TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Question Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 17th 2015, 09:03 PM

Hi, so I have a lot of stuff going on. I am a devoted Christian growing up in church. But recently with everything going on I have gotten angry with God. I'm sorry! This sounds so terrible, I hate myself for feeling this way So has anyone else felt this way? Am I terrible person for feeling this way? Any advice or stories are helpful! Thank you in advance!!😘

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 17th 2015, 09:17 PM

Hello there and welcome

I have a VERY long story about this, the short version being that my dream career can't happen, but I didn't know it was impossible until I was almost done with the required degree. I got thrown out of school for doing "nothing wrong" and my life kind of snowballed after that. As you can imagine, I was REALLY mad at God. I felt like His plan for me was impossible and I didn't know why He would allow me to get so close to my dream if He knew it was all going to fall apart the whole time. I think it's okay to be mad at God, He knows we're human and we have reactions like this. I've been told that it's not, but I don't think it's wrong to feel human emotions.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Smile Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 17th 2015, 09:26 PM

Thank you for sharing! I'm sorry your dream career can't happen. Also! Thank you for letting me know how I'm feeling is ok, means a lot!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 07:45 AM

Hey again!

You being mad at God is perfectly normal. It doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone feels mad at God at least once. It's how you react afterwards and how you fix it up that determines who you are. Some people get mad at God and decide to not believe in him anymore, and that's perfectly fine. Choosing to just get over it and believe that he is better than what you were angry at him for, that's fine as well. I've been angry at God before but I realised it was something so small and unimportant that I just got over it and moved on.

With your current situation, it is reasonable to be mad at God. I think he understands that we are only human and we feel human emotions, and even though they aren't always what he wants us to feel, it happens anyway, and he understands. Just remember no one thinks less of you for being mad at him, even he doesn't think less of you.

I hope everything works out and remember you are amazing no matter what

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 03:19 PM

Thank you Hillary!! Makes me feel less of a terrible person!❤️

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ninasju Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nina

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 06:08 PM

Hi!
I also have a history of similar problems, but I think I'll just tell you my opinion
Your relationship to god is your faith, your beliefs, maybe even your life.
No one else can judge your relationship with god, we all experience everything differently, but what's important is you and how you feel.
I personally think there's nothing wrong with being angry with god, I'm not Christian but if god made us and gave us these feelings then there's a reason
Good luck

"Honey don't stop trying & you'll get what you deserve"
- Axl Rose

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 07:37 PM

When I used to believe, there was a point that I became very angry with God. It unfortunately lasted. However, there are countless passages in the Bible talking about how man's nature is to despise God. Thus, it seems to me the only remedy is for God to instill love in you, which would likely be accompanied by prayer, and asking God to instill this love. In light of things that are recently going on, I think it's easy to point a finger and blame God, but most of our issues are caused by humans. Perhaps viewing it in this light would redirect your anger, and help you focus at the human condition and making a positive change in anyway you can. This is the idea presented as sanctification in the Bible (a process of becoming holier). Let me know if you need anything.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#8 (permalink)) Old
InhObv2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 07:59 PM

Hey Kaliope! Hope you're ok and following the responses of a few others, feeling a bit better about this.

Don't worry about it! It's perfectly okay to be angry with God as there's a lot going on in the world that is strange and confusing, and in our own lives we can often feel wronged or hurt by God. The best thing you can do is be genuine and let your feelings be known - think of writings in the bible such as lamentations and the psalms; anger, grief, lament is often expressed and God is not afraid of these things! Even some of the final words of Jesus, in crying out 'Father why have you forsaken me?' on the cross can be seen as a shout of grief and pain, even in light of what would happen as a result of his actions.

I'm happy to talk about this more if you'd like, but my point is simply that anger is a perfectly reasonable response and you shouldn't get down on yourself for expressing that!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 18th 2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasju View Post
Hi!
I also have a history of similar problems, but I think I'll just tell you my opinion
Your relationship to god is your faith, your beliefs, maybe even your life.
No one else can judge your relationship with god, we all experience everything differently, but what's important is you and how you feel.
I personally think there's nothing wrong with being angry with god, I'm not Christian but if god made us and gave us these feelings then there's a reason
Good luck
Hello Nina! Thank you for the feedback with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Rye View Post
When I used to believe, there was a point that I became very angry with God. It unfortunately lasted. However, there are countless passages in the Bible talking about how man's nature is to despise God. Thus, it seems to me the only remedy is for God to instill love in you, which would likely be accompanied by prayer, and asking God to instill this love. In light of things that are recently going on, I think it's easy to point a finger and blame God, but most of our issues are caused by humans. Perhaps viewing it in this light would redirect your anger, and help you focus at the human condition and making a positive change in anyway you can. This is the idea presented as sanctification in the Bible (a process of becoming holier). Let me know if you need anything.
Hi Michael! Thank you so much!! It really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by InherentlyObvious View Post
Hey Kaliope! Hope you're ok and following the responses of a few others, feeling a bit better about this.

Don't worry about it! It's perfectly okay to be angry with God as there's a lot going on in the world that is strange and confusing, and in our own lives we can often feel wronged or hurt by God. The best thing you can do is be genuine and let your feelings be known - think of writings in the bible such as lamentations and the psalms; anger, grief, lament is often expressed and God is not afraid of these things! Even some of the final words of Jesus, in crying out 'Father why have you forsaken me?' on the cross can be seen as a shout of grief and pain, even in light of what would happen as a result of his actions.

I'm happy to talk about this more if you'd like, but my point is simply that anger is a perfectly reasonable response and you shouldn't get down on yourself for expressing that!
Hi Alex! Thank you!! That response really really made me understand that its ok to feel this way right now!

[Edited by In the Rye: User made three separate posts for each individual mentioned, I combined them into one.]

Last edited by ThisWillDestroyYou; November 18th 2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: User made three separate posts for each individual mentioned, I combined them into one.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 19th 2015, 06:06 PM

Have you ever been angry with your parents for them being right? That's kinda what this is usually like.
Its not bad, but I'd say its important to acknowledge that there is probably a purpose for bad things to happen, i.e. God will make good come out of it.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Is it wrong that I am mad at God? - November 20th 2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Have you ever been angry with your parents for them being right? That's kinda what this is usually like.
Its not bad, but I'd say its important to acknowledge that there is probably a purpose for bad things to happen, i.e. God will make good come out of it.
This really was a great way of explaining it to me! I really hope he does. Thank you so much!

Closed Thread