TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 03:14 AM

Hey.

So this is really killing me to type. Um, I have to leave to the site. I've gotten to the point that I'm scared when I am older all of the stuff I've post will come back to bite me in the butt. Since I've posted very personal stuff. I just am not at a place in my life where I can handle with those added stresses. I hope you understand. I really don't want to leave. Just feel I have too. I thought when I signed up that this would be a "safe" and um secure place for me to open up to people. Since I am not able to do that in person. I guess I was wrong. Sorry. I am just very upset that I have to leave the site. If I didn't then I would be here and never post which wouldn't be hoping anything. So yea.. II want to thank you for everything you've all done for me! Hopefully in the future we can talk soon.

Take care and stay strong! <3
~Catlady

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
So sleepy.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 03:22 AM

I am sorry to hear you're going but I totally understand your reasoning. If you ever want to return in the future you can. <3

Another suggestion is trying to remove personally identifying information on your profile, such as by using a nickname and not including your full location, so it's less likely you'll be identified.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia. Send a message via Skype™ to Melancholia. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 03:31 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry you have to leave and that you feel this way.

Take care of yourself and we will be here if you do decide to come back.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
I've been here a while

Name: Raven

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 04:02 AM

Awe! I will miss seeing you around, but I understand the reasoning behind it. You could do what Dez suggested and just remove anything that could be used to identify you, and this site is worldwide so it would be hard to track you down if anyone came on here.

I hope to be able to talk you again some time, look after yourself okay? Don't forget you can always come back whenever you want to. You have been wonderful to have on here, and I will definitely miss you.

Take care.

19.12.15|14.07.16|11.2.17
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 04:51 AM

Completely valid concern. I Google myself periodically for this reason (especially since I put my volunteer experience from here on my resume) and, unless someone knows my username (which I don't give out) I know they won't find anything. Unless they Google my exact username and the name of the site together, nothing comes up.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 10:14 AM

Sorry to see you go! I do understand your concerns though, as I have felt the same way in the past. It's always best to talk when you feel safe, otherwise, you may worry about people finding out (though that's generally hard to do, but still a valid concern). I hope that you are able to get support offline. And don't forget that you can always use Live Help and HelpLINK which is completely confidential. Take care

HelpLINK Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 01:35 PM

Im so sad to see you go but I can understand. Just take good care of yourself, stay safe and look after yourself and remember we're always here for you, if you ever need us, okay? You'll be in my thoughts

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 02:16 PM

Take care of yourself I understand your reasoning, although it's the same for pretty much everywhere online, the internet is not a particularly private place. However, if you need anything, feel free to PM me, they are private.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 08:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving, however, I understand why you are. Take care of yourself and remember that we'll be here if you ever decide to return.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 11:33 PM

Sorry to see you leave. If you change your mind and ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Good luck on your endeavors. Take care.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Bye :'( - February 14th 2016, 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear that you are leaving but I do understand. I hope things go well for you and hopefully will see you some time down the road!

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Broken crayons still color.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Bye :'( - February 17th 2016, 04:39 AM

I understand why you're leaving but it's still sad to see you go. If you ever change your mind, we're here for you.

Articles & Resources Officer|Senior Newsletter Editor|Forum & Community Moderator

The wild woman has
a deep love of nature,
a love for the ancient mother,
though possibly misunderstood,
it has always been her.
When she goes into
the wilderness
a part
of her soul is going home.
-Shikoba-

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Ayurnamat. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞

Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi

Re: Bye :'( - February 17th 2016, 06:23 AM

I understand why you're leaving but please remember to take care of yourself. I hope you're able to return eventually! Wishing you all the best.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Bye :'( - February 19th 2016, 09:34 PM

Hey, Kaliope.

I am sad to see you leave, and especially for this reasoning when you want to stay. I just wanna say that I understand your reasoning one-hundred percent as that reason is a large factor of what has made me want to leave the site in the past as well. However, you can PM me anytime. That is private, and you shoild have support, you know? You've got many friends here who care a lot about you so don't be afraid to talk to any one of us if you need a listening ear.

In the meantime, please take care and hold on. Don't forget to recognize all the strength and kindness you have. You can pull through anything. And you are not alone.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Bye :'( - February 20th 2016, 07:26 AM

I can see that you've made some progress, and I understand your concerns. But you'll always have a family over here, and we'll keep things private. We just want to see you happy, and know that things will definitely get better.

There's absolutely no reason for you to doubt yourself, as you've already proven yourself to be a sweet, kind individual who has a lot of heart and compassion for others.. and you're going to get even better as time goes by.

We're always going to be around for you, and we are not going anywhere!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Bye :'( - February 26th 2016, 12:40 AM

Well see ya I guess. You can always make a new teenhelp account if you feel that you have posted information on your current one that people could tie to you in real life.

But here are a few things you can do to ensure that what you post on the internet is never tied to you personally:

-periodically google search your name, email address, skype username,etc. If anything comes up in these searches that you don't want people who know you to see, request that the websites take those posts down.
- never post your full name anywhere (obviously)
- never post your email address or skype username on any public website (such as reddit , yahoo answers, teenhelp,etc.). If you do- anyone who knows your email address can google it.
-never make an account on any website with a similar username to your email address or last name.
-if your email address or skype username comes up in a google search- stop telling people that address and make a new one.
-never post stories that are uniquely yours online. For example, don't tell stories that could identify you to people that read them- be vague about certain details.

Just remember that if you are answering a person's question on an internet post- anything you say can come up in a google search. So, for example if you were to tell someone your common email address or full name in a post on teenhelp- anyone who knows that address/name will be able to see your profile here by typing that in a google search.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: Bye :'( - February 26th 2016, 01:31 PM

I'm sorry to see you go, Kalliope. Take care of yourself and I wish you all the best in life.

Closed Thread