TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
livingdeadboy Offline
Average Joe

space entrepreneurship - October 28th 2014, 04:50 PM

I have very strong scientific talents but I've decided to get a degree in business due to my fear of my scientific mind and many of my theories. About six months ago I was working on a theory regarding zero emissions, high performance nuclear energy and on running the numbers I became extremely scared of the implications... The math showed that it could be used to create an artificial wormhole...
So I'm thinking about becoming an entrepreneur with the ultimate goal of starting a space exploration/mining/tour company. I've already developed business concepts that would net the money I need.
I'm curious as to what you guys think.

"And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does. But there was happiness. And they did live." - Stephen King
never's the word God listens for when he needs a laugh.- Stephen King

Battles that last five minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years.
Stephen King, The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 28th 2014, 10:19 PM

Why not double major in finance and aerospace engineering?

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 29th 2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
I have very strong scientific talents but I've decided to get a degree in business due to my fear of my scientific mind and many of my theories. About six months ago I was working on a theory regarding zero emissions, high performance nuclear energy and on running the numbers I became extremely scared of the implications... The math showed that it could be used to create an artificial wormhole...
So I'm thinking about becoming an entrepreneur with the ultimate goal of starting a space exploration/mining/tour company. I've already developed business concepts that would net the money I need.
I'm curious as to what you guys think.
You don't think the guys who developed the Large Hadron Collider... all of the variations of it... thought "Fuck, this could turn Earth into a black hole!" one second? They did, but they took the risk because the need for knowledge on how the Big Bang happened is more important, plus the odds of creating a microscopic black hole beneath the LHC is so small, it would have to be quadrillions of Peta-Volts or more for it to happen. We just don't have that energy here on Earth.

What I am trying to say, don't let what the results of your theories say scare you. If you want to be a scientist who meddles in time, space, matter, and energy, then do it. Or you can write about it, but like the other person said, double major in finance and aerospace engineering to get to your goals?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
livingdeadboy Offline
Average Joe

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 29th 2014, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles. View Post
You don't think the guys who developed the Large Hadron Collider... all of the variations of it... thought "Fuck, this could turn Earth into a black hole!" one second? They did, but they took the risk because the need for knowledge on how the Big Bang happened is more important, plus the odds of creating a microscopic black hole beneath the LHC is so small, it would have to be quadrillions of Peta-Volts or more for it to happen. We just don't have that energy here on Earth.

What I am trying to say, don't let what the results of your theories say scare you. If you want to be a scientist who meddles in time, space, matter, and energy, then do it. Or you can write about it, but like the other person said, double major in finance and aerospace engineering to get to your goals?
That's the problem, you're talking a hadron collider, my theory is where nuclear fuel meets antimatter violently...The energy released would be approximately 1,000,000 times that of conventional nuclear energy... Suffice it to say... A device the size of your wallet could detonate with nearly the same force as the hiroshema bomb... Or a device the size of the hiroshema bomb could detonate with 1,000,000 times the energy. But maybe I'll do that, however I truly fear this theory. Though, all fears aside, it is nessicary to human survival as we will have to colonize other planets soon, if we are to survive. But I don't think the world is ready just yet, and in fact, I'm not sure it will be within my lifetime.
But if I could develop this, it would make for zero emissions nuclear energy. One single nuclear reactor using this type of fuel could power most of north America without producing any waste... Frankly, I'm torn...

"And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does. But there was happiness. And they did live." - Stephen King

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 29th 2014, 04:23 PM

This has been known for awhile. If you decide to do this you'll be essentially racing the government. They've been spending millions in antimatter research to fuel surveillance aircrafts and handsized bombs. Whenever it is developed it will be used for good and evil. Such is the case with most inventions.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 29th 2014, 04:25 PM

With great risk comes great reward.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#7 (permalink)) Old
livingdeadboy Offline
Average Joe

Re: space entrepreneurship - October 30th 2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
This has been known for awhile. If you decide to do this you'll be essentially racing the government. They've been spending millions in antimatter research to fuel surveillance aircrafts and handsized bombs. Whenever it is developed it will be used for good and evil. Such is the case with most inventions.
That may well be the case... I know their researching antimatter, but I'm unsure if they're currently researching nuclear antimatter, though that would be the next logical step...I guess I might as well. That way I could at least get people to push for a regulatory agency.

Closed Thread