TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Awfully Befuddled - August 6th 2014, 03:40 AM

I'm confused over what I believe.
I used to not believe in any god but I started to believe in this thing I call the energy which is like this spirit within every living thing that varies in intensity. From what I believe, every energy can connect to each other and this energy can be used consciously once someone unites themselves with their own energy. The energy itself is it's own being but it can be fused with the human body and that's all I know. I haven't really looked up if this belief correlates with anything existing.
And there's another thing.
I don't really believe in the Christian God but I started praying just to God but I just kept thinking God while I prayed.
I don't know what exactly I believe in. I started going to a Christian church, listened to their message, and prayed at the end but I feel uncomfortable with some of the ideas this church was saying every Christian should follow.
I need help I'm confused on all this and I want to talk to someone about my beliefs but I fear anyone I can talk to is biased.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
gdheiwmow Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Awfully Befuddled - August 6th 2014, 06:59 AM

It sounds like you're talking about animism. As for not feeling okay with the church, you shouldn't really pay any attention to what they are preaching. Believe what you want to believe, not what someone tells you to believe. Or rather, consult the religious text if you decide to follow a specific religion.

I was reading about different religious stances on suicide in the ancient world, and was surprised to learn that Christianity didn't always have rules against it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that other views of the church have been changed throughout history and do not reflect the original beliefs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Awfully Befuddled - August 7th 2014, 02:58 AM

Here's my two cents, for what it's worth. I've gone through identity crisis when it pertains to religion. Anyone who has been here for awhile knows how I've been in the past with religion. I was a fundamental Christian, turned atheist, turned agnostic, turned agnostic deist. I was very well versed in philosophy, fundamentalism, and apologetics. I've examined things very deeply, and I'll tell you this: Just believe whatever you believe.

You don't need someone to tell you what you believe or don't believe. Don't try to fit into society, a religion, atheism, or whatever. Just be you. If you believe in god, believe in god. If you believe in the bible, believe the bible. Anyone can come up with any philosophical argument that will change your mind. Let me say it this way, I have arguments, that if you're open to hearing them, could convert you to about any religion. So, just believe what you believe naturally.

Your belief in god is easily explained. Cognitive scientists have been performing various studies and actually discovered that because of evolutionary purposes, everyone believes in god to some extent. This explains our need for morality, our need for explanations, etc. We have god so ingrained to our DNA that it's impossible to strip god completely away, because we've evolved to accept god. So your belief in god is warranted on that alone.

I believe there's a god. I have absolutely no reason why. I just do. I have all the reason in the world NOT to believe in god, but regardless of those reasons my intuition says, "There is a god." I can't change that. Maybe it's my DNA, maybe it's my religious background, I don't know. If I base on reason, I would be an atheist, but reason doesn't always determine our beliefs and decisions. Some of those are already there intuitively.

Let me tell you something. You don't have to believe what the Church tells you. If you want to believe the Bible, go ahead. Just because a group of people say, "THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE TO INTERPRET THE BIBLE," doesn't mean that those people are correct. Maybe the way you interpret it is correct, making them all wrong.

Our society tends to want to find identity in groups. Your identity is in you. In what you believe. Not what other people convinced you to believe.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

Closed Thread