TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

(#1 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Arrow I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 04:43 AM

Hey there,

It's been a long time since I've been active on here. A lot has happened since I was last active on this site. I needed some time to work on myself, bettering myself so that I can become a better human being and become the best version of myself that I can be. From working on myself for the past couple of years, what I can tell you is this:

I've noticed from a lot of the people that I've helped from the past, while I do not know them personally, it's always puzzled me for a long time why people weren't taking my advice. Was it that my advice was bad? Or could it be that it wasn't good enough? Then I came to a realization:

You can give the best kind of advice in the world to someone, but that advice is useless if that person never takes it to heart and implements it into their own life.

You can't tell people what to do no matter how good the advice you're giving. What you can do is share with them a similar situation you went through and how you handled it. That can allow someone to find inspiration from your story and to use what they learned from your story and implement it into their own life.

Someone won't remember the facts you tell them, but that person is more likely to remember the story you shared with them.

For a long time, I've had this ambition to help others, to solve their everyday problems, but I realized you can only do so much. It's already complicated enough to solve your own problems, to figure out why you're doing what you're doing. What more for solving other people's problems? You can't solve people's problems, they've got to do it themselves. They can ask for support, for guidance, but ultimately, they're the ones that are in control. You're not in control of others, but you are in control of yourself.

If you read up to this point, I may not know you, but I know that hearing my words have gotten you to at least think differently, to think from a different perspective. Whatever it is that's going on in your life right now, it's not too late to change the story.

You're the author, the pen is and will always be in your hand. Write your story and make it a great one.

If you got any kind of value from this post, feel free to read my poems in the Self-Expression thread and send me a PM. I'd love to connect with you and get to know more about you. I may not be on here every day, but I'll do my best to get back to you when I can.

I wish you all the absolute best wherever and whenever you're reading this.

-Mark

Who I am is the possibility of kindness, compassion, and perseverance in all beings, and what I have to give up to be that possibility is my fear of looking bad, and that is who I am!
  Send a message via Skype™ to CrusadingAvenger 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 10:41 AM

Dear Mark, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I believe the way to finding happiness and fulfillment in life is connecting with oneself and making peace with one's soul; your words suit it. I'm glad to hear you moved on and found yourself in a better place than you had before.

All the best xx Sue

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 05:52 PM

Absolutely Sue, it's also how you attract the right kinds of people you want in your life. You've got to be whole with yourself first instead of looking for someone to complete you.

Who I am is the possibility of kindness, compassion, and perseverance in all beings, and what I have to give up to be that possibility is my fear of looking bad, and that is who I am!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Creator of my own world...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 06:02 PM

Thank you for sharing, and I will have to read some of your threads in SE. Welcome back, as well

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 07:55 PM

Hey Mark and welcome back! It's lovely to see you posting around, especially since your posts are thought provoking and inspirational- totally agree that you can only help others so much and the rest is down to them. And likewise, we are the creators of our own destiny.

Hope you are okay and life is treating you well

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
Thank you for sharing, and I will have to read some of your threads in SE. Welcome back, as well
No problem, and sounds good. Thanks for the welcome back

(#7 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 9th 2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Hey Mark and welcome back! It's lovely to see you posting around, especially since your posts are thought provoking and inspirational- totally agree that you can only help others so much and the rest is down to them. And likewise, we are the creators of our own destiny.

Hope you are okay and life is treating you well
Thanks Holly! I'm glad you're liking the posts I've been putting up. Absolutely, couldn't agree more. I'm doing well, thanks. I trust you are too.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 10th 2019, 08:10 PM

It’s lovely to see you back! Great post.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 11th 2019, 03:11 AM

Thanks Dez, no problem!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 11th 2019, 08:26 AM

Hi there Mark and welcome back to Teenhelp!

Thank you for sharing and if you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 12th 2019, 08:08 AM

Its good to see you back

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 13th 2019, 12:18 AM

Hi, Mark,

Welcome back! I agree with everything you have written here. I'm so glad that you have come to this realization, as it took a long, long time for me to get to this place. It's true that we can only do so much as individuals, and sometimes we just have to do our best and believe that that's good enough - even if the person doesn't end up taking our advice.

I'm glad to see you've come back! I don't think I was active the last time you were around, but it's always fun to see old members return! I myself originally joined in 2010.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Best,
Kylie

(#13 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 13th 2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recommencer View Post
Hi, Mark,

Welcome back! I agree with everything you have written here. I'm so glad that you have come to this realization, as it took a long, long time for me to get to this place. It's true that we can only do so much as individuals, and sometimes we just have to do our best and believe that that's good enough - even if the person doesn't end up taking our advice.

I'm glad to see you've come back! I don't think I was active the last time you were around, but it's always fun to see old members return! I myself originally joined in 2010.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Best,
Kylie
I couldn't agree more. We're not in charge of the other person, and we can't hold ourselves responsible for that person. The only person we're in charge of is ourselves.

No problem, thanks for the welcoming back!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I Wanted To Let You Know... - June 13th 2019, 02:40 AM

Thanks for all the welcome backs everyone!