARE beautiful.

Take care.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ronnymajani Offline
RonnyM
Not a n00b

Name: Ronny Majani

Points: 8,796, Level: 13 Points: 8,796, Level: 13 Points: 8,796, Level: 13

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 23rd 2011, 08:22 PM

Well it's jealousy that's making them talk a lot cause you can eat as much as you want and you won't get any fatter in addition to that you are skinny and have the perfect body and you have a loving boyfriend but you shouldn't have faced your friend (the one that was sleeping over) and clean the air between you two and you will see that she will apologize and feel sorry for her actions cause she is jealous and sometimes jealousy makes people upset and try to ruin you or make you seem like you're the odd one out but that doesn't mean that they aren't your friends and anyway you should check a doctor and maybe eat a bit more cause it's not that healthy to be really skinny cause your body needs a bit of fat, so don't worry about it just live your life and if anyone starts talking you face them and clear the air and let them know that if they have a problem with you they should face you like a man (or brave woman in this case). Hope this helped.
Sincerely RNY.M the new teenhelp.org unemployed mentor.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 23rd 2011, 08:30 PM

Hun, some people are just like that. No matter how much you eat you cant get bigger. (I wish I was like that haha) But to tell you the truth, the people who are bullying you are probably jealous of your body. Some girls are small, some girls are large. Its how you were built. Instead of being offended when someone says your so small, smile and nod. Say "I know, its weird isn't it?" and then make a comment about their body. Show them how it makes you feel, but in a nice way. Kill them with kindness. There is nothing wrong with you, and your moms probably right about the metabolism thing. Also, you could talk to your doctor about how you can make yourself more secure in this situation. He/she could help you in some way, but if they cant, don't let this take over your life embrace your body just the way it is. And if your boyfriend is accepting you, and loving you just the way you are, you should do the same! Stay strong!

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#8 (permalink)) Old
iggy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: igor

Points: 8,540, Level: 13 Points: 8,540, Level: 13 Points: 8,540, Level: 13

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 24th 2011, 12:55 AM

hey,

although it might seem strange, the best thing for you to do when someone jokes at your expense is to either laugh with him or if the joke is bad you make fun of him. and don't ignore it when someone calls u a name but rather do the same to them, point out the flaws that they have, as you said people stupidly tend too consider being to skinny as not that big of a deal, use that, everyone has some sort of insecurity. Bully's almost always look for the target who fights back the least, don't be it. good luck!! hope I helped.

HORDE ZLA SARAJEVO 1987
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 24th 2011, 01:51 PM

^
Totally in agreement with the above poster! Be comfortable with who you are. I have friends who are fat and they sometimes crack jokes on themselves! They laugh when we crack jokes at their weight and just crack one back in return.I am a bit overweight too, so (We are all close friends and are just kidding around most of the time so that makes it more of a joke and less serious). Its only till you let their jokes trouble you, you'll feel bullied. Try to be comfortable with your body.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Ghost

Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 24th 2011, 02:17 PM

I have nothing constructive to add, but, be glad you're not a guy. Skinny guys have it even worse.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Points: 10,666, Level: 15 Points: 10,666, Level: 15 Points: 10,666, Level: 15

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 24th 2011, 04:15 PM

Just ignore them, they are probably just jealous of your body and wish they had a body like yours. I would embrace it and accept it.

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 16,768, Level: 18 Points: 16,768, Level: 18 Points: 16,768, Level: 18

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 27th 2011, 05:30 AM

You are beautiful just the way you are. Try not to let their negative comments get to you.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Teddscau Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Robyn

Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13 Points: 8,840, Level: 13

Re: bullied for my size?:S - November 27th 2011, 08:01 PM

Wait, could you try to find a picture of someone on google that's about the same size and height as you so we could get an idea of what they consider "too skinny"? As to be "less skinny", maybe try exercising more and what not to get some nice muscle tone and stuff. Muscle tone can make you look less skinny.
Closed Thread