TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 09:54 AM

Hey everyone!

I first discovered this forum about a few weeks ago as I was panicking over the chances of my girlfriend being pregnant. Who else did the same?

After receiving very helpful opinions to my questions and having used HelpLINK myself, I found this platform to be very engaging and hence, my main source of inspiration for deciding to submit my volunteer interest form recently is none other than Celyn (Holly). She has greatly inspired me to step up and step out to volunteer with the Staff Team; especially with her replies given to the other posts I have seen thus far on the forum. (A big kudos to you and the team, Celyn!)

A short introduction about myself. I am Marcus from Singapore. I recently turned 20 this year and I am currently serving my military conscription.

Before enlistment, I studied Mass Communications in Singapore and I plan to further my studies with Murdoch University after I fulfil my national service, though I am not sure if I should do a single major or double major. The thing is, I have majors such as Communication & Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Web Communications to choose from! Fortunately, I managed to shortlist all the way down to Public Relations and Journalism Yet I am still stuck with whether to drop either one or take both.

Do reply to this post or drop me a private message if you want to get to know me more! Or if you have any recommendations in relation to my undergraduate studies, please fire away!

Cheers,
Marcus

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 12:19 PM

Welcome to the site, Marcus. I wasn't panicking when I found the site but I was doing Google searches relating to self-harm questions. I lurked for a while, then made an account.

TeenHelp is a really amazing place and I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us do.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 12:24 PM

Hey,

Welcome to the site! I have been seeing you around and it has been really nice to see a new poster! As for what you should major in, I know my brother majored in Mass Communication and Journalism (I am assuming that might be pretty similar to what you are looking into). He really enjoyed majoring in that and he had the desire to become a journalist or work on a news station. Of course, that didn't end up happening. That being said, I believe my boyfriend's dad got his degree in Journalism and he ended up working for a newspaper for a while and then he transitioned to doing PR with a very big company. If the degrees you mention interest you than you should consider going for them. Do what you feel will make you happy!

I hope things go well with your application as well. It can take a bit of time to get a approval or denial. Also, please don't get upset if you don't get approved for staff the first time. I know there have been a few people who didn't get approved for a position the first time they applied but did the next time!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 12:31 PM

Hey, Marcus! Welcome to the forums.

I noticed that you said you don't like horror movies and I'm right there with you. I will close my eyes and ears if I have to! I'm just wondering, but what can I do to become a "professional human"? I'm very curious about this! The only thing that I'm a professional at is being a potato.

I'm really happy that we were able to help you out and feel inspired. That's what we do here! It's awesome that you've been posting around the forums so much, too. You look like you're finding things okay, but please let me know if you have any questions about anything.

I wish you the best of luck with your Staff application.

See you around!

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

@Cassado Oh yes, I do find TeenHelp very helpful and I hope it is the same for everyone who has visited this website at least once! I wouldn't know where I can get second opinion from other than consulting a doctor about it which can be pretty daunting. Haha!

@~Abibliophobe~ Mhm! I probably should take up both since I can't decide on either one because I love both equally! Thank you for your well wishes, am hoping for the best for my Staff application. I will still be around keeping myself actively involved and helping fellow TeenHelpers even if my application is unsuccessful! And of course, to apply again

@amemoia To be a professional human is simple! You just got to do something and give yourself 1 more reason to be happy (and/or positive) each day! Thank you for your best wishes, keeping my fingers crossed yeah! And damn you are right on closing the eyes and ears part. I don't care if I get judged in public for doing that because I'd do anything to prepare myself from a jump scare. I really hate jump scares... Especially the high pitch screams.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 04:42 PM

Pleased to officially welcome you into the TeenHelp community, Marcus!

I'm glad that you have found HelpLINK and the forums to be helpful and very touched that you were inspired to submit a volunteer application as well! It's great to see that you've been getting stuck in and helping out around the forums too.

Your studies sound interesting! Hope you are able to reach a decision though, as I know it's difficult when you can't decide.

