TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EmoGirl101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 18th 2012, 04:00 PM

So, I'm Wiccan and people, usually Christians and Catholics, usually assume that I worship Satin. I don't. We practice Wicca, magick, and in a way, we are witches. We don't go "Bippity Boppity Boo!" and a dog appears, which people also think. We choose one, or more, God/Goddess (either or both) to pray to. Some who practice Wicca DO do what people call "Black Magick" and curse other people, those that do that don't realize that Karma will come back to you 3 times worse for each curse you do. The people that practice "White magick" do things like Bless the Homeless, or Bless a Friend, and other things. Sometimes both use a Ouija Board. The ones that practice Black Magick try using the Spirits for personal gain and end up getting killed because they dont understand what they are doing, the ones that practice White magick talk to the Spirits, find things out, and just do what they can to HELP them. Once or twice though, somebody I know that practices Black Magick has used the Ouija Board to help people and vise versa. It's very confusing, I know. Im more of a beginner at Wicca so I'm sorrry if I confuse you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 18th 2012, 05:40 PM

Hey!! I feel your confusion there is also Gray and green magic. Gray magic I kinda both black and White but less personal gain like protecting your self family and friends and I can't quite remember what green magic is. I have a book called Wicca an witchcraft for dummies which is really helpfull.

If you wanna talk you can always message me!!

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EmoGirl101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 18th 2012, 09:44 PM

It is confusing! Haha. I feel like I'm abandoning the Goddess because I've been dealing with so much. Do you think she'd understand?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 18th 2012, 09:59 PM

I know that it's not devil worship, and I'm pretty sure that before Christianity, Pagan (Or at least god and goddess worshiping) was the main form, and from research it has been found that christianity does have some parts that come from worshiping a sun god (I can't remember his name, but he was generally prayed to by roman soilders) and the whole part of Jesus having a crown of thorns comes from him, which happened by some Roman empire that had the idea that, "I'm going to show everyone that I'm bigger than anything ever!"

-I'm really interested in Wicca, but I don't know anyone who practices, and google isn't the greatest source (What happens if I honestly move from white to black and I don't even know it?- I've used a Ouiji board before and we freaked out.)

-Also, even if I'm not ideal for giving advice because I'm floating around in the religion area, I don't think so, your not chosing to leave your goddess, and your not turning your back on your religious views, so she should understand.

Another question, you choose a "god or goddess", so if I chose to follow in the path of Sedna (My ancestors goddess of the sea, found across the arctic) that could either be Wicca or Shaminisim? (Because technically, Shamens were the ones who visited her in her underwater kingdom and combed out her hair to let out the sea animals traped inside.)

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 18th 2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoGirl101 View Post
It is confusing! Haha. I feel like I'm abandoning the Goddess because I've been dealing with so much. Do you think she'd understand?
The thing is, because Wicca is so personal, it matters less what we think and more what you do. So the real question is: do you think she'd understand?

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 20th 2012, 08:24 PM

I hate this assumption, myself. When I was unsure what I believed and was looking into other religions, Wicca was one of them. A certain "family" member told me that it was wrong, that they had loads of Gods and Goddesses to worship and it was evil and against God and all this crap.
Sadly I didn't think till after to explain that there's a main God and Goddess and the rest are a bit like the saints she prays to. Like there's a patron saint of healing, there will be a Goddess devoted to healing, etc.

People do need to learn before they judge.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 20th 2012, 09:45 PM

I learnt about a very very very very small amount of it. I don't think it's about worshipping the devil, but I do think it's a waste of time. Actually a waste of a lot of valuable time.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 20th 2012, 10:03 PM

Honestly, religion is just like this. So much assumption about beliefs. It's frustrating for sure. When I was still practicing Mormonism, a lot of people assumed a lot of things about it. Like, believing Mormons have multiple wives. It just is what it is. But believing what you believe, this is your chance to correct people. You KNOW your faith. And that's all that's going to matter.

I've learned from Chess, that Wicca is more personal than community based. So really, you decide and believe what you want.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 21st 2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonsteroids View Post
I learnt about a very very very very small amount of it. I don't think it's about worshipping the devil, but I do think it's a waste of time. Actually a waste of a lot of valuable time.
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but this made me curious. Would you mind elaborating on why exactly you think it's a waste of time?

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 21st 2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial. View Post
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but this made me curious. Would you mind elaborating on why exactly you think it's a waste of time?
Well, from what I know its a pagan religion in which you have more than one god. But you do have a goddess or sister god. You also do rituals and stuff. I'm not sure when but you do.

It's a waste of time because the things you believe in aren't proven to be true and I'm even more sceptical towards the practices of the religion. So I've concluded it most likely does nothing but make you feel good or feel like you've changed something you otherwise wouldn't have had the ability to do.

