TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxPoppyPixiexx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Paranormalities in my home - March 11th 2012, 07:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so I'll start by saying that if you don't believe in ghosts or spirits and just wanna start arguements then this isn't the place I know you have your own opinions but I'm only asking for believers please and thankyou

Okay so I think my house may be haunted. Its a bit cliche but hear me out. The house is big and really old. A family lived hear but the father died so the children took the mom out to a nursing home. The house was empty for years. A three level house with a pool seemed great but I always felt uneasy when we moved in. I know what your think " oh you're just nervous about being in a new house". But I always moved around a lot. I've seen things while being here. Once I saw feet run down the hall while walking upstairs. I don't believe in coincidences. Everyone else was outside. My mom told me that when she visited the house for the first time there was a giant hole in the ceiling like someone fell through. I know what I'm saying isn't very believable and that Im not giving you enough information but that's only because so much has happened I cant remember it all and I already wrote quite a bit. So I want to know how I should handle this.

When nothing goes right go left

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 12:11 AM

Realize several things:

- Most people with "ghostly encounters" are women. They're far more likely to believe that they've heard or seen paranormal things.
- With you knowing the history of the house it's more likely that you'll encounter "Paranormal activity"
- With your mother confirming that she'd thought she had seen something unusual you're even more likely to experience something "Supernatural"

So really it's very likely you would experience some explainable everyday function, but interpret it as a "ghost".

If ghosts lived where they died, or where traumatic things happened, wouldn't hospitals be crawling with spirits? People of all walks of life go to hospitals to die of horrific dieases and injuries. If that's not traumatic enough, what is? I think this is a very good point for disproving the existence of ghosts.

Also realize that all these things are explainable. The lighting may have confused your mother, or maybe there was a legitmate hole that was later filled in. It's not relevant to ghostly activity.

As far as seeing feet, this is much more diffucult to explain. However you mentioned "I don't believe in coincidences" but that's not at all related to the topic. So I'm not sure what you meant by that. However the human mind can play powerful tricks on us, especially if you were already cautious of your home.

As far as feeling nervous of your home, if you knew the backstory at that point, it's not surprising. But even if you didn't, people react differently to moving differently each time. My family has moved around a fair bit, and sometimes I'd be excited, other times upset. It changes every time.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 12:40 PM

Places where people have lived and died do have 'residual energies' and sometimes these can be played back as 'recordings' or you are more tuned into the spiritual world - meaning you notice these sort of things because of how tuned in you are to the spiritual world also sometimes what you find in places like homes where people have lived and died is that they come back in visitation to that place because they were happy there or want to visit it again.

If you feel happy with the spirits in your home you can live them to get on with things but if you feel as they are a risk to you and your family you can contact a church and ask a priest to bless your home, you could also contact your local spiritualist church and have someone from the church come and investigate your house.

I believe that my house is haunted as the things I've seen , but also I am more tuned into the spiritual world as well so what I see in my house may well just be me seeing them simply because I can see them rather than my house being haunted, but I do believe that my house is haunted to some extent. This does not mean to say your house is haunted. It might be, it might not be. The best way to find out would be to contact a spiritualist church and have someone from the church come over to your house and investigate your house. Then if it is haunted they can hopefully give you some information on the spirits in your house and if you want them too they can move them onto the spiritual world (this is of course if they are 'grounded spirits' ).

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 05:43 PM

Banshee-Screamer: But everyone, be sure that the person cleansing your house of spirits is legimate, maybe by checking out their spirit hunting website. Also, be sure that they're priced compettively to the spirit-hunting market...

Do that if you honestly think it'll put you to rest about this, but you have to realize that if I were a ghost: sprinkling holy water on your carpet and signing a hymn in Celtic isn't going to deter me. The whole thing is a money grab.

I think you really need to be logical and try to find any other explaination for a phenomena before saying "it was a ghost."

- Justin

Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 05:50 PM

They don't exactly sprinkle holy water - they bless the house and such like. I'm not quite sure how they bless a house but it is said to help with spirits ect. Also from what I know most spiritualist churches will do this for free.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawifihacker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 07:11 PM

u r kidding urself. u been watching 2 many horror movies mate. why would there be feet on ur stairs????
go see a doctor thats what most ppl on this site seem to think. and banshee whatever u shld 2 cos thats not normal.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 12th 2012, 09:17 PM

Dawifihacker: Well, I agree that it is caused psychology, but seeing a doctor isn't necessary. They are in no way insane, but rather are just scaring themselves. We all do it, and reassurance from others is likely to improve it. Banshee's advice, although not technically sound could also prevent the OP from being scared if they truly believe it will, so I don't think your comment was justified in the slightest.

Banshee-Screamer: True, I still recomend not sucumbing to this behaviour though. Once you "buy into" (not in the literal sense) to the belief of spirits you're allowing yourself to terrify yourself regularly.

- Justin

Technologic

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 13th 2012, 02:52 AM

To be honest I do believe in spirits, ghosts, and the like. I'm not really too awfully scared, but then again I grew up with both of my parents and all my family living in the same area, working in a nursing home. Death is a sadly regular type of thing when it comes to a bunch of old people. Anyway, my point is even hospitals and nursing homes, places like that, can have spirits. There were things that can't be explained that would happen there. Point being, there can be spirits anywhere, and lastly I know, ghosts/spirits/whatever you want to refer to them as, very few of them want to harm you. They just haven't moved on. If you are as scared as you seem to be though, you can have a church bless the house like Banshee said, or another thing I've heard of is taking a sage smudge stick and burning it and rubbing around the house and yourself to cleanse the place. They're super easy to use, you just go get one, light it, blow it out so it's only smoldering but still smoking and wave it at the walls around your house coating them with the cleansing smoke then wave it around yourself to cleanse.

And there's nothing wrong with believing or not believing in ghosts or spirits, don't listen to dawifihacker, you don't need to go to the hospital. I personally think you may just be freaking yourself out too much. Calm down, remember, very few spirits actually want to harm anyone, if any really want to at all, and if it puts your mind at ease, have the place cleansed by either a church, spiritualist church, or just go get a cheap smudge stick.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Dawifihacker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 13th 2012, 03:45 PM

ok so maybe i went a bit far with da doctor thing. im sorry. i just think that u need to realise once you die you die. and thats it.
ur not gonna come back and be all 'wooooo im a ghost im gonna haunt u for the hell of it cos im an ass'
if u wanna believe in that shit then thats ur problem but dont come crying to me if sum1 tells u that ur nuts for it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 13th 2012, 04:27 PM

Agoraphobia: That was a genius post from the perspective of someone who believe in ghosts. I was trying to get the point that you made in the last sentence, but didn't do it very well.

Dawifihacker: That's highly debateable, and no one knows for sure. Maybe spirits exist, but the chances that the OP is actually experiencing paranormal activity is beyond unlikely. However no one made you the arbitary decider of what makes someone "nuts" or not. They were simply scared and came here for some kind of help or assurance, not to be told to admit themselves to the pyshcatric ward of the hospital.

- Justin

Technologic

(#11 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Paranormalities in my home - March 13th 2012, 05:53 PM

Can we try and stray away from the "you're mad for seeing ghosts" thing and get back on topic? The OP did ask only for those who believe in ghosts and the paranormal to reply so please try to respect that.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread