TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
prettygale17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie

Love - September 20th 2012, 01:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So most people know that we should practice no sex till marriage right?and how God wants us to save ourselves and what not But someone asked me a really good question which i had no answer to but um you say your first time should be with your husband which you are in love with him so what is the difference of being in love and being husband and wife? I'm not trying to debate with gods words or anything I just wanted to know

Last edited by prettygale17; September 20th 2012 at 02:02 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Love - September 20th 2012, 01:59 AM

Being in love you feel like you cannot live without the other person.

Husband and wife is just a formality to show your affection for each other, in wedlock your love should grow and mature.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Love - September 20th 2012, 02:17 AM

I think a all loving, all knowing, all good God would know that sex with someone you love is a good thing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Love - September 21st 2012, 03:33 AM

Personally I'm against abstinence. But I do think that being in love is a lot more important when it comes to sex than being married. There are plenty of married people out there not in love, why do they get to enjoy sex and a loving couple who just happens not to be married can't?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Love - September 21st 2012, 05:24 PM

Love is an emotional connection to someone.

Marriage is a legal connection to one another.

While I personally do not believe in waiting until marriage to have sex with your partner I do believe that you should be very particular with who you have sex with and wait until you are older.

I undertand those who want to wait though. Having that connection with your partner builds a really strong fountain for a marriage. Only ever being with your partner creates an extra special bond between the two of you that you do not having with anyone else. So I can see why some people wish to live that way.

Exactly why Christians believe that god wants this for everyone, I am not sure. I hope someone here can explain that for you as I am not Christian.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Love - September 22nd 2012, 06:13 PM

I personally don't think that sex needs to be saved until marriage. Sex can be many things, but at its best I see it as a beautiful act of love and intimacy. Ergo, I believe sex is the physical fruit of love. You can be married and not be in love with someone. But you can be in a beautiful, deep and loving relationship and not be married. It's a commitment of the heart and soul, not of the law. So I personally don't see the point in necessarily saving oneself for marriage, for some Special One Person (I don't believe in having a single soul mate), when you find that connection with someone and want to share it with them. Nothing compares to that experience, and I believe it can happen whether or not you are married and still be good.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Love - September 23rd 2012, 09:15 PM

I think that everyone else has pretty much stolen the words from me.

Love is a deep emotional connection to someone whereas marriage is a contract between to people. I honestly do not believe that you need to be married to be in love. I think that there are people who believe that with marriage the love can mature but you do not need marriage for love to mature. I think, and I am sure there are going to be debates about this, within society, there are benefits that come along with marriage that do not come if two people are not married.

I mean, there are people who have been together for 10 years or longer and don't want to get married and are very committed to one another. Marriage is not for everyone but that does not mean that they are any less in love etc.

I also do not believe that you need to wait until marriage to have sex but I think you should wait until you are older and have been in a committed relationship before taking that step.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread