TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cherrypie36 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: meris

Jehovah's witness issue? - November 2nd 2013, 07:22 PM

okay so my girlfriend's mother is a Jehovah's witness and her dad is christian, her dad doesn't accept homosexuals from what I've heard ...and her mother, she is religious as she goes to these meetings every other night or something (not sure about that) and my girlfriend hasn't told her her mother she is bisexual, nor that she is with me.

My girlfriend isn't ready to tell her mother and we've been dating a month and i know, that it's hard for her but last Friday, when me and my dad went to pick her up, her mother looked me dead in the eye and smiled at me....she is a sweet woman, has been through a lot. has to deal with my girlfriend cutting herself and is strong woman and looking at her was so hard because, she thought, i was just her friend, not her girlfriend and i hated having to look her in the eye and know that I was hiding the truth from her.
my girlfriend doesn't know how her mother feels towards gays but she thinks she accepts them.

How do Jehovah witnesses feel towards homosexuality?
should my girlfriend tell her mom? that she is bisexual and that she is with me? or no?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Jehovah's witness issue? - November 2nd 2013, 09:04 PM

From what I found online, they consider being gay as a sin. Although they do acknowledge that members may be gay, and just have to abstain from any homosexual behavior since it is a "serious sin". So her mother should be fine with the fact that you 2 are dating and all, I just wouldn't bring up anymore then that with her, not that anything beyond that is even her business to know. Although she may have views that are outside her religion and might not accept it at all, I would just think it through and be prepared for whatever comes of her being told if/when it is brought up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cherrypie36 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: meris

Re: Jehovah's witness issue? - November 2nd 2013, 09:20 PM

see, i feel as if she knows about me and her dating, she wont let my girlfriend see me if fear of having sex or doing homosexual 'acts' or whatever

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Jehovah's witness issue? - November 3rd 2013, 03:31 PM

I used to have a friend who's a JW. She knew I was gay and was fine with it although she was rather blunt in pointing out that, quoting her, "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". I think everyone's different and I honestly don't know how your girlfriend's mum is going to react if she found out but it can depend on the person and how much they love their child. You could consider asking her what she thinks of homosexuality and if she's ever had any as friends. I know it must be a lot of pressure for both you and your girlfriend because her mum seems really nice and you've both got this big secret from her. Maybe in time you could see if your dad could tell her mum? It may sound better coming from another adult. Otherwise she might think her daughter's going through a phase or come up with something else.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Jehovah's witness issue? - November 4th 2013, 12:34 PM

Well, one big thing is to remember she is a person. Some people may belong to a religion but may not follow that trends. Just because she is a Jehovah Witness does not mean she will accept homosexuals and just because she is a Jehovah Witness does not mean she'll not accept homosexuals.

Also, there may be a difference between homosexuals in general and her daughter being one. Not to mention that her mother may want to tell her father.

If it was me, I wouldn't tell any family member till I could support myself and I know that I could handle moving out and living on my own if they were against it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sy3ney Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sydney

Re: Jehovah's witness issue? - November 5th 2013, 08:24 AM

I haven't read all of the replies, so I don't know all that has been said. I was raised a JW and know all about their teachings and beliefs. Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk more in depth about this and I will help in any way that I can!

Closed Thread