TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MissingRena Offline
Living Paradox
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Reenie

New here and needing support.. - November 3rd 2012, 11:37 PM

Hello there, my name is Reenie and I feel like another dark time is just about upon me as I've had troubles the last four year on and off. >w< And the winter months tend to be difficult for me anyhow.
So I thought that joining a forum where I could get support would be a good thing for me to do as I don't have any friends I can talk to about my problems... :c
Anyway, I am 17 years old. This year is my last in high school and it's sucking majorly as far as the social side of things goes--it seems I am public enemy no. 1 at school D": And this is really distressing to me as I've always looked for the best in people but it seems my classmates don't want to return the favor =/
Over the summer I spent 17 days in a mental health unit and they diagnosed me with major depressive, borderline personality and bipolar disorder...I've been taking meds, but without a support group it's not doing as much as it could.
If anyone is willing to talk with me about somethings, I'd be happy to lend support when I am better on my feet with my mood and stuff. <33
Thanks for reading and sorry if this is in the wrong place >w<

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 6th 2012, 04:41 AM

Hey Reenie I'm glad you joined the site! I'm sure lots of people here will understand what you're going through, and feel free to message me any time you want to talk. See you around!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 6th 2012, 01:07 PM

Hey Reenie!

Don't worry, you've posted in the right place. I'm Cara and one of the Buddies on the site so if you have any questions or just fancy a chat then send me a message and I'll be happy to help.

If you haven't already then I suggest reading these two threads since they contain the basic information of how the forums work and also explain all the different ways to get help here on the site : How to Use the Forums and Obtaining Advice or Support

Once again, if you do need somebody to talk to then I'm here. Take care!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 6th 2012, 06:46 PM

Hey there! I'm Jay, well done on coming to a forum to help yourself, I congratulate you on the amazing choice you have! Hope to see you around and offer help when I can. Feel free to VM if you'd ever like to talk

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 11th 2012, 01:09 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp! I'm Barbara

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 11th 2012, 03:23 PM

Hey. Welcome to the site.
I'm kayla, If you ever want someone friendly to talk too you can always find me around.
I hope you enjoy the site.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 11th 2012, 03:39 PM

Hey There Reenie My name's Tay, and if you ever need a friend, I'm here to offer an open ear. I'm pretty understanding over any topic, and to relate even more, I have those disorders as well.
Anyway, be sure to check out the different forums we have here, its super great
I'm always here for ya <3 stay strong <3
-tay

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 12th 2012, 01:58 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp! Im Dionna, nice to meet you. Good job on coming to a place where you can talk to people. Hope you find your way around.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 12th 2012, 07:13 PM

Hey Reenie

I hope that we are able to help you and lend you the support that you are looking for.

Check out the Chat Room sometime. It is a nice place to hang out, though it can be really slow or really fast at times but one gets use to it. We have different rooms in there. The Chat Lobbies are for chilling out and and having fun. The Support and Advice rooms are for seeking help and talking about serious stuff. And we also have Facilitated Discussions on every Saturday at 3 different timings on various topics.

I promise that you won't be judged in here. You don't need to pretend and will be accepted for who you are.

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to talk about anything.
I hope to see you around!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 12th 2012, 08:49 PM

Hi Reenie,
I think you are in the right place for help. I understand your situtation. I was that lonely, wierd, made fun of kid. I will be more than happy to help you. If you would like to contact me, you are more than welcome to. You can do so by email, pivate message, or vistor message. Please Stay Strong and Safe.
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
MissingRena Offline
Living Paradox
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 13th 2012, 03:25 AM

Thank you all very much for the welcome! You all seem to be very kind~! (:
I have been having a lot going on lately, and kinda collapsed last Wednesday, but I saw my therapist today and am doing much better for the time being. <33

I will try to post more tomorrow, but for now I sleep.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 14th 2012, 06:00 AM

Hi, Reenie! Welcome to TeenHelp. I'm Christabel, nice to meet you. <3 I'm glad you found us.
I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through.
If the winter months are more difficult, that could be a sign of S.A.D. Seasonal Affect Disorder. Let's hope not though.
Umm... I won't see bad in you. :3 I won't judge you. If you need to talk I'm here and happy to listen. You can VM/PM anytime you like. I'll be there with a smile and infinite support. I hope things get better for you.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
shimmer Offline
Not a n00b

Name: shimmer

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 14th 2012, 07:18 AM

Hey Reenie,I'm Shimmer. Welcome to TeenHelp.I'm also new here and trying to overcome depression and this forum have been a helped to me to a extent I hope it will do same for you.If you like to share anything I will be happy to hear without being judgemental.Hope to see you around.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
MissingRena Offline
Living Paradox
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 15th 2012, 10:57 PM

Okay, so I've been trying to figure out how to word this for the last few days and I think I've got it...

You know how people say things like "It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all." and stuff like "It better to be alone then to be someone you can't love." ? Well, I never understood those until now. The first saying I completely get now but it leaves me aching for love and feeling like my heart has been ripped out--because I have loved and still do have this deep emotional connection to this man who is just as narcissistic and funny and sweet as I am; problem is I can't be with him because it seems every force in the Universe is pulling us apart--his job EMSing; my senior year of high school; our mentors and my friends...it's like the Universe gave us both a taste of how amazing love can be and the took it away. It's as if a happy ending is not possible for us in this life...he told me he still loves me; and I believe that but our lives haven't crossed paths in the real world since August. )":
As far as that other saying goes; I understand that one too. I'm currently dating someone else but I can't talk to him like I do the man I love. I can see him and cuddle him and kiss him of course, but I can't connect with him emotionally...It's just, I like having him as my boyfriend because I get creature comfort but the deep intellectual and emotional connection I need isn't there...I know it's wrong to stay with him while I love another man, but if I don't have human contact at the very least I would lose all hope for love in the future...
Sorry this is a lot but it's been trapped inside my head for awhile now..

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: New here and needing support.. - November 15th 2012, 11:34 PM

Hey Reenie!

First, let me say: Welcome to Teenhelp! I'm very glad you decided to join our community, it really is a wonderful place to recieve help and to help others in return. I'm very sorry for what you've been going through and I know it must be hard, but stay strong! Everyone on this site is here for you.

My name is Haru, and I'm another of the site's buddies. We all have lime green usernames. If you have any questions, concerns, need any help, anything at all really, you can feel free to shoot me (or any other buddy, for that matter) a pm or vm anytime. Welcome to TH, I look forward to seeing you around soon!

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

Closed Thread