TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Satanism? - January 25th 2014, 08:06 PM

Okay sorry for even bringing up this subject.. I know its touchy with a lot of people. Or people believe that even bringing up this subject is like summoning the devil.. but I'm doing my research and a lot of it has shown to me that Satanists don't believe in Satan?

So are there two different kinds of Satanists? Like 'cause I also researched that Satanists worship the Devil and impregnate people to give their children away to Satan?

But mainly I've heard Satanists don't believe in Satan.. they just believe they are their own God. Or something like that.

So can anyone help me with this? I'm seriously confused. And if any of you are Satanists, if I have my information all completely wrong.. please correct me.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Satanism? - January 25th 2014, 09:24 PM

Hey there!

I actually did a fair bit of research on Satanism when I was questioning my beliefs so hopefully I can help. Basically you're correct in saying there's two main types of Satanists. There's the Satanists that do believe in Satan and worship him, pretty much like supporting to opposing side within Christianity. Then there's LaVeyan Satanists who are essentially atheists as they do not believe in any deities.

I did more research on LaVeyan Satanists and the basic principles of it are you look after number one since you only have this one life so make it count.

They have a list of 11 principles which sums up what they generally believe in.

Quote:
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
I'm not entirely sure exactly what Satan worshippers stand for and most of the information I found regarding it was myspace profiles of teenagers going through their rebellious emo/punk/goth/whatever phase so that's hardly reliable information

Anyway I hope I cleared this up a bit for you, if you need anymore information then Google has a lot to offer

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Satanism? - January 26th 2014, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by better-than-ecstasy View Post
Okay sorry for even bringing up this subject.. I know its touchy with a lot of people. Or people believe that even bringing up this subject is like summoning the devil.. but I'm doing my research and a lot of it has shown to me that Satanists don't believe in Satan?

So are there two different kinds of Satanists? Like 'cause I also researched that Satanists worship the Devil and impregnate people to give their children away to Satan?

But mainly I've heard Satanists don't believe in Satan.. they just believe they are their own God. Or something like that.

So can anyone help me with this? I'm seriously confused. And if any of you are Satanists, if I have my information all completely wrong.. please correct me.
Don't ever be sorry for asking a question or making statements. It's the only way to acquire knowledge. Being politically correct is a way to suppress free-thinking. Say what you say, and say what you mean. Don't have regrets.

As for your question, there are multiple versions of Satanism.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Satanism? - January 26th 2014, 02:16 AM

That was a very sweet response to her Of Mike and Men!
I completely agree.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Satanism? - January 26th 2014, 01:02 PM

That was a really sweet response. Thank you all.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J.D.
Location: Hell and above, I'm everywhere, I'm the air you breathe and the shadow in the night

Re: Satanism? - January 30th 2014, 06:56 PM

I was a LaVeyan Satanist for 4 years and almost obtained priesthood in the Church of Satan. We express that the difference is there are Satanists who worship the self, and do not believe in a god or soul or an afterlife of any kind. Then there are Devil Worshipers who believe that god is dead and that they have to appeal to the Devil to attain true power in this world before they are taken by the clutches of Hell, and some believe that through Devil Worship they will attain some sort of paradise in Hell depending on how loyal they are to the Devil and how well they follow the commands they believe are set forth for them.
All in all I found there is way too much subliminal negativity in Satanism. Also the black magykal aspects were very intriguing and at the same time terrifying and unnatural.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Re: Satanism? - January 31st 2014, 03:37 AM

As others have said, there are different kinds of Satanism. Some do believe in Satan as an actual entity and operate on that. Others are less literal. It's probably the easiest to find information on LaVeyan Satanism online where the basics are concerned, though it's not the only type at all.

There are also people who believe (and work with) demons, and also Luciferianism, which might sound similar to Satanism but it's quite different in many respects.

This isn't my area of expertise though I've read about the subject a fair bit. If you have a lot of questions, I recommend doing some research online. I've seen a few people from different paths in this vein in Pagan communities (of the non-Wiccan-exclusive variety), which often have sections specifically for teenagers, and I know there are a few bloggers who tend to blog a bit about what their beliefs are. I can try to find you some links to helpful explanations if you're interested.

Closed Thread