TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 05:50 PM

"Cuckoo-clocking" is what aunty remarks when I'm in and out of the house a lot since I started touring with my band. During this time I've been making some pretty serious changes, all for the better, though this means I won't be so active on the forums as I'd like. But I must put my health first as well as Mandy's, because we have started on something really, really good.

We have employed a personal trainer. Having one is a good trade-off for our eventual independence from the family, for not only is the trainer guiding us through our fitness routine, but also she is coaching us towards emotional wellness. We want more freedom from our family who kept putting unfair restrictions on us, so by becoming fitter and being taught by a personal trainer how to cope with our emotional problems means we are becoming stronger day by day. My feeling better inside is also reflected in having a greater experience when performing. Once onstage I feel energized, though pre-performance nerves is quite normal.

Lately, I've been taking much needed rest between performancies so to get pain relief from the juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Since the weather has been wonderful lately, less damp means less joint pain and what little I do experience still is being alleviated by non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs. My doctor has been very good lately.

Last weekend our concerts in Monaco were great. I just hope that I can come here more often after May, because I love TeenHelp so much and made some wonderful friends here.

Much love,

~ Belle

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 06:14 PM

I think it's great that you and Mandy now have a personal trainer! Hopefully this will improve the quality of life for you both. Please continue to take care of yourself and I look forward to more delicious recipes when you return!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 06:52 PM

It is so great that you are looking out for your and Mandy's health and that you are going to dedicate some time to it, as well as touring. I hope all goes well!

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial. View Post
I think it's great that you and Mandy now have a personal trainer! Hopefully this will improve the quality of life for you both. Please continue to take care of yourself and I look forward to more delicious recipes when you return!
The trainer is highly qualified and set out a programme for us. I specially liked that she took a lot of time evaluating Mandy's needs which are a little different to mine. The 'wellness' part includes the spiritual side which we have yet to discover. So far, we are eating better and this is helping our metabolism through the exercise routine which the 'trainer has also set out. This is extra effective for the concerts, I have more energy and strength and certainly need it because performing can be very tiring.

I've posted a couple more recipes and hope you'll like them. I'm trying to keep the meals varied, but no all are going to be to everyone's liking.

This evening, Mandy made some high-energy cereal bars. I could se easily pocket a handful, except my pockets would bulge. Then I'd be caught!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
It is so great that you are looking out for your and Mandy's health and that you are going to dedicate some time to it, as well as touring. I hope all goes well!
Well, she's looking after me! Today we woke late since last night's concert didn't fininsh til gone 4 AM - it was a night club and people don't crawl back home til sunrise, but which time a lovely cool shower helped take the adrenaline down.

It's coming up to 9 PM now and I'm about ready to sleep. I'll keep in contact here, much as I can cos I love this place so much.

Thank you both so much.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 08:23 PM

I am glad you are looking after yourself. I know that can be hard to do sometimes. I hope you enjoy touring and I look forward to see you around a bit more in May. I love the recipes that you post.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 23rd 2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
I am glad you are looking after yourself. I know that can be hard to do sometimes. I hope you enjoy touring and I look forward to see you around a bit more in May. I love the recipes that you post.
It's been difficult getting into this new mindset my personal trainer has prepared, but once I start getting into the rhythm, I think I will be able to overcome many emotional problems of the past.

One positive way of doing self-care is cooking so it's encouraging to me when reading how you and others are enjoying those recipes. Sometimes Mandy cooks and I love watching her busying around in the kitchen, humming a song as she goes. To sit and do nothing but watch is good in itself. Sometimes I think we need to stop being busy, and sit and be.

Reading is a good hobby. But also reading cookbooks can lead to fun in the kitchen, too!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 24th 2018, 03:27 AM

Great to hear you're looking after yourself and Mandy.

Stay safe, take care and we'll see you when you get back.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 24th 2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Great to hear you're looking after yourself and Mandy.

Stay safe, take care and we'll see you when you get back.
Apart from band practice and any activity in our recording studio, I'm still here. But thank you for encouragement and we'll stay safe.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - April 24th 2018, 09:08 PM

I wish you the best. Stay safe! We'll talk when you come back. Lot of Hugs.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 1st 2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
I wish you the best. Stay safe! We'll talk when you come back. Lot of Hugs.
Thank you so much and all my friends here. Just an update...

Starting today we're on the second leg of our concert, and this morning are flying back home to Majorca. The rest of the week we'll be playing at 5 star hotels in a tourist resort north of the island, then south of the island at the weekend for a big outdoor concert close to the largest harbour. It's such fun because the crowds are not too massive, only about 1,000 maximum, but at the hotels the audience numbers are considerably smaller: 400 maximum.

During our hotel concerts I ask some of the younger audience up on stage while I'm singing, and afterwards having them sit in a VIP area specially set aside onstage. It's always a joy having kids up on the stage with us, and below down in the arena their parents look so happy.

Before a concert begins, but always afterwards, they and their parents are invited backstage to meet us. There we give away albums and merchandise such as hoodies and tea mugs, also signed album freebies and we do autographs. It's always lovely because it brings our fans closer to us and makes them feel special and valued. Our success has been because of our fans and their loyalty, and it's their ongoing loyalty that makes us want to reward. Not many bands do this, but personally, Mandy and I feel it's important to listen to our fans and take interest in their own lives.

With their parent's permission, Mandy and I will write to some of the children - like if they have special needs their parents confide in us. If then we can make a significant impression of genuinely helping young people and especially giving away freebies to preteens, then our band and its music can make a big difference to their young lives. This has always been the most rewarding part of being a musician, our helping others.

But, it's not always about making money - goodness knows we've made enough already - Mandy and I are teaching a small bunch of promising kids and they are getting very, very good! We have 4 standard Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic guitars, specially bought that they can learn on. Plus 2 rather lovely Manuel Rodríguez guitars for a twin girl and a boy, both 12 years old. Since last year they have shown much promise. One has the hand built Rodríguez Jr. India S - and the other is a very beautiful hand built Manuel Rodríguez Jr. Madagascar (the Signature edtion). After our tour we'll return to teaching them, and if they continue being so brilliant, then we will sign the Rodríguez guitars over to them and with their mum's permission, get them into music college and pay for their full tuition. Music is part of our lives. If we can make a difference to a handful of great children, then what we are doing will be so worthwhile.

Wishing everyone all the best and have a super week,

~ Belle

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 1st 2018, 06:58 PM

That's great you guys have a personal trainer! Sending good vibes your way as you work on yourselves.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 3rd 2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyannah M View Post
That's great you guys have a personal trainer! Sending good vibes your way as you work on yourselves.
Thank you! All is going very well not only us having a personal trainer, but also because Mandy has been appointed as junior guardian to a paid of preteen twins, a boy and a girl. They have been adopted into our family since their parents abandoned them. Both are 12 and are so lovely, though they are confused about their parents deserting them, are most happy living with us. We are teaching the twins acoustic guitar and Mandy is setting about getting them to a school. We might have them home schooled as there is a very good curriculum that I'm on and it could suit them, but we'll see.

Tonight and tomorrow we have concerts at local hotels which will be super fun. Looking forward to them.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 3rd 2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
Thank you! All is going very well not only us having a personal trainer, but also because Mandy has been appointed as junior guardian to a paid of preteen twins, a boy and a girl. They have been adopted into our family since their parents abandoned them. Both are 12 and are so lovely, though they are confused about their parents deserting them, are most happy living with us. We are teaching the twins acoustic guitar and Mandy is setting about getting them to a school. We might have them home schooled as there is a very good curriculum that I'm on and it could suit them, but we'll see.

Tonight and tomorrow we have concerts at local hotels which will be super fun. Looking forward to them.
Awh, that is awesome that the twins are with you two! I know you both will be amazing guardians. They are so blessed to be with you, especially with their parents deserting them.

Great! Good luck on the concerts!

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 11th 2018, 08:38 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 12th 2018, 09:48 AM

Thanks for your welcome, Brittany

Since taking on the twins, we had to send the boy home when discovering he'd been bullying his sister and seriously. We forfid bullying at home, having zero tolerance, so now it's just Sophie living with us and she is such a sweet girl.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 14th 2018, 07:28 PM

It's so great to read your updates. I know I wasn't here before but I look forward to reading more about your tour.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 19th 2018, 02:41 PM

Glad to hear your concerts and other things are going well! See you when you get back

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 28th 2018, 12:17 PM

Update.

It is with regret and sadness that I am no longer in a relationship with Mandy, for recently the pressures of my music career took toll and I am in London having bought a house in a quiet and exclusive district. It is lovely here.

The personal trainer was wonderful, but had to be cancelled for the foreseeable future.

After there has been a response here, if any, I think it would be prudent to close my thread as it is no longer applicable.

I will be gone for a while, reasons being private. I will miss you all, but won't be long gone.

Much love,

~ Belle

(#19 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 28th 2018, 01:35 PM

I am sorry to hear things didn't work out between you and Mandy. I understand needing to take some time away for yourself.

If you need to utilize any of the resources TeenHelp provides, don't hesitate to do so.

Take care, please.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Creator of my own world...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Touring - and having a personal trainer - May 28th 2018, 05:35 PM

Closing thread upon original poster's request. If you'd like it reopened, let me know.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

Closed Thread