TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Why I am here - April 18th 2018, 08:35 AM

I'm not exactly sure how to do this but here goes.
I've been struggling a lot in life. For the first six years of my life I grew up in a broken home. I was abused constantly and was introduced to alcohol at age six. My mom gave it to me when I told her I was thirsty.
After an incident invoving a large bruise on the cheek my mother was arrested and I was put into foster care. I was moved 5 times. Home after home after home. I learned not to trust or love anyone. By the age of 12 I was smoking and drinking often and technically ruined my life. I attempted suicide multiple times and for some reason I'm still alive (it's a miracle! )...I want to keep living and see what life has next for me but I'm also on the verge of giving up. I need all the support I can get right now
thx for reading

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Why I am here - April 18th 2018, 08:52 AM

to TH.
I am so sorry that you have had it rough growing up. I understand this to an extent. I also want to say I am glad that you came here. I'm also glad you don't want to give up. If you ever need to talk you can always PM/VM me.

Your Friend,
Frankie<3

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Why I am here - April 18th 2018, 02:57 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp. I'm sorry you've had such a rough start to life, but I am glad you've decided to join and want to reach out. It definitely says you want to change/improve your circumstances. Don't hesitate to reach out on the forums if you need to, or alternately, you can use LiveHelp or HelpLINK if you want.

If you ever need to talk or whatever, I am here. Take care of yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why I am here - April 18th 2018, 03:54 PM

Hello and welcome! I am glad that you found the site and I hope that you are able to find support. If you need anything please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Why I am here - April 19th 2018, 12:20 AM

Hi and welcome to teenhelp. Hugs.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Why I am here - April 19th 2018, 02:53 AM

I hope you get the advice you deserve here. J definitely gave you some great suggestions on where to start.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nala. Offline
Begin Again
Average Joe

Name: Ellie

Re: Why I am here - April 19th 2018, 08:49 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp!

Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry about everything that happened while you were growing up. I wish that you could have had a happier childhood because you deserved much better than what you had to go through. I can see why you'd be struggling so much at this point, but I'm happy you want to keep on living and see what life has for you next; hold on to that.

TeenHelp is a great place for support, advice and making friends. You seem kind and I bet you will fit right in with us. I believe we spoke in chat! Please feel free to PM/VM me because I'd love to get to know you better. Take care.

TH member since 2012.
John 3:16

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Unbreakable

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Why I am here - April 19th 2018, 09:06 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp! I spoke to you a bit in the chat room I hope you're doing okay now and feeling better.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#9 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why I am here - April 20th 2018, 12:30 AM

Awww thx guys I feel very welcomed.

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Why I am here - April 20th 2018, 11:02 AM

You have come to such a loving forum, of caring people and a support that is second to none. I think you will be happy here like I have become, but you must reach out asking for help, and as many times as you need.

I can relate to your situation, too. I was adopted, but had a sometimes violent foster mother who thankfully is passed now. So many dreadful things have happened, but I'm a survivor and I am asking you to stay strong. You can, for it is possible. I have been through what you are struggling with, but given time we can grow stronger. We just need to be patient with ourselves because it won't happen overnight.

It's wise you have stopped trusting people because you are very vulnerable, but like when I was 15, I believe that your life will improve, given time. Truthfully, I believe that anything is possible providing we give up the belief we can't do it.

Welcome to Teen Help. Please feel you can visit me or pm me whenever you want. I'm only a whisper away.

In friendship

~ Belle

(#11 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why I am here - April 20th 2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
You have come to such a loving forum, of caring people and a support that is second to none. I think you will be happy here like I have become, but you must reach out asking for help, and as many times as you need.

I can relate to your situation, too. I was adopted, but had a sometimes violent foster mother who thankfully is passed now. So many dreadful things have happened, but I'm a survivor and I am asking you to stay strong. You can, for it is possible. I have been through what you are struggling with, but given time we can grow stronger. We just need to be patient with ourselves because it won't happen overnight.

It's wise you have stopped trusting people because you are very vulnerable, but like when I was 15, I believe that your life will improve, given time. Truthfully, I believe that anything is possible providing we give up the belief we can't do it.

Welcome to Teen Help. Please feel you can visit me or pm me whenever you want. I'm only a whisper away.

In friendship

~ Belle
Thx what you've said is very encouraging. I'm glad you can relate to me. Not many people really understand what foster care is like and it's nice to know people who have been there.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Why I am here - April 23rd 2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenitysAngel View Post
Thx what you've said is very encouraging. I'm glad you can relate to me. Not many people really understand what foster care is like and it's nice to know people who have been there.
How are you today?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Why I am here - April 24th 2018, 04:24 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about your upbringing.

Welcome to Teenhelp and if you ever need thing my inbox is always open.

Closed Thread