TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gunnar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Gender: I have split personality, and each one has a diferent one

Talking Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 13th 2012, 11:29 PM

This is a new religious torrent, it's pretty simple, the whole ''bible'' is just ''Be as happy as you can be whithout damaging something or someone else.''

As it says, it's all about a free religion, (at least at it's beginings) religion is a way to god, but... what is god? God is (originaly used to be) the good in the universe, the happynes, peace, and all of the good sides of mankind. So, why not to have a new god? I personally use viking runes for meditation, just as a christian would pray.

Or, if you have a simple mind who can't simply believe in science, you can believe in Gods, but you shouldn't let that obstruct your life, for example, you can go to thye church if you want, but you shouldn't be pushed to go if you don't want to, or you can be jude and eat pork, all of those stuff.

THIS RELIGION IS ABOUT FREEDOM AND HAPPYNESS.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 14th 2012, 06:30 AM

This, personally, seems like an odd way to recruit someone. There's nothing here to be recruited to, to be honest. It's like going to a Defence Force recruitment centre and seeing the front door locked with a sign saying "come on in". I just can't agree to join the Defence Force without first getting inside the recruitment centre.

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 14th 2012, 02:41 PM

No. Pantheism isn't also known as neopaganism. At its basic level, pantheism is just that god and the universe are essentially the same thing. Neopaganism is a form of pantheism. There's a difference.

Also Neopaganism is very broad. It isn't just kept to pantheism.

Seriously, what on earth so you mean by 'if you have a simple mind and can't believe in science' ... what? You do realise that says a couple of things. One you're insulting the intellectuals that might defend your religion. Secondly you're saying that ignorant people are more likely to believe in your religion. Is that really a good thing? Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't make it wrong... just saying.

Lastly you spelt happiness wrong.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gunnar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 15th 2012, 02:32 AM

Well... yeah, i'm not very good at giving speeches or anything like that, also, the 'simple minded' is people who simply don't want to know about things, or having to understand things to live on, the ''It works isn'tit? then why should i worry?''

And, what neopaganism has to be with this? i never talked about neopaganism.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 15th 2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
Well... yeah, i'm not very good at giving speeches or anything like that, also, the 'simple minded' is people who simply don't want to know about things, or having to understand things to live on, the ''It works isn'tit? then why should i worry?''

And, what neopaganism has to be with this? i never talked about neopaganism.
I'm not really commenting on your ability to give speeches.

You are inviting people to be ignorant about the world around them. What's the point in that? How is it a worry to learn something. Would you let your child stop attending school just because you wanted to be spiritual? Would you have wanted your mum to do that to you? again... how is that ever a good thing?

I mentioned neopaganism because neotheologism doesn't really have anything to do with this. I don't even think it exists. It's neopaganism that's a form of pantheism.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Gunnar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 16th 2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonsteroids View Post
I'm not really commenting on your ability to give speeches.

You are inviting people to be ignorant about the world around them. What's the point in that? How is it a worry to learn something. Would you let your child stop attending school just because you wanted to be spiritual? Would you have wanted your mum to do that to you? again... how is that ever a good thing?

I mentioned neopaganism because neotheologism doesn't really have anything to do with this. I don't even think it exists. It's neopaganism that's a form of pantheism.
What you're saying about stop learning is what humanity has been doing last 2000 years of christianism, and you're not getting it, it's for you and only for you, you can talk about it and the other people can consider it, but you can't force them

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 16th 2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
What you're saying about stop learning is what humanity has been doing last 2000 years of christianism, and you're not getting it, it's for you and only for you, you can talk about it and the other people can consider it, but you can't force them
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'm just against promoting ignorance. Which is what you're doing.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: Pantheism, (also neotheologism) - June 17th 2012, 08:54 PM

My issue with Pantheism is that it renders God redundant. Why worship something that's omnipresent yet functionless? We don't worship matter, do we?

Closed Thread