TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Wiccan - June 19th 2012, 08:29 AM

Okay, so I've tried experimenting with many different religions, from the most heard of Christian, Judaism, Aethism, etc... to things I hadn't heard about before, Neotheism (is that right?)Shamanic (only a bit) and Pantheism. So I told my dad I was trying to find the religion to best fit my beliefs (he's Pagan so I thought maybe he could teach me a bit about what he believes, especially since he and his friends wrote a whole book on it), and he did tell me about his beliefs, and I did agree with most of it but not all, and also my birthday present from him was a book on Wicca, and I've been reading it, and he also gave me another book by the same author, also about Wiccan religion and lifestyle, that he used to help base his Pagan beliefs on and to understand his Paganism.

Point being, I love these books, and they help so much, but I was wondering if maybe I could get some input from others on here who are Wiccan, I'm really thinking this is the way for me, but I want to hear from others who are Wiccan or may have even considered it and tried it before. I love the books, and they are written by a pretty well known author to some, and he's Wiccan, so I trust them haha, but yeah. Some info and input from peers would be great.

You are worth it keep-holdin-on.tumblr.com

"It's all well and good to apologize to me but if at the end of the day I still mean so little to you, then treat me like a puppy and leave me on the street you dumped me on, don't come back to pick me up just so you can drop me on the concrete again." -Cheye Masters

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)

Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Re: Wiccan - June 19th 2012, 06:33 PM

Well, I LOVED being Wiccan, i felt the power, the energy, but i didnt like the whole "dont hurt people" thing so I basically became a Satanist, i still use magic but i have different rules and its athiest too, Wicca isnt for everyone but if its for you, you will know it, ask the goddess and just see whats in your heart

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Wiccan - June 19th 2012, 06:42 PM

I did my bout in Wicca. I loved the Wiccan Rede. I thought the rules were good and the followers were kind.

The magic, eh. The creation story, eh. None of it has any evidence, the same any other religion. The only difference is the beliefs are less repugnant, especially for women.

It was a nice security blanket before eventually moving onto atheism.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Astrael Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: Wiccan - June 23rd 2012, 12:18 AM

I'm currently Wiccan and I love it. Us here can't tell you whats right for you or not, you have to feel it.
Perform or participate in a ritual to see if you like it. That was my first instinct as to figuring out it was the right religion for me, and now I'm a key member in a coven a friend of mine is in charge of.

"Once in a while we have to do something that scares us. Whoever says that what I want to do /doesn't/ scare me to death, is wrong. It scares me so much more than that."

If you have any questions about ghosts, spirits, Wicca, earth angels or if you just want to talk, PM me. I can help.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jen

Re: Wiccan - June 23rd 2012, 05:41 AM

I've been part of the craft now for about 10 years. I teach a beginner's class once or twice a year, depending on people's interest, & have a coven. The biggest misconception of the religion is that it is always called "Wicca". Witchcraft is to Christianity as Wicca is to Lutheran. Witchcraft is the "main title", whereas Wicca is a 'denomination' if you will, (tradition, being the real word, not denomination) of Witchcraft. I myself am an eclectic, meaning that I pick and choose from different Pagan beliefs, to fit into what I believe. I practice most from Native American, Egyptian, Celtic, Greek, Shamanism, and a few others.

The best thing I tell everyone to do is to *read* and *research* ! There are so many different traditions! The more you know, the more educated you can be on whatever path you choose, and have a reasoning behind it. Don't limit yourself to one tradition. As for the research part, it doesn't have to always be in books! Research your feelings on performing a ritual, or write up a poem for the Goddess and read it to her at night, or meditate (which is *awesome* by the way lol), or, or, or..... The list is endless. As long as it *feels* right to you, and makes sense to you, that's all that matters.

A computer once beat me at chess,
but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

I'm always here if you want to talk!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
inFAMOUS Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kody

Re: Wiccan - June 23rd 2012, 06:08 AM

I love being a wiccan! i have been practicing for about a year, although i havent been able to find a coven yet. its a peacefull and loving religion, i really like it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Wiccan - June 23rd 2012, 11:23 PM

Form your own beliefs and follow them; not the other way around. There's no need to put a label on everything, which i think is what you are trying to do. You already know what you believe, you're just trying to find a way to label it. Don't!

You've got these ideals and beliefs in your head and you're looking at a list of religions and going "Nope, nope, yep, nope, nope, yep, yep, nope" in the hope you'll find 'the one for you'. I know because I've been in that position before. I remember that at the end of it I took a step back and thought "Why am I even doing this? All this comes down to is labelling my beliefs... none of these religions have more convincing evidence than the other, and I'm disregarding it so I can feel as if I belong to a group." Perhaps I'm projecting, but that might be what you're doing. If so, I hope you realise you don't need to.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Wiccan - June 24th 2012, 05:24 AM

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm still reading into it and really enjoying it, I have yet to practice but after I do, I'll see if it truly is the one for me and if not, then I may just stop trying to label my beliefs after all like Matthew suggested.

You are worth it keep-holdin-on.tumblr.com

"It's all well and good to apologize to me but if at the end of the day I still mean so little to you, then treat me like a puppy and leave me on the street you dumped me on, don't come back to pick me up just so you can drop me on the concrete again." -Cheye Masters

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)

Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread