TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Question Judgement Day.... - August 13th 2013, 02:48 AM

Apocalypse. The End Of The World. Judgement Day.
The Bible, not gonna lie, makes it sound awful. But recently I found out that the Bible isn't supposed to be taken absolutely literally (of course, all of my teachers forgot to mention that part). However, is the Judgement Day supposed to be taken just as poetic and metaphorical?

Here's my reasoning behind asking, just so its out there: I was watching a movie, about the apocalypse actually happening. Its called The Seventh Sign. Anyways, the movie is basically the seven signs of the end of the world, and the lamb/angel making them happen. You know, seas boiling, moon turning to blood, earthquakes, etc etc etc. Also, the main woman in the story, is to give birth to the first soul-less child. That's the gist of the movie, since "the guf" (which I can't find anything about in the bible... the guf is where the souls were kept apparently) was empty (no more souls), and thus the end of the world. Bam.

....so maybe there's someone on here, though I'm really not sure there is, that could help me out, answer some of my questions since I'm gonna read all of Revelation tonight. Revelations is all about the end, so... yeah.

But, is the guf even related to the Bible or to Judgement Day?

Um... will God let the apocalypse happen? Like, are we supposed to be prepared like it says in scripture to be? Or is it just a metaphor.

.... going along with that, my final question, what is it trying to tell us or warn us of? If I'm not supposed to accept that earthquakes and winds and plagues will erupt, than what?

....and then. Well. Anything really... anything someone knows about Revelations or the end of the world or the guf or the seven signs... anything at all. I'm having a streak of wonder

Thanks fellow TeenHelpers.... hopefully

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Noire Online
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 13th 2013, 04:13 AM

First of all, I would really like to point out that this is from a movie. While it may be loosely (and it sounds very loosely) based on the Bible, much of it is embellished and/or completely made-up. You will get those on here who will also say the Bible is made up, but that's another story. For you, it seems, the Bible and Judgment Day are very real, and that is what matters.

Relating to the movie thing, the guff is not real, the reason being that in neither the Old or New Testaments is there a storehouse of souls in Heaven. That is fictionalized by the film you watched. So no, not related.

Will God really let Judgment Day happen? Well, it depends on what you believe. Some say yes. Others say no. Kind of like how some believe the Bible is literal, and others figurative. Personally, I have no idea, so I can't really tell you, and my beliefs regarding the Bible are a little untraditional anyway. I personally try not to live my life in fear of judgment day, and instead try to live it as a good person should, you know, love your neighbor, etc. etc.

The Bible tells us that no one really knows when the moment of rapture will be but God. So, always be ready. Not in a weird, paranoid way, where you wonder every day if it's Judgment Day, but in a "I know I've got my ducks in a row way." I suppose that basically means accepting Jesus as your savior and living life as the Bible says you should, whatever that means to you.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 13th 2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixYou♥ View Post
Apocalypse. The End Of The World. Judgement Day.
The Bible, not gonna lie, makes it sound awful. But recently I found out that the Bible isn't supposed to be taken absolutely literally (of course, all of my teachers forgot to mention that part). However, is the Judgement Day supposed to be taken just as poetic and metaphorical?

Here's my reasoning behind asking, just so its out there: I was watching a movie, about the apocalypse actually happening. Its called The Seventh Sign. Anyways, the movie is basically the seven signs of the end of the world, and the lamb/angel making them happen. You know, seas boiling, moon turning to blood, earthquakes, etc etc etc. Also, the main woman in the story, is to give birth to the first soul-less child. That's the gist of the movie, since "the guf" (which I can't find anything about in the bible... the guf is where the souls were kept apparently) was empty (no more souls), and thus the end of the world. Bam.

....so maybe there's someone on here, though I'm really not sure there is, that could help me out, answer some of my questions since I'm gonna read all of Revelation tonight. Revelations is all about the end, so... yeah.

But, is the guf even related to the Bible or to Judgement Day?

Um... will God let the apocalypse happen? Like, are we supposed to be prepared like it says in scripture to be? Or is it just a metaphor.

.... going along with that, my final question, what is it trying to tell us or warn us of? If I'm not supposed to accept that earthquakes and winds and plagues will erupt, than what?

....and then. Well. Anything really... anything someone knows about Revelations or the end of the world or the guf or the seven signs... anything at all. I'm having a streak of wonder

Thanks fellow TeenHelpers.... hopefully
It depends who you ask. Even famous theologians like John Calvin and Martin Luther disagreed on what Revelation meant. Martin Luther even hinted at saying that all of the creatures are not to be taken literal, and anyone who does is childish. Generally speaking, Prophecies in the Bible are literal, but have a lot of symbolism. That is, whatever a Prophecy says will happen, happens. But, not 100% as stated. For example, somewhere in Revelation it talks about god using a sword from his mouth to judge the nations. Theologians say that this is not a literal sword. Why? Because how would someone talk with a sword in their mouth? So, it is simply believed that god is going to judge the nations harshly, and perhaps the "sword" is just a symbol of how harsh it is going to be, or maybe the sword means the bible. Anyways, if Revelation is true, it should be understood that whatever happens will be terrible. Literal, or not.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 13th 2013, 04:58 PM

Also I'm pretty sure the Chamber of Guf/Guph/Gup is a Jewish myth, which means it has no relevance to the Christian myth that is the Revelations.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 13th 2013, 05:23 PM

Well, from what I understand from the bible is that it's all lessons and soul-reaching into places of perceptive you never been to. This judgement day is just to prepare the human mind to be able to comprehend the end of the world, for example the black death long ago in history, in the eyes of folk was meant as the end of the world. A horrible disease (is it a disease?) to be having, and to people back then meant the non-literal end of the world since all you see is constantly death surrounding you and cutting it way inside you.

That's just an example but World wars almost touch the mark.
The meaning in what I see, the end for Humanity can be anything: Earthquakes, zombies, nuclear war, alien invasion and all other things that can end either our lives or morality.
The lesson as far as I can see is to prepare you in every way possible in case of an 'end of the world'.

Last edited by Forging Galaxies; August 14th 2013 at 11:43 AM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Alexisdominique Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexi

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 16th 2013, 06:44 AM

I mean no one really knows. I believe the only person who'll know what it'll be like is God and as long as you believe in God and love God you'll be fine .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Name: Brandon

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 16th 2013, 07:01 AM

Yes God is gonna let judgement day happen the bible says when it does happen every knee shall bow and every tougne shall confess, Im sorry this world cant go on and will not go on for to much longer, God is getting ready to come back to get his people we are in the end times, Have you heard of the New World Order? Also read revelations

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 17th 2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Yes God is gonna let judgement day happen the bible says when it does happen every knee shall bow and every tougne shall confess, Im sorry this world cant go on and will not go on for to much longer, God is getting ready to come back to get his people we are in the end times, Have you heard of the New World Order? Also read revelations
But then what?
When we bow and confess our crimes we kept secret, are we really to be judged a passage to either Hell or Heaven?
I just find that too cruel, the bad people will be cleansed. Staying in hell just to be punish for all eternity is unfit and I would prefer those who are evil and bad to begin life again, in another person and a different perceptive so that they can start again and unaware of their last life since there's no connection to the last life anymore.
Let's say someone killed my family (I know, cruel as well but it's to explain my point), and the killer is executed by the death chair. I still be mad knowing that this very person that's under me is still there and I would dig my way to hell just to... dismiss him again.

lol, getting off-topic but my curiosity can't resist the tension to ask.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Accio Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Judgement Day.... - August 21st 2013, 11:04 PM

Keep in mind, Revelation is open to interpretation, as it's a prophecy by John. I was always told not to take Revelation and run with it with just the words, but to look and analyze what it means.

Closed Thread