TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Haunted Houses and Horror Movie Opinions? - October 28th 2013, 01:24 AM

I believe in and practice the Roman Catholic Church, and I recently heard another Catholic say that she finds haunted houses and horror movies to be sinful. I've never thought of them as being bad things(though I do not agree with much of the sexuality of both), just for fun. She brought up the point that they make us see the bad side of life, though they do seem to be the only things that even mention God or a higher-power anymore. I've never heard of anyone believing them to be sinful, though I can understand the thought process behind it now(I do not agree with it on most points). I'm just wondering what other opinions on this are!

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Haunted Houses and Horror Movie Opinions? - October 28th 2013, 03:56 AM

I'm not a religious person. But even when I went to church & thought of myself as a Christian, I've always loved horror movies & Halloween & haunted houses. I love all that scary stuff. I don't even believe in ghosts & such, but I love the mystery & fun behind it all. I don't think that's sinful. But I do know some churches are against Halloween or don't read books such as Harry Potter because they do think it's sinful. I'm just not sure where they get the idea that it is. Probably something to do with the devil, I just don't see the relation.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Haunted Houses and Horror Movie Opinions? - October 28th 2013, 02:44 PM

I dont think watching horror movies or taking part in things like halloween is a sin. Horror movies are made for enjoyment. Whilst some horror movies have myths atached to them like the texas chainsaw masacare etc where the cast who starred in them - have all got ill or been in accidnets, I wouldn't put it down to coinsidence more down unusual circumstances etc and maybe starring in those films made them ill. As to weather or not they are sin to watch etc is a different matter I dont think they are a sin.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Haunted Houses and Horror Movie Opinions? - October 28th 2013, 05:30 PM

Some people view it as being very, very sinful. A King of the Hill episode was about the neighbors setting up alternatives to Halloween because it was so evil. If you want to see how passionate people can be against Halloween, look up Jack Chick. He is extremely offensive with his cartoons aimed at children.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0032/0032_01.asp

Keep in mind that's made for children.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Re: Haunted Houses and Horror Movie Opinions? - October 28th 2013, 06:44 PM

In my opinion, I believe that if you don't necessarily believe in the things that are in the haunted house or movie, then you should be fine. But that's just me. I love haunted house and I love scary movies. I'm a christian, but I don't think I'm going to hell just because I'm watching a movie... hope I helped.

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
Closed Thread