And no, I don't think I'll ever take up the practice because "i know nothing about it" because personal anecdotes do nothing useful most of the time in regards to the supernatural. It should just be proven. And it'll probably need to be pretty amazing to convince people.

So yea, I have better things to do. Like reading books.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 21st 2012, 01:39 PM

But why would something that "makes you feel good" be a waste of time?

I feel like we could argue this about many religions.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 21st 2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow. View Post
But why would something that "makes you feel good" be a waste of time?

I feel like we could argue this about many religions.
I know... I think that's all it does. Don't get me wrong, if you like it go for it. I was just giving my opinion

(#13 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Gender: without getting pg I was born both but am allfemale now

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 25th 2012, 09:48 AM

no I know you're faith I really admire it's pretty cool. I know you don't worship the devil....

(#14 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 29th 2012, 03:13 AM

I used to be Wiccan but well lets just say once i started practicing magick, well, the "dark side" (yes yes i know there is not dark side of magick, magick is not light or dark it is the user that makes it, and again yes yes yada yada im saying this for the people who havnt delved as far into magick as some people) and i discovered hexes and what not. I decided Wicca wasnt for me but LeVey satanism was and basically im eclectic with some satanism and some paganism, and Wicca is definitly not devil worship, hell, satanism isnt even devil worship, luciferism is, i think, maybe, i dont know, correct me if im wrong lol

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 29th 2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonsteroids View Post
I know... I think that's all it does. Don't get me wrong, if you like it go for it. I was just giving my opinion
Funny enough...I'm an atheist...and I don't think religion is a waste of time. I think every person, spiritually, should do what they like, and if it makes them happy and feel whole, in no way is that a waste of time. I could think playing videogames is a waste of time, some people think my poetry writing is a waste of time. But is it really? No. they're hobbies, things in life that makes us happy. To each their own, and I would never say somebody's spirituality is a waste of their time.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 29th 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post

Funny enough...I'm an atheist...and I don't think religion is a waste of time. I think every person, spiritually, should do what they like, and if it makes them happy and feel whole, in no way is that a waste of time. I could think playing videogames is a waste of time, some people think my poetry writing is a waste of time. But is it really? No. they're hobbies, things in life that makes us happy. To each their own, and I would never say somebody's spirituality is a waste of their time.
I agree with you

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - March 31st 2012, 06:12 AM

I haven't really believed it was devil-worshipping since I was a teenager and had some friends that were into it. Only uneducated, or ignorant, people really believe it's devil worship. I actually think it's like any other religion or following; it can be used for good or evil. While I don't believe in it, I think it is perfectly legitimate that others do.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
AnaMZ Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Wicca isn't worshipping the devil - April 1st 2012, 11:26 AM

Hmm. I don't think that Wicca is worshipping the devil, first off, but I do have more trouble accepting Wicca than other religions/spiritual beliefs, purely based on my experiences with some Wiccans. (Please note that I don't mean for this to be a generalisation! This is only what I personally have encountered.)

For starters, I only know of Wiccans who picked up their belief sometime between the ages of 13 and 20 (and I don't know of any beyond the age of... well, 30, although I'm sure they exist). Now, this isn't to invalidate teen experiences and the spiritual exploration that we undergo as teenagers, but it does relate a little to their reasoning behind picking up said religion. Amongst the reasons I have encountered:
1. It is cool: It should be self-explanatory why this is not a good way to pick your spiritual beliefs
2. I am into that sort of fashion/aesthetic already: Not convincing me here that it's not just part of a phase
3. It's less misogynistic than other religions (God vs. Goddess): This is true, but this still says nothing for its actual truth value
4. I tried a bunch of other religions, and I didn't like X aspect or Y aspect, I found them too strict, etc.

Number four bothers me the most of all of the above reasons, because I'm uncomfortable with the idea of people treating their view of the universe as a pick'n'mix. Call me the coarse atheist here, but I think that truth is truth, regardless of whether it's nice, makes you feel warm and fuzzy or requires you to go to church every Sunday or wear a hat with apricots attached or whatever. This is also not to say that Wiccans are the only ones who use this approach to choosing their religion, not at all, but I just found that many Wiccans I have met have explained their spiritual beliefs as essentially a combination of all of the things that they thought would be cool.

Just my two cents. If you've reached your religion as the result of careful and intellectually honest reasoning, props to ya. I just know a whooooole bunch of girls who went Wiccan for about a year or 2 as part of their plan to bring Ville Valo into their bedrooms.

Dear You,
You can make it through this. The clouds will not last forever.
From Me.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread