TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Richard

Question Start over - June 20th 2012, 04:18 AM

So I didn't know where to put this. So the thing is I'm a Christian and I am proud of it to. But sadly I did things in my life I not proud of and should of not done. My question to you is I want to start my life over but I do not know how to do that yet. And it begs me having these things on my back and i cant forget them. i want them gone and want to be a better person. and not worry about sins and all.

Thanks

MCSAR

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Start over - June 20th 2012, 04:50 AM

Can't you just ask Jesus Christ to hit the reset button for you? I thought that was his job.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Start over - June 20th 2012, 05:05 AM

well i mean i have stop alot of things but not all. but i still got all the sins and stuff that drives me crazy and i just cant forget them.

MCSAR

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Start over - June 20th 2012, 05:11 AM

When you ask Jesus to forgive you for killing him, he takes your sins away. Christianity 101.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrael Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: Start over - June 22nd 2012, 11:22 PM

Ask your local priest or reverend for advice on this, im sure he'd have the best idea of how to spiritually cleanse you

"Once in a while we have to do something that scares us. Whoever says that what I want to do /doesn't/ scare me to death, is wrong. It scares me so much more than that."

If you have any questions about ghosts, spirits, Wicca, earth angels or if you just want to talk, PM me. I can help.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BestFriend Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Start over - June 26th 2012, 03:29 PM

do you know what is christianity all about? it about love, girl, love and, guess what, FORGIVNESS. God is always waiting for you and if you are ready to start over, you can do that because: people make mistakes and God forgives.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Start over - June 27th 2012, 03:47 PM

Baggage is a common struggle with many Christians. A lot of churches actually have support groups to have help and to help with getting rid of baggage and accountability groups to work on areas where people are flawed. If your current church doesn't have either of these, you could talk to your main pastor(s) about starting them. If you have any questions about going about this, or about ideas, topics, verses, or exercises feel free to pm me. Hope this helped.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Start over - June 27th 2012, 10:21 PM

Hi there Richard!

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying to his - hope I can still be of some help. I can totally relate to everything you are saying here mate. You have to learn to forgive yourself and actually let it go to God. He has already forgiven you - you just haven't accepted that yet. What I've done before is written things down on bits of paper, then scrunched them up and either shredded them or set them on fire, or got rid of them somehow. That symbolises the letting go, which can help. Could you perhaps pray it through with some friends too, or a member of your church? They can be there to support you through this. The key thing to remember is that you are forgiven!

Hope that has helped.
Take care,
Anna.

[Edit] Shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it some more and I will try help!

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

Last edited by Beautiful Disaster; June 27th 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added a bit. :]

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Start over - June 28th 2012, 07:34 PM

thanks anna. I like that idea writing on paper and burning it. if i write it and do something else like shredding it i would know it still there just cut up. so i think burning would be better then that way it totally gone.

MCSAR

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread