TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Haribol2332 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Haribol2332's Avatar
 
Age: 29

Posts: 3
Join Date: December 5th 2013

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 5th 2013, 06:53 AM

Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
_______
for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.

( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).

if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )

same you have to follow real authority. "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it," Then there is no difficulty. And You are accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa, and You are speaking Yourself, and later on, all the acaryas have accepted. Then I'll follow.
I'll have to follow great personalities. The same reason mother says, this gentleman is my father. That's all. Finish business. Where is the necessity of making research? All authorities accept Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You accept it; then your searching after God is finished.

Why should you waste your time?
_______
all that is you need is to hear from authority ( same like mother ). and i heard this truth from authority " Srila Prabhupada " he is my spiritual master.
im not talking these all things from my own.
___________

in this world no `1 can be Peace full. this is all along Fact.

cuz we all are suffering in this world 4 Problems which are Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth.

tell me are you really happy ?? you can,t be happy if you will ignore these 4 main problem. then still you will be Forced by Nature.
___________________

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
_______________________________
If your not able to follow these 4 things no illicit sex, no gambling, no drugs, no meat-eating then don,t worry but chanting of this holy name ( Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra ) is very-very and very important.

Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare " and be happy.

if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see effect. i promise you it works And chanting at least 16 rounds ( each round of 108 beads ) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily.
____________
Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.
_________________________
Source(s):
every `1 is already Blind in this world and if you will follow another Blind then you both will fall in hole. so try to follow that person who have Spiritual Eyes who can Guide you on Actual Right Path. ( my Authority & Guide is my Spiritual Master " Srila Prabhupada " )
_____________

Last edited by Lizzie; December 11th 2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Edited out link
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 5th 2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists
How is this a fact?

Before you go on ranting about your religious identity and trying to win converts, don't just overlook THIS FACT that you claimed Supreme Lord Krishna exists is a fact. Explain it. Expound on it. Don't just expect us to take your word for it. Stating something doesn't make it a fact.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Haribol2332 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Haribol2332's Avatar
 
Age: 29

Posts: 3
Join Date: December 5th 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 5th 2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
How is this a fact?

Before you go on ranting about your religious identity and trying to win converts, don't just overlook THIS FACT that you claimed Supreme Lord Krishna exists is a fact. Explain it. Expound on it. Don't just expect us to take your word for it. Stating something doesn't make it a fact.
_____________
Intelligence has to do with the soul, not simply with the brain.

Take electricity, for example. Electricity moves between gross elements and through a gross wire. But the electricity itself -- it is not those elements, not that wire. It is subtle.
______________

all right for what you are waiting for ? why don't you define what is Conscious on the medical language or scientific basics ? explain it now.

and the first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

explain about these points which i have written upside ^. go ahead and do it now. ( and don't give me anytype of link because that is not an argument and i didn't gave any link in my argument )
____

Special Note :- and if you are not able to define what is conscious on the basics of medical language or scientific basics then i will say only two words ** Fools Paradise.**
__
that is all.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 5th 2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
_____________
Intelligence has to do with the soul, not simply with the brain.
What is the difference between the soul and the brain? How does the soul possess intellect? How does an immaterial object possess a material quality?

You are also changing the definition of a fact to fit into your biased ideas. A fact is something that is indisputable. Religion, even your religion, is disputable. As is the existence of a deity. If it were indisputable, there wouldn't be a variety of faiths claiming the same things you claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
Take electricity, for example. Electricity moves between gross elements and through a gross wire. But the electricity itself -- it is not those elements, not that wire. It is subtle.
______________
I fail to see the correlation between this and the soul.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
all right for what you are waiting for ? why don't you define what is Conscious on the medical language or scientific basics ? explain it now.
This question is indubitably laughable. People have devoted their entire lives to explaining consciousness. How do you expect me to do this over a forum? There are uncountable amounts of information on this subject. If they are insufficient for you, then you are guilty of a god of the gaps belief. That is, "Just because science can't explain it, therefore, god." That's not how we discover facts and well-supported theories.

We say, "Science can't explain it, therefore, let's find out." At one point we didn't understand gravity. You could say, "We don't understand gravity, therefore, god." However, now we have a better understanding of gravitational forces as it pertains in our Universe and don't find the explanation, "God," to be plausible.

I'm not going to waste my time discussing a widely debatable subject amongst neuroscientist, when I am not one myself. I'm hardly qualified to discuss a topic.

This doesn't render my opinion useless. However, it shows how heavily you rely on a god of the gaps fallacy to support your irrational claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
and the first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?
Our cellular energies wear down and our bodies no longer become capable of producing new cells to sustain our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?
Because there is no more protein in their DNA to reproduce new cells. The child requires no more matter because it is no longer living. The body decomposes and decomposers renew the cells to be used elsewhere. Life encompasses the body since the body is encompassed with cells.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribol2332 View Post
explain about these points which i have written upside ^. go ahead and do it now. ( and don't give me anytype of link because that is not an argument and i didn't gave any link in my argument )
____

Special Note :- and if you are not able to define what is conscious on the basics of medical language or scientific basics then i will say only two words ** Fools Paradise.**
__
that is all.
Go ahead and say fools paradise. I don't need to type a novel for an argument to be valid. There are countless resources online, in libraries, etc. The subject is still widely debatable. If you're using that as a source of reason in justifying your beliefs, then you should kick your chichi attitude and understand the fallibility in god of the gaps arguments.

Not only is it ridiculous of you to expect me to undertake such a feat, but you're a hypocrite. You sit here and tell me, "My god is real, but you cannot understand him." So, tell me, how is that any more laudable of a belief?


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Saoirse Offline
Blind Saint
Average Joe
***
 
Saoirse's Avatar
 
Name: Connor
Age: 23
Gender: Boy Boy Boy
Location: Kansas, United States of America

Posts: 150
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: June 25th 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 5th 2013, 11:58 PM

Umm. I'm not gonna get really involved on the religious aspect of this, but I do agree that you need to elaborate more on this as Mice & Men said. Telling him to defend his religious views/beliefs whereas you started this topic defeats the purposes of his own questions that you failed to speak about from the first post.

Also, even though I am Christian, or more specifically Catholic, I still believe that science has proven lots of other things that we failed to look at from another perspective in our history.


_______________________________________________


Cura Personalis


_______________________________________________

Social Networking Team since September 2013 | Articles Team since February 2014
Visually Impaired/Blind Specialist
Assistive Technology Helper
General Technology Helper
  Send a message via Skype™ to Saoirse 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Haribol2332 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Haribol2332's Avatar
 
Age: 29

Posts: 3
Join Date: December 5th 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 6th 2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
What is the ****skip ****a belief?
________

Intelligence has to do with the soul, not simply with the brain.

Take electricity, for example. Electricity moves between gross elements and through a gross wire. But the electricity itself -- it is not those elements, not that wire. It is subtle.
__________

( tell me did you ever seen how electricity works ? ) You cannot see this subtle thing directly; you can see it only when it interacts with something gross. But the subtle thing is independent and distinct from the gross things.
_______

( Even though gravitation does exist, we can't really see it. Modern science admits that. )
______________

you all idiots of medical science don't accept soul because there is missing link and you are not even able to explain what is conscious ? and difference between dead man and living man ?
________________

if there is a missing link? Then I kick on your face.
___________

You're missing this kick. Now learn it. Nonsense. Here is the missing point.

The first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?

The difference is that when someone dies, the spirit soul, or the living force, leaves the body. And therefore the body is called “dead.” So, there are two things: one, this body; and the other, the living force within the body. We speak of the living force within the body.

One must first understand that he is a soul, or something other than his body.

For example, as a child grows, he becomes a boy, the boy becomes a young man, the young man becomes an adult, and the adult becomes an old man. Throughout all this time, although his body is changing from a child to an old man, he still feels himself to be the same person, with the same identity. Just see: the body is changing, but the occupier of the body, the soul, is remaining the same. So we should logically conclude that when our present body dies, we get another body. This is called transmigration of the soul.

___________________

According to the Vedas, the measurement of the soul within the body is one ten-thousandth part of the tip of a hair. This is very small; in fact, it is atomic. Yet because of that atomic spiritual energy, my body is working. Is it so difficult to understand? Suppose a man thinks himself very stout and strong. Why is he stout and strong? Only because within his body is a small spiritual spark. But as soon as the spiritual spark is gone, his body dies, and his strength and vigor become void. If scientists say that matter is the cause and origin of life, then let them bring just one dead man back to life by injecting him with chemicals. But this they cannot do.
___________

If you inject just one grain of deadly poison into someone, he immediately dies. No one can see the poison or how it acts. But the poison is acting nevertheless. In the same way, the Vedas say that because the minute particle called the soul is within the body, the whole body is working nicely. If I pinch myself, I immediately feel it, because I am conscious all over my skin. But as soon as the soul is absent, which is the case when my body dies, you can take this same skin and cut it and chop it, and no one will protest.
_________________
******

Why is this simple thing so hard to understand? ls this not detecting spirit?

_____________________________
_____________________________
***********************
All of you medical students ( or Scientists ). You have got so much advanced laboratories, advanced knowledge. and you do now know what is the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference? even you are defying the authority of God. You have become so great. And you cannot prove that life is coming out of matter.
______________

That you are leaving aside for future. And I have to believe such a rascal? Do you think it is nice? You are talking all nonsense, and I have to believe you?
_______________

All these scientists, they discover so many things. Why they did not discover something that he would not die? He would not become old? Where is that discovery? They will say: "Yes, in future." One man is kicking on your face, and you are saying: "Yes, in future, when I shall become strong, I shall kick him." But you are, my dear sir, being kicked now. What you are doing now? "Yes, I'm getting strength by your kicking."

so what is use of your medical science if you cannot even define what is difference between living man and dead man ?
_______________________

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

This is the process. They cannot understand that because there is soul within the child, therefore child is becoming boy. As soon as there is no soul, the child does not become a boy. This simple philosophy they cannot understand, so what is their position? Now, this car is standing because there is no driver. Anyone can understand. Stand still. It will remain there for thousands of years unless a driver comes. Simple reason. But they are so rascal, they will not understand. So what is the use of talking with them? Simply waste of time.
___________________
**************
Now learn it. Nonsense. Here is the missing point.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
MindBodySpirit's Avatar
 
Name: Not Michael
Age: 26
Gender: agender
Location: Canada

Posts: 244
Join Date: February 24th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 6th 2013, 03:25 AM

We can measure and study the effects of gravity, electricity, and the brain. We cannot do the same for the "soul", Krishna, or "spirits".

The amount of evidence you require for different claims is not consistent. You're asserting things without evidence and you're using logical fallacies to explain your point of view. An argument from ignorance is not a strong argument.

When you have real tangible evidence for any of your claims, go ahead and try to push them onto me. Until then, don't expect me to believe any if it, ESPECIALLY since some of the things you've claimed are demonstrably incorrect.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
AoiYami Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
AoiYami's Avatar
 
Gender: Female? Don't care? (can tomboy count?) masculine presenting agender.

Posts: 32
Join Date: November 22nd 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 6th 2013, 04:07 AM

There is a flaw in your logic. If science is not correct because you can't see what is happening, and thus supposedly can't know if it is true, then how can you say that there must be a life before and after this. You can't remember your previous life and even if you did it might be distorted because memories after time distort, also you can not see your previous or next life and you can't see the previous or next life of another person. So then how is your point more true then that of any scientist if you won't accept the same type of logic that you use from anyone else. If anything we must admit that either way is possibly the truth but we can not know which way is true because nether side can provide anything that proves their side is true.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 6th 2013, 04:28 AM

Before I respond to your post, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on the dead child who does not continue to grow. What do you make of little people I.e. (Excuse me if this offends anyone) a midget or a dwarf. Did they lose their soul and stop growing?


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19
Guest
 
DeletedAccount19's Avatar
Edit avatar
 

Posts: n/a

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 6th 2013, 10:59 PM

So not looking at the OP's nonsenicalness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
Before I respond to your post, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on the dead child who does not continue to grow. What do you make of little people I.e. (Excuse me if this offends anyone) a midget or a dwarf. Did they lose their soul and stop growing?
I would say it's to do with biology. Biology is what failed them, they didn't lose their soul. It has nothing to do with any sort of religious belief or spiting.

Biology and science are what we thrive on, as you said with the gravity example. Science has proven to us that natural elements and occurrences in nature have a scientific basis, not a religious basis.

The only significance dead children have in religion (other than, again, biology failed them) is that God decided they weren't ready to live on Earth and he took them in as angels. That's pretty much it.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 7th 2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyways and Starlights View Post
So not looking at the OP's nonsenicalness.


I would say it's to do with biology. Biology is what failed them, they didn't lose their soul. It has nothing to do with any sort of religious belief or spiting.

Biology and science are what we thrive on, as you said with the gravity example. Science has proven to us that natural elements and occurrences in nature have a scientific basis, not a religious basis.

The only significance dead children have in religion (other than, again, biology failed them) is that God decided they weren't ready to live on Earth and he took them in as angels. That's pretty much it.
My question was directed to the OP. I know it is because of biology. The OP, however, stated that dead children do not grow because there is no longer a soul in them. This would imply the same logic to short people, and yet twy are living. Hence why I am looking for the OP's response.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Colorful_Outlooks's Avatar
 
Age: 20

Posts: 13
Join Date: November 6th 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 7th 2013, 01:01 AM

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.


Try not to create controversy on a forum for teen help.
ALso if I cannot imagine,interpret who , and what is my god, what gives you the right t tell me, I would be the same as you, can you interpret it, no. Don't impose opinions as fact. Believing in this would only lead to challenges by other religions, no need for another religious war, as we have to much of that shit already, also I don't like thinking something that may not exist controls my life.




_______


-Colorful_Outlooks

Fall down 99 times, get up the hundredth.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
AoiYami Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
AoiYami's Avatar
 
Gender: Female? Don't care? (can tomboy count?) masculine presenting agender.

Posts: 32
Join Date: November 22nd 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 7th 2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful_Outlooks View Post
that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.


Try not to create controversy on a forum for teen help.
ALso if I cannot imagine,interpret who , and what is my god, what gives you the right t tell me, I would be the same as you, can you interpret it, no. Don't impose opinions as fact. Believing in this would only lead to challenges by other religions, no need for another religious war, as we have to much of that shit already, also I don't like thinking something that may not exist controls my life.



_______
How can you know that this is a "fact" if you claim that we "posses no such intelligence to understand him" then how do we know that this isn't just a figment of your or our imagination? Once again you go so far as to basically say that we don't know anything about this world and yet we are supposed to know the "one and only truth" (quotes because that's basically what your saying) when we can't know anything else. Your logic is clearly illogical and yet you keep avoiding answering the points that I address.
  • What proof do you have that this is fact?
  • Why can " no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth"?
  • What makes your points any more right then any of ours?

By the way please do not say "Don't impose opinions as fact." when you are doing exactly that. You have not "proven" yourself to be right and so you have no right to tell us that we are wrong and you are right.

If you can not address my points, even when put in bullet form, and with clear logical evidence (ie explaining how everything else except for this one little "fact" is false, explaining what really makes it right, decides blind faith or some stupid book), then I will not reply to this thread again because this is getting nowhere.

(btw I don't pay attention to the names of the posters here, only which side the writing seems to be on, so if it appears that I'm addressing my point as if to someone else it might be just because I lumped the sides together just for the sake of simplicity plus most of the time it looks like people are taking sides. If something does end up weird from not paying attention to names some how I might put the effort in to correct myself though)
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 7th 2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiYami View Post
How can you know that this is a "fact" if you claim that we "posses no such intelligence to understand him" then how do we know that this isn't just a figment of your or our imagination? Once again you go so far as to basically say that we don't know anything about this world and yet we are supposed to know the "one and only truth" (quotes because that's basically what your saying) when we can't know anything else. Your logic is clearly illogical and yet you keep avoiding answering the points that I address.
  • What proof do you have that this is fact?
  • Why can " no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth"?
  • What makes your points any more right then any of ours?

By the way please do not say "Don't impose opinions as fact." when you are doing exactly that. You have not "proven" yourself to be right and so you have no right to tell us that we are wrong and you are right.

If you can not address my points, even when put in bullet form, and with clear logical evidence (ie explaining how everything else except for this one little "fact" is false, explaining what really makes it right, decides blind faith or some stupid book), then I will not reply to this thread again because this is getting nowhere.

(btw I don't pay attention to the names of the posters here, only which side the writing seems to be on, so if it appears that I'm addressing my point as if to someone else it might be just because I lumped the sides together just for the sake of simplicity plus most of the time it looks like people are taking sides. If something does end up weird from not paying attention to names some how I might put the effort in to correct myself though)
I think his first paragraph is quoting the other guy. Maybe I'm wrong.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
AoiYami Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
AoiYami's Avatar
 
Gender: Female? Don't care? (can tomboy count?) masculine presenting agender.

Posts: 32
Join Date: November 22nd 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 7th 2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
I think his first paragraph is quoting the other guy. Maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe, although I wish it was clearer, it's getting a little hard to understand what they are trying to say...
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Age of Ignorance's Avatar
 
Name: Mitch
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 1,391
Blog Entries: 31
Join Date: February 3rd 2009

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 10th 2013, 05:39 AM

When did evidence stop being used to support something someone asserts as "fact"? Last I checked, facts are generally supported by evidence and are not considered fact unless such supporting evidence eexists. Did we leave that notion behind at some point in time?


Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
AoiYami Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
AoiYami's Avatar
 
Gender: Female? Don't care? (can tomboy count?) masculine presenting agender.

Posts: 32
Join Date: November 22nd 2013

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 10th 2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age of Ignorance View Post
When did evidence stop being used to support something someone asserts as "fact"? Last I checked, facts are generally supported by evidence and are not considered fact unless such supporting evidence eexists. Did we leave that notion behind at some point in time?
agree, good point.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough
*********
 
Adam the Fish's Avatar
 
Name: Adam
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Bristol

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 24th 2012

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. - December 10th 2013, 09:39 PM

I think what I'm taking from this, personally, is that - despite any attempts to 'prove' the contrary...there probably isn't a god. And if there is, religion is highly likely to have the wrong one.


Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
explanation, facts, human, life, practical, purpose, theories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.