TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

View Poll Results: Do you think I'm going to Hell or Heaven?
Your going to Hell 7 63.64%
Your going to Heaven 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Quinn

Am I going to Hell? - November 30th 2013, 08:53 PM

I am Christian. I love God and Jesus. I pray some nights, but not all. I rarely read my bible because it's hard to understand (I'm 12). I don't live in a perfect Christian family. My mom is Christian, but she listens to hard rock and it does have 'bad words' in it. I love her music and listen to the same thing along with emo music, indie, soft rock, heavy metal and music like that. My dad's side is Muslim. I live with my dad (my parents are divorced.) Though both of them try to control my life. But..... they're polar opposites. I have recently taken an interest in white magick. My mom hates that, but my dad is fine as long as I stay away from love spells and black magick and spells and potions that could go wrong or be dangerous. I'm worried about going to Hell. Here are my reasons:

I have just started white magick.
I'm bisexual, but men scare me so freaking much. I have not had feelings for a guy for a long time, I like a girl, and I want to end up with a girl. The only reason I'm bi is because of band members <3
I want to be turned into a vampire. Don't tell me they aren't real. I know for a fact that they are and I will be turned. Idk what the bible says about that.
I cuss.
I am emo (IT'S A SUBCULTURE AND IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DEPRESSION OR SELF HARM) and I'm goth. This is probably irrelevant though. I don't find fault in it.

The music that I listen to sometimes questions God and/or uses his name in vain.
I have gruesome, morbid, and bloody images come to my head. They're different all the time and really freaking scary. Is that something bad according to the bible?
I think about death and suicide a lot, even though I have no desire of committing.
I have self harmed, but only when I'm upset.

Most of these, I have no desire to change (i want to change the last three). It's what makes me, me. I just want to know if I'm going to Hell or Heaven according to this. If your way of telling me I'm going to Hell is to say "go to Hell" then I really don't freaking care. Words don't hurt anymore. I do believe that Jesus is my savior. I've also sworn to myself that I will never drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex before marriage. If that makes a difference. Also, please don't bring my age into this. Don't tell me 'your too young to be bisexual' or 'your too young to practice magick!' Or 'your still young, you'll grow out of it.' Age is a fucking number and has no place in this situation. And don't tell me to change. Backing up your answer with bible verses would be helpful. I just want to know. K? Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Am I going to Hell? - November 30th 2013, 09:47 PM

I really think it depends on what you believe, some people say that you will go to hell, I personally believe that you WILL NOT. As I see it, nobody's perfect and God loves us all anyway. Things like your sexual orientation you have no control over and God won't send you to hell for that, and I don't know a single person who has never cussed, if that will send you to hell then pretty much every person will end up there. I believe that only people who do really bad things (murder, abuse etc.) go to hell. You may get responses from people who disagree with that, but that's my opinion.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Am I going to Hell? - November 30th 2013, 10:01 PM

If you have to ask yourself whether or not you're going to Hell, then I think that's a sign you know something is contradicting your religious beliefs. At that point, you have to decide whose will matters more to you: God's or yours. If you willfully disobey God's commandments, then it will draw you away from God. If you believe the words in the Bible come directly from God (spoken by and written by people chosen by God), then all you need to do is look for Bible verses that discuss these issues. It's very clear about some topics, and not terribly clear about others (but that's where prayer, the Holy Spirit, and counsel from religious leaders can help you discern what is "right" and "wrong" in God's eyes).

It's no one's place to judge you and state that you're going to Hell. Only God can do that... so have a conversation with Him through prayer and reading the Bible. I've found that I almost always get an answer when I do those two things. I don't always like the answer I receive, but I DO get an answer.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ELEVATE
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 2nd 2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoUcAnCaLlMeInSaNe View Post
From what I know about white magic, it is of the devil. The "magic" does not come from God, so therefore comes from the devil, which is against Christianity. Why not let the 'power' come from God instead? It still works, it just isn't bad. White magic has also been related to deeds of occultic nature, something most true Christians are completely against.

Here's something I found:

Quote:
White magic is described as “good” magic, as opposed to black magic which draws upon the powers of evil beings. Opinions vary as to the differences between black and white magic, ranging from the idea that they are two names for exactly the same thing, to the belief that they are completely different, especially in goals and intent. The Bible does not differentiate between “good” and “bad” magic. Magic is magic as far as the Bible is concerned. Scripture doesn’t distinguish whether the magic is supposed to be used for good or for bad; it’s all forbidden because it appeals to a source of power other than God.

Those who practice white magic, also often called Wicca, worship the creation rather than the Creator, and while they may not call on the devil or evil spirits, they often appeal to “mother earth,” angels, and/or the elements. The central Wiccan theme is, “if it does no harm, do your own will.” Many who dabble in white magic call themselves Wiccans, whether they actually are or not. Although Wicca is fairly open-ended and there are various “denominations” and theological positions within the belief, there are certain beliefs, practices, and traditions which connect adherents of white magic to Wicca.

Throughout Scripture, in both the Old and New Testaments, all forms of witchcraft are in violation of God's law and are condemned. (Deuteronomy 18:10-16; Leviticus 19:26, 31, 20:27; Acts 13:8-10). Pharaoh’s magicians tried to duplicate the miracles done by Moses and Aaron by using their “secret arts,” which refers to “the ceremonies or rituals sorcerers and magicians use to accomplish their ends: incantations, spells, magic words, wearing of charms, amulets” and so on (Exodus 7:11, 8:7). The apostle Paul condemned Elyas, the sorcerer, proclaiming him a “child of the devil” who was full of “all kinds of deceit and trickery” and was “perverting the right ways of the Lord” (Acts 13:10). Nowhere in the Bible is any sorcerer or magician portrayed in a positive light. All are condemned by God.

Scripture says that God hates all magic, whether it is the right-hand path, or the left-hand path. Why? Because it doesn’t come from God. Satan deceives people by making them think white magic is beneficial. He can do this because he pretends to be an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), but his desire is to ensnare the souls of as many as he can. The Bible warns against him and his evil tricks. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8).

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons" (1 Timothy 4:1). Real spiritual power only comes from God, from a right relationship with Him through faith in Jesus Christ, and from the Holy Spirit who lives in the hearts of believers.
Quote:
I'm bisexual, but men scare me so freaking much. I have not had feelings for a guy for a long time, I like a girl, and I want to end up with a girl. The only reason I'm bi is because of band members <3
God designed men and women to be together. These feelings in themselves are not sin, but acting on them is. While He loves you more than you could imagine, God eventually condemns sin.

Mark 7:20-23 - What comes out of you is what defiles you. For from within, out of your hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile you.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11- Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Basically, acting on bisexual feelings is a sin, which is against God's will for your life. Perhaps get help for those thoughts and your fear of men? I used to be terrified of men (still kind of am) but that doesn't have to turn you bi.

Quote:
I want to be turned into a vampire. Don't tell me they aren't real. I know for a fact that they are and I will be turned. Idk what the bible says about that.
Not sure where you got these ideas from. If you really are a Christian you'd know for a fact that they are myth. Multiple highly-esteemed studies have given evidence against their existence (can't be bothered bringing them in here now), but the main point is, if vampires existed then their need for blood would mean that no one would exist. Hence, you and I would be nothing, which we are not.

Quote:
I cuss.
Colossians 3:8

But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. (ESV)

Cussing, swearing, cursing, whatever you want to call it, is considered obscene, and the Bible prohibits it.

Quote:
I am emo (IT'S A SUBCULTURE AND IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DEPRESSION OR SELF HARM) and I'm goth. This is probably irrelevant though. I don't find fault in it.
As long as you're glorifying God through your culture then it's fine.

Quote:
The music that I listen to sometimes questions God and/or uses his name in vain.
Pretty much the same as for cussing. Although it's not too bad as long as you don't start using that language.

Quote:
I have gruesome, morbid, and bloody images come to my head. They're different all the time and really freaking scary. Is that something bad according to the bible?
I think about death and suicide a lot, even though I have no desire of committing.
We are called to honour God with our thoughts and our body. Basically anything that goes against this goes against what He wants for your life.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

I have self harmed in the past, and still struggle with the thoughts of it. I've also had images like the ones you've described. But once I let God completely in control of my life that seemed to change.

