TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 3rd 2012, 11:59 PM

Hahaha

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...&ncid=webmail4

Thoughts?

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:13 AM

What a bitch. I feel bad for the poor cop.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Baxter Offline
Average Joe

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
It starts with an attempt at self-deprecating humor, saying, "It's Chris ... that ugly bald Stickney cop who gave you that ticket." "I know this may seem crazy and you're probably right, but truth is I have not stopped thinking about you since," it continues. "I don't expect a girl as attractive as you to ... even go for a guy like me, but I'm taking a shot anyways."
The note goes on to say he would understand if Paredes did not get in touch.
"But hey," it continues apologetically, "I did cost you $132 – least I can do is buy you dinner."
Yeah, explain to her all the reasons why she shouldn't go out with you, right before you ask her out. I thought cops were supposed to be authoritative, that's the whole reason why girls like men in uniform dummy! You're a grown man for christs sake. The way he asked her out bothered me more than the story.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:35 AM

I don't know what to make of this case. It's very difficult to prove, obviously. But even if the police officer did do it, so what? I understand that it's an invasion of privacy and whatnot, but do you know how many other people invade the privacy of others? It's incredible.

One time, I was on the phone with a guy who works for my cell phone service provider. We had a three hour conversation, while he was at work, and afterward, he wrote down my number and texted me after work. This was almost three years ago and we're still friends.

There are many worse things that the courts should be dealing with. I think the lawsuit is going way over-board and is completely unnecessary.

SUP BRO.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:40 AM

So he used police resources to stalk a woman. Throw the book at him. And like Baxter says, his game is awful, so revoke his man card along with his badge and gun.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:41 AM

She wants money. Period.
I don't know if it's the same in the USA but here your drivers’ license has your address, so he technically didn't have to access public records. If she didn't want to go on a date just don't respond no need to sue.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
So he used police resources to stalk a woman. Throw the book at him. And like Baxter says, his game is awful, so revoke his man card along with his badge and gun.
There is no proof that he actually even wrote the note. IMO, the note was way too "you're amazing and I'm just crap" and as a result, I'm suspicious.

SUP BRO.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMustang View Post

There is no proof that he actually even wrote the note. IMO, the note was way too "you're amazing and I'm just crap" and as a result, I'm suspicious.
Hmm, OK. Guess I shouldn't have skimmed the article. Allow me to refine my earlier point: if he did it, throw the book at him.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 02:00 AM

This is very interesting! I have yet to hear about this, though I live in the Chicago-land area. I'm sure I'll be hearing about it on the 10 o'clock news eventually.

This would be VERY hard to figure out. I mean, sure, "Chris" described himself in the note, but ANYONE from that police station could have written the note, and just used his name and physical description. Obviously, on the ticket, it will say the officer's name, and other police officer's have access to those records.

Honestly, there is no reason to sue. She wants 15 minutes of fame, which she has gotten but I don't see how she can win this case without more solid proof. Does her apartment have a security camera where they could prove that it was the alleged officer? If not, there is little they can do to prove it's him unless they compare handwriting.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 02:42 AM

1. If this is true, sueing him isn't the correct form of action. If he did truly write that letter, then she should just ignore it if she doesn't want to date him. And if it really bothered her that much, she could have just gone to the police station instead of hiring a lawyer to sue him.

2. Think about it this way. Say he did write the letter. If she liked him, there wouldn't be an uproar over this.

3. Maybe she's just angry about the ticket.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 04:52 AM

If he did, who cares? The dude was taking a shot, and actually seems like a pretty awesome person to hang out with. If a man asking you on a date makes you feel "stalked" (after you provided your liscense, which has your address) then you have paranoia issues. Sure he was kind of unprofessional, but not deserving of THIS. I hope he counter sues for the anguish the trial is putting him through.

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
1. If this is true, sueing him isn't the correct form of action.
I completely agree. Whether or not the cop did it or not, she is trying to find a way to make a quick buck. But I don't blame her at all. It is the American way to sue anyone and everyone for the most ridiculous things.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

2. Think about it this way. Say he did write the letter. If she liked him, there wouldn't be an uproar over this.

Exactly. He didn't harm in her in anyway. And if she liked him or thought he was attractive, this whole fucking thing would never have happened.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Last edited by TigerTank77; January 4th 2012 at 06:15 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 06:28 PM

lol... just lol.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 4th 2012, 06:45 PM

Shamelessly borrowing this from The Man and XX Master, but I feel it's appropriate for this...

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Woman Claims Illinois Cop Asked For Date After Giving Her A Ticket - January 6th 2012, 07:33 PM

Another perfect example of a woman abusing the system for a quick buck. The note itself is very dubious, I don't think he wrote it. Even if he did; so what? Shut the fuck up, deal with it, move on.

Closed Thread