TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Smile Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 12th 2012, 09:46 AM

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this thread and (I'm sorry, if it is against any religions but I thought it would boost the confidence for some fellow Christian's out there)

Jeremiah 29:11
11 I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not diasaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.

Now it is your turn, I'll come back with a few more for you guys, one a day have a great night/day

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 12th 2012, 12:32 PM

And He will judge between the nations, and will render decisions for many peoples; and they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, and never again will they learn war.

Isaiah 2:4

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 12th 2012, 12:54 PM

2 Samuel 3:14 Then David sent messengers to Ish-Bosheth son of Saul, demanding, "Give me my wife Michal, whom I betrothed to myself for the price of a hundred Philistine foreskins."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassady(or Cass)

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 12th 2012, 03:48 PM

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33
  Send a message via Yahoo to Cap's girl  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 12th 2012, 09:54 PM

Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

This verse alone shows why I renounced Christianity.

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 12:02 AM

Matthew 4:4
4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

I love this, my church last year decided to fast and when we were hungry we were supposed to pray and read our bibles. I never fell hungry, and if anyone knew me you'd know even boredom makes me hungry :P

Jay.
P.S. Thanks for participating.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 04:15 AM

Psalm 137:9 (NASB)
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ELEVATE
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 04:53 AM

My favourite verse at the moment:

1 John 4:4

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 05:35 AM

I enjoy this one

Psalm 145:8-9
8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. 9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

I enjoy this because I can lean on it and tell myself "God knows I will make mistakes, but he will treat every decision I make with love, that at the first blush of a mistake he won't blow up. That he forgives everything I do if I seek salvation have a great day guys.

Jay.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 11:56 AM

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
This shows that Christ can give us a kind of comfort and peace that no one else on earth can, all we have to do is ask and be willing to let him.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 12:13 PM

"And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark." Genesis Chapter 7

Later, Noah, the drunkard, and his family, the only family worth saving, repopulate the barren earth via incest, as does every other living creature.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 04:27 PM

I wouldn't say this is my favorite, but it's one that's really helping me right now:

"The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." -Dueteronomy 31:8

It reminds me that I can just focus on what God wants of me RIGHT NOW and let Him deal with the future so I don't have to worry about it. He goes ahead of me to take care of it. He also doesn't fail, so I can trust that when He goes ahead of me, the right thing will be done. I have no reason to ever fear. Another one that reminds me of the same thing is:

"Do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34

My favorite verses EVER are probably:

"I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God." -Acts 20:24

"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8

Last edited by Megan1; September 13th 2012 at 04:33 PM.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 13th 2012, 11:24 PM

Esmerelda: in the bible, you'll notice that all the desciples and people God used were the "original" people, unschooled, not perfect, plus, he took his wife, his children had their wifes but, yeah you could call it incest unless you actually READ it. Not, just focus on the "bad" verses, but look at the whole scripture.

My verse:
Titus 3:7
7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassady(or Cass)

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 14th 2012, 12:05 AM

All through the Bible are instances of God using "flawed" people to fulfill his purpose, no one's perfect but God loves us anyways.
My verse:
"If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."
Psalm 37:23-24
  Send a message via Yahoo to Cap's girl  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 14th 2012, 01:03 AM

God didn't want to choose the perople with the best lives, the most money, the best children. He wanted to choose the people who didn't have much to show others how far they had come

Acts 4:13
13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realised that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that they had been with Jesus.

In this verse I'll tell you the instance ordinary is used, ordinary in greek means stupid. It's saying that God used unschooled, stupid people over the smartest people
God uses the wounded warriors. A church is not a museum to display the best, but a hospital for the weak and broken hearted

Jay.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Ceinwyn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Isobel
Location: I'm a free spirit yo... Just haven't found the way out of leicester yet

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 20th 2012, 04:39 PM

As tempting as it was to make a pulp fiction reference, I'm gonna be serious about this

My favourite quote from the bible is, very simply 'Love thy neighbour' I know, not very original, but this quote sums up (to me at least) everything and all that a religion should be, love and acceptance. a world without hate or judgement.

kinda cliche but hey, it works

Love ya'll

Women are women, regardless of sex,
and men are men, in the same respects.

You can be both, or a mix of the two,
or you can be neither, if that's what suits you.

But people are people, whatever their parts,
because what really matters, is inside of our hearts.

*Some poem I found on the internet*

(#17 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 20th 2012, 05:00 PM

Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. "

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Post Your Favourite Bible Quotes - September 22nd 2012, 01:40 AM

Haha, great verse mate I used to go to women's church and they talked on Psalm 23

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.

In this verse, it is actually talking about being a born again christian! You know what happens when you give your heart to the Lord? He casts away the old self, we become a member of his body and we become something new. We may not BE perfect, but we are to him. In his eyes we are worthy, in his eyes every mistake we have done leads us straight back to him!

My class was talking about this last night. If we are, say, we are an eye, but we become jealous of the ear, this is only an example right. But we start trying to be an ear, it wouldn't work, right? We are an EYE, not an EAR, so in this, we should be ourselves and not try to be anyone else. Because, you know why? We were made for a PURPOSE and that PURPOSE is different to someone elses!

If we try to be something we are not, it doesn't work, if I tried to do hurdles, you know what would happen? I'd trip and fall on my face, that is not what I can do! We play to our strengths and try to work on our weaknesses. We say: Hey, look what that person over there is doing, I'm going to try that to!
We need to be ourselves, and make a trail where there is not one so that we can be unique! We were born unique, let's not die as a COPY!

Have a great week guys!
Jay.

Closed Thread