See you around

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 22nd 2017, 05:25 PM

@Celyn Hey Ceylyn! Thank you so much. I was so glad to have received a reply so quickly on HelpLINK, because I did not expected a reply in such a short time! I was very happy to know it was you whom replied when I checked my inbox to open the unread message because your replies have been very sincere and helpful to the other posts as observed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Pleased to officially welcome you into the TeenHelp community, Marcus!

I'm glad that you have found HelpLINK and the forums to be helpful and very touched that you were inspired to submit a volunteer application as well! It's great to see that you've been getting stuck in and helping out around the forums too.

Your studies sound interesting! Hope you are able to reach a decision though, as I know it's difficult when you can't decide.

See you around

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 01:49 AM

Hey,

I am so glad that Holly and the other HelpLINK Mentors have been helpful to you! It's great that you have been able to get such awesome advice.

Good luck with your studies as well! I know you'll be able to decide.

-Dez

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 02:33 AM

Hello and welcome. I have also seen you around.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 06:45 AM

@~*Just Keep Swimming*~ Hey Dez! Thank you for your well wishes, hopefully I will get to a decision since I have about 8 months left before I complete my military service

@Golfing girl Hey Emma! I remember you, you were the second to reply to me on HelpLINK. Thanks for the warm welcome!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 08:58 AM

just wondered why now after well over 100 posts? although you have done great to be that active in only 3 weeks! but glad to see you here so much (while i fear i have slipped away as of this month!)

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Oregano Offline
it's a herb

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 11:23 AM

Welcome!

I see you around a lot and I hope to see you more often

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 23rd 2017, 12:07 PM

@matthewmatters Hey Matthew! Nice to meet you, hope you will be active as much as you were previously! That's a very good question you've got there. I was wondering why no one had asked this question yet! I realised my first post on this forum was on my personal concern already and I felt that I should've properly introduced myself to all of you here after I looked through some of the recent introduction posts.

@Paroxysm Hey Delwen, thank you for welcoming me the second time! You were the first one to welcome me on this forum when I first joined. Do keep up the good job making new users feel welcomed because I did!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 24th 2017, 07:06 PM

[quote=Markus;1298357]@matthewmatters Hey Matthew! Nice to meet you, hope you will be active as much as you were previously! That's a very good question you've got there. I was wondering why no one had asked this question yet! I realised my first post on this forum was on my personal concern already and I felt that I should've properly introduced myself to all of you here after I looked through some of the recent introduction posts.

its up to you really but you are obviously good with people as you give and take a lot while you are here and while i try to help with what i can, i did make a post in family and friends section. i am simply making you aware of that, but i wont badger anyone for a response. For now, i will just say i am in quite a pickle im glad in a way as people are obviously thinking carefully before they say something, rather than rushing straight in

(#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 25th 2017, 12:40 AM

Hey Marcus, welcome to the site and I'm glad you found advice from other members to be useful! I want to wish you the best of luck on choosing a subject for your studies when the time comes. See you around!

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 25th 2017, 01:01 AM

@matthewmatters I must've missed your post! I would've replied if I saw. I will take a look at it when I get to my office, okay? I am glad you are finding it okay and comfortable here too! Will look forward to many interesting conversation with you, Matthew.

@Scribophile. Hey Scribophile! Thank you so much for your well wishes. Welcome to TeenHelp too! Haha See you around and I hope we won't stop at this one, yeah? More conversations to come!

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 25th 2017, 08:58 AM

Hi there Marcus!

Welcome to Teenhelp!

Feel free to message me if you ever need anything!

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 25th 2017, 03:05 PM

@Imagination. Hey there, sure thing! Thank you for the warm welcome

(#19 (permalink)) Old
London1621 Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Name: London

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 25th 2017, 07:26 PM

Hi, welcome.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 26th 2017, 05:47 AM

@London1621 Hey London! Thank you so much, hope to see you around!

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 28th 2017, 04:54 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp, Markus! I hope that you’ve been finding your way around the site so far. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - September 28th 2017, 09:54 AM

@Smultrostalle. Hey! Thank you, yes I have

(#23 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Knock knock. Who's there? - October 3rd 2017, 01:35 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp! I don't quite remember how I found this site.. I've been here too long xD

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread