TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
coimirceoir Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dean

Hi. - April 20th 2009, 10:41 PM

Hi There,

I guess this would be the best place to introduce myself, Im a guy, Im 25 and Im from Ireland, Ive come here hopefully to be able to help or support anyone who might need it. I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse which happened over 10 years from the age of 5 till 15, as a teenager I found it very difficult to deal with life and what had happened to me, It wasnt until I turned 20 when I first spoke out and sought help for my problems, but by that time I had led a very bad life, which Involved self harm, drug and alcohol problems, self destruction, and attempted suicides. When I turned 20 I had started college and I struggled until I joined a Peer support group, and sought the help of a counseller, I know some of you may not like the idea of counsellers or you may of had some bad experiances, but it does help if you let it, but by god did it help me, the man who spoke to me saved my life and got me back on track, I found an online group and joined up there and many many other Sex abuse survivors and since then Ive slowly learned how to deal with what happened.

But my main point would be basiclly that I remember how hard it was growing up through the teenage years, and I didnt have any help or support or anywhere to turn and I always said that when I could I wouldnt let it happen to anyone else, now I know I cant just amke it better for everyone( although I wish I could) but I think just by maybe listening to someone who has a problem or needs some advice is a good start.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Hi. - April 20th 2009, 11:07 PM

Hi Dean,

You probably have no idea how invaluable your experience and advice will be to the teens here on this site. It's a pleasure to have you here and I am so glad that you are doing something so productive out of those negative experiences. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that and I am very proud of you for seeking help.

Be sure to check out the stickies at the top of this forum, especially 'How to use the forums' and 'Obtaining Support and Advice'. They can really help get to know the forum a bit better. Or feel free to message me at any time. I'm always up for answering questions or just chatting.

Have some fun here too The Chat Room is great for getting to know the other members here, and Chit Chat has some fun games.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mel Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Mel

Re: Hi. - April 20th 2009, 11:10 PM

Hey there, Dean. Welcome to the site. =)

I'm very sorry to hear that things have been so tough for you along the way. I'm very glad to hear, though, that you've come here to try to help others from all of your own personal experiences. It's always great to have more people who are willing to help!

Either way, I hope you find things well here. Since you're new around here, I'll link you to some helpful stickies! To start, check out our thread on How to Use the Forum. As the title suggests, it shows you how to use different features of our site. On addition to that thread, check out Obtaining Advice or Support. Though you're here to help, remember we're here to help if you need us too!

If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Take care!

∞ 1.16.07 ∞ 7.4.07 ∞ 9.16.08 ∞

Click here to PM me. | Never Give Up ツ

I have not failed.
I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Hi. - April 20th 2009, 11:47 PM

Hey Dean (: You definitely sound like a cool person, and like you've been through a lot in life. I think that you'll really be able to help people here, and hopefully we can all help you out to if you ever need it. If you ever have any questions or just feel like chatting sometime, I'm always here (and practically always online )

Hope to see you around. Take care. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
rockerbabe12292 Offline
The One and Only
Average Joe

Name: Jocie Oeser

Re: Hi. - April 20th 2009, 11:52 PM

Hello Dean,
Welcome to TH. My name is Jocie. I am so happy that you had the power to seek and get help for all of your past experiences!!! My counselor saved my life as well after I lost a few people that I was very close to. If you have any questions or just want to talk please send me a message.

Have a great day,
Jocie

RIP JESSIE, JACK, & DAVID <3

CJM <3 UNTIL THE END OF TIME

<3 JOCIE

http://www.theblogofjocie.blogspot.com
  Send a message via AIM to rockerbabe12292 Send a message via MSN to rockerbabe12292 Send a message via Yahoo to rockerbabe12292  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: Hi. - April 21st 2009, 06:13 AM

hiya welcome!
aw i am so sorry all that has happened to you!!!
its awsome you came here (:
feel free to drop me a pm/vm whenever
xox

Dream ♥

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Hi. - April 21st 2009, 06:15 AM

Good for you! Welcome to the site, it's great that you're here to help

Lawl.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
JustARandomGirl Offline
Average Joe

Re: Hi. - April 21st 2009, 06:27 AM

We;come. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Cause we are very lovely people all like one big family
Feel free to pm of vm me anytime.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Cause we are very lovely people all like one big family
Feel free to pm of Vm me anytime.

Last edited by JustARandomGirl; April 21st 2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

Closed Thread