Quote:
Most of these, I have no desire to change (i want to change the last three). It's what makes me, me.
I understand that that is what makes you you. I felt the same way about giving up self harm and some other things that I did/thought/said. But the way I see it, believing isn't enough. Heck, even the devil and his demons believe in God and I bet you won't find them in Heaven. To be a Christian He has to be Lord over your life, you need to give Him everything you are, or at least try (it's so hard, but so worth it!)

Sorry about the length of this post, it kind of ended up being longer than I thought. And sorry if I came across as lecturing (I do have a habit of doing that!), I didn't mean to, I was just stating what I believe to be true. If you have any questions or wanna talk about anything to do with this then feel free to PM me

Jesus loves you

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 3rd 2013, 03:29 PM

When it comes to the white magic part, this is my take. From a purely Christian viewpoint, magic can be seen as "evil" or "demonic".

But, if you step outside of traditional Christianity there are a couple of other schools of thought.

There are those who consider themselves to be Christian and have other beliefs like magic, paganism, Wicca, etc. incorporated. There are some books on the topic if you are interested in learning more.

There are several religions that considered magic to not be evil or demonically run, especially since you clarified that you are interested in white magic, which has a very specific set of ethical guidelines.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 3rd 2013, 06:23 PM

If you believe Jesus is your Savior, then I don't know why you're having doubts.

I think asking people if you're going to Hell is the wrong step towards certainty. The Bible talks about not judging others. It states that only god is able to judge the hearts of (wo)men. I think you need to read the Bible and bring your own ideas of what is right and wrong based on what you read.

Personally, I am not a believer. However, I would stay clear of magic of any kind -- unless they are just magic tricks. I've known too many people, and this is coming as an unbeliever, who have had horrible dealings after dabbling in magic.

Anyways, Paul said anything is permissible for him, but not beneficial. He also said to keep your mind on what is holy, pure, and lovely. The early Christians, when they converted, burned their old religious texts, and burned books they had when they were witches, etc. Why you would avoid those texts and chose to do what the early church despised is a little confusing to me. If I were to put bets on any part of Christianity being true, it'd be whatever the early church believed. Read Acts.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#7 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 11th 2013, 03:15 AM

Yeah I need to tell you right here right now that hell is a state of mind. You choose hell based on the decisions you make. And there is a heaven on Earth and a hell on Earth. For example, there was a girl sold into the sex-trafficking industry at age 8 and was raped every day in the brothel she was sent to for seven years by this one client. When they asked this man why he did it he said he was in love with her and that was why. There are some people out there who are incapable of love and create their own hell becuase they choose to actively abandon responsibility from all of their actions all the time no matter what. However, there are also examples of heaven on Earth which you see with friends who cherish each other and are devoted to each other for their entire life and grow old together. Your ability to love is the most important thing on this planet. You have to be able to truly open your heart to something on this planet to be worthy in God's eyes ever. If you are not, you will seriously impede your chances at getting into heaven.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 12th 2013, 08:52 PM

Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. Everyone of you has been a great help

(#9 (permalink)) Old
DanTheMan :P Offline
Average Joe

Name: Dan

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 12th 2013, 10:27 PM

This is why religion annoys me; people feel like they cannot be themselves. The way I see it, if there is an all lving god, he accepts you for the way he made you

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 13th 2013, 01:51 PM

This is why religion annoys me too :-(

(#11 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 18th 2013, 07:31 PM

I would be careful with the magic because magic is known to be initiated by Satan worshippers in the time of the Salem's witch trials and legend has it that you can actually be cursed from having done anything with the rituals they left behind in Satan's name. For instance, I used a Ouija board for a year and a half. I became addicted to it. That same year, nothing but bad things started to happen to me. It wasn't until I threw out the ouija board and then finally found Christ that I was able to get the dark feelings and horrible images that kept arising from the ouija boad out of my head. So God will love us no matter what. But those things that are marked by Satan worshippers and seen as connections to Satan are really not supposed to be fiddled with. I think you should try not to use those. Also, God will undoubtedly forgive you for being close to Satan. He's God. He cares about your heart and your ability to love others and in general love. As I stated above, being able to open your heart up to something in life is what He holds dear. Those people who can't love are walking demons. They have chosen hell. But please be careful with the magic because Satan lays traps for us, ALL OF US.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Reign. Offline
Just Hold On We're Going Home~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kay

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 26th 2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I am Christian. I love God and Jesus. I pray some nights, but not all. I rarely read my bible because it's hard to understand (I'm 12). I don't live in a perfect Christian family. My mom is Christian, but she listens to hard rock and it does have 'bad words' in it. I love her music and listen to the same thing along with emo music, indie, soft rock, heavy metal and music like that. My dad's side is Muslim. I live with my dad (my parents are divorced.) Though both of them try to control my life. But..... they're polar opposites. I have recently taken an interest in white magick. My mom hates that, but my dad is fine as long as I stay away from love spells and black magick and spells and potions that could go wrong or be dangerous. I'm worried about going to Hell. Here are my reasons:

I cuss.

Most of these, I have no desire to change (i want to change the last three). It's what makes me, me. I just want to know if I'm going to Hell or Heaven according to this. If your way of telling me I'm going to Hell is to say "go to Hell" then I really don't freaking care. Words don't hurt anymore. I do believe that Jesus is my savior. I've also sworn to myself that I will never drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex before marriage. If that makes a difference. Also, please don't bring my age into this. Don't tell me 'your too young to be bisexual' or 'your too young to practice magick!' Or 'your still young, you'll grow out of it.' Age is a fucking number and has no place in this situation. And don't tell me to change. Backing up your answer with bible verses would be helpful. I just want to know. K? Thanks.

Okay. Let's see here. I'm going to do my best to answer this.

As regards practicing magic, well. Read for yourself:

Deuteronomy:18:10-13: "There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. You should prove yourself blameless before Jehovah your God."

See, Magic does not originate with God. Therefore, God hates the practicing of Magic of any kind.
Because since it does not originate with God, it originates with the Devil.

And also, did you know that Vampires have long been associated with the evil spirit world?
Evil spirits.
Not good ones such as Angels.
And, historically, vampires have never been proven to exist.
That's just logic.
But if you believe in them or want to become one, then you are directly associating yourself with evil things.
The seeing gruesome things and such is not a sin, it just would bring into question whether it is demons trying to control your mind and make you see these things & that could be a part of the whole magic thing, I don't know. It's not necessarily your fault though.

The cussing - everyone cusses. Though it does say in the Bible to not be "Blasphemers" and to "Let every sort of blasphemy and hurtful speech go away from before you,"
It's best to try to not cuss.

And, let me say, there is no such thing as hell.

And if you're reading from a King James Version, it's not accurate. Bible scholars have proven that the KJV is not fully accurate with the real, Holy Writings and Scrolls from the first century Christians.

In Revelation:20:10: "And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." - Sounds like hell, right?

Wrong.

This is where people get confused, and it's when you have to understand where the Bible is being literal, or speaking in metaphors or using illustrations, or therefore being symbolic.

And this is one of those times.

The "lake of fire and sulfur" is symbolic.
The "forever and ever" it speaks of is also symbolic.

Both are symbolic of an "everlasting cutting-off." Or, "never to be in existence again."

This is also spoken of in Revelation.

anyways. I hope this answered your question & I hope I didn't seem as if I was condemning you or judging. I'm not judging you at all. And please, read for yourself the scriptures I quoted. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me anytime.

~Kay.

So dance if it moves you,
and jump in the fire, if it burns you.
I'll throw my arms around you darlin',
and we'll turn to ashes.

Kinda like the way you tell me,
"Baby, please come home. I need you here right now.
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Re: Am I going to Hell? - December 26th 2013, 05:27 AM

I just want you to know I'm praying for you, okay? I know you're a good person. Keep doing you, okay?

Happy holidays!

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡

Closed Thread