TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

I'm so confused and lost - April 18th 2012, 11:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Based on the Bible and stuff: Do you go to Hell if you commit suicide?
I've been told God forgives you for your sins if you come clean and what not. I have also been told that God doesn't hate anybody. But I was also told suicide is one of the most deadliest sins. And you can't really come clean if you are dead. But what if you know it is wrong, but you still commit suicide because you don't want to deal with life. Is it different for every religion? I'm not a religious person, but this question has been bugging me. Some people have told me you go to Hell because you got rid of a life that God gave you. Like you don't appreciate him. But if life wasn't getting better for people and they thought suicide would be the only way to be safe? I guess like them losing faith. my main question is just Do you go to Hell if you commit suicide?

"There wouldn't be a song called 'You Found Me' had God known'How to Save a Life.'"

"Concern yourself with only your matters." -E.A.W.

R.I.P. Tatyana Sawka June 20, 1998- April 9, 2012
R.I.P. Patch Herrmann January 29, 2000- Decmeber 6, 2012

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: I'm so confused and lost - April 19th 2012, 02:20 AM

Some people who have committed suicide have gone to Heaven and some have gone to hell. Here's why:

No human is perfect. We all sin. Even if we are a "good person" compared to other people, we are still all sinners and not perfect. Suicide is a sin just like lying, disobeying your parents, hatered, murder, etc. These are only a few sins; there are many more. Every single human has sin inside of them.

Well, the bible says that God is perfect, and Heaven is a perfect place for perfect beings. No sin can enter Heaven, it just can’t. God is perfect and has to be separate from sin. That would be bad news for us humans, because all of us have sin in us, so we would have to be forever separated from God/Heaven. If our sins are separating us from God and Heaven, we would have to go to hell forever when we die to pay the punishment for our sins because we aren't powerful enough to get rid of our sins on our own. We would all have to pay for our sins forever in hell.

BUT- God loves us so much that He didn't want to be separated from us forever. He didn't want us to go to hell. When we strayed away from Him (sinned), He had a plan to bring us back. He sent His Son, Jesus, from Heaven to Earth to take our sins away. Jesus took all of our sins upon Himself and was willingly tortured and killed on the cross to take the punishment for our sins. He paid the penalty for us so we wouldn't have to pay it forever in hell. The, three days later, God raised Him from the dead- defeating sin!

Having your sins taken away and paid for by Jesus is a free gift. Just like with any gift, we have to accept it. If a friend buys you a gift and you don't accept it, you don't get the gift, right? Jesus' gift of being saved from our sins is the same way, we have to receive Him! Remember that this is a FREE gift, so we can't work for it, deserve it, or earn it. You just have to accept what Jesus already did to take them away. You can do that (well, really it's God doing it through you) by believing that He did this for you and then repenting once and for all. The word "repent" means "change of mind"- so basically, you are changing your mind to know that sin is bad and should be avoided and that you want God's way instead. Then, you are saved from sin once and for all no matter what and are going to Heaven. Nothing can ever separate you from God ever again, not even suicide.

So, if someone had been saved from sin before they committed suicide, yes they would still have gone to Heaven. Once you are saved, you are saved even from the sins that you haven't done yet. However, that doesn't mean that suicide is a good idea, and please get help immediately if you are considering it (though it sounds more like you've lost someone to suicide, in which case I'm very sorry for your loss). I can't tell you for sure if the person who you lost went to Heaven or hell, because I didn't know them to know if they were saved. You'd probably know because they probably would have talked about being saved from sin and being born again ("born again" means that your old sinful spirit is gone and God has put His spirit in you). But, I can't tell you for sure because its not my place to judge who is saved and who isn't.

Please send me a message if you ever need to talk.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm so confused and lost - April 19th 2012, 03:42 AM

Rachel, no body knows for sure what happens after death. it;s a lot of speculation and wishful thinking..that's what faith is. What we do know is that the people who survive you...your friends, your family, your pets...have a really difficult time.

But, that's besides the point here. The issue is why yo';d want to end your life. Surely, there are ways of making it right, you have so much ahead of you. Death is so permanent. It;s forever, a really long time. Think of the good stuff you'd miss. Freedom, adulthood, a spouse, kids. Let me tell you, all worth it, and veeeery different than being a kid and going thru what you are. Childhood is really temporary, and being a grown up is so much different. Nnd a lot better.

Let's talk about ways to get you to someone who can help make it go away...

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: I'm so confused and lost - April 19th 2012, 12:54 PM

Well, no one knows for certain, as the Bible is not like really clear that EVERYONE who commits suicide goes to Hell. We do know the Judas (the person who helped arrest Jesus went to Hell (as stated in the Bible) However, I PERSONALLY believe that if a Christian commits suicide while not in the right mind. For example, one of my professor's mentors committed suicide, but no one knew until AFTER the fact that he was bi-polar. I believe that in cases like that God has grace and he is in Heaven. However, just as according to the Bible it does not address directly whether ALL who commit suicide go to Hell.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: I'm so confused and lost - April 19th 2012, 07:25 PM

Thank you guys so much. This came up due to talks with my friends who are Catholics and some say you directly go to Hell for suicide. I just don't want to believe that. Which is why I ask this question. Sp thank again. This really helped me and I'm glad I asked this question.

"There wouldn't be a song called 'You Found Me' had God known'How to Save a Life.'"

"Concern yourself with only your matters." -E.A.W.

R.I.P. Tatyana Sawka June 20, 1998- April 9, 2012
R.I.P. Patch Herrmann January 29, 2000- Decmeber 6, 2012

Closed Thread