TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Patricia92 Offline
Child of God
Not a n00b

Name: Patricia

Smile Let Grace Abound - Devotional - September 5th 2012, 12:36 AM

Hi guys. Let me know what you think and if you want to see more devotionals from me! It took me a good while to figure out what this would be about but I heard a sermon on the radio one evening and I thought that I would take the same passage and give it a whirl. It turned out quite nicely. If you want to see more devotionals, just send me a PM and tell me what kind of things you would like to see and if you have any favorite passages. I can also dissect a few hymns. So here it goes:

Let grace abound! That should be the prayer of every Christian that walks the face of this planet. Let God's grace abound in a world of no mercy, no tolerance for righteousness or justice, and just plain right down EVILDOING!!! Let grace also abound in the righteous hearts of Christian men and women who don't mind doing the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. But most importantly, let grace abound in the life of a new believer or a son or daughter coming back to the Lord after a period of straying. Let us pray: Loving Father, let us not forget your abounding grace, even when we were lost and undone without you! Even when we strayed so far in sin, it was your grace that brought us thus far. It was by grace that we were saved. It was by grace that you did not send us to an awful place called hell. Lord bless the reading of your Word and let all who read it be blessed. In the most wonderful, gracious name of Jesus, AMEN!!!
Turn to Luke 15: 11-24. Our message for today will ask God to let grace abound; not only in the lives of veteran Christians, but in new believers and returning Christians, keeping in mind that "...there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Luke 15:10.
The younger of the sons in our Scripture is a perfect image of a young person in the 21st century. He wanted his allowance, he wanted his possessions; he just wanted everything that belonged to him that very second. He thought he could handle it all on his own. He, like the young people of today, probably did not feel the need for God. Maybe he had neglected his spiritual life and was running away from God. Whatever the case may be, he took what belonged to him and went away somewhere. We can imagine his father was heartbroken. Doesn't that sound like God when we sin or go astray? Does it also sound like God when the father did not force his son to stay home? Our Scripture says that after a few days he "...wasted his substance with riotous living." He was no different than today's unbelievers. They do whatever they please with their own lives with no thought of where they are going to end up one day. This boy had no idea that he was going to end up in poverty and with no place to sleep, but he did. Today, most young people will not end up in poverty, but they do end up in jail and sometimes dead. It's the harsh reality but true! Our young man stayed with "...a citizen of that country." He began working for food. He hung out with the pigs, literally! He ate what the pigs ate when he was hungry. This man was purely miserable after a while. In verse 17, we see that he finally relented and realized that he needed to go back home. He needed forgiveness. Sometimes in the modern world, it takes being miserable to realize that we need God. It takes the loss of a home, a job, or a loved one. It takes a divorce, a rebellious child, or a fallout in the church. It is sad that God has to use difficult circumstances to humble us enough to turn to Him. When this young man found his way home, his father saw him "...a great way off...and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." Isn't that what our loving Heavenly Father does when we return to Him? When an unrepentant soul realizes their need for Him, doesn't He wrap his big loving arms around us and say, "Welcome home my child"? The son admitted his faults as he had planned and he was forgiven! LET GRACE ABOUND!!! There was an abundance of grace that day! I'm sure there was a marvelous celebration in that household. When one comes to salvation in Christ, there is a great celebration in Heaven according to Luke 15:10. Verse 24 sums it all up. "For this my son was dead, and us alive again; he was lost, and is found..." The great Christian hymn of the faith Amazing Grace was based upon that verse.
Lord, let grace abound.
Every person has a decision to make. They can make all kind of decisions from what car to buy, what college to go to, or even who to marry. But there is one decision that is most important, and that is where you will spend eternity. There will be some who will read this that have never received Jesus Christ. Today is the day of salvation. I urge you to make that decision. I urge you to come home to your Heavenly Father. He is waiting for you. Pray this prayer after me:
Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died for me and that you're coming back for me. I believe that you rose from the dead. Lord I now ask you to come into my heart and save me. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Closed